Tdroid's Art Thread - Amateur Drawings

Tdroid

So, taking a quick sweep of this forum I see that Art Threads seem to be popular and seeing as I see no reason to not try to fit in. So this is where I will post most of my art, unless I give up on it for some reason. For now I will only include the latest of my drawings, seeing as the earlier ones are, quite frankly, pretty bad.

My latest drawings are collected here. The rest can be found in the other arts of the gallery, but I do not recomend taking a look unless you want to comment on my improvement since I started to draw about 6 months ago :)

Most of these are made with references, which can be found at their deviantART page.

Please let me know what you think :)

Edit: Drawings didn't show up so please take a look in the linked gallery. Sorry about that.

Edit 2: New drawing at #8

Edit 3: New drawing at #11

Edit 4: New drawing at #12

Edited by Tdroid

You've only convinced me that your a better artist than I thought! I laughed at the Equestria Club picture! :lol:

Oh well, what can you do? Cannot apply my opinion of my former works to your mind. Glad you have at least some of the same humor as I have though :D

• 1 month later...

Reminds me of the first time I used my tablet. It was like drawing with a chunk of butter on... well, butter! pervyfacederpy2plz.jpg?1

I see a lot of you in myself when it comes to what you've drawn so far. I just wish I saved my earlier pencil doodles just so I could compare how far I've gone myself.

Keep drawing Droid! :)

P.S. What tablet and program are you using? We may be able to help you adjust to your new medium.

Reminds me of the first time I used my tablet. It was like drawing with a chunk of butter on... well, butter! pervyfacederpy2plz.jpg?1

I see a lot of you in myself when it comes to what you've drawn so far. I just wish I saved my earlier pencil doodles just so I could compare how far I've gone myself.

Keep drawing Droid! :)

P.S. What tablet and program are you using? We may be able to help you adjust to your new medium.

I am using a Bamboo tablet and I use the program that came with it(wel, one of them programs that came with it) called Sumo Paint. It seems to have most features I would consider basic, like layers, but I am unsure of how well equipped it is compared to Photoshop.

I am using a Bamboo tablet and I use the program that came with it(wel, one of them programs that came with it) called Sumo Paint. It seems to have most features I would consider basic, like layers, but I am unsure of how well equipped it is compared to Photoshop.

Hm, it seems you have a different tablet than me, although it's still apart of the bamboo series. Do you know the exact name of it, such as Bamboo Splash or Bamboo Capture? I suggest going with other 3rd party programs for drawing since the ones that come the tablet are...well...kinda sucky.

Hm, it seems you have a different tablet than me, although it's still apart of the bamboo series. Do you know the exact name of it, such as Bamboo Splash or Bamboo Capture? I suggest going with other 3rd party programs for drawing since the ones that come the tablet are...well...kinda sucky.

The box says it is called Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch.

Ah okay, I'm not familiar with that one, I think it's white (although I have seen black models) and it has some hardware buttons to the side I believe. Well it just takes some getting used to. I suggest starting out with a program your dead-set on using for a long period of time (For me it's Painttool SAI) and learning the ropes your program along side the tablet. Its a bit different from regular drawing since you have to visualize where a part o the monitor is on the tablet, but it should come to you with time.

I was thinking of setting up a few drawing sessions via OpenCanvas sometime soon (Me and another user on Canterlot had one, but we have yet to meet up again) so maybe being with more experienced artist will give you an idea of how it could be done.

I have a feeling you have the CTH-460 model, you can find the exact model on the underside of your tablet if you want to verify. Mine's a CTL-460, so our tablets are quite similar if I'm correct trixieishappyplz.jpg?1

As Lovin has said, the starter programs that come with the tablet are generally fodder and I myself support SAI as well. It's a great program to start out drawing with since it seems more oriented towards that. It's also has Photoshop Esque elements, but it's less clunky and isn't filled to the brim with filters and brushes you'll most likely not use. Another great utility that I'm sure you'll love is the built in stabilizer. It'll help you draw smooth, consistent lines that's otherwise difficult. I first started out with a high number (13) but have since worked my way down to three and hope to draw without the assistance of the stabilizer in the future.

An alternative to SAI, besides Photoshop, is MyPaint and Gimp. Unfortunately I can't really help you out with either of these programs due to the fact that I don't have much experience with them. I'd highly recommend getting SAI, but any other program will be much better than the default which comes with the tablet.