[Beakbreak City] Pawn Stars: Equestria (Open)

Bellosh

[colour=#000000]Sierra still wasn't entirely sure what to make of this mare. She seemed a little upfront and aggressive for the dragonness. Her jovial, exuberant attitude did have Sierra smiling some despite herself though. She found herself chuckling at her jokes and nodding along some before throwing back the rest of her cider. It really was pretty good stuff. When asked if she wanted more, Sierra gave a small nod.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Uh... sure...."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a small shrug, eager to have a little more. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"I'll have a little more."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She wasn't so sure what to say beyond that. When the griffon asked about the stuff in the pony's wagon, she glanced over to see though. It seemed like she did maybe have some interesting things. Or maybe it was junk? Sierra probably wouldn't be the best at judging the difference. All the same, she was nothing if not curious.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Yeah... anything interesting in there...?" [/colour][colour=#000000]she asked. [/colour]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#008000]"Wonderful, comrades!" [/colour]Tankena shouted as she poured more of her Stalliongradian cider for Falco and Sierra. [colour=#008000]"We drink together and now I show you my wares!"[/colour]

The green mare quickly reached up with her mouth to clap the end of the white sheet that covered her wagon and pulled it off with a strong yank. Inside the wagon were various items, most of them forged metal weapons and tools.

[colour=#008000]"I bring you the best from my family's metal works, comrades! Each item hoofmade on our own forge! I also bring a number of my own inventions, things that will be valued for resale! Advanced plows and hoes for farming, spears for defense, I show you more!"[/colour]

With surprising speed, Tankena brings out and sets up what appears to be a tall free standing metal molded 'Grandfather' clock.

[colour=#008000]"See this, comrades? Took me months to build! A very accurate timepiece with alarm system! Watch and see!"[/colour]

Quickly setting the alarm triggering mechanism, she started the pendulum of the clock until the alarm was set off. Instantly, the loud sound of a wailing siren filled the air for a ten second 'blast' of noise. It didn't phase Tankena at all, but made Boris run far down the road until it ended.

[colour=#008000]"Isn't this great-ski! We Stalliongradians are heavy sleepers, need loud noises to wake up with!"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Taking a sip from his refilled cider mug, Falco Kestrelson closely observed the green mare as she advertised her wares. The griffon admired the fine craftsmareship inherent in the metal tools up for the sale; he could plainly see why the Royal Equestrian Army would commission the earth pony’s family to forge equipment. Mr. Kestrelson made a note to inquire on what family the mare belonged to, although he already had a few shrewd guesses about the identity of her parents; after all, the list of known metalsmiths fulfilling contracts for the REA was quite short.

While the quality of the mare’s wares was not in question at all, the inconvenient fact stood that they were also quite mundane items by Falco’s standards. Any simple shop could sell these articles; Gems & Trinkets however sold only rare, valuable, or otherwise oddball items (like the enchanted baseball bat the griffon mentioned earlier). The pawnshop owner’s curiosity hence spiked up as the mare displayed her metallic grandfather clock; surely something was special about it if it wasn’t made out of wood as usual?

The metal clock didn’t disappoint one bit; the wailing siren the clock’s alarm emitted blasted Mr. Kestrelson all the way into the door of his pawn shop. Now this was more like it! [colour=#008000]“Who-weeeee, ahhahahahaha!!!”[/colour] Falco shouted as he got up back onto his legs, failing to notice his spilled cider mug a dozen inches away from him. Once the alarm stopped, the jolly griffon walked over to the clock to appraise it. [colour=#008000]“Hmm… let’s see, heh heh,”[/colour] he congenially mused as he scratched his chin with a claw; [colour=#008000]“Since no other grandfather clocks like this one exist… well, not yet anyway, I bet this is indeed worth a lot of money. If you’ll allow me, I’d like to spend 450 bits for the honor of stocking this item.”[/colour] As usual for Falco, his initial offer was considerably lower compared to what he thought the clock was really worth… but business was business, and he couldn’t make profit if he spent too much dough acquiring stock.

[colour=#008000]"I bring you the best from my family's metal works, comrades! Each item hoofmade on our own forge! I also bring a number of my own inventions, things that will be valued for resale! Advanced plows and hoes for farming, spears for defense, I show you more!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra gave a hard look at what was displayed. The quality of the weapons was quite good. The pony had earlier said her family was a supplier for the REA Garrison Force, hadn't she? It showed in the craftsmanship of the spears. She could just see her brother Hammer holding one dutifully at his side as he gave a salute. Military weapons really weren't something she saw much anymore. She hardly needed one herself and so much of her time was spent out in the wilderness. Seeing the mare's wares was nostalgic. A smiled graced her lips as she looked down on them.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"See this, comrades? Took me months to build! A very accurate timepiece with alarm system! Watch and see!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The dragoness contemplative trip through family memories was suddenly cut short by the most awful, blaring noise she had ever heard. She cringed as her ear drums were mercilessly assaulted. The sound wave was forceful enough that it even pushed her back a bit. The lighter griffon was blown back to his shop. Sierra's eyes found the metal clock that had emitted the sound and her anger saw her almost fly at it and try and smash it--after all, something so awful had no place being allowed to exist. To her unending surprise however, the griffon pawnbroker collected himself and stepped ahead and actually made an offer on the thing.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Four hundred and fifty bits? Are you crazy?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra blurted out loudly.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Why would you even want this? I'd pay that much just to never to have to hear that awful noise again!"[/colour]

Tankena could sense that her clock 'demonstration' had gone a bit 'over the top', even for her. The green mare wanted to be fair with Falco, especially after the less than stellar entrance she had made into his store. Hearing him make an offer made her smile, but then hearing Sierra's opinion caused Tankena to believe she better make this deal fast, while she still could.

[colour=#008000]"YOU HAVE DEAL-SKI!" [/colour]Tankena shouted, reaching over a front hoof to shake the griffin's claw with. She realized the clock was worth more, but 450 bits was still a lot of money and besides, she felt bad about accidentally causing him to lose business with the dragoness. Even Boris barked his approval to the deal, wagging his tail wildly.

[colour=#008000]"You have good eye for unique items, comrade! Now I show you more!" [/colour]the green mare neighed as she unveiled another large object. Surprizingly enough, this large piece was made of hoofcarved wood.

[colour=#008000]"This is something I built myself! My own invention, a spear cabinet! As you can see through glass window in door, there is room to place a dozen long spears inside on their metal clip holders! Cabinet is both decorative and practical. But the beauty of this cabinet is security feature! I show you!"[/colour]

Tankena stands to one side of the cabinet then shoves a metal rod into the lock, trying to open it. As she does, several small compartments in the cabinet open up and shoot out smaller spears. The green mare managed to dodge all but one, that strikes her square in the rear while the others sailed harmlessly away into a nearby tree.

[colour=#008000]"YYYYYEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!" [/colour]she shouts, leaping straight up into the air before bellyflopping onto the ground. Looking embarrassed, she reached around to yank out the small spear from her backside. [colour=#008000]"Er... see ... how well it... YEOW!.... works?"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Falco Kestrelson held his tongue as the dragoness exclaimed how ludicrous he was for offering nearly five-hundred bits for the metallic grandfather clock. True, he didn’t like it when his sales judgments were questioned, but the griffon also realized that many the dragon’s outburst would dissuade the green mare from demanding a higher price. The pawn stop owner would have preferred to play the barter game, but he happily took the pony’s hoof in his claw and shook to the deal all the same. Mr. Kestrelson bet that some hot-shot pony would pay at least seven-hundred bits for the bragging rights of owning Equestria’s loudest alarm clock, if not more.

The green pony’s next item was just as interesting as her last one. Falco kept a mostly-stoic expression on his face as the metal-smith mare ‘demonstrated’ how the spear cabinet’s security system worked. Recalling how his adventure-loving honorary niece loved the trills of dodging booby traps, the griffon grinned at the mental imagery of the overly-excitable Daring Do cosplayer trying to outwit the cabinet before him.

Having already spent significant money on one product a couple minutes ago however, Mr. Kestrelson opted to ask a couple questions first before making a decision. Especially since even the cabinet-maker herself got injured by her own product. [colour=#008000]“Say there miss, could your cabinet house items other than spears in it? And would the security system work if you simply broke the glass instead?”[/colour]

"YOU HAVE DEAL-SKI!"

[colour=#000000]The sale of the ear-punishing clock was, to Sierra's shock made.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Good luck with that..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she wished the griffon luck in what she was convinced would be the thankless task of selling the annoying thing. [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"This is something I built myself! My own invention, a spear cabinet! As you can see through glass window in door, there is room to place a dozen long spears inside on their metal clip holders! Cabinet is both decorative and practical. But the beauty of this cabinet is security feature! I show you! [/colour][colour=#008000]YYYYYEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWW! [/colour][colour=#008000]Er... see ... how well it... YEOW!.... works?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra's ear pain and ire abated as the pony brought out her next contraption. She studied the spear holder closely, nodding at what she saw. The mare made a fool of herself in her demonstration, but this was nevertheless a more intriguing product. A cabinet for displaying the family spears would see plenty of use in an REA home like hers. It would make quite the birthday gift for Hammer Spark. She wasn't sure if it would be in her price range though... and would attempting to undercut the pawnbroker really be wise in the first place if she hoped to visit regularly for gems? She wasn't sure, but she supposed there wasn't harm in at east asking.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"About how much would you want for this?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she asked. She wasn't good with knowing quite what things cost... well, things that weren't gems at least. She'd let the pony set the price and see if it was anywhere in her range.[/colour]

As her dog Boris grasped the end of the mini spear still lodged in her backside and began to yank repeatedly, a still smiling Tankena addressed Falco.

[colour=#008000]"Of course, comrade! You can keep anything safe in cabinet... OWWW! Watch pulling back there, Boris," [/colour]the green mare continued. [colour=#008000]"Breaking glass also triggers security system. I cannot demonstrate that because I would have to replace glass if I did... YEOW!"[/colour]

The last twinge of pain left Tankena's body as Boris' last pull successfully removed the spear head.

[colour=#008000]"You are true friend, Boris! I buy you nice reward when I finish business with new friends!" [/colour]she said as she turned towards Sierra.

[colour=#008000]"My price is three hundred bits to anyone who wishes to buy this. If both of you want it, I will build second one at workshop and deliver to you promptly. I love making these type of things!"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Well, Falco Kestrelson thought that this sure looked interesting; it appeared that the dragoness wanted that cabinet for herself. Falco didn’t blame her, as that security system actually was pretty nifty for the most part. Yet the griffon also didn’t want to spend too much bits on the wares of the metalsmith from Stalliongrad, at least unless the pony spent some of her own money at Gems & Trinkets. For the time being though, Mr. Kestrelson was content to let the dragon buy the item instead.

[colour=#008000]“Hmm... I’ll give some thought about buying one of these to stock the shop with,”[/colour] Falco replied noncommittally to the green mare. Turning towards the teenage dragon, he added; [colour=#008000]“But if you want this baby, she’s all yours... assuming you can afford it that is, heh heh heh.....”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"My price is three hundred bits to anyone who wishes to buy this. If both of you want it, I will build second one at workshop and deliver to you promptly. I love making these type of things!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra looked over the cabinet and thought a moment. It really was the perfect gift to ship back to Canterlot, but 300 bits was pricy for a simple dragon explorer. Sure, she was paid well for some of the jobs she'd do, especially when she was hired not only to be a guide but for security as well. Even so, 300 bits was a lot for her. She had it, but it was a lot... and she didn't have quite that much on her. She was intent to pass on the cabinet, turning to see what the griffon said.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Hmm... I’ll give some thought about buying one of these to stock the shop with. [/colour][colour=#008000]But if you want this baby, she’s all yours... assuming you can afford it that is, heh heh heh.....”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As he deferred to her, she gave a sigh. She didn't like spending a lot, but now she felt obligated. Not to say that she didn't want it...[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Hmm..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"Three hundred, you say?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she looked at the thing some more and sighed.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"That's a little tight for me... Would you be willing to go 200 for it?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she suggested. She'd maybe be able to go a little higher, but not much. [/colour]

Tankena listened carefully to what both Falco and Sierra had to say. She was surprised to see that the griffin was going to allow the dragoness to bid on the cabinet. Then Sierra stated her price, 200 bits, and smiled. The green mare knew that dragons collected gems to eat, but probably had a difficult time making money otherwise. Because of this fact, Tankena nodded with approval.

[colour=#008000]"It is deal!" [/colour]the Stalliongradian mare shouted before she quickly turned to Falco. [colour=#008000]"And to be fair, if YOU would like cabinet like this one, I will charge you same price and deliver it to your store myself! While we are thinking, how about more to drink?"[/colour]

Boris barked wildly and pushed his empty water dish over to her.

[colour=#008000]"Da! I get hint-ski Boris! I give you a little more, but drink it slowly or you could end up chasing your tail again for hours."[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Just like that, the green mare agreed to sell her spear cabinet to the dragoness for two-hundred bits. In Falco’s mind, he thought the dragon got an extraordinary bargain for an item that he deemed was worth at least twice the amount she paid for it. The pony offered Falco to buy a copy of cabinet for the same price, but he still had some reservations about stocking one in his store; [colour=#008000]“Hmmm... let’s say I think about it over a refill, shall we?”[/colour] Mr. Kestrelson could hardly bring himself to resist a good drink, but he knew it’d be unwise for him to accept any more cider refills. Falco remembered the one time when he forgot his piece of wisdom and got stuck with an enchanted twig of all things; as of the present, nopony had offered to purchase that tree branch.

While waiting for his final refill, Mr. Kestrelson decided to get one lingering question off his chest. Addressing the dragoness and the mare, the griffon spoke; [colour=#008000]“I just realized this, but I haven’t properly introduced myself to either of you yet. My name’s Falco Kestrelson, and I run this pawn shop here. Who might you two ladies be, I wonder?”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"It is deal!" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra was kind of surprised to hear the pony take her deal so quickly. She would have been willing to split the difference and go to 250 for it. Something of this quality for just 200 bits really was a solid purchase though. She felt immediately better about her decision to splurge and buy the thing. She smiled as she forked over 200 bits from her bit purse, leaving it pretty much empty.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Excellent. I'm sure my brother will love this,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, nodding. "[/colour][colour=#cc99ff]And sure I'll take some more of that,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said in response to the offer of more drink. It was good to be social every once and a while, and as long as she didn't go overboard pony drink, no matter how strong wasn't going to effect her too adversely. [/colour]

[colour=#008000]“I just realized this, but I haven’t properly introduced myself to either of you yet. My name’s Falco Kestrelson, and I run this pawn shop here. Who might you two ladies be, I wonder?”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra laughed. How about that? He was right. Through all of that, they really hadn't even bother to give each other their names. She hadn't even realized it. She chuckled and gave a nod.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"It's Sierra. From Canterlot originally, though I now call Breakbeak my home. I'm an explorer of sorts. You could say I'm the dragon you go to if you're looking for a guide for an expeditions into one of Equestria's wilds," [/colour][colour=#000000]she explained.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"That said, it's probably the Northern badlands and Everfree I know the best."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Where are my manners, forgive me for not introducing myself earlier," [/colour]the green mare said as she poured Sierra and Falco more apple vodka. [colour=#008000]"I am called Tankena, but friends call me Tank Mare and I proudly hail from the hills of Stalliongrad! I come from large family of metalsmith ponies and I learn the trade from them. You mention Canterlot, Sierra, I hold degree from Canterlot University! I remember how dee other students looked down on me because I was Earth Pony from far away, but I showed them! I study hard, work even harder so I graduate with top grades in whole University! Like my mentor, Professor Clyde Krashkop always used to say, "Dream big, aim high, live your dream," and that exactily what I did! I know invent new and wonderful things for all to see! I have some of them in my cart I show you and..."[/colour]

Suddenly, Tankena stopped talking when she saw Boris looking up at the sun and howling wildly.

[colour=#008000]"I think you have enough to drink, Comrade Boris," [/colour]the green mare said as she slowly pulled back his water dish and tipped it over, spilling the rest of his drink on the ground.

2v2gp7a.jpg

Falco was shocked to hear that the dragoness Sierra was in fact a resident of Beakbreak City... and an explorer no less! How could the griffon have missed encountering her up until now? [colour=#008000]“Well I’ll be darned!”[/colour] Mr. Kestrelson exclaimed; [colour=#008000]"I’m surprised I ain’t ever heard of you before, Sierra. I’ve been out to the Badlands and the Everfree Forest too as a matter of fact; we’ll have to swap stories sometime, heh heh.”[/colour]

Taking a big sip from his refilled mug, Falco Kestrelson paid attention as the green mare Tankena explained her life story. She may not have been one to trek through the wildness, but Tank Mare certainly knew how to stick it to naysayers! Yet as she tried to divert the conversation back towards selling her wares, her dog expressed in its peculiar way that it needed no more apple vodka for the day.

Chuckling as the mare deliberately spilled Boris’s remaining drink, Mr. Kestrelson schemed to get Tankera to have a look-see of his items; [colour=#008000]“Hey there Tankena; once you calm down that lively dog of yours, I suggest you give yourself a break and wander through my pawn shop. Who knows, he he he... you might see something you’re interested in.”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Well I’ll be darned! [/colour][colour=#008000]’m surprised I ain’t ever heard of you before, Sierra. I’ve been out to the Badlands and the Everfree Forest too as a matter of fact; we’ll have to swap stories sometime, heh heh.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra shook her head. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"Nah, I'm not really anyone who you'd hear about. Not really any kind of well known, even if I am one of the few dragons who does what I do,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, smiling awkwardly. [/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"But you've been out there in the wilds too? That's kinda cool. I'd be happy to trade stories with you,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]the dragoness added, nodding. It was always good to encounter others who were well traveled. Breakbeak was maybe a little different, but back in Canterlot it seemed most ponies who lived there didn't like to leave very often. Griffons were probably a little different in the first place though. They were better at defending themselves than ponies, so it made sense that they'd venture further from the nests. This griffon seemed like a tougher sort too.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Where are my manners, forgive me for not introducing myself earlier, [/colour][colour=#008000]I am called Tankena, but friends call me Tank Mare and I proudly hail from the hills of Stalliongrad! I come from large family of metalsmith ponies and I learn the trade from them. You mention Canterlot, Sierra, I hold degree from Canterlot University! I remember how dee other students looked down on me because I was Earth Pony from far away, but I showed them! I study hard, work even harder so I graduate with top grades in whole University! Like my mentor, Professor Clyde Krashkop always used to say, "Dream big, aim high, live your dream," and that exactily what I did! I know invent new and wonderful things for all to see! I have some of them in my cart I show you and..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The mare followed Sierra up by giving her own introduction. Sierra nodded as she spoke.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Ah, Canterlot University, huh? I remember that place. My brother had some friends who went there while he attended the REA academy."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She gave one more nod and then looked at them both.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Nice to meet you both,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Hey there Tankena; once you calm down that lively dog of yours, I suggest you give yourself a break and wander through my pawn shop. Who knows, he he he... you might see something you’re interested in.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As the griffon suggested they pony follow him back into the shop, Sierra stepped ahead.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Good idea. Don't have any more bits on me really..."[/colour][colour=#000000] she said glancing toward the cabinet she had bought.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"But I'd be happy to browse the shop a little more myself. Might see something I'll need to come back for."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra sighed. She didn't really have much else to do that day and she was starting to find these two endearing. Spending a little more of her day at the pawnshop couldn't hurt. It might be fun. Who knows, maybe she really would see something else she wanted?[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"This is wonderful idea, comrade Falco!" [/colour]Tankena neighed, [colour=#008000]"I would love to enter shop, give me a moment to take care of Boris! He is good dog, really he is, but he cannot handle as much drink as he thinks he can."[/colour]

By now, the large husky dog has fallen asleep. The green mare carefully grabbed him up by his collar and placed him in the back of her wagon. After pulling a bright red blanket over him, she turned towards Falco and Sierra.

[colour=#008000]"NOW I am ready for shopping! I would love very muchly to see your wares! And Comrade Sierra, I will gladly talk to you about delivering your purchase for you, free of charge of course! I am mare of my word and I will be happy to provide this service for you. Comrade Falco, have you a Music department in store?"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Hearing Sierra’s eagerness towards the idea of exchanging her stories of the Wild, Falco Kestrelson couldn’t help but grin. The dragoness may have spent all of her money on Falco’s gem and Tankena’s cabinet, but the griffon was glad to hear that Sierra would browse the shop further; [colour=#008000]“That’s okay if you spent all your bits already, miss. I’m positive at least one thing will interest you other than gems, hehehe. If not, well you can call me a liar then!”[/colour]

As for Tankena, Mr. Kestrelson felt he could sate her desire for a musical instrument; [colour=#008000]“Yeah I have plenty of instruments inside; come on in!”[/colour] Entering his pawn shop, Falco saw a leaner male griffon up and about; his brother Harry. [colour=#008000]“Hey Harry,”[/colour] Falco said happily; [colour=#008000]“There’s a customer’s wagon out front that needs watchin’, if you don’t mind.”[/colour] Without a word, Harry walked on outside while the shop owner headed towards where the musical instruments were kept. With all the diverse types of musical items in stock, Falco expected that something would catch the Stalliongrad mare’s eye.

[colour=#008000]“So Tankena, is it?”[/colour] the griffon questioned;[colour=#008000] “You play music yourself, or are you just a collector? What type of instruments are you interested in?”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"NOW I am ready for shopping! I would love very muchly to see your wares! And Comrade Sierra, I will gladly talk to you about delivering your purchase for you, free of charge of course! I am mare of my word and I will be happy to provide this service for you. Comrade Falco, have you a Music department in store?"[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Ah, that's very kind,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra said with a nod at the offer to deliver the cabinet.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"I mean, if I was just going home with it that would be one thing... Doubt I'd need very much help."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The dragoness gave a shrug and then sighed. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"But this is to be a gift, so it's gotta go all the way back to Canterlot... which really might have been a hassle." [/colour][colour=#000000]After a pause, she hung her head and concluded, [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"In fact, kinda feel bad having you do it all for free..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She shrugged again and then followed the other two back inside the shop, nodding to the shop owner when he spoke to her. He seemed to have a pretty nice, eclectic mix of stuff in his shop, so she was pretty sure it was no lie. She would probably find something kind of cool. For now, she just followed the other two.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Music, huh? She hadn't pictured this mare as any kind of musician. That was kind of cool though. She was interested to see what the griffon had for that.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Da! I am great musician, Comrade Falco!" [/colour]Tankena shouted as she followed the griffin inside. [colour=#008000]"I play piano but most of all, I play the balalaika, the traditional instrument of my homeland! Perhaps I can play it for you and Sierra later!"[/colour]

The green mare turned to hear Sierra speak about the distance involved to deliver her newly purchased cabinet.

[colour=#008000]"I have no problem with this, Comrade Sierra! I LOVE to travel, and going through Canterlot will be fun-ski! I can look up old comrades from my University days, maybe even meet up with Professor Krashkop! He helped me a lot, took me under his wing so to speak. Literally, he took me under his wing because he is PEGASUS! HA! I make funny joke! HA HA HA HA!"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

[colour=#008000]“Ah, so you are a musician,”[/colour] Falco Kestrelson remarked to the green mare. Now, the pawn shop owner needed to learn what type of instrument Tankena would be interested in purchasing; [colour=#008000]“Is there anything in particular you’re looking for, miss? Are you looking for something new to play, or are you more interested in an antique instrument? Or maybe you’d just like to browse through my selection?”[/colour] Tankena’s response will give the griffon a clue as to what to sell her; naturally, Mr. Kestrelson naturally planned to promote the most expensive item that he could in order to make the most money.....

[colour=#008000]"I have no problem with this, Comrade Sierra! I LOVE to travel, and going through Canterlot will be fun-ski! I can look up old comrades from my University days, maybe even meet up with Professor Krashkop! He helped me a lot, took me under his wing so to speak. Literally, he took me under his wing because he is PEGASUS! HA! I make funny joke! HA HA HA HA!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra chuckled--not from the mare's "joke", mind you but instead from how exceedingly bad it was. Tankena didn't have to know that part though. Sierra smiled and gave a nod. First impressions had been entirely wrong on this pony. She was loud and forceful and kinda ridiculous in some ways, but she seemed to be genuinely nice and well intentioned. She was glad to see her snap judgment changed so quickly. It could often be hard for her to forgive others, not to mention just make friends in the first place.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Well thanks,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said. [/colour][colour=#cc66ff]"I really appreciate it."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]That's all she said, but she meant it earnestly. She smiled gently and looked at the instruments. She knew very little about music except that it was often pleasant, but she was still curious to see what Tankena was interested in.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Da! I wish to browse Music section!" [/colour]Tankena announced, feeling even more spry with the effects of her own Apple Vodka now circulating in her system. [colour=#008000]"I want to see what you have. Perhaps I get inspired to invent new muscial instrument, or improve old one, like I did with Portable Piano! Took me many months to develop the prototype, once I brought it back to Stalliongrad."[/colour]

The green mare began to look around, jumping from place to place and searching carefully with her eyes.

[colour=#008000]"Also, do you have sheet music for balalaika? Or other sheet music for that matter? I want to see it if you do!"[/colour]

Then the fast moving mare returned to Sierra's side.

[colour=#008000]"I am curious, Comrade Sierra, what kind of music do dragons like? I have never met dragon before to ask, so now that I have, I ask!"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

[colour=#008000]“Sheet music, you say?”[/colour] mused Falco Kestrelson, trying to remember if the store possessed any of the items in question. After a few seconds, an imaginary prototype flashbulb activated in the griffon’s mind and he replied; [colour=#008000]“Well, some former big-shot griffon composer came by a few months back and pawned off some of his old song concepts that he never released to the public. His name escapes me at the moment, but I have them available over there.”[/colour] With that, Falco pointed to a spot nearby the instruments where the sheet music in question was kept.

However, the pawn shop owner believed he now had an opening to get Tankena to purchase a more expensive item; [colour=#008000]“Haha, a portable piano sure sounds dandy! You’ve got any ideas on what musical instrument to improve next?”[/colour] Not forgetting the presence of Sierra, Mr. Kestrelson chuckled and slyly added; [colour=#008000]“Maybe you can make up something a dragon would really love to play.....” [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"I am curious, Comrade Sierra, what kind of music do dragons like? I have never met dragon before to ask, so now that I have, I ask!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra nodded at the question and thought for a moment.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Hmm,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started, looking up slightly.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"I might not be the best dragon to ask that to."[/colour] [colour=#000000]She gave a small chuckle and a sigh.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"As I said, I grew up in Canterlot. I was raised by ponies after they found my egg. I don't think I even ever met other of my kind until I was old enough to use my wings."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She gave a laugh and shook her head.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Of course, knowing the dragons I have met since then... if I had to guess... it would have to be something loud and fast to get their attention, and probably harsh or vulgar or just exceedingly raw and powerful to keep it... that kind of stuff,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra postulated, thinking it over.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"As for me, I prefer amore serene, majestic sort of sound. Something grand and moving. Y'know the kind of thing to pump you up with a lust for life and adventure,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra said with a full nod and another nod.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Haha, a portable piano sure sounds dandy! You’ve got any ideas on what musical instrument to improve next? [/colour][colour=#008000]Maybe you can make up something a dragon would really love to play.....” [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra grinned as Falco replied to Tankena mention of her invention. A portable piano really did sound like a crazy idea. Sierra really admired that kinda creativity, especially since she wasn't a very creative sort herself. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]She laughed as she spoke, [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"Heh. It'd be pretty impressive if you could build something that one of the big full grown dragons could play. Thing would have to be huge!"[/colour]