What Does Vinyl Produce?

FermataTheBasse

For all you electronica fans out there, what genre do you think our favorite PON3 produces in? House? Dubstep? DnB? More than one? Genre crossing? Classical music (I wouldn't be surprised if this is someone's head canon)? Just want to hear some thoughts.

I personally think she'd be able to do it all. I'm actually not a fan of imagining she makes a lot of dub though. Because I personally prefer the other genres, I guess.

I think she really, honestly produces the kind of music we've heard her playing on the show. She's a cute little unicorn, very perky and enthusiastic and that type of music kind of seems to go along with that. She really could just be completely unironically into kind of a twee electropop and easily digestible dance, and not dropping beats in an experimental or musically aggressive way. And that's OK. Equestria doesn't seem the land to me where pony folk are doing a job to pay the bills unless it's something they love.

She would also probably like Depeche Mode, but that's as dark as she'd go.

This one is always a tricky answer, since we have to consider the canon 'lack of electical music' insofar as the advanced stuff simply doesn't exist in a regular form and is therefore either made by Horn sound manipulation, or simply cannot be created period.

In the latter case, vinyl is probably likely to be more familiar with simple mixing since the equipment she's seen using clearly supports such a musical genre, along with some basic manipulation via fades, wobbles and scratches - making her style of music resemble a much more simple and 'pure' combo of popular 90's scratch R&B/Hip Hop styles and the stuff seen on Youtube, but just with more basic equipment.

However, fanon being what it is in way of a runaway freight train of chaos and imagination, she's always going to be seen as a mixmaster with the most supreme equipment, the best taste and talent in beat/rhythms, and the go-to leader of the DJ scene of Equestria...

At the end of the day, it's just down to what you'd rather prefer and what your own tastes might be...I tend to enjoy a good range of both, though! :P

I am not picturing Vinyl playing with an Optigan as a filly, and that's how she learned. THANKS ROBI. I think I might not ever be able to unthink this now.

(and yes, this is the guy who did the "Walk and Chew Gum" song from the Powerpuff Girls soundtrack if anyone actually watches this video and it sounds familiar)