The Power of Music

Trombone2525

Alright, this is my first RP setup. I'm not sure how this will go, but we'll see. Haha, here we go!

[colour=#000000]Y[/colour][colour=#000000]ou are walking down a street in Canterlot when you see a green pegasus stallion with a short brown mane standing on a street corner, playing trombone. His case is open, but it is beside him, not in front. There are a few bits in the case, but he seems to pay no mind to them. His eyes are closed, his entire attention on his music. He is currently playing a slow, lyrical piece that you find frustratingly familiar.[/colour]

Edited by Trombone2525

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#D3D3D3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] walked along the street until she reached a corner, stopping as soon as she heard a slow, lyrical piece. She was a bit shocked at first because it sounded so familiar, so she followed the musical piece she heard until she saw a Pegasus Stallion, and she walked over to his case, putting twenty bits inside the case and gently smiling at him with a blush.~ [/colour][colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]G-Good job, sir...[/colour][colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour]

Forte finished playing as the mare came up to him, and he nodded politely at her.

[colour=#008000]"Well good day ma'am. And thank you. Always a pleasure to entertain a lovely mare such as yourself."[/colour]

[colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]O-Oh! You're too kind.[/colour][colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] just kept smiling gently at him, before she asked him a question as he peaked her curiousity.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]Uhm, sir, what is your name?[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour]

[colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] said the name in her head a couple of times to remember, then she flapped her wings a bit.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]Oh! Uhm, my name is WhiteFeather... N-Nice to meet you, Forte.[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour]

[colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#ffa07a] flapped her wings lightly, trying to remember why she'd came up to him before. Then she paused and had a sudden, but weak outburst, shouting "Oh!" in a sort of squeaky way and blinking at him.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]The music you were playing... It sounded familiar.[/colour][colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour]

He looked at you surprised.

[colour=#008000]"Oh, really? Hm.. Well, its a very old piece, dating back before Celestia's rule. I found it shoved away in the Canterlot music library. I'm surprised you recognise it."[/colour]

[colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]Well, I've been around for uhm, some time....[/colour][colour=#ffa07a]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#ffa07a] looked at the ground and brushed her hoof on it. "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]I feel old, now...[/colour][colour=#ffa07a]"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Oh hush. How old could a pretty filly like you be?"[/colour]

[colour=#D3D3D3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] blushed and shied away from him, slowly letting her mane fall into her face.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]T-Thanks, Forte...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] said, looking at the ground and slowly blinking up at him while running her hoof across the cement.~[/colour]

[colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]O-Oh, well, I-I've never been on a date before... People say I'm... A-a bit too shy... But ok, F-Forte...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] blushed heavily while saying this.~[/colour]

Forte couldnt believe it. Not only that nopony had gone on a date with her, but that she had said yes. And he found her shyness somewhat endearing. He reached into his case and pulled out a slip of paper.

[colour=#008000]"This is a front row ticket for the Canterlot Brass Band's concert tonight. I'll see you there, okay?"[/colour]

[colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]O-Ok, bye Forte...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] pulled him into a tight hug blushing, took the ticket, and ran away like she was running for dear life.~[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"The Canterlot Brass Band..... Eh?" [/colour]A familiar voice said to Forte, as a (Somewhat) friendly face appeared walking toward the street corner. It was Saxon, another pony who plays a violin on street corners,. His black mane shined slightly in the reflection of the sun.

[colour=#ff0000]"I hope you are good with the shy ones..... She most definitely classes as one of them...." [/colour]He mentions, as he stands next to Forte.

Forte stared after White Feather, a smile on his face. He jumped slightly when Saxton came up to him. Saxton and Forte had been musical rivals since they were foals, but Forte was always the one ahead. Forte hadent seen Saxton for about a year now, since they had both tried out for the Canterlot Royal Orchestra. Neither of them had made it into the band, but Forte had made it through to the second round of auditions, whereas Saxton had been denied after his first audition.

[colour=#008000]"What?"[/colour] Forte looked slightly confused, then his face hardened subtly when he saw the violinist. [colour=#008000]"Hey Saxton. Havent seen you in a while. Where you been? Oh, her? Yeah..." [/colour]He stares of in the direction she went for a moment, then looks back. [colour=#008000]"She's a catch. There's something about her... Oh well. So what have you been up to?"[/colour]

(Saxon. not SaxTon xD )

[colour=#FF0000]"Something about her eh?" [/colour]looked at her as she ran into the distance. [colour=#FF0000]"As to why I am here? Well... I knew I would find you on a dusty street corner" [/colour]Saxon smirked.[colour=#ff0000]"Regardless, Your skill is still admirable" [/colour] Saxon looks up into the sky [colour=#ff0000]"So how did you do it?".[/colour]