a labyrinth for ponies OOC Discussion

shyshy

okie doke. this is for my first RP ever so im brand new to this.

plot: several ponies awake from a slumber that none of them have any recollection of and are trapped in a labyrinth and must perform various tasks to escape. along the way, they will:

• face dangerous obstacles
  • learn the virtues of trust and friendship
  • make some friends
  • make some enemies
  • and all your good adventure story stuff
  • learn the truth behind why they were entered into this labyrinth as well as the dark truth of the outside world.

*Character Apps:

Name:

Race:

*Background Story:

*please place an app before entering the rp/story. OC's only.

**what was the last thing your character could remember doing before waking up in the labyrinth?

[colour=#ff0000]any questions? concerns? am i not doin it right? [/colour]

-----------------------------------------

My Character App:

Name: DustPyre

Race: Earth Pony

Occupation: Travelling Candle and incense sales-pony (entrepreneur/merchant)

Background Story: the last thing DustPyre remembers before waking up inside the octagonal room of the labyrinth was: he was setting up his cart/shop in hoofington town square.

My (Slightly more detailed) App

[colour=#282828]Name: Starbuster[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Age: Late Teens Early Adulthood[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Mare/Female[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race: Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Occupation: Wandering adventurer, Survivalist and herb collector.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Background Story: [/colour][colour=#333333]Starbuster was born and raised in the coldest mountains in Equestria. Early in her life, she found she had a great affiliation for stars and magic was drawn to her, despite having no connection to it, being a pegasi. She loves making new friends, and is very friendly most of the time. She loves magic and is fascinated with it, however she cannot use it, being a pegasi. She has very strong wings from flying in the snow all the time, and can lift an entire pony off of the ground. She has a signature trail of light when she flies fast. When she left the snowy lands, she found some herbs that helped her along the way, courtesy of the medicine mare in her village, and she's collected herbs ever since. She loves the night time and some say she rarely sleeps, but she loves having a good time. The last thing Starbuster could remember before waking up in the labrynth was that she was t[/colour][colour=#282828]aking a nap on a cloud above her favorite park in Ponyville after talking to Fluttershy about herbs she could use to treat a sick bird she was caring for.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]My Pony App[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Name: Flash Freeze[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Age: Early adult[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Gender: Stallion/Male[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Race: Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Occupation: Doctor, Has official medical training[/colour]

More detailed background:

[colour=#333333]Flash Frost likes to be off on his own most of the time, but enjoys the company of others if they want to stick around with him. The warmth of the sun makes him a bit uncomfortable, but he thinks he will grow accustomed to it very quickly. The last thing he remembers, before finding himself in the labyrinth, is trying to find a nice place to sleep.[/colour]

Edited by FlashFreeze

[colour=#333333]My Pony App[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Name: Flash Freeze[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Age: Early adult[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Gender: Stallion/Male[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Race: Pegusus[/colour]

[colour=#333333]Occupation: Wanderer, will do any odd jobs Anypony have for him[/colour]

More detailed background:

[colour=#333333]Flash Frost is a mysterious Pegasus. He seemingly came out of nowhere, but the truth is, he was born and raised in the coldest part of Equestria. His sudden appearance caused a lot of questions about that region, since it is pretty much uninhabitable. Flash Frost likes to be off on his own most of the time, but enjoys the company of others if they want to stick around with him. He likes to try new things, which is why he found his way to Ponyville. The warmth of the sun makes him a bit uncomfortable, but he thinks he will grow accustomed to it very quickly. He has yet to say how he got his Cutie Mark. He also enjoys doing odd jobs, random jobs to help anypony he can out, to be better accepted into society. The last thing he remembers, is trying to find a nice place to sleep.[/colour]

this seems a little too much like StarBuster. maybe try fixing this up a bit?

• 2 weeks later...

Name: MorningDawn

Race: Pegasus

Occupation: Coal Miner ( no it has nothing to do with how i got in, well sorta)

*Background Story: MorningDawn is hired to be a coal miner, just like his father. He needed the money so he agreed. He did his job fine, then his father told him that he would be tested tomorrow for a promotion. He was getting ready for his big day, but when he fell asleep he woke up with a gasp. His life would depend on tomorrow, if he did not do his job well enough. He could get demoted, or worse! Fired!

He asked his father for another day, his father agreed. MorningDawn decided that, the day before his test, he would relax. All of his friends disliked him, so he sat on a bench all alone. He looked up seeing a small colt sitting in front of him, " What is the matter? Are you sad?" He responded with a yes. This small colt soon became his friend, the next day would be a calm one. He fell asleep, the next morning he woke up. In the afternoon, he was fired from his job. It seemed impossible. He did not know much on coal miner's saftey, or anything like that. He looked up into the sky which was down pouring on him.

Name: MorningDawn

Race: Pegasus

Occupation: Coal Miner ( no it has nothing to do with how i got in, well sorta)

*Background Story: MorningDawn is hired to be a coal miner, just like his father. He needed the money so he agreed. He did his job fine, then his father told him that he would be tested tomarrow for a promotion. He was getting ready for his big day, but when he fell asleep he woke up with a gasp. He was in a small chamber, not like his bedchamber at home. It seemed as if he would be in here forever.......

sorry to inform you that we are not currently accepting applications, we have no need for another character like we had anticipated. my sincerest apologies.

Just because we're not accepting applications, doesn't mean that anyone looking to apply cannot. Perhaps we will find a place to fit a pony in. pm either me or shyshy if you're interested in it as well. :)

so wait... no more aps? If not I would be happy to join in!

i would suggest you read through atleast the last 2 pages and THEN post an app. i will consult the others in the RP and we will decide it that way. so, by all means, post one if you wanna join in

i would suggest you read through atleast the last 2 pages and THEN post an app. i will consult the others in the RP and we will decide it that way. so, by all means, post one if you wanna join in

so wait... no more aps? If not I would be happy to join in!

Apply! We may be able to fit certain ponies into certain roles. So feel free to apply, and we WILL PM you as soon as we feel we can use your character. :)

Duuuuusssskkk!! You need to join in because I am!! Ahaha :3

My Character App:

(So.. In case you don't pick up on it.. She's a gypsy)

Name: Licorice Black

Looks:

post-4257-0-12550600-1347007083_thumb.pn

Race: Earth Pony (but she wishes she was a unicorn because she loves magic)

Occupation: Traveling fortune teller/hoof reader/potion salespony

Background Story: "Wealth, love and health! COME ONE, COME ALL! Your future depends on your actions today.. IT'S FUN FOR BIG, AND IT'S FUN FOR SMALL! It's all up to you! So what are YOU, going to do?! Black family fortunes." Licorice knew the flier well. She couldn't STAND her family's business. At least, not the way that they went about doing it. She had always been deeply interested in everything her parents were leading others to believe that they could do for them, but knowing that it was all a hoax, a LIE.. Just for the sake of bits.. Really hurt her heart. The books which her parents had displayed in the caravan in order to make their guesstimates about customer's futures and their card trolling seem as believable as possible were legitimate books on the topics. Licorice studied and studied, teaching herself how to do what her parents SO failed at in a rage of pure passion. Eventually, ponies would request for her to do their predictions. She would never do it for bits, no matter how much her parents had begged her to. She still disagreed with their little family business, because of all of her mother and father's fakeness through it. They'd only make other ponies believe that what they were saying was accurate; neither Licorice's mother or father actually believed in the stuff themselves.

(Nevermind, I didn't know that it had been destroyed!! xD)

Last thing she remembers before the labyrinth: She had scored a date with a beautiful white mare, which was supposed to happen the very next day.. But when she went to sleep that night.. She didn't wake up in her bed. She had no idea where she was at all, actually. Licorice's assumption is that her mum accidentally did something, trying to pretend to be magical. That kind of magic is a dangerous thing to play with, and it annoys her that her parents refuse to understand that.