The Power of Music

Trombone2525

[colour=#008000]"Dammit Saxon, why?! Why do you always attempt to ruin things for me?"[/colour]

Forte stared after Saxon, but let him leave. He had roughly half an hour before it was time for him to go back on. He ran outside and found White Feather crying on a bench. He flew over to her and sat next to her.

[colour=#008000]"White Feather? What did he say to you?"[/colour]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

//WhiteFeather stared at him as tears ran down her face.~ "Y-You lied I t-thought you were a-a good pony...Y-You abandoned S-Saxon and... a-and..." //WhiteFeather tucked her face inside her hooves and curled up.~

Forte looked stunned. Saxon had always tried to sabatage good things that happened to Forte. At least, he did before they started playing together. Why was he doing it again now?

[colour=#008000]"White Feather... No, I didnt abandon Saxon. We were in the same boat, until he left."[/colour]

Forte then began to explain everything, starting with his and Saxon's rivalry since they were foals. He explained how they were always trying to one up eachother, and how Forte was always the one to come out on top, musically. Socially, though, Forte was always a little awkward. Saxon, however, was always the one the fillies flocked to. And Saxon always tried to flaunt this advantage over Forte, who was better than Saxon in most other ways. And whenever Forte did find a filly who was interested, Saxon tried to sabatoge it. At least, he did, until they both graduated from the Canterlot School of Music. Then they were in the same boat. They were unknown musicians, trying to find a place to preform. So they both took to preforming on the streets. First they were seperate, but when Forte started to make some money and bought a cheap apartment, he extended an olive branch. At first, Saxon's pride wouldnt let him move in with Forte, but eventually, hunger over-rode his pride and Saxon accepted his offer. Forte didnt let him live there for free, though. He made Saxon earn his housing, mostly through helping around, helping to clean and cook. And in return, Forte gave him a home, and food. Although, the food wasnt the best, and Saxon did tend to get the worse parts... Then, when they decided to start to play together, they shared the money. They both ate well, and they were even happy, for the most part. Then, one day, Forte messed up. He was so caught up in playing and getting better, that he didnt pay the rent for the apartment. Forte and Saxon were both evicted, and they spent the next week on park benches. They had enough money for food, but their deteriorating apperances due to lack of showering soon led them to hunger again. So, out of desparation, Saxon sold their instruments. Forte was furious, and they fought. Saxon left, and Forte continued his life up till that point.

[colour=#008000]"I admit, I have made mistakes. A lot of them, actually. And yeah, I could have treated him better, but I guess it was nice to be in power, after all the times he took from me. But I always tried to make sure that both me and him were taken care of. I hope you can see that..."[/colour]

He looked at her for a moment. She had stopped crying, but her face was still buried in her hooves. After she didnt respond for a bit, he sighed, walked up to her, kissed her cheek, and started to walk back towards the concert hall, his head down, his wings drooping.

[colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] blushed furiously as Forte kissed her cheek, slowly removing her face from her hooves as she got up, quickly running over to him and giving him a hug.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]I-I believe you, Forte...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour]

Forte looked at it, confused.

[colour=#008000]"THis... This is his first violin... The one he had before he left, the one he sold... How did he..."[/colour]

Forte looked out into the street, but didnt see anything.

[colour=#008000]"Come on, I've got a concert to finish."[/colour]

He lead you back inside, watching the door the whole time.

The concert continued as normal. But after the last song was played, instead of begining to pack up, Forte stayed at the microphone.

[colour=#008000]"Today, I gained back, then lost, a good friend. This next song is for him."[/colour]

The rest of the band looked startled, unsure as to what was happening. Forte started to play, a slow lyrical piece, that sounded frustratingly familiar...

With Forte's solo playing, the rest of the band leave stage.

​You hear a strikingly presumptuous violin playing in-sync with Forte's Trombone from behind the stage, It was a sound that hadn't been heard for years.... It was a tune thought lost in time.

It turns out to be Saxon, with a new Violin in hand. Just like old times, he walks out on stage as the crowd reels back in awe. This isnt part of the brass band, but people surely wanted to hear it.

• 2 weeks later...