A Nature Expedition (QueenChrysalis747 and TheInvisiblePony)

TheInvisiblePony

Fantasy paused hesitantly as she mentally phrased her next sentence. She knew why she asked, but at the same time she didn't want to dwell on the thought that much. Deciding to play it off, she answered somewhat honestly [colour=#800080]"I... don't really know. I just figured that the grass is always greener on the other side. I always figured that I-"[/colour] she paused in her Freudian slip for a split second before quickly recovering [colour=#800080]"-I mean the shooting star might get tired, or perhaps run out of places to fly. Yet, I don't think they can very well stop, even if they've found a place they'd like to stay." [/colour]

Fantasy gazed to the spot where the star had first popped up, considering that by this point it was gone. Realizing she had taken a bit of a somber tone, she didn't want to ruin the mood, so she flashed a quick smile towards Darkness, before adding [colour=#800080]"Of course, maybe I'm wrong. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the first time."[/colour]

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness looked at her, "yes, well whatever your dwelling on.." he said calmly as he turned back to the sky, "I was different, I never look back at the place I came from," he sighed, "It wasn't even close to home"

Fantasy chuckled, before replying [colour=#800080]"From what I've gathered from your family, that certainly doesn't sound like a home, that's true!"[/colour] She didn't follow his gaze, but rather she looked quite happily at Darkness for a few seconds, as well as balance various cryptic thoughts running through her head. Or were they cryptic because she wasn't dwelling on them? She figured it didn't matter much. [colour=#800080]"But hay, I haven't had a home for quite some years now, and I've been doing just fine."[/colour]

Finally, she leaned back a little, and looked again towards the still empty spot where the shooting star was, no longer feeling any remorse (that had passed for now) but rather she wondered where it had went.

Fantasy watched as he stepped back, but closed her eyes in thought upon hearing the question. Again and again it seemed like she was winging the whole process, which made sense given it was still new ground, but still it was enough to give her pause. Stalling for a bit more time, she started speaking.[colour=#800080] "Well... I guess we could..."[/colour] she trailed off, hoping to think of a thought, but was unable to .

Giving a thought a try, she ventured an answer [colour=#800080]"I guess we could wander around for a bit... no. Its a bit dark for that. Maybe we should go for something simple. If there are a few pebbles around, we could always just skip a few stones."[/colour] She sounded slightly unsure of her answer almost ending it as more of a question than an answer.

Fantasy smiled as she answered, blushing slightly in turn again at Darkness's peck. She tossed around a few ideas in her head of what to say, then she spoke up.[colour=#800080] "Well, I guess you could say I'm not used to this, so I guess I am a bit unsure. Everything is uncharted waters here, and while it certainly is wonderful, believe me, I'm never quite sure of what to do."[/colour] She closed her eyes for a few brief seconds, hoping honesty would help her out here. Stretching out a bit herself, Fantasy stood up herself to better match Darkness' pose.

Darkness smiled and wrapped a wing over her and pulled her close, "Relax, I'm pretty sure there waters are clear, and beautiful," he smiled at her, "I don't think you have anything to worry about, really I don't," he said to her, "Just wish you could fly, then we could go on a night fly," he shrugged, "But no biggie, I like being with ya anyway"

Again and again, Fantasy found herself blushing tonight, this time being Darkness pulling her close. She would think she'd have gotten used to it, but somehow each romantic gesture exchanged was just as similar as the previous one, right up to the first one. Not to say she was uncomfortable, quite the opposite really. She smiled in turn with Darkness' comment on her flying, before commenting on it. [colour=#800080]"I can't say I've given much thought on being a pegasus. I suppose having wings would be pretty handy. Still, I must thank you, as your company is just as good."[/colour]

She paused, musing a thought. [colour=#800080]"Although, I'm starting to wonder if you'd have any problems with uncharted waters. After all, isn't your talent never getting lost? You certainly seem to know what you're doing."[/colour] She gave a slight chuckle before slightly nuzzling in under his wing, to fit a little more comfortably.

Fantasy raised an eyebrow [colour=#800080]"Oh? I must keep that in mind." [/colour]She managed to keep a straight face for about 3 seconds before joining his giggle. As it died down, she again glanced up, not so much in thought, but more so from force of habit at this point. Turning her head slightly, she looked towards Darkness as a few ideas ran through her head, as their appearances were inevitable at this point.

[colour=#800080]"Pardon me for dwelling on an old subject, as I know you said you don't spend a whole lot of time in Canterlot, but I'm curious as to what 'a whole lot of time' is. As in, do you go back once a week, once a month, or so on? I know its a bit specific, but trust me, I have a point to this."[/colour]

"I stop back once a day, usually hiding in shadows until a friend of mine, Moonlite Frost, gets out of work," he smiled, "She is like a sister to me, been there since I stepped off that train," he turned to Fantasy, "So why you ask?"

Fantasy frowned in thought, before speaking up. [colour=#800080]"Oh, I was just going to suggest that you should adventure with me every now and then. Not for very long, I had reasoned that much, but I would hate to keep this Moonlight waiting for you. You certainly hold her in high esteem, understandably so. Of course, maybe one of these days I could take a vacation in Canterlot. That 'twould be fun."[/colour] She smiled enthusiastically, wondering briefly what this Moonlight was like. Obviously nice, but beyond that she wasn't sure. Ah vell.

She sighed happily, before adding. [colour=#800080]"But I suppose I'm focusing too much on what will be. Now is just as good."[/colour] She rested her head on his shoulder. [colour=#800080]"If not better."[/colour]

Fantasy grinned and stared back just as happily. Upon noticing his blush, she subconsciously matched it and blushed just as much. As she sat there, she began to feel once again a little tired, giving the hour of night, but she was still perfectly willing to stay awake. She didn't want to miss a moment of anything, so she ignored the creeping feeling.

Fantasy chuckled happily, and in response she spoke [colour=#800080]"Well, my stallionfriend, as much as I would like to suggest something different to do, at the moment I can think of nothing better to do than sit here and talk. Seeing as how that's what we've been doing, I should think we've been doing just what we should have been doing."[/colour] She answered quite joyfully, although she was still ever so slightly tired, so it was very much sincere if not one hundred percent enthusiastic. Feeling as though she should carry on talking, as though silence were taboo for the moment, she continued.

[colour=#800080]"But of course, if you have any suggestions, I'd hate to trample over them."[/colour]

He smiled at her warmly, "No I'm quite fine just sitting and talking," he said to her, "So, what shall we talk about?" he asked her, always loving her ideas much more than his own. He looked at the stars and then to the water, finally back to her.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, let's see... what have we not gone over already?"[/colour] She silently spoke aloud, more to herself to give her some ideas. [colour=#800080]"Well, you've been around this forest for a while. I don't suppose you have any exciting stories?" [/colour]As she spoke, a small twinkle popped up in her eye, and she spoke the last sentence with a measure of enthusiasm. Oh, she did love a good story. She grinned despite herself, and eagerly awaited a reply, while trying to maintain a more composed facade.

"Hmm, well that depends on your version of exciting," he smiled at her, "in this forest I think the most exciting thing I did was chase a bunny, that's about it," he stuck out his tongue a little, "Now in the Everfree, oh I have had some adventures there, one time I saw this strange looking black and white mare, though she seemed a bit out of it so I left her alone,"

[colour=#800080]"You saw this mare in the Everfree? Curious... I wonder who it could have been... Ah well, I'm sure it won't matter much."[/colour] She smiled, before dwelling back to Darkness' tales. At first thought, she wasn't sure to make of it, but the appeal to such a happy-go-lucky romp around the forest did grow on her the longer she dwelled on the idea.[colour=#800080] "I must say, I envy your adventures here just a little. I mean to say, simply lounging about the trees, and this clearing in particular, is quite an admirable endeavor."[/colour]

She pictured herself in those scenarios, but she couldn't imagine herself staying put long enough to enjoy anything for more than a few days. It just wasn't for her, but that didn't mean she couldn't understand why it would be for one. She related much more to the quests Darkness alluded to having in the Everfree, partly because she's had a few of her own there.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, well, let's see..."[/colour] Fantasy put a hoof to her chin in thought, before continuing.[colour=#800080] "I've had plenty of exciting adventures, but my most exciting? That, my dear Mr. Eclipsed, is a tough question."[/colour] She gave the question some deep thought, and mused all of the different ruins she's ventured into. [colour=#800080]"I guess you could this very much depends on the definition of exciting. If you mean adrenaline-filled, there's this wonderful little ancient pegasi training canyon that is a doozy navigating by hoof. If you mean awe-inspiring, I know of small tower on a hill with a wonderful view of the Everfree. But, the one place I've yet to find a match of would have to be... oh, let's see"[/colour]

She paused once more, letting the answer dance across the tip of the tongue, before it finally came to her. [colour=#800080]"Oh, I've got it! There's this wonderful little shrine, not far from here, actually. Not much to look at by itself, but its quite the maze. I believe somepony built it for a 'Mare on the Moon'; curious little place, really."[/colour] She flashed a sly little smile towards Darkness, figuring that it was the most exciting adventure she's been on, given that it has been different from every one in the past.

He smiled at her and kissed her, "Yeah, guess that place was quite an adventure," he giggled and smiled at her. He looked around, not sure what to do now, he looked at her, "care to take a little dip?" he asked nodding toward the water, "So long as I'm the one who decided to get me wet then I'm fine with water," he laughed, musing in the story of how he found here

Fantasy smiled as well, chuckling at his joke, before considering the offer to the pool. [colour=#800080]"Well, I'm certainly no stranger to water, what the hay?"[/colour] She instinctively went up too take off her hat, only to realize it had already fallen off, presumably a while ago. 'Well, at least it won't get wet' she privately mused, before walking towards the pool.

Although one could hardly call Tropes a cautious mare, she was a bit hesitant to try out the water, given the night. Although she loved the night skies and everything, one of the few cons was how cold bodies of water got. Figuring Darkness, as the resident expert, would know of something like water temperature, she called out [colour=#800080]"Well, you found the place, after you dear sir."[/colour] She took a sidestep as if mimicking holding open a door and held out a polite hoof