[Ponyville] Flighty Confrontation (RP with Gerrard, Open-PM to Join)

FlameddragoAG

[colour=#008080]-Static Arc-[/colour]

Another day, another trip to Ponyville.

Static Arc found himself saying that too often. Too often was it that he flew through the cool air towards a safe spot in Ponyville's town square. Too often he would travel through the market place and get himself in a crazy predicament.

And he didn't mind at all. He liked a little change of pace from the norm. He couldn't help but like interacting with other ponies and hearing their stories, having something to do other than checking out wares for a few hours, and then head for home in Cloudsdale.

Static was starting to like meeting new ponies, but couldn't go beyond that. He couldn't get himself to befriend others, or ask a cute mare out. But today will be different. He will try to his hardest to make friends with the first creature he sees.

As Static landed down onto a clear area in the town square, he looked at his surroundings. A few ponies were hurrying about their day, either with somepony or with heavy saddlebags. A modest number of ponies were standing about, going about their buisness. A perfect chance to try a friendly chat.

Static then proceeded to close his eyes on the spot, and spun around in a circle, slowly so he didn't get dizzy. He was planning that the first creature he laid eyes on, he would try to talk to them and be their friend. And that was that.

Static spun for a few seconds, most likely getting a few odd looks, and stopped on the spot. He then shot his eyes wide open and landed them on the first po-

Woah, no way! I didn't know they came here!

Now, even though Static lives in Cloudsdale, the land of flying things, he never met a Griffin before, not even in school as a colt. He read about them in his history books, about living in a far off land away from Equestria, but he never knew they would come here, of all places!

Static Arc was looking at a a black coated Griffin, with silvery head feathers. He looked as tall as Static was, and it looked like he was working on something.

He was observing what looked like a set of blueprints while sitting down at one of Ponyville's many picnic tables. He looked hard at work as he scribbled down notes on top of the papers.

Static continued to stare in awe at the beast, not sure what to do now. Now, Static wasn't one to back down from a challenge, especially one he gave himself. Even though this was much different than a pony, and probably something he didn't want to mess with, Static took a few steps towards the Griffin anyway, deadset on making this griffin his friend.

When Static was just behind the Griffin, unsure if the creature knew if he was there or not, he cleared his throat and tried to speak up despite being incredibly nervous at this point, unsure of how to approach this griffin.

Static tried to go for the friendly approach, hoping it would improve his chances in friendship.

[colour=#008080]"Hello there, umm, my name is Static Arc, and I'm just curious as to what you're doing there. It looks really interesting."[/colour]

Hopefully this Griffin is up to make friends though, or he might find himself face to face with his sharp talons.

The griffon had been busily working on the local pipe network, Canterlot receiving complaints that water distribution in the town were spotty at best. His long black tail was wagging lightly as he removed a section of damaged piping, the hybrid slipping in a new piece as the pegasus closed in on him. When greeted, he didn't even flinch the, griffon fastening the section before deciding to react.

He suddenly turned his head to look at Static, his keen yellow eyes piercing through the pony as he examined the pegasus. A grin slowly crept across his dark beak as the griffon thought about an appropriate response. "Hello Static, I am working on your pipe systems, making sure that all my ponies are watered. I wouldn't want them to be thirsty. Gerrard Grayfeather, honored to meet you Static," he explained, the griffon revealing a large and heavy looking crescent wrench. He deftly held it in one of his jet black talons, the dark griffon effortlessly spinning the strangely gleaming tool as he spoke to the newcomer. He slipped the tool back into his bag before it could be examined with great detail, the griffon showing his first vague signs of aloofness.

"What are you up to? You seem rather... blue, what is bothering you?" he commented, the griffon leaning in and jabbing the pony in the side playfully with a balled up talon. He chuckled lightly, poking a bit of fun at the blue pelted pony while he waited for a response. It was unclear what exactly the griffon was thinking, but it didn't seem too nefarious or dangerous.

As Static greeted the Griffin, he stepped back and waited for his answer, he felt a little... intimidated. Mabye a little afraid for his life. He really had no idea what Griffins did. Did they eat ponies? Do they live in packs and stalk down their prey? Were more of his brethern behind the bushes, waiting to ambush Static? He never really bothered to read up what they were really like. Were they even able to speak modern Equestrian?

Static continued to wait for a response, looking behind his back for any other Griffins, but didn't hear any. Were Griffins deaf, or was he just simply ignoring him? Before Static considered speaking again in a more louder tone of voice, suddenly Gerrard turned around and spoke to Static, scanning over the pegasus with a grin that could kill.

"Hello Static, I am working on your pipe systems, making sure that all my ponies are watered. I wouldn't want them to be thirsty. Gerrard Grayfeather, honored to meet you Static,"

Static Arc now felt a little more uneasy than he felt before talking to Gerrard. He could almost hear a little bit of sarcasm as the Griffin acknowledged Static. Static watched in stunned silence as Gerrard picked up a wrench, and twirled it around of his talons. Static sweared that he felt his heartbeat. All other sounds were drowned out as Gerrard spun his wrench. It felt like time was going at a crawl.

Around and around it goes. When it stops, nopony-

Suddenly, Gerrard pocketed the wrench into his bag, discarding as if it was nothing special.

Static didn't feel right anymore. This griffin was both mysterious, and really creepy. It felt as if the Griffin would turn around and chuck Static across the rest of Ponyville. Boy was this guy intimidating.

But nevertheless, he was going to break this guys tough exterior and get him to be his friend, even if it ends up with Static breaking all of his bones.

Static blinked his eyes, coming back from his state of paralysis, and quickly tried to think of something to say before losing the Griffin's interest.

"What are you up to? You seem rather... blue, what is bothering you?"

The griffin threw a punch to the pony's side, chuckling like he told a brilliant joke or something. Mabye this guy was finally taking a shine to Static!

[colour=#008080]"Ahaha... Umm, good one. And, I'm fine. Totally fine. Owww..."[/colour]

This guy's punches really deal a dent...

Static then thought he was being too soft for this guy. He seemed like one tough Griffin, so mabye he should try that approach. Try the cool colt approach. he had to make this guys friend, no matter how scary he was.

[colour=#008080]"I mean, I'm awesome man, I'm cool, you know? Uh, you want to do something rad, like do a few awesome flying tricks or a race or something, umm, dude?"[/colour]

Gerrard could tell that Static was genuinely concerned, the pegasus seeming borderline terrified of his presence. The griffon was slightly confused, wondering why such a scared pony had approached him to begin with. He chuckled lightly when the pony complimented his awful joke. "I know I'm a... hoot, but I don't think I need an award," he explained, the hybrid making an even worse bird pun. "Hope I didn't tenderize you too much. I like my ponies to be a bit tough," he explained with a smile, his intentions still unclear as he sat on his haunches. There was something amiss with the griffon, he didn't seem outwardly threatening, but there was something strangely subtle about his odd mannerisms.

When Static decided to try his cool approach, Gerrard couldn't help but raise his brow. He hadn't heard such a way of talking ever since he had moved to Canterlot. No pony he knew would dare talk in such a casual manner, the griffon cocking his head in disbelief. "Rad? I didn't realize we were back in flight school. What an odd request Mr. Discharge. I spend most of my time on the ground to be honest, I'm not one for races and awesome tricks. I would demolish you in mere moments if I did though," he explained, a smile creeping across his maw, the griffon starting to seem vaguely playful.

"Let's do a higher level test of skill. How about this, I'll do an action, then you do it better than me. I'll keep it simple for you," he explained, the griffon turning away for a moment. His talons seemed to be shuffling around in some odd manner. Gerrard turned his head slightly, the griffon giving Static a perfect side view of his sharp black beak. "You might wonder why my maw is black, it is because I can breathe fire!" he announced in a serious tone, a thin jet of vibrant blue flame exiting what seemed like his maw, the fire hissing loudly as it remained an intensely focused stream of superheated air. As quickly as it had started, the event was over, the griffon seeming to close his black beak over the fire as he halted it's advance. He shuffled a talon back into his bag before turning to look at the pegasus. "That fire is hot, hot, hot," he explained with a smirk, the griffon proud of his seemingly irrational power.

So far so good, I think this might go okay, even though it might be a challenge...

After getting punched in the side by the Griffin 'playfully', he had commented on how weak Static was being while making another amazing joke that Static would have laughed at if it wasn't for him trying to gain his wits. It was true though, Static was considered kind of pathetic most of the time, and this Griffin clearly liked his guys tough. So that's when he tried speaking as if he was the most coolest guy in high school. After giving his performance, Static could tell that he had surprised Gerrard, he had caught his attention with his change of character.

"Rad? I didn't realize we were back in flight school. What an odd request Mr. Discharge. I spend most of my time on the ground to be honest, I'm not one for races and awesome tricks. I would demolish you in mere moments if I did though,"

Well, thats going to be a thing now apparently. Static looked visibly annoyed when called 'Discharge', yet it did sound pretty cool though. Nevertheless, it was best to correct the Griffin before he made it a habit. Static also decided to keep using his 'cool' approach, as that seemed to get the most reaction out of him.

[colour=#008080]"Hey man, not to put you down or anything bro, but the name's Static Arc, in case you forgot. Anyway, I would like to see you try and beat me in a race, dude. It would be totally awesome, and rad!"[/colour]

Not too bad, I'm starting to get the hang of this! Gerrard will be mine!

Static even tried to give his own playful punch to the Griffin, yet it may have been a little weaker than Gerrard did it. He was still afraid of the beast biting his head off, but his confidence was renewed after deciding that the cool look was giving him a better chance.

After Static had finished punching and trying to look cool, Gerrard spoke up.

"Let's do a higher level test of skill. How about this, I'll do an action, then you do it better than me. I'll keep it simple for you,"

Static cocked an eyebrow. Higher level of skill, and a test for whoever can outdo the other? Sounds like a plan, Static was ready for anything!

Static then noticed Gerrard moving his head to let Static get a good look at his beak. It was black. That's it. What was so special about it?

"You might wonder why my maw is black, it is because I can breathe fire!"

Wait, what? Fire? No way...

Before Static had time to scoff Gerrard, he opened his beak and let out a thin stream of blue fire out of his mouth and into the air for all to see. Before Static could blink, the fire subsided and Gerrard gave a smirk.

"That fire is hot, hot, hot,"

One thing was for sure, Static was shocked that Griffins could breath fire. Could all Griffins do that? He thought it was only dragons could do that! How in the name of Celestia was he ever going to compete against that!?

Static blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. As he collected himself, Static had to think of something that could top breathing fire, which was pretty hard to beat. Static only thought for a moment before thinking of what he was going to do.

[colour=#008080]"Yo, man. That was totally sweet! But you better sit down, as my trick will knock you off your hooves! Or, feet, in your case."[/colour]

Static then took flight, and seached around for what he was looking for. Before not too long, he saw what he wanted. A lone cloud sitting lazily up in the sky. Static flew over and dragged it across the sky to where Gerrard could see.

[colour=#008080]"Now, be prepared Gerry, as I show you an amazing feat of accuracy!"[/colour]

What? Now were even in forgetting names. Static felt it was needed to give Gerrard a nickname. Anyway, Static sought out a landmark that he could use for his trick. After looking for a few moments, he saw a tiny object that would be perfect to use.

[colour=#008080]"Now, my gnarly little Griffin, take a good look at that flower over there. Small thing, am I right? I can hardly see the thing from up here."[/colour]

Static then took his place behind his cloud, and sized up the flower and judged the distance from between the flower and the cloud. He also looked over his cloud to check which spot would be perfect to use for his trick. As soon as Static was ready he spun around on the spot while flying and lifted a hind leg.

[colour=#008080]"Take a good, hard look at that flower. Now you see it..."[/colour]

Wham! Static drove his hind leg and slammed it into the cloud. As soon as he did, a powerful and strong lightning bolt shot out at blinding speeds toward the ground. Before you knew it, the bolt hit its mark. In less than a second, the flower turned from a symbol of nature and beauty to a pile of nothing on the ground. Scorch marks were seen around the spot that the flower was on. In short, the flower was completely destroyed by the lightning bolt Static let out in a feat of accuracy and careful timing.

[colour=#008080]"...And now you don't. What do you think of that, Gerry my friend?[/colour]

The tenderization comment was more a joke about eating the pony, but neither side seemed to push the issue too much farther, the comment slipping under the radar. Gerrard had no real opinion of the colt, learning from his time in Canterlot that there are probably much worse ponies around to deal with. He would probably figure out soon enough if the colt was someone he could stand, the griffon surprisingly patient for a member of his species.

"I know your name Static, you should feel honored to get such an awesome nick name. But if you prefer Stat, I'll just call you that," he explained, the griffon giving the pegasus a stern gaze as he punched him in the side. His heavier griffon body absorbed the hit much better, the hybrid raising his brow as his pony friend decided to play along. Gerrard didn't as much as flinch at the playful gesture, knowing it was a playful bump, something he probably should have done lighter himself.

Gerrard did his best to hold back his laughter as the pegasus completely bought that he could breathe fire. His maw was black because he was simply a black griffon, he wouldn't breathe fire if it burnt himself to do so. He was going to explain that it was just a playful trick, but he was too impressed and decided to one up him before he could go further. It was clear to Gerrard though that the colt hadn't taken a species of Equestria class at his local school, but the griffon didn't have the heart to interrupt him.

When the pony explained that he could one up his feat, Gerrard obliged him and made sure he was seated for what clearly would be a spectacle. He figured that the easiest way to one up fire would be with water, and the hybrid patiently waited for him to make it rain on him or something along those lines.

When Static mention accuracy, the griffon couldn't think of an efficient way to show that in regards to water. He gulped nervously, expecting the worst. The griffon disliked one thing, and he was suspecting the pegasus was about to cross the line. As the pony reared up his hind legs, Gerrard raised a black talon up to protect his face, a clap of thunder filling the air as the flower was instantly destroyed. He practically jumped at the gesture, the griffon hating when ponies needlessly flaunted the destructive power of lightning. To him it seemed so erratic, so dangerous, so unnecessary. "You didn't have to explode the flower. Every pegasus can manipulate the weather. You should know that it is against the law to needlessly discharge lightning from clouds near other living creatures," he tried to reason, the hybrid doing his best to seem calm, his heart racing as his stomach heaved nervously. "I shot fake flames out of my mouth, you used real lightning, that stuff is dangerous," he grumbled, the griffon giving him a serious glare, one that was much different from his playful glances.