One Autumn Day [Private]

Mellorious

MysticNote walked through a center of Ponyville, deep in thought. She was short on funds, and was pretty sure leaving her mother and father's to become a singer was a dumb idea. But she'd come this far out of Canterlot, and was intent on proving she could do this. She could make this work, somehow...

Several times she almost bumped into another pony, and a cart or two. Finally looking up from the ground, she glanced around. Ponyville was a relatively small place, especially compared to Canterlot, and everypony seemed so happy. Her stomach growled a bit, and the thought of a cheap lunch came to mind. Maybe that cafe over there? Or a snack picked up from one of the many carts in town? A sandwich, though sounded good, with daisies and tomato, with a few apple slices on the side... Her stomach growled again, and she found herself salivating a bit. She decided to splurge on the sandwich.

She made her way over to the cafe, maybe they'd have something that suited her mood.

"Wow what a great day." The leaves had just begun to change and the clubs were warming up as ponies were striving to find somewere to get out of the cooling weather. Turns had seen record profits for the year and his spirits were high. He could finally afford to treat himself once in a while instead of having to hoard every penny he earned and then just paying the rent and food he had to have.

As the bright pink DJ was sitting down at a cafe for some lunch he noticed another blue pony looking hungrily for something, "Excuse me would you like to come sit with me? Id buy you lunch if you do." Why he was doing this he didnt know just a hunch he thught. Maybe she would take the offer maybe not who knew.

'Ember' (as she was called for short) huddled in the shade of a building somewhere in the bustling small village of ponyville. She had been here only a day, as she'd run from the main city, Canterlot, hearing a rumor that a traveling circus was heading that way. She wanted nothing really more then to hide from any circus folk until she'd found someway to gain her cutie mark.

Ember whined and lay her head down again. This was a nightmare. She had less then a week to gain her cutie mark or her parents would hate her forever! Her aunt had told her so, and her aunt would -never- lie. would she? Ember sighed and watched the other ponies walking around doing their daily chores. She saw many other small ponies and wished she too was back home. it had been quite a while since she'd seen her mother and father, but she could not go back until she had discovered her talent and acquired her very own cutie mark.

MysticNote was quite shocked by the pink pony's offer, and for a split second her pride told her to decline... her ever-so-light money pouch on the otherhand... "I... thank you! I'd love some company, myself." She smiled. This could turn out to be the makings of a great friendship! She'd be sure to pay for at least part of her meal, though. With this help maybe she could- Oh my gosh that poor filly looks hungry and scared! "Out there!" She said stupidly... "I-I mean, wait here, please... I'll be right back!"

Mystic hurried out of the café and approached the youngster she had noticed outside the window. She was probably being paranoid, but this filly was dirty, and looking a little worn out, too.

"Uhm, are you alright?" was the first thing to escape her mouth, a look of sincere worry on her face.

Turns chuckled and then looked out to were the little pony was 'Oh she does look rough'. He followed the blue pony outside the cafe and stood just a little ways back quietly observing, 'well why not' . "Is everything alright? You dont look to good." Maybe his instincts were telling him something was wrong but he couldnt put his finger on quite what it was he knew from experience what a down on their luck pony looked like and this young filly fit the mold perfectly. "Would you like to come eat with us? My treat."

Ember had just closed her stinging eyes when the sounds of rapid hoofbeats rent the still quiet air of the small tightly packed pony town. She flattened her ears to either side of her head against the din and tried her best to just ignore it, and become invisible. The last thing she needed was somepony finding her and telling her parents should they really be n Canterlot at this very moment.

Ember was just thinking she was safe again when somepony spoke, and she very nearly jumped right out of her skin! She whined again, not wanting to gaze up at the strange looking purple - blue pony, nor her bright pink companion, Ember didn't really like being this way, but everything made her more then a bit uneasy now since running from her loving mother and father.

She flattened hear ears more and hunched in such a way that her very bare flank was exposed quite clearly and made her look all the more frightened. Being around carni-folk and strangers who visited them were fine, because she always her parents looking out for her, now she was all alone, and these were very strange strangers indeed.

Mystic wanted to nuzzle the poor filly, the way she whined. Just make everything better, somehow re-assure her she'd be fine.

"We're not out to hurt you... I promise, you'll be just fine." She smiled, worry still very clear on her face mixed with compassion and perhaps a bit of empathy. She was obviously no where near her parents, and Mystic was sure she was fightened out of her wits. Mystic was, after all, and this was the first time she'd been so far from home.

"What's you're name? ...You know, let's skip that part for now." She didn't want to intimidate by interrogating the poor thing. "Come on and eat with us. I'll help you get whatever you want off the menu"

So much for saving a few bits on food.

"Hey i said it was my treat ma'am, we need to get this filly some food she looks hungry." Turns lookked at the filly with just a twinge of sympathy, after all i hadnt been to long ago when he left his single mother to make hs own way inn the world and he could tell this filly was trying to do the same, or so he thought anyways, and he had the extra bits now s it wouldnt hurt to give to a filly in need.

"And if she needs i have an extra bedroom in my apartment she can stay in, your welcome to stay too if you dont already have a place." Turns you letting your mouth get ahead of you again, these could be common street ponies out to rob you of everything you have. 'nah i dont think they would. Besides this filly needs some help, and im gonna make sure she gets it.'

Ember was not sure what to make of these strangers, but as everypony knows, a young filly's stomach stops for nopony, and it gave a great rumbling that made Her flush a bit, illuminating her freckles. She didn't think these seemed like bad ponies, her mother had taught her how to tell the difference between a good pony and a bad pony, but Ember was still very scared. Her stomach gave another mighty roar or protest, and she struggled to her to feet. She was rather dirty and looked very tired as well.

"Atta girl. " Mystic turned to the pink pony, eyes full of admiration and thanks, The people here in Ponyville were as nice as she'd heard on the train.

"I'm Mystik by the way. Figure if your going to buy a lady lunch you should at least know who she is!" She giggled.

((Sorry for shortness!))

Ember's ears flopped pathetically as she followed in the wake of the other two before her. But brightened a bit as she stepped into the sun warmed cafe' with that, and the promise of 'anything she wanted' to eat, her mood lifted quite a bit, and she momentarily forgot about why she was so sad.

"I think," Mystik said, looking at the menu, enticed by the build-you're own sandwich option, "I'll take a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, daisies and maybe...hm..."

She lulled over her decision for the next thing to go on, and settled, "I think I'll add some celery for added crunch. It's an option, I can do that." She looked to the filly, smiling, "So my curiosity has me piqued. What's your name? Why are you here all alone?" Although she was smiling, there was something of a glint of worry in the younger mare's eyes. "I won't tell anyone you're here if you don't want me to." She added.

((Had to cut it short. At a Best Buy. lol))

Embermane was just thinking about all the things she could eat when the coversation was turned to the reason she was all along. Her ears drooped. "I... don't havea..." She trailed off mumbleing something that sounded like 'cuddle-bark' and whined.

{ also sorry for shortness. BLAME MYSTICS FOLKS. :| }

((I BLAME THEM WHOLE-HEARTEDLY!!)

"A what? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you!"

Her ears drooped a bit, "You know, let's just get you fed and cleaned up first. If it really bother's you, then I have to right to MAKE you tell me." Mystic said, fighting with her own nosiness. Just then a waiter happened by to take their orders... She was ready to order and told her so, "I'll do a 'Build my own Sandwich", With Lettuce, tomato, daisies, and celery, please!" She turned to the filly, "So, uhm, ready to order? Do you need some more time?"

Embermane's stomach grumbled it's protests again, and she gulped. Maybe it would not hurt to ask. "Um... Maybe..." Her ears perked up a bit, "Do they have banana pops?" It was her favorite food. Not really a food really, as it was more of a carni treat of a banana dipped in chocolate, but it was what she was missing most about home, exept her family that is.

"You know, I think there's a good chance we can get a banana dipped in some chocolate. I saw dipped soft-serve cones and fruit salad on the menu,"

She looked at the Pink one, "Think they'd mind a special order?"

She didn't think so, but worried as she was about cost the generous pony too much, she asked.

Embermane mumbled her name still not quite sure what to make of these two stranger ponies. It was only now that she began to look around, ponyville was a lot bigger then it looked from the forest where she'd trekked through. She didn't know the name of it, but it had been long, dark, and full of things that made creepy sounds. She didn't fancy going back there any time soon.

{ Yawns. it's too early to be awake. =__=}

((You're kidding me, DJ! You've got to sleep! D:))

Mystic was just barely able to hear the filly's mumbled name ove rthe noise of the resteraunt.

"Embermane?" She liked the sound of it, it just rolled off the tongue for her, "What a beautiful name. I see where you get it." She commented, referring to Embermane's somewhat long, firey red and gold mane. It had some dirt and a small twig in it.

"Where do you come from? Sorry if it feels like I'm prying. Even I'll admit I'm nosey at the best of times."

((UGH! Firesong, make the week go by sooner... If you can't get back thurs you'd better hop on a bs first thing Friday!! *super-depressed with you gone. T_T))