Shockblast Salon (OPEN)

synkyd

The sun rose on Canterlot, a burning ring of amber pulled from the ground by Princess Celestia, the moon tucked away by Princess Luna.

Stores began to open, humbly showing their wares. Well, for the little building that carried a huge magicly lit sign of Shockblast, humilty did not exsist. inside of the building, as seen throgh the large windows was 4 chairs lined up, a table with a vulgar amount of mane care supplies and one large mirror opposing each one. A warmly smiling unicorn with a spiked mane of red and green darted around, checking and rechecking fans and sissors. a small sign next to the doors says open, inviting one and all inside.

• Like 2

A little Earth Pony filly with a snow white coat, no older enough to be a blank flank, and rather messy looking. Her mane was a absolute mess, looking as if she didn't even care for it when she got out of bed that morning. Dressed with a pair of solid white saddlebags, which jingled with the sounds of bits and all sorts of stuff.

Trotting past the usual morning aristocracy, she paused and looked up at the sign. Looking apprehensive, she ever so carefully poked her muzzle inside and curiously examined the store. After a few seconds, she attempted to sneak into the store, though didn't count on tripping over her own forehooves and landing ungracefully on her face with a loud squeak.

"Whoa!" The mane stylest exclaimed a loud after hearing the squeak. Calypso twisted around, and, seeing a face planted filly, trotted over, levated up her bags, and lent a helping hoof to pull her up.His coat was blue, a light blue that drawed attention in a crowd for its shine.

"Young filly, you simply must be careful! a lady such as yourself must be gracefull and attracive with every movement! but, what to do about that mane..." Calypso ran a hoof through her mane, mumbling words like "widows peak" and "waxy, yet free..."

The filly, Nebula Rose, would look up at the stylist with a gleaming curiosity and tilt her head. Thankful, though, for the stallion helping her up.

"U-Umm.. s-s-sorry..." she mumbled out, feeling like she'd done something wrong. She'd gently push her hoof back and forth, and look down at the ground while he appraised her mane. Truth be told, she never found time to even bathe, considering she didn't exactly live in the more prestigious sections of Canterlot.

"I-I-I'm N-Nebula R-R-Rose..." She squeaked out next, feeling the stallion pull apart a knot in her mane.

Calypso took his hoof back, pursing his lips as he thought of the major steps needed nefore he can do what he does best:STYLE! After seveal moments of intense thought, Calypso clipped his hoof against the floor and raised it to his breast, smiling at his plan.

"Well, Nebula, first we need to clean you up!" Calypso eagerly says, pushing her to a nearby chair and forcing her up onto it. Nebulas mane was dumped into a small sink of cool water, special fitted for mares who needed an expert clean up. Calypso began appling numerous hair products, rinsing and washing her hair, filling the air with a plesant smell of fruits and oils. The treatment left Nebulas hair a stunning black that slightly shimmered, but Calypso wasnt done yet.

"so, how exactly do you want your new mane? elegant? playful? maybe rebellios, show your mum and pop whose in charge of you!"

Nebula would squeak at the sight of her mane, after spending weeks being unclean it looked simply CLEAN!

At the mention of how she wanted her mane, she bit her lip at the mention of her parents. Though, looking to be like a big pony, she smiled up at him and declared her design. "Make me look like a pretty pony, anything!"

She'd add a dramatic point at Calypso, accidentally booping him in the nose. Blushing in embarassment, she'd put it down and mumble out an apology.

Calypso rubbed his nose, still smiling. She didnt want to look like celestia, or.luna, or mare-do-well, she wanted taste, fashion, beauty! Calypso began to work in a flurry of activity, sissors and various implements flying in and out, braid this, tie that- And then he was done. Calypso stepped back, marveling at his job. The back of her mane was curled.glamerously, but practically. his main focus, however, was the front. Every single hair was perfectly alligned, each one having a purpose, all streaming downwards in an organized fashion. her bangs were cut to an inch-Except the very sides, leaving two amazing strips of mane to box in her face, bringing details like her straight nose and wonderfully big blue eyes out.

"You wanted to be a pretty ponyy? I bet no colt will keep his eyes off you now!" Calypso cheerfully states, not keeping in mind the little filly shyness.

Alyx was sitting in a bench on the street, bored out of his mind. After a couple minutes, he decided to pull out the old guitar he always carried and played a tune to keep him occupied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdqPT8LvTg

This happened to be the melody that ran across the fretboard of the guitar.

Calypso rubbed his nose, still smiling. She didnt want to look like celestia, or.luna, or mare-do-well, she wanted taste, fashion, beauty! Calypso began to work in a flurry of activity, sissors and various implements flying in and out, braid this, tie that- And then he was done. Calypso stepped back, marveling at his job. The back of her mane was curled.glamerously, but practically. his main focus, however, was the front. Every single hair was perfectly alligned, each one having a purpose, all streaming downwards in an organized fashion. her bangs were cut to an inch-Except the very sides, leaving two amazing strips of mane to box in her face, bringing details like her straight nose and wonderfully big blue eyes out.

"You wanted to be a pretty ponyy? I bet no colt will keep his eyes off you now!" Calypso cheerfully states, not keeping in mind the little filly shyness.

Nebula would look at herself, and promptly let out the loudest squee she could ever hope for.

"I-I-It's am-amazing, M-Mister C-C-Calypso!" She'd pause and scrunch up her face, the rose red mane needed something...

"C-Can you give me something t-to match my c-c-coat?" However, after she finished, she realized the last thing he said and let out a squeak. Her face would've matched her mane at the reference of colts not keeping their eyes off of her.

Calypso chuckled at Nebulas bloom of red, giving a warm atmospere inside of the cutting edge salon." What exactly are you asking for, miss Rose? To die your coat? that is a lovely colour!" Calypso says ,tilting his head at the odd request. its not as he DID'NT do coat dyes, but Calypsos specialty had always been manes. Calypso stroked a hoof through his wild styled mane, his faux leather coat crinkling slightly, a set of.black aviators poking out of a pocket. just what did this mare want?

Nebula would point to her mane, face still blushing from imaginging being the talk of her class and having colts look at her. "S-Streak my m-mane to f-fit my c-c-coat?"

Ever so gently, though, she'd fidget in her seat. She really enjoyed being in here, considering her usual appearance had her kicked out of most stores. For that manner, she didn't even know what a salon even meant!

(it would help to show me a pic or description...)

" Well, miss Rose, that I can do!" Calypso exclaimed. a simple touch of blue colour wouldnt be a problem-hay, it could improve it! Calypso took a step back, pausing for several moments, kicking through a spellbook to try to find the spell he was looking for. planting the book onto the ground, Calypso began to scetch out the stripes of colour In his mind, his horn glowing with magical energy. slowly, strands of mane began to change colour, shifting through greens and reds until the Exact colour came up. after a few minites, Nebulas mane was stiped with pallets of blue "Like this?"

(it would help to show me a pic or description...)

" Well, miss Rose, that I can do!" Calypso exclaimed. a simple touch of blue colour wouldnt be a problem-hay, it could improve it! Calypso took a step back, pausing for several moments, kicking through a spellbook to try to find the spell he was looking for. planting the book onto the ground, Calypso began to scetch out the stripes of colour In his mind, his horn glowing with magical energy. slowly, strands of mane began to change colour, shifting through greens and reds until the Exact colour came up. after a few minites, Nebulas mane was stiped with pallets of blue "Like this?"

(Due apologies for the delay.)

Nebula would look in awe at the magic, and her face was absolutley full of glee. "I-I-I really like it!" Now, the white-coated filly felt absolutely smashing. Looking up at Calypso, she'd give him the largest grin she could muster. It wasn't everyday she could look like a pretty pony.

However, she seemed a bit off. "U-Umm.. M-Mister C-C-Calypso?" She'd look up, tapping her forehooves together, her cheeks reddened slightly.

"Just a moment, miss Rose." says Calypso, turning away from Nebula to Alyx. "Welcome to Shockblast Salon! My name is Calypso cuts, Mane stlyest expert!" Calypso winnies, his forehoofs raising off the ground and shortly landing again. Calypsos green eyes were eager for more work." What are you in for?" Calypso turns back to Nebula. "Now, what were you saying?" Calypso smiled warmly. He always knew how to act around mares, and not just in the romantic sense, one Calypso was very familer with. no, he just was better at reading ponies, and defenitly knew how to perk up even the most sad mare.

Nebula would keep poking her hooves together, looking up with anticipation and excitement in her eyes. Biting her lip, she'd ask carefully, "C-C-Could I-I work f-f-for you, s-see i-i-if I g-g-get my c-cutie mark in 's-saloning'?" She'd try to put on her best puppy eyes possible, really hoping Calypso would take her on as an apprentice.

"I-I-I could b-be a g-good worker..."

Calypso fell back a bit in shock, his eyes widened. the first mare he worked on today, his first assistent? Calypso chewed his lip a bit, thinking it out. There was a lot of vice and parties a fasion worker must go through to reach fame, and calypso wasnt exactly.comfertable bringing a filly into it. but maybe the way the filly babbled would be charming, adorable even. hay, maybe it could be used to attract a cute mare in the park, maybe even set up a da-Calypso shook the images of sharing a candlelit dinner with somepony out of his head, not letting romance affect his desion"Uh... you are aware this field of work isnt exceptionally easy or clean, right? youd have to sweep hair, bring me stuff, run errands, all sorts of stuff a filly your age wouldnt want do.you still game?"

Calypso fell back a bit in shock, his eyes widened. the first mare he worked on today, his first assistent? Calypso chewed his lip a bit, thinking it out. There was a lot of vice and parties a fasion worker must go through to reach fame, and calypso wasnt exactly.comfertable bringing a filly into it. but maybe the way the filly babbled would be charming, adorable even. hay, maybe it could be used to attract a cute mare in the park, maybe even set up a da-Calypso shook the images of sharing a candlelit dinner with somepony out of his head, not letting romance affect his desion"Uh... you are aware this field of work isnt exceptionally easy or clean, right? youd have to sweep hair, bring me stuff, run errands, all sorts of stuff a filly your age wouldnt want do.you still game?"

Nebula's eyes would go absolutely wide, the filly nodding quickly and paused. She wobbled side-to-side before stabilizing herself from tipping over and faceplanting square into the floor again. "Y-Yes!" She'd keep herself from jumping around Calypso, counting he just made her look like a pretty pony. But if he could see it, she was fidgeting with absolute excitement.

"I-I-I h-have l-lots of t-time, I-I-I could work on anything! S-Sweep stuff! G-Go run l-letters!" Her voice became even more squeaky, speaking so rapidly it eventually made her scrunch her face up and wobble again from forgetting to breathe in.

"..okay, 3 times a week. friday and the weekend, my busiess days. 15 bit salery for ever week, and you do what I ask, okay?" Calypso told Nebula, smiling at the mares enthusiasm. even if the mare wasnt as pumped as Nebula was, Calypso would have still hired her for her ethjc that came through. "If you are coming to any grand parties, though, we'll have to control that stutter a bit, okay?" Even if he thought it was adorable, the canterlot elite might not think so.

"..okay, 3 times a week. friday and the weekend, my busiess days. 15 bit salery for ever week, and you do what I ask, okay?" Calypso told Nebula, smiling at the mares enthusiasm. even if the mare wasnt as pumped as Nebula was, Calypso would have still hired her for her ethjc that came through. "If you are coming to any grand parties, though, we'll have to control that stutter a bit, okay?" Even if he thought it was adorable, the canterlot elite might not think so.

Nebula would let out the loudest squeal possible and leap from her seat and hug Calypso around his foreleg, just barely wrapping around it with her forelegs. "Y-Yes sir!" She'd immediately stand up, ready for her (hopefully) first day on the job in the meantime.

"Alright, Nebula, first you need to clean up my recent hair mess-the ine under your hoofs? and maybe do a quick countup of stuff in the backroom, you know, take inventory. as you can see, we dont have customeers at the moment, but if I need some supplies, ill shout, okay?"Calypso instructed Nebula, and went to the front desk. he felr a bit guilty for telling her to do all tthese things when he could have done this himself, but he needed to see how she worked. Calypso began to flip through a copy of Finsh, the top fashion magazine in equestria.

"Alright, Nebula, first you need to clean up my recent hair mess-the ine under your hoofs? and maybe do a quick countup of stuff in the backroom, you know, take inventory. as you can see, we dont have customeers at the moment, but if I need some supplies, ill shout, okay?"Calypso instructed Nebula, and went to the front desk. he felr a bit guilty for telling her to do all tthese things when he could have done this himself, but he needed to see how she worked. Calypso began to flip through a copy of Finsh, the top fashion magazine in equestria.

Nebula would set to work with the speed of a rabbit. Propping the dust pan, she immediately began using her hooves to operate the broom by standing on her hindlegs. Though a bit messy, she got the job done and got the hairs she missed from earlier. Dumping the clumps of hair into the trash, she immediately returned the two and disppeared into the back.

(Alrighty, I'm gonna take a break here and call it a night. 2:20AM and I don't wanna sleep through Season 3)

Calypso looked back and saw Nebula ducking into the backroom. He sighed softly, and looked back into his magazine. so many articles showing upcoming desinners and models, and not one showing himself. Calypso set down the magazine, shaking his head. He just knew he had it in him, the spark: the crative genius that ignites ones passion, a desire or want that drove you forward. Love and fame, thats what he wanted, not bits or one night stands, nor power or imortality. and yet, In that small salon, stood Calypso, with neither love or fame, but he wanted it.

Nebula would set to work with the speed of a rabbit. Propping the dust pan, she immediately began using her hooves to operate the broom by standing on her hindlegs. Though a bit messy, she got the job done and got the hairs she missed from earlier. Dumping the clumps of hair into the trash, she immediately returned the two and disppeared into the back.

(Alrighty, I'm gonna take a break here and call it a night. 2:20AM and I don't wanna sleep through Season 3)