Bon Bon's Bonbons: Open for Business(and Bonbons)! (Open, Ponyville)

SteelEagle

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da.png

There was never a bad time to sell bonbons. Sick in bed? Sell bonbons. Just don't touch them and it was all just dandy by her reckoning. Stuck at a party that you didn't want to attend? Sell bonbons. She always had a few laying somewhere in case of a bonbon emergency and selling them definitely counted. Tied up in the woods? Sell bonbons. Pegasus crash into you running away from ghosts? Sell bonbons while running. You could sell bonbons with or without a storefront or cart, in the tub or sleeping or even eating bonbons. You couldn't stop Bon Bon from selling Bonbons in any circumstance, including a little Derpy-aided reconstruction of her business model. And besides, he was such an astute stallion that how could she not serve him?

[colour=#0000cd]"No, it's a fine time to buy! I just had a little incident with a friend who ended up destroying my cart, but it's not a big deal,"[/colour] She bounced her back up, sending a clutch of bonbons up in the air before catching them again with her baskets. She smiled, tossing a hoof to her treats.

[colour=#0000cd]"And Care Package, these are most CERTAINLY bonbons!" She wasn't going to give him any grief for stating the obvious since it didn't seem to help her any, "and the best darn bonbons in all of Equestria, give or take one or two places. Maybe."[/colour]

Slight pause. She didn't want to leave anypony with the impression she was less than the best, but speaking in absolutes didn't come natural for the mare who had

[colour=#0000cd]"Anyway, for six bonbons the total is one and a half bits. Or you can purchase a small bag for seven or even a large bag for eleven!" [/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

2sb9yxc.jpg

While Bon Bon busied herself with selling her bonbons without the assistance of a intact cart, another pony was buy instigating the means to set things right. Derpy Hooves wasted no time in flying back to her house and smashing her piggy bank wide open. Armed with an array of bits, the googly-eyed pegasus traveled on over to Rich’s Barnyard Bargains to get everything she would require. Wood, nails, hammers, saws, paint, and yes... a replacement piggy bank to replace the one Derpy destroyed back at home. She might have bought a few other things as well, but clearly they weren’t important enough to be remembered.

As one benefit of recent Barnyard Bargains initiatives to increase customer loyalty, Derpy Hooves enjoyed the luxury of having store employees transport all her stuff via a pegasi-drawn trailer, free of charge! Once they were above Bon Bon’s ruined stand, the young mare flew inside the hovering trailer and pushed nearly everything she purchased (except for the piggy bank nestled in her mane) right out. Oblivious to both the grimaces from the two green-vested employees and the poor bonbon-purchasing customer standing right in the shadow of a horrendous cascade, Miss Hooves could only daydream as she imagined crafting for the pale yellow earth-pony the best market cart OF ALL TIME.....!

Bon Bon's day had ground to a halt, the customer sort of just staring blankly into the void as the sheer number of options she had presented seemingly obliterated his mind. She couldn't blame him there- the whole ordeal must have been overwhelming for his little pegasus mind. Three whole options of which to choose from which were like major life choices, the delicious and friendly aroma of her beautiful bonbons crackling through the air with unseen energy, and two stunningly beautiful mares with which his poor little mind couldn't cope. Besides, it wasn't like there was a crowd to deal with- today had been a pretty dead day for business despite getting off to a good start. He could take all the time in the world to make a decision at the remains of her cart as long as he walked away with some bonbons and fewer bits. If not, well, that's why she had favors to write in for future business. But he kept on standing there.

"Care Package-" Bon Bon started before like the harbringers of old, she felt a dark, evil presence hover above her in the clouds and knew what it was. but she couldn't afford to give a shout or do anything more as she looked up and saw a cascade of materials fall from the trailer overhead. Pegasi were to a creature infuriating! Panicked, seeing the materials arching for the mute customer in front of her, Bon Bon valiantly pushed him out of the way- only to have the materials fall on her instead. Piece by piece they cracked into her, hammers into her sides, nails on the hammered end drum beating against her head, epoxy in her mane holding sawdust. She tripped and fell under the fierce deluge as wood beat her upon the body, forcing her down as she struggled to roll onto her back. The wood fell in a pattern, locking her backlegs in place as nearly half of her became covered in materials.

[colour=#0000cd]"Achoo! Achoo! D-DER-"[/colour] She began before a two-by-four fell and whacked her in the head, knocking her out as it came to rest alongside the length of her body as if she was hugging it.

• Like 1

[colour=#0000CD]"Achoo! Achoo! D-DER-"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyra had been preoccupied by her lyre for a while, playing a dulcet melody to try and lure passersby, to frustratingly little effect when suddenly she heard her Bonnie sneeze and start to speak. She turned around just to find an avalanche of construction supplies fall from above onto her fillyfriend, who was soon knocked out by a plank. Seeing this, Lyra immediately rushed to her mare's side to make sure she was fine.[/colour]

[colour=#339999]"Bonnie!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she shouted as she examined Bon Bon, looking over where the various odds and ends had hit her. There were lots of bumps and bruises but Lyra was quite relieved to see her mare was very much okay. She was just probably going to be kind of out of it for a while. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]All the same, Lyra felt her anger rise. Bonnie getting hurt was unacceptable. She would not let the mare responsible get away with this. This had gone on far enough. Rising to her back hooves and looking up into the sky her eyes narrowed into a glare as she found that mare. She shook her hoof at the mare and called out to her.[/colour]

[colour=#339999]"This has gone on far enough! Wrecking her cart is one thing, but now you've gone and hurt her cute little head too!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Lyra shouted upwards at the gray and yellow pegasus.[/colour] [colour=#339999]"Get down here and face me Derpy and we'll settle this mare to mare!"[/colour]

• Like 1

2sb9yxc.jpg

Hearing commotion from down below, Derpy Hooves used her Derpy Vision... that is to say, her regular googly-eyed sight, to see what the fuss was about on the ground. And oh my, it looked like poor Bon Bon got in the way of all the gray mare’s tools and equipment. Derpy took a moment to lament the silly pony; all too often, somepony would get the compulsion to stand below things the blond pegasus needed to drop towards the earth. To this date, Depy never figured out why this was so.

Miss Hooves would need to answer that question later, for the tormented cry of Bon Bon’s fillyfriend rang out towards the heavens. Taking this as her cue to head on below, Derpy flew down until she was only hovering a few meters off the ground. [colour=#ffcc00]“Ehhh... sorry about what happened to Bon Bon,”[/colour] Derpy apologized to Lyra Heartstrings as she winced at the sight of the fallen earth pony; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’m not sure how that happened at all.....”[/colour]

• 2 months later...

Bon Bon didn't dream the dreams of a mare while she was completely out of sorts. No, no wild fever dreams or her consciousness or lack thereof doing something funky, which was a disappointment as she grew aware of her surroundings. Just the void which seemed to vanish as quickly as it came. The world grew lighter on the dimensions and edges of her awareness until finally her eyes fluttered open weakly. She felt like a hundred tons of bricks had slammed into her noggin, followed by a hundred tons of fire in her eyes, and then a hundred pounds of dust in her nose that explained the twitching in her snout that woke her up. Oh yeah, and some sort of evil spider queen had laid a thousand eggs in her brain and they just hatched and were crawling all over her super large and smart brain, this odd itching in every which direction as she pulled herself meekly across the ground for a moment. What the hay had happened? She could only remember chaos and hr marefriend, and chaos had caused chaotic chaos. Only two creatures were capable of such a feat. One was in Canterlot. The other was Derpy.

"Ugghhh...Derpy...Derrrrrppppyy....DEEEEERRRRRPPPPYYYYYY....DERPY!" Bon Bon cried out, her voice breaking as she took deep breaths in between. She wobbled to her hooves, nearly falling over and using Lyra as leverage as she joined her in hoof shaking.

"Derpy, what are you doing?! You're not a baking soda, you're a sugar creamer! You need to bake using wood to get the parchment off of trees..." She rubbed her head, "Owwwwwww, my head! You're a satchel of sad! Leave the materials and get a doctor or something, please. And just lead the doctor, don't...my head! GAH!" Bon Bon said, kicking a nearby piece of wood...and revealing row upon row of destroyed bonbons. Indeed, her underside was caked in it- she had paused the customer out of the way only to be crushed under the weight of materials. It was all gone. Her shop. Her bonbons.

She stared agape, pointing at the ruins of her business with a shaking hoof.

"B...B...Bonbon...Bon Bon's Bonbons..."

“Ehhh... sorry about what happened to Bon Bon, I’m not sure how that happened at all.....”

"It happened because you're a big careless stupid!" Lyra said accusatorially, pointing her hoof.

She didn't care if she was being mean. Derpy was the one who had wrecked everything. She deserved to hear it. Hurting Bonnine and destroying everything was more than worth a little meanness as far as Lyra was concerned. Honestly, it was a little overdue. This mare was a real nuisance for everyone, but no one ever called her out for it, probably on the assumption that she couldn't help it.

"Ugghhh...Derpy...Derrrrrppppyy....DEEEEERRRRRPPPPYYYYYY....DERPY! Derpy, what are you doing?! You're not a baking soda, you're a sugar creamer! You need to bake using wood to get the parchment off of trees... Owwwwwww, my head! You're a satchel of sad! Leave the materials and get a doctor or something, please. And just lead the doctor, don't...my head! GAH! B...B...Bonbon...Bon Bon's Bonbons..."

It was then that Bonnie started to stir. She wasn't making any sense though! Lyra was used to silliness, but not quite on this level. It was kind of sad to see and just made Lyra's glare intensify as she stared the pegasus mare down.

"Now poor Bonnie's gone all silly! What do you have to say for yourself?" the unicorn demanded, shaking her hoof.

2sb9yxc.jpg

"It happened because you're a big careless stupid!"

"You're a satchel of sad! Leave the materials and get a doctor or something, please. And just lead the doctor, don't...my head!"

"Now poor Bonnie's gone all silly! What do you have to say for yourself?"

“I’m… I-I’m.....” Depry Hooves was at a loss for words. No matter how much misfortune and ill news always seemed to unexplainably originate from the googly-eyed pegasus, no one really had really bothered to get themselves furious over it. Maybe they’d get annoyed maybe, but everypony at the end of the day had always shrugged their shoulders and move on like nothing ever happened. But as Derpy saw the utter hopelessness of Bon Bon and the restrained wrath of Lyra, the young mare’s mind finally started to come to the conclusion that yes, somehow she caused all this pain and devastation; nope, sunshine and rainbows won’t be able to fix any of this. Realizing this made the mare droop her ears down in remorse.

But just as Miss Hooves was just about to admit wrongdoing and sulk away in guilt, a lightbulb went off in her head. Bon Bon asked for a doctor to help her; specially, to have Derpy find one. That meant the earth pony wasn’t ready to cast the gray-coated mare away just yet! There was a chance for redemption and to set things right!!! “I can get a doctor!” Derpy cheerfully cried out, galloping away in excitement; “I’ll be back in a jiffy!” Now then, all that remained was to well… find a doctor. Too bad Bon Bon didn’t give a preference as to which doctor she wanted.....

hyicbXI.png

Sure Care had spaced out for a bit but he certainly didn't think that what had actually happened would have ACTUALLY happened. When he came back to he realized he had been pushed by the mare that was about to sell him some bon bons. And how...her cart was crushed and she seemed hurt..and the candies were crushed as well. Care could see the remains of the used to be delicious treats as they lay plastered on the ground under the rubble. And as well as all over Bon Bon.

Care was speechless. Mainly because the mare responsible for the destruction was getting a talking to by the mare named Lyra. Lyra seemed rather upset. Her and Bon Bon must have been close friends. Or well..maybe she just felt bad. Basically the mare's own shop was destroyed. Unless she had another cart or something. Still repairing this would cost some bits and not to mention even more bits for all of the...lost profit.

So then the grey mare that was the wrecker zipped off to do..something.

The young stallion cleared his throat and shuffled his hooves awkwardly. "I..uh...would you like some help?" He shrugged. "I can help lift some things..or..-"

Suddenly there was a bright flash of light that blinded Care for a little bit. He flapped his wings and rubbed his eyes.

The flash came from a camera alright! The pony that snapped the picture was none other than...

fcwry5Q.png

The young foal had his camera slowly falling back down into a resting position after that good picture. He then quickly looked at the picture and smiled at it. What luck! He had been looking all over Ponyville for something interesting to happen and well..here it was!

The young foal raised his camera and zoomed the camera in on Bon Bon's face. He then snapped a good picture that caught the wrecked cart and Bon Bon's distraught face. Shady then took a step back and zoomed the camera out. He focused it as he got Lyra into the frame as well and then he snapped another good photo.

He lowered his camera and then moved in closer to the wrecked cart. He stood practically right next to the older ponies and said nothing. He simply stared in awe. He then brought his camera up again and smiled. "This will make for the best story today!" He then followed that statement with a happy laugh and lowered his camera, checking for any new types of pictures to take.

Bon Bon wanted to do about four hundred different things to Derpy, and frankly she felt she had the time to ponder all of them in her wishy washy state of consciousness. The majority of them were incredibly illegal and morally wrong to boot, but there wasn't any law in existence which forbade her from imagining it. Oh, delicious and truthful imagination, flights of fancy flying further and faster than the fleetest of pegasi. How awesome would it be if instead of Derpy coming back witth a doctor, her cart became ponified? The cart would know how to fix the cart. The cart would know just what to do with the bonbons. The cart would know everything that Bon Bon needed to have done. Then Bon Bon could dress the cart up, and they'd be the best of friends and have all sorts of adventures. She'd love her cart, and her cart would love her. Lyra might be jealous but she'd work her way into the hearts of both of the chocolate ponies and they'd all live happily ever after.

And that's the way it'd be forever and ever until some pegasi destroyed Carty McCartpony.

UGGH! At least she had some help.

"Actually Care Package, I do have something you could help me with. Take- UGGH, my head feels like it's being hammered which it probably was- some bits and get some hot water and a bucket and a towel. Lyra-" She started rummaging through the wreck before fishing out a key, "take the key and open up the storage shed marked 'emergency'. After the toast salad pfftttt...." She shook her head as her eyes derped, "AFTER you've unlocked it, use our super special secret scroll code. There should be some emergency bonbons in a carrying tray. Might be enough to help- UGGH- for a while," She gave Lyra a poorly coordinated kiss on the base of the horn, nearly poking her eye out.

"Good luck," She should before shooing her mare off, stumbling a bit and falling right on her flank. She had concussions on top of concussions for DAYS all up there. What didn't help was the FLASH OF LIGHTNING THAT WAS A CAMERA!

"HEY! NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY! It doesn't catch my good side," Bom Bon looked around, spotting the culrpit after several seconds of searching.

"You. Hey you. You with the camera. Hey you. YOU. Uhh...you don't have my express written consent of major league hoofball to use any images or my likeness for your little paper!"

“I’m… I-I’m.....I can get a doctor! I’ll be back in a jiffy!”

Derpy, unsurprisingly, rather than answering for what she had done, turned and fled like a big ol' coward. At least she seemed to recognize her guilt, speeding off to get a doctor. Lyra just huffed as she rushed off. Seriously, that silly mare really did push it too far sometimes.

"Lyra- take the key and open up the storage shed marked 'emergency'. After the toast salad pfftttt....AFTER you've unlocked it, use our super special secret scroll code. There should be some emergency bonbons in a carrying tray. Might be enough to help- UGGH- for a while, Good luck,"

The unicorn gave a small smile as her disoriented fillyfriend placed a kiss on her horn and gave her some instructions. Lyra gave a firm nod and a salute.

"At once, my love!" she started stiffly before skipping in the direction from which she had come. "Just you wait. I'll be back quicker than something really quick!"

With that, Lyra sped off. She wanted to do her best by her Bonnie. She knew exactly where the emergency bonbons were--she had accidentally snuck into the storage shed and eaten them once before. She could still recall how Bonnie had scolded her for that! It was the kind of mistake, that as tasty as it was, only needed to be made once. Because of that, there were currently perfectly good bonbons waiting in that shed for them. She just needed to retrieve them!