Well let's see... If I review the tapes from the privous night, we can clearly see that the person in charge was none other than....

A robot Abraham Lincoln. Huh. What are the odds?

Regardless, I guess I have some good news and some bad news for you:

Good news: As a robot, he doesn't to breathe, so you don't need to stop it

Bad news: Not breathing doesn't affect him in the slightest.

However, if you can make a few calls to the right guy at the electric company, he can cause a localized blackout lasting just long enough to prevent Mr. Robo-Lincoln from recharging his battery, effectively getting the same results. Celestia speed to you.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen it yet, so its still fantastic until proven awful.

But if I'm answering this question hypothetically, I would have to say that paragraph where you just had Doctor Whooves show up for no reason at all. Talk about a Deus Ex Machina.

Something that pops up with no other purpose than too save the day, or provide an answer to the given problem.

For something to classify as Deus Ex Machina, it has too:

1) Completely solve the problem, no half solving it before walking away or anything

2) It must appear as the solution to a priviously unsolvable problem or insurmountable obstacle

3) It must be a completely new element to the problem.

Example: Take the classic logic problem of you, your boat, your wolf, your rabbit, and your lettuce, only add a wolf on both sides of the river. Seems impossible to solve without having the rabbit getting eaten, or having the two wolves fight each other, doesn't it? Now imagine Huckleberry Finn happens to sail by the river in his raft, and he decides to help you out, so between the two of you the entire problem is narrowed down to one trip across the river with nothing left behind. Finn is the Deus Ex Machina in this case, because his entire purpose for this puzzle was for him to help you out.

Wow, that was far too serious. Hoped it helped you out though.

14-c, actually. Oh wait nonononono... I shouldn't have said that.

Ignore that bit about dimension 14-c, nothing more than a flight of fancy. I am actually from here, as in Earth, and not any dimension 14-b, and especially not 14-c. Yup, good 'ol Earth. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Yes.

funny story about that... you see, I use too live in 14-b, but then I decided there was this huge mishap involving several elder evils possessing year-old-moldy pudding in my fridge. The resulting battle rendered the place uninhabitable, so I moved.

To apartment 13-a.