Shockblast Salon (OPEN)

synkyd

Now, Papyrus was not particularly known for her generousness. This was of course not because she didn't have a caring and kind soul willing to help anypony who was down on their luck, but rather because she never really could work up the courage to express herself. A homeless pony sitting in the gutter would rip her heart out, but an interaction with somepony who she wasn't acquainted with did not appeal to her that much. She'd walk past him, the soft jingle of coins in her saddlebags as she walked past overwhelming her with guilt.

This meant the unicorn did not have much experience. This also meant that when the pony first expressed her inner compassion for a complete stranger, she was completely unsure what to do once thanked for it. Pap looked into Black Hole's name-fitting eyes for a moment, but then her eyes closed and she sighed. No reason to be nervous, she said to herself in her head, just grab the order and quit being such a scaredy-pony. Papyrus cleared her throat and looked up at the shop's menu, trying to sound unworried and nonchalant. [colour=#66cc66]"I'd like to purchase two daisy sandwiches, first one with white bread and the other with whole wheat, and a short glass of water." [/colour]Pap's facade of nonchalance worked well, though, and the clerk nodded eagerly and sped off.

Nebula would quickly chime in her own, "Oatburger and Hayfries!" Though she didn't really see if the clerk noticed, or even took her order. With a squeal however, the veteran would lift his daughter up onto his head. She looked like a little filly plumage on the stallion's head.

"Where, by chance, did you catch my little star, Miss Papyrus?" He pried, waiting for their food to arrive. "She's normally out here on the streets, and Quasar or one of my cadets find her wandering. No thanks to..." He quickly clear his throat, trying to keep himself from going into a sour demeanor. Looking down at the mare, he'd poke at the filly on his head, much to her squealing enjoyment as the tip of his hoof poked her.

"Wait...you mean you didn't know she was at the salon?" The mare asked curiously. She was nearly positive that the filly's father knew of her whereabouts earlier, but now her sureness dwindled. Seeing the stallion surprised made her continue. "She was at the Shockblast Salon with Calypso." Papyrus tried not to sound accusing, knowing that a caring father would go over to the Shockblast and beat the goodness out of Calypso if he was mistreating his daughter.

"Wait...you mean you didn't know she was at the salon?" The mare asked curiously. She was nearly positive that the filly's father knew of her whereabouts earlier, but now her sureness dwindled. Seeing the stallion surprised made her continue. "She was at the Shockblast Salon with C

Black Hole would turn his attention fully to his new-found acquaintance. "Shockblast Salon? That's halfway across town from her home. I was only called out here due to a disturbance, which led me to you and my filly." Turning his attention to the young filly, he gave her a stern look, "Little Nebula, you're going to take me to this salon. At least that explains your new manecut."

The filly shrank back, but was at least reassured from Black Hole's nuzzling to her forehead. "Not in trouble, sweetie, just need to have a chat with this mysterious 'C' pony."

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ee82ee](After much turmoil and confusion, I return home for my regularly scheduled roleplaying. I apologize I wasn't at a computer -- family issues called.)[/colour]

Papyrus internally began banging her head against the wall for not being cautious enough. The back of her mind told her that there wasn't much she could do with a stern father's undying love standing in the way, but that part of her brain was being quickly being pillaged by the soldiers of anxiety. She gave the most convincing (and most phony) smile in a long time when the green unicorn pony was caught off guard by a bell behind her. Her eyes shot open faster than the realization that it was their food ready. Embarrassed, she turned and grabbed the tray with the help of her glowing horn. She sat down at a vacant table and gestured invitingly for Black Hole and his darling filly to take a seat opposite of her. This small diner beat most other food courts in Canterlot in the field of seating. Pap shifted her weight on the large cushion. "[colour=#66cc66]Take a seat,[/colour]" she suggested.

[colour=#ee82ee](After much turmoil and confusion, I return home for my regularly scheduled roleplaying. I apologize I wasn't at a computer -- family issues called.)[/colour]

Papyrus internally began banging her head against the wall for not being cautious enough. The back of her mind told her that there wasn't much she could do with a stern father's undying love standing in the way, but that part of her brain was being quickly being pillaged by the soldiers of anxiety. She gave the most convincing (and most phony) smile in a long time when the green unicorn pony was caught off guard by a bell behind her. Her eyes shot open faster than the realization that it was their food ready. Embarrassed, she turned and grabbed the tray with the help of her glowing horn. She sat down at a vacant table and gestured invitingly for Black Hole and his darling filly to take a seat opposite of her. This small diner beat most other food courts in Canterlot in the field of seating. Pap shifted her weight on the large cushion. "[colour=#66cc66]Take a seat,[/colour]" she suggested.

Black Hole took a seat, with Nebula being only a head taller than the table before them. Handing her food, Black turned to Papyrus and sat his helmet on the table. "So, Miss Papyrus. What do you do for a living?"

While this went on, Nebula was cutely trying to eat the burger, which was too large for her tiny filly jaw to envelop. She scrunched her nose, trying to find a method to the delicious oats and bread. This went unnoticed by Black, who was watching Papyrus in keen interest. "And tell me of this... Calypso."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(bump. i havent been responding, dimitri, because you guys govt a good coneversation rigt here

Kinda hard to roleplay when Papyrus hasn't responded since Janurary.