Cantrip [Final]

TheCustodian

(Yes i am using the overdone orphan trope but with the creation of an orphanage and such I think it will be ok in the end.)

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Cantrip

Sex:Female

Species:Unicorn

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Tends to keep her mane in a ponytail and... Well just look at the picture

Physique:A little bit taller than most fillies her age, otherwise nothing really stands out.

Cutie Mark: None

Origin/Residence: Ponyville Orphanage

Motivation: To find her mother wherever she may be

Likes: getting what she wants, learning magic, anything 'cool', books

Dislikes: Getting in trouble, ponies trying to adopt her, most cots and fillies the get in her way

Personality: To most ponies Cantrip is quite the brat, mean, arrogant, and nasty in many ways she puts up this facade to try and discourage others from adopting her and for the most part it has worked. Other than that she rarely takes no for an answer and is willing to do whatever is necessary to get what she wants.

Backstory: The story of Cantrip begins in the bustling city of Canterlot. There her parents once lived, her mother and father living a quiet but difficult life where every month was a challenge just to pay the bills. Eventually the two had a falling out and split up, Cantrip’s mother moving out of Canterlot only to soon learn that she was pregnant. Unable to support both a foal and herself she made the difficult dicision of placing abandoning the foal on the doorstep of an orphanage in the hopes that somepony else could give her daughter the life she knew she couldn’t. The only evidence Cantrip would ever have of her mothers existence is a picture of the two taken soon after she was born.

As the years passed Cantrip would grow to be a strong and healthy filly, for awhile she was like many of the other foals at the orphanage (if a bit of an egghead) but she never stopped dreaming about finding her mother. Whenever ponies would visit in the hopes of adopting Cantrip would make sure she was as mean and nasty as possible to discourage any attention she might receive; Cantrip believed her mother would one day return for her... That day has yet to come and growing frustrated as time went on the filly eventually decided to make her bid at freedom by running away during a field trip to Canterlot to search for her mother.

Her freedom did not last long. Eventually concerned adults would turn her into authorities and she would be sent to another orphanage. Not that it stopped her. Again and again Cantrip would run away only to be sent back to the same or a different orphanage. It has been 2 years now since her first run away, and after being apprehended not too far outside Ponyville Cantrip was sent to the local orphanage; to the filly though this is only a minor setback. Given a couple weeks or months she knows she will eventually succeed in running away again, nothing would stop her from finding her mother... Nothing.

Pic:

Stargale-3.jpg

To begin with, it needs to be said that TheCustodian did discuss this character with me and I as the creator of an orphanage in Equestria DO openly endorse the orphanage's connect to this app.

With that being said, I will now put my 'RP Helper' hat on to analyze this app.

Every required field is filled, except for the 'Name;" field (which I think is just an oversight, not a big problem). Although Cantrip's backstory is very sad, it is believable. Equestria, though a very happy and cheery world, is not a perfect world.

This app is very well written, and aside from the 'Name:' being left blank, I think this app is ready for further RP Helper evaluation.

Oops! Forgot that.

As for the sad part it wasnt as bad when I created her elsewhere. Mostly because she had a family ready to accept her (complete with original mother) and the only bad thing was a much higher chance of bullying. Here things are much more uncertain for the filly.... Thx for the words though Mojo ^^