is the nintendo 3ds any good?

Dunno if this should go to technology or not... The 3ds is a gaming system so...

I could get one second-hand for a pittance of a price (like 100$), that is my price deadline for consoles and any ways the thing is basically new.

The 3d camera is any good? Games deserving consideration? (Minus Sports, and violent/crime simulation titles)

Yeah, I would say its pretty good. The 3d works well, but it can give some people headaches, and that is where the 3d slider comes in. If you have the money, its definitely worth it.

Some good games: [colour=#333333]Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Cave Story 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land [/colour]

• Like 1

The camera kind of sucks, but you can do 3D photos which is kind of fun (and actually is useful when I am trying to do stereoscopic stuff on regular cameras. Quick shot to set up the scene...). But I LOVE my 3DS otherwise.

I enjoy the novelty of the 3D features (and even better that you can turn it off) and that Face Raiders game they include on it is the best way to look like a fool in Public. I enjoy that I can watch Netflix on it, albeit in a not as clear manner as my phone. And I enjoy that if you turn on the wifi features you get little surprises in the way of streetpasses and new Pokedex entries (even though I don't care for Pokemon, but it entertains me that it's there)

I would not by any means call it a hardcore piece of gaming hardware, and downloading games and updates is slow as molasses, but I still love it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would say its pretty good. The 3d works well, but it can give some people headaches, and that is where the 3d slider comes in. If you have the money, its definitely worth it.

Some good games: [colour=#333333]Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Cave Story 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land [/colour]

You need to add Rhythm Thief and The Emperor's Treasure to that list.

Anyway, yes, I would say the 3DS is VERY worth it. :)