Cast Apps

Scythe

Well, since my last cast app there has been a bit of a change to how they are handled.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Tier 1/2 apps are supposed to be sent to a Staff Member instead of posted in the app section.

Tier 3 apps are still to be posted in the app section like other apps.

Now since all Tier 1/2 apps are basically gone, every FIM Cast app in the app section is Tier 3 by default. I was being poked by someone *looks into the direction of the science lab* with a PM that I have to write it infront of my app nevertheless.

May we change that maybe? Since all Cast apps are T3 by default I don't see a reason for this. I know its a very minor thing, but it saves the staff the time they need to write a PM and people don't have to think about adding anything into the title anymore except for the Name and Status. Aka it is simplified for all apps then.

I'm super perfectionistic and that [Tier 3] is really bugging me. :x

Hi! There's a reason that we have T1/2 applications PMed, which is to promote an environment free of bias from the staff that would vote on the application. In the event that an application has no competition, a vote is held to review the application and decide whether or not it is designed to Mane RP standard. We recently held a vote for Mayor Mare, and while the application had no competition, it still did not pass because the staff felt it needed more detail and personality.

As this is a social community, it's admittedly hard for players and helpers to avoid discussing Cast applications. They are fun to read and critique, and I think they bring an important social adrenaline shot to the roleplay area. However, in doing so, we risk adding bias to the application process, as the staff voting would likely know which application belongs to who.

So, what is the lesser of two evils? Does the community want to view Cast T1/2 apps, but risk biased voting in the application process, or can the staff be trusted to keep things fair and allow the applications to be on display? I think it would be interesting to see what the community really wants, so I think this issue should get another look. As of right now, however, we ask that you follow the procedure we have. Perhaps after the voting process we could make the applications viewable?

eYaaR.png

Oh I think you misunderstood me there Rosie. I only want that I don't have to write [Tier 3] infront of my cast apps that I put into the app section anymore - because - due to how the system works they are Tier 3 by default.

What does the zerg-sign under your post?^^

I have two related questions: If a Tier 1/2 app is accepted, will it be posted in the Accepted Apps section? I noted the old cast apps were still there. Also, what do we do if we need to update cast apps for any reason (for example, if Lyra suddenly got a big part in a new episode and I needed to put that in her app)?

• Like 1

That's the symbol of the SRP Hive. If you don't want to tag the character as a T3, that's fine. Make sure you indicate in your application that this character is a T3, and tag it appropriately for Cast. :)

Well thanks, I couldn't stand those extra brackets.