The Power of Music

Trombone2525

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#ff0000]"Well. A little of this, and a little of that, Music is still my passion though, and I am sure my Violin skills are far above the average for the Canterlot Royal Orchestra now..."[/colour] He mentions as he reaches into his bag with one hoof, and pulls out a ticket to the Canterlot Brass Band [colour=#ff0000]"Seems like I am going to have the ability to truly evaluate how much you have improved over the last year then... You know it is a shame. I remember them times that we played same symphonies together, It really was a nice tunes that we were able to make... "[/colour] And it was. When Saxon and Forte were struggling on the street for money. They where able to put their differences aside to play in-sync together, the combined effort between them was incredible, despite the fact that Forte was a better musician.

When playing musical tunes together, their rivalry truly brought the best out of each other... People walking by could feel the emotion and passion of the two of them in their combined devotion and dedication of the trombone and violin. If they were given the opportunity to play together when they tried out for the Canterlot Royal Orchestra, they both would of definitely been invited to join. Sadly though, that wasn't the case. and they sadly, both failed to join. [colour=#ff0000]"Don't you remember?"[/colour]

Forte looked at Saxon, those moments suddenly brought back. He hadnt thought of those times since Saxon left. Forte and Saxon almost decided to go on the road with their duets, but then, that one night, after the auditions... Forte and Saxon were sitting on a park bench. It was night. Luna had just raised the moon. It was full that night. Forte liked when Luna filled the moon. It gave everything an ethereal quality. They were discussing the possibility of going on the road when... Forte shuddered and looked down, repulsed by the memory of what Saxon had done that night.

[colour=#ff0000]"You dont remember? I was the Ying to your Yang. The Heads to your tails" [/colour]Saxon Smiled [colour=#ff0000]"No doubt you are thinking of the time.... I sold your trombone?......" [/colour]Saxon looks down to the ground too, In disappointment of himself. He quickly changes the subject [colour=#ff0000]"But now, you have this date with this girl, a new sparkling Trombone, and a place in The Canterlot Brass Band...."[/colour]

Forte looked up at him, rage in his eyes. [colour=#008000]"You think that I can let that go that easily? You know what that instrument ment to me. That was my first trombone. It was the one I was playing when.. When the changelings took my parents... It was the instrument I played when I got my cutie mark. That instrument meant the world to me!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"I was starving.... you don't think I didn't sell my Violin too?..." [/colour][colour=#000000]As he looks down at Forte[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "You don't understand.... I needed to escape... I needed to start anew, I needed to go to another place.... I ended up in Las Pegasus... With barely enough money to pay the rent.... You always had a house to go to...... I didn't....."[/colour]

Forte stared at him angrily, then seemed to calm down for a moment. [colour=#008000]"Yeah... You're right.. You always did seem to get the short end of the stick... Well, I have a concert to get ready for.. I guess I'll see you there?" [/colour]Forte still sounded somewhat uneasy.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yes. I guess you will." [/colour]he puts away the ticket and trots off into the distance.[colour=#ff0000]"Oh. and Forte? I believe This belongs to you" [/colour]He says, while dropping a small piece of an old trombone. It looked incredibly familiar...

Forte's mouth dropped as he realised what it was... It was the mouthpiece from his first horn... He looked towards where Saxon trotted off, then picks it up and packs up his horn. He had preperations to make. And changes to a concert to prepare...

It is later that evening, and Saxon comes and sits down in the first row. A moment later, the pegasus mare that he recognizes as the mare he saw with Forte sits next to him.

[colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] slowly trotted to the first row, she decided to let her hair down though it was incredibly long. Her brown eyes had slight excitement in them as she sat next to Forte, blushing but hugging him smiling lightly.~ "[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]H-Hello, Forte...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour]

[colour=#FFA07A]( . o . I was confused, sorry.

:oops:) [/colour][colour=#FFA07A] [/colour]

[colour=#D3D3D3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] trotted toward Saxon, sitting near him as she pushed her mane out of her face. Then she looked around, her ears perked as she slowly put them down and shrunk into her seat, feeling small because of everypony sitting around her.~[/colour]

[colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]O-Oh, really...?[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] shakily extended her hoof, shaking the colts hoof and giving him a small smile.~[/colour]

[colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]H-Huh...? What did he d-do...?[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]" [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]//WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] was a bit worried, shifting her hooves from side to side.~[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh? He didn't tell you?......."[/colour] he replies in a shocked demeanor. [colour=#ff0000]"Well, we were great musicians, and I was homeless at the time... He had a nice comfortable house... I was starving and needed food.... He didn't offer to help me or anything..." [/colour]changes his tone, as a small tear drops down from his right eye. [colour=#ff0000]"It's uh,.. hard to talk about..."[/colour]

It was at that moment that the band began to file onto the stage. Forte, much to Saxon and White Feather's surprise, did not sit with the rest of the trombones. Instead, he walked up to the front of the stage and set up a microphone, then set his trombone on a stand next to him. The director then came up and addressed the audience.

[colour=#0000FF]"Good evening Canterlot! This is a very special show for the Canterlot Brass Band. This concert will be all about showcasing our best new trombonist, Forte!"[/colour]

He moved off to the side, and Forte, with the band playing under him, began an uptempo march, perfectly styled and articulated.

[colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]O-Oh, I'm so sorry, then....I-I didn't think Forte would do something like that...[/colour][colour=#FFA07A]"[/colour][colour=#d3d3d3] //WhiteFeather[/colour][colour=#FFA07A] teared up, being extremely sensitive and emotional she could easily cry, then she gave Saxon a tight hug.~[/colour]

[colour=#D3D3D3]//WhiteFeather[/colour] [colour=#FFA07A]just hugged him, putting her ears down against her mane as she cried heavily, not being able to stay because she'd just been lied to by Forte, she let her mane fall into her face quickly galloping out of the event, laying on a bench not too far away trying to wipe her eyes.~[/colour]

Forte finishes his song, then looks into the audience, looking for White Feather. He saw Saxons sly smile, and an old hate fired up again. What had he done this time? Forte introduced the next song, a suite by the rest of the band, and walked off stage. A few moments later, an usher came up to Saxon and asked him to step out for a moment. Saxon was lead to a back room, and Forte was there, staring angrily.

"Saxon, what did you do?!"

[colour=#ff0000]"I have nothing more to say to you, Your damsel in distress is outside waiting for you, and I suggest you explain to her what you did." [/colour]Saxon walks past Forte and out of the door. promptly leaving the event.