Am I allowed to rant to you? I don't care if you say no, sooo.......

Ok, so I got a Bamboo Splash!!! :kissy:

But my laptop doesn't have a CD port.....What should I do!? And yes, I totally overlooked this when receiving the tablet.....Know of any good external CD port thingies?

Wow how did I skip this. Well here's what I do. Go to the Wacom official website and download the driver and software that would come with your tablet. :3 Simple solution.

Off the record, I do this whenever I lose the installation CD for my printers, tablets, etc.

Wow how did I skip this. Well here's what I do. Go to the Wacom official website and download the driver and software that would come with your tablet. :3 Simple solution.

Off the record, I do this whenever I lose the installation CD for my printers, tablets, etc.

You can do that? :shock:

So that way I have both CD's on my laptop and I don't need a CD port? :| Mind = Blown

Wait, another question (me disregarding answer)

I only need the installation CD to down load the software then I never need it again, right?

So I'd only need the software bundle disc after installing the installation disc?

Life of a Internet and tablet n00b

You can do that? :shock:

So that way I have both CD's on my laptop and I don't need a CD port? :| Mind = Blown

Wait, another question (me disregarding answer)

I only need the installation CD to down load the software then I never need it again, right?

So I'd only need the software bundle disc after installing the installation disc?

Life of a Internet and tablet n00b

I may have led you in the wrong direction. If I'm not mistaken there was an art program CD that came with your tablet. Art Rage, Corel Painter or something. You won't be able to get that from the Wacom website, just the drivers so that you can have all the functions (pen pressure, etc) of the tablet.

Yep, you only need the installation CD to install the drivers and software then you'll never need them again (unless you uninstall the software or format/wipe your computer)

I may have led you in the wrong direction. If I'm not mistaken there was an art program CD that came with your tablet. Art Rage, Corel Painter or something. You won't be able to get that from the Wacom website, just the drivers so that you can have all the functions (pen pressure, etc) of the tablet.

Yep, you only need the installation CD to install the drivers and software then you'll never need them again (unless you uninstall the software or format/wipe your computer)

Oh, ok! And, yes, I believe it's Art Rage. Wait......So I still need a CD port for that.....Or I could search the interwebz for a similar art program, right?

Installation CD, install, put in a safe never to be seen again. ;)

Thank you LM!! :)

Oh, ok! And, yes, I believe it's Art Rage. Wait......So I still need a CD port for that.....Or I could search the interwebz for a similar art program, right?

Installation CD, install, put in a safe never to be seen again.

Thank you LM!! :)

Yep! The net has plenty of artsy-farsty programs to choose from, like Photoshop or Painttool SAI. I personally have never used the art programs that come packaged with the tablet, but from my experience, you're not missing out on anything.