A Nature Expedition (QueenChrysalis747 and TheInvisiblePony)

TheInvisiblePony

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy looked up from her hoof upon feeling another hoof on her shoulder, and listened to Darkness, before smiling. Perhaps that touch on the shoulder helped, but she felt much more calm. Giving a smile, she took a breath, though she was still blushing.[colour=#800080] "Thank you. You really know just what to say. Its really quite charming."[/colour] Felling somewhat inclined, and given the situation, she tried for a daring maneuver. In a brief second, she through a hug. It wasn't long, in fact it was rather quick considering her nervousness in the situation. It couldn't have lasted more than a moment, and she her skin turned bright red after breaking contact.

Darkness blushed as well, "T..Thanks," he managed to say and smiled and grinned, "Your so pretty when you blush," he smiled and though of what he could repay her with for the hug. But he was having no luck, he dared not kiss her or lick he neck, it might have been too far

In response to Darkness, Fantasy maintained the blush. [colour=#800080]"Well then, you're in luck."[/colour] She responded to his grin with her own. 'Well, what next, Fantasy?' It had taken quite a bit of courage to issue the hug in the first place, but what could she follow up with? Certainly nothing came to mind.

Darkness smiled at her warmly and though about the time, "hold on there is only a minute left till we see how it switches up," he said to her. He then got up and stretched out, "Oh I hope it works out for us so I can show you my secret spot!" he smiled warmly as he waited

Fantasy nodded in response, thought she wondered how fifteen minutes had already passed. Time sure flew past her. Regardless, she was still rather curious as to what this spot would be. Oh, it could be any number of things! [colour=#800080]"I must say, I'm just as excited to see it as you are to show me! Surely another minute can't be that long of a wait?" [/colour]

"Ah, perfect!" Fantasy followed to the door, opening it very eagerly and coming face to face with the first room they had arrived in, with the table and the cushions and the bare walls. It would make sense that this would be the exit, given that it was the entrance, and the two tend to come hand in hand. she smiled in familiarity, and that there were actually things besides a blank room. Such a reassuring thought, really. Turning around towards Darkness, she gestured with her hoof towards the door they had first entered the ruin in.

[colour=#800080]"Well, I imagine that just beyond there is the forest again, so you should probably take the lead."[/colour] She smiled and returned to a very formal waiting pose. After all, if the exit was right there, and they had fifteen minutes, what could go wrong?

Darkness nodded and ran out and smiled as they sure enough were outside, he even stopped to check. He nodded, "Yes it is really freedom, come along now," he smiled to her as he began to walk away from the ruin.

Fantasy walked outside following in tow, and gave a small little hop of joy upon seeing the outside world. [colour=#800080]"Ah ha, excellent job! Where would I be without you?"[/colour] The idea popped into her head, and she put a hoof to her chin before adding [colour=#800080]"Well, actually, I probably wouldn't have even found the place. So I guess I owe you for that too."[/colour] She looked around the various trees and almost missed Darkness walking off. She glanced to her left and saw him a distance away, and she trotted rather briskly to catch up.

[colour=#800080]"Well, Onwards and upwards!"[/colour] She glanced over her shoulder to the dungeon, trying to remember where the ruin was. She'd have to come back some time.

Darkness slowed his pace a bit and kept beside her, "So..." he started, "It's a little bits away," he informed her as they walked and he smiled, "so what do you wanna talk about?" he asked figuring talking was the only thing they could do till they got there.

Catching up, Fantasy maintained a trot next to Darkness, and nodded as he explained the distance Understandable, she reasoned. Looking around at the trees, and having regained her composure, she considered what the next conversational topic would be rather seriously. Glancing around, she tried thinking of something, but couldn't, so she tried ad libbing.

[colour=#800080]"Well, I guess we could talk about... hmm... you know, besides going into nature, I'm still not sure what you do exactly. Surely you have to have something else you do."[/colour] She looked earnestly at her companion, as she awaited the reply.

He shrugged, "Honestly I really don't," he sighed, "I'm a fairly boring pony," he said to her as they trotted along, "I usually stay away from Canterlot if I can but will occasionally go back there," he looked at the sky, "Also went to Cloudsdale once to see a Wonderbolt show," he smiled to her, "They are pretty amazing!"

Fantasy chuckled. [colour=#800080]"Oh, you're anything but boring. I can attest to that!"[/colour]. Listening to the Wonderbolt bit, she nodded intently in agreement, before spending a second wondering what it would be like to see them perform in a city of pegasi. Certainly it would be seeing them in their element. [colour=#800080]"Oh I can only imagine! I can't say I've ever been to a show myself, but I've heard plenty of ponies talk about them just about everywhere I go. Its hard to believe they'd be anything less with a reputation like theirs!" [/colour]She smiled back in response to Darkness.

Fantasy smiled to the question, as she thought back on her various adventures. [colour=#800080]"Well, I certainly have been on my fair share of travels. I just hope you aren't expecting anything that could have come out of a Daring Do novel. Let's see..."[/colour] She put readjusted her hat in thought before continuing [colour=#800080]"There was that one time I found a... three room? Or was it two room? Something like that. Anyways, I found a small ruin behind a waterfall of all places. Sadly there wasn't much there besides some waterlogged paper. Still, it was worth it for the view alone!"[/colour] She chuckled remembering that one, but she kept talking figuring that he would want more than one story.

[colour=#800080]"Then there was an old store I found an old store somewhere between Stalliongrad and Trottingham. Very plain little place, but there was a lot of little neat trinkets. I believe I found a few spurs, some very high quality rope, and... you know, maybe that wasn't the most exciting example."[/colour] Fantasy frowned, wondering about exciting. What was the journey that was the most danger filled.[colour=#800080] "I guess the peak of risky adventuring would be that time I sprained my hoof in the Everfree, or some locale like that. Can't quite remember how it happened, but getting out took quite a bit of crafty thinking. Oh, and then I just happened to come across some cockatrice tracks!" [/colour]She gave a brief laugh, [colour=#800080]"That was unsettling. Luckily they were a few hours old, so I never came close to an encounter with the thing, but dear Celestia did I panic! Anyways, it was an unsuccessful trip, but looking back, it certainly was interesting."[/colour]

"A..a Cockatrice?" he asked curiously, "What in the name of Celestia is that?" he was confused, "I've ventured into the Everfree a few times and have diddly nothing!" he said as he slowed standing by some bushes

[colour=#800080]"Hmm? Oh, I've read about it in a few books but I've never actually met one. Not very common, or so I'm led to believe, but its essentially a chicken with a snakes tail. Not very large usually, and it petrifies its prey. Kinda like a... well actually, its fairly unique as far as those things go. Fascinating to study, really."[/colour] Fantasy tried very much to downplay the threat of it, hoping not to unnerve Darkness. Though, she had to admit, she didn't think he'd be frightened, there was no point in testing the waters. Besides, having never seen one herself, it was kind of hard to have an actually gauge for the danger it presented. Aside from the panic she felt however long ago the adventure was, she had never really been afraid of them.

Fantasy looked at the bush with slight curiosity. Obviously this place was well hidden, so it either meant a lot to Darkness, or it took him a while to find it. Maybe both. Regardless, she blushed slightly in turn with Darkness' compliment, so she replied quite happily [colour=#800080]"Oh yes, it went by just as quick with me, given your company"[/colour] She flashed an enthusiastic smile as she awaited eagerly to look inside. It certainly had to be amazing, after all, why else would Darkness hype it so much? Realizing her hat had slipped down her eyes a little, from her earlier readjustment, she chuckled a little and pulled up her hat to take her look.

He pulled away the bush to reveal his secret spot, and it was a majestic spot at the least. It involved a fairly large, crystal clear lake, with a 6 foot tall waterfall coming from the woods above. It was almost a perfect circle except for the small section near the edge that made a small mini pond just off of the main area. It was lightly bubbling, clearl magically enchanted to be a perfect temperature always. There were many bushes and trees in a circle around it blocking the view out from inside and vice versa. Some trees and bushes also bore fruit and there was an occasionally small creature here and there. "What did I say?" he smiled at her, "Go in," he said bowing politely as if a door pony.

Fantasy nodded politely at Darkness bowing, then heeded his suggestion and walked inside. Her jaw proceeded to drop. Almost instantly, she understood the hype, and the excitement and most of all the secrecy. Looking around, her eyes twinkled with the same excitement that she got from exploring ruins, which is to say, she absolutely loved it. For almost a minute, Fantasy didn't talk, but rather she stood there taking it all in. The pool was somehow more circular than a circle, the plants were a wonderful green, and she was awestruck by the waterfall mainly. Without taking her eyes off the scenery she spoke up.

[colour=#800080]"Its... its... marvelous! Almost beyond words!"[/colour] With the enthusiasm of a filly on Nightmare Night, she began speeding off around the clearing, getting a closer look at everything she happened to walk by.

He smiled warmly and followed her in and set the bush back, "Yeah, I actually got here by accident," he laughed a bit, "Got washed down from upstream and fell into the pool here," he sat as the edge of the water and watched her happily

Fantasy almost didn't hear Darkness, she was so taken in. Rather interestingly, a squirrel hopping about seemed eager to engage in a staring contest, perhaps due to the fact that the mare hadn't shown up previously, but regardless, Fantasy stared bemused at the critter for a few seconds, before Darkness's voice startled it, and she caught it herself. Chuckling as she straightened herself, she walked over to the pool and next to Darkness where she replied. [colour=#800080]"Oh, but that's how life goes, doesn't it? Sometimes the best things aren't intentional, and sometimes the intentional things backfire horribly."[/colour]

Having said that, she continued to get an eyeful and then some as she gazed around at all of the plant life and such, committing as much of it to memory as possible. She had decided: this was something she wanted to commit to memory, but she did look back at the pegasus to elaborate. [colour=#800080]"Take myself as an example: I had gone into this forest looking for trinkets, but I had unintentionally bumped into you. Now I'm here, and things are looking grand!"[/colour]

"Yeah they are grand, because your with me," he said shuffling a hoof before slowly moving it next to hers and blushed smiling at her, "I..I'm so glad you love this place," he smiled and looked into the lake, "Never thought I would find someone I trust enough to show it too," he looked back at her, "But your not just somepony anymore,"