A Friend in Need ( Open )

MorningDawn

MorningDawn was shocked to hear this, he couldn't help but notice that he was shedding a small tear. Ponies should stop judging, all MorningDawn wants is a family. A real one, one that he can hold on to, " Welcome to the family...." He couldn't stop the words from coming out of his mouth. He grabbed the changeling and opened the door so he could enter. He showed him inside and looked at the two, " Are you going to come in or what?"

Anger began to swell in her. "Thats all you've been to us! Whenever we see you, you try and feed off us. It is sick! And no matter what your history, attempting to destroy and enslave a population is never the answer! So try and justify yourself. Tell me why I shouldnt just blast you on the spot." Dusk was surprised at herself. She had learned defensive spells, but she never had to actually use them... She shook her head subtly. This wasnt a pony in front of her. This was a monster and a terrorist, no matter what he claims.

"Wait wha-" He had no time to respond to the foal as he was flung by the mare's magic and landed on the ground with a loud thump. He was so surprised that the foal invited him into their home. But of course he knew it was all to good to be true. Dusk Fade had the same hatred for him that all other adult ponies had, and he knew nothing he could say or do would make her forgive him.

Lightning walked up to MorningDawn hiding behind the changeling. [colour=#a52a2a]"MorningDawn, that wasn't very nice."[/colour][colour=#000000] He said. [/colour]He turmed around to Dusk. [colour=#a52a2a]"And it wouldn't hurt to hear his side of the story. He's not hurting anybody right now."[/colour]

Dusk Fade stared at Morning Dawn. She hadent even known the colt for a day, yet the thought of loosing him, especially to a changeling, hurt her. A tear started streaming down her cheek [colour=#4b0082]"If you knew what his kind has done... His kind has killed ponies!" [/colour]She said in a sudden outburst of anger. [colour=#4b0082] "His kind has murdered innocent ponies, and for what? What did the killing get them? They are still in exile, abandoned by the rest of Equestria to the arctic north, far north of the Crystal Empire. They took lives, beautiful lives..." [/colour]She broke down in tears.

Lightning walked up to Dusk and put a hoof on her shoulder, comforting her. [colour=#a52a2a]"But that doesn't mean, their all bad, right? He might be distrusting of us, because of the hate towards him." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lightning's tone was beginning to sound wise[/colour]. [colour=#a52a2a]"Maybe if we get to know him, it wouldn't be so bad. I know what his kind has done is wrong, but he wasn't the one that done those things."[/colour]

Despite the sudden snap, Lightning remained calm. [colour=#a52a2a]"I may not know, but I'm willing give him a chance." [/colour][colour=#000000]His tone was calm, but had a hint of stern to it.[/colour]

Dusk slumped down, her angry energy spent. [colour=#4b0082]"Fine. He can explain himself. Maybe he should have done that in the first place, instead of trying to play these games..." [/colour]She glared angrily at the changeling.

Dopple looked at the three ponies. "What is the point of explaining myself when you do not want to hear it? You wouldn't believe me anyway...." Right now he was only focusing his eyes on the mare he truly wanted to see what she was feeling. "Who did my people hurt that were close to you?" It wasn't that hard to see she had a lot of hate for him it only made sense if she lost someone close to her because of his race.

Lightning looked to the changeling. [colour=#a52a2a]"I now you don't trust us, because of other ponies' hatred toward you from your race, but I'm willing to trust you, if you trust me."[/colour]

She stared at the changeling, reveling in the chance to finally confront those who had torn her life apart. But then she started to think about... Him... She couldnt be angry thinking of him. Despite all the years, despite the distance. [colour=#4b0082]"We were supposed to be together forever... We were going to get married the week after the Royal wedding... He died defending me. From..." [/colour]She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to hold back the flood of tears. [colour=#4b0082]"He died protecting me from you!"[/colour]

Lightning looked back at Dusk, sadness in his eyes from her loss. He walked up to her and hugged her for comfort. [colour=#a52a2a]"It's ok, you can cry as much as you want."[/colour][colour=#000000] He said in a soothing voice.[/colour]

"oh...." It was all he could say. He stood up and looked at Dusk Fade. "I shall trouble you no further..." She had every right to hate him. Now that he knew this he had to live with hit. Yes he had killed ponies at the wedding. He didn't know if he himself killed her fiancé but did it matter? He certainly didn't think so. He turned to her before leaving. "You want to know why I am here....I'm ashamed..."

Lightning looks to the changeling, but instead with anger his eyes were calm. Even after hearing of what happened at the wedding, he still feels for both sides. [colour=#a52a2a]"You could start over"[/colour][colour=#000000] He said to him.[/colour]

The deep violet mare sat in silence, tears running down her face. She hadnt thought about him, hadnt allowed herself to think about him, for so long... And here was this reminder, slamming her back into the past. She looked around to the colt, the alicorn who seemed to be more, and the changeling who may have single hoofedly ruined her life. "Dont go." she said quietly. "Come. Lets go inside..."

Lightning looked at MorningDawn, then at Dusk as he got up and walked over to the changeling. [colour=#a52a2a]"I can tell you regret your previous actions, why don't we go inside and discuss it. If you don't want to, I understand." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said in a wise tone. This changeling may have taken someone important to Dusk, but[/colour] did he do it on his own free will?

The three ponies and the changeling went inside. Dusk Fade, despite protests and advice to sit, made everypony hot drinks. Hot chocolate for the colts, and coffee for her and Dopple. After they settled in their respective seats, Dusk turned to Dopple. In a solem voice, she asked "Please. Tell us what happened..."