Starbuster [Ready]

Starbuster

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Starbuster

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Teal

Coat colour: Indigo

Mane/Tail/Markings Colour & Style: Two Tone Dark Blue and Dark purple. Her mane and tail are both medium length.

Physique: Starbuster is a lean, muscular pony, built up after years of flying in snow and cold weather, her wings are naturally thicker in muscle, as is her body.

Cutie Mark: Five stars surrounding a central star, the central star having an upside down star underneath it.

Origin/Residence: Starbuster isn't aware of where she was born. She was adopted by her "Parents" who were travelling through Stalliongrad, who were northbound for a new place to live. When she was told she was adopted, she left home to go and find her real parents. With the stars to guide her, she found Stalliongrad, but unfortunately, never found who her real parents were. She flew south from there, disheartened by not finding her parents, and eventually came across Cloudsdale. Her talent for using the stars for direction made her an excellent map maker and coordinator when the pegasi needed to manage the weather in faraway places. She goes back to visit her adoptive parents every so often. She now lives in Cloudsdale, helping ponies with her uncanny knack for direction during the night hours.

Motivation: Starbuster hopes to one day find who her real parents are. When she is feeling low, she thinks in her mind that her real parents are out there trying just as hard to find her as she is to find them. Knowing how it feels to be lost and alone, when she sees a pony struggling to find their way, Star is the first to lend a helping hoof.

Likes: Nighttime, Stars, Flying, Friends, Helping ponies find their way somewhere, leading ponies, travelling, herbs.

Dislikes: Being made fun of, Public Embarrassment, comments on her parentage, ponies picking on other ponies.

Cutie Mark Story: Starbuster got her cutie mark when she was out for a walk one day. She got lost and it got to be night time very fast. During the night time, she walked around aimlessly, not knowing where she was going, and found herself going in circles. When she felt like she had lost all hope, she lay down and looked at the sky, thinking she was destined to be lost forever. A star, shining in the distance, told her otherwise. She felt inclined to follow this star, and the star led her back home. Since then, she travels at night time, and the stars show her the way to her destination.

Character Summary: Starbuster spent her early life on the southern border of the badlands, so she grew up around danger and dragons. Her parents homeschooled her and taught her things about living in the wild, such as various herbs that could be used to treat a variety of things, and that no matter what, the truth will come out, whether you make the most of it or not is up to you. Her cutie mark signifies this to her. Five stars outlining a central star, on top of another upside down star, the star on top signifying the truth, the star below signifying that the truth outshines everything else. During the day she feels weaker and more tired, and during the night she feels rejuvenated and alive, due to her nocturnal tendencies and internal clock, So she enjoys the nighttime more than the daytime. She has a great deal of respect for the nighttime, and loves the beauty of the stars and the moon flying high above Equestria. When she flies, the trail of clouds she leaves reflects starlight, and she uses this specialty of hers to guide travelers and lost ponies back home throughout the night. Her flaws are that she is somewhat suspicious of ponies that try to make friends with her out of the blue, because her adoptive parents lied to her about her parentage, making her somewhat distrusting at first. However, she's trying to overcome this by being a happy pony most of the time, with a quick sense of humor and a flirty, outgoing attitude. She's quite easily distracted and she can be clumsy sometimes. She gets the feeling she'll find her parents some day, she just hopes that it'll be soon.

post-5443-0-93391300-1350778203_thumb.pn

post-5443-0-37265000-1351239112_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Before this App can get stamped you need to per say do a little working out of the app.

Firstly you missed the occupation area, secondly you might want to rethink your characters story as I am not sure that it is up to Mane RP levels.

An SRPH member looked at the app and said while the story doesn't stop the app from getting stamped he would sure like to see a slightly different take on it.

If you need any help simply post here and I will get the response and do the best I can to assist you.

alrighty, so i fixed the occupation thing. (Even though i had it literally right before where it belonged. XD) must have been a moving around problem that deleted where the occupation went. but i would like some help on changing the story up a bit.

Well the only concern that the SRPH staff has is that the pony seems to be selfish and:

"[colour=#282828] I know it's a common trope for adopted individuals to want to seek out their birth parents, but still... this strikes me as kind of too much. From what the app describes, these adopted parents elected to take the pony in, personally raised her, educated her, taught her survival skills and helped shape her world view. She finds out they're not her real parents and she turns on them completely, runs away and lets the whole issue become this ugly chip on her shoulder." - SRPH[/colour]

Hi! I like this character. You've put a lot of thought into her, and I think she is an interesting character by design. We have a surplus of parentless ponies in Mane RP, but you have developed your idea in an eloquent, believable, and interesting way. I would stamp this right now, but I have one teensy issue that will need fixing:

She has a great deal of respect for the princess of the night, who provides her with the stars that she loves so much.

We don't allow mention of cast characters in other applications without permission, even if the reference is vague. I know this may seem harmless enough, but for the sake of consistency and respect for Luna's player, I would rather you change this part of your application to something else. Please reply when this is done, and I will happily provide this character with a stamp! :)