Hey Mister DJ

Daa da da dun tis tis tis tis daa da da dun tis tis tis tis; that's the noise that could be heard anywhere near DJ Neighsay went around the grand ballroom, as usual he had his headphones blaring, drowning out the more soft music that was playing out through the place; he was dressed up in his tux that he had bought down in Ponyville from Glitzen, it was solid black with an orange lightning bolt going down both sides of the breast of the jacket and had odd rings around the cuffs of the arms and legs of it that changed colour and left a light trail as he walked along, "Starry eyed girl, you rock my world, I don't wanna see you with any other! Starry eyed girl, you rocked my world tonight, can't have no other~" he sang to himself as he roamed around; he had came looking for Neon Pop, who, he had heard, may be at the Gala; ever since their meeting at the cafe, he had become rather smitten with the pop princess; only a few ponies had recognized who he was, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of techno lovers at this kind of shindig, but with any luck, he may make some friends that have connections here and be able to actually play at the Gala someday.

Knightly was walking around the gala hoping to find someone he knew. He was walking and notice Dubstep from when he showed him around Ponyville. Knightly trotted up to Dub he was in his light suit of armor with gold trimming on the edges it was his most formal armor that he had. "Hey Dub its Knightly from Ponyville how has your gala night been so far." It seemed he didn't have much to do around here himself so it probably had been boring but Knightly wanted to ask anyway to start up conversation.

"Hmm? OH! Hey Knightly, how you been man?" Dubstep asked giving his friend a quick hug; it had been a while since he saw the knight who helped him around Ponyville on his first day in town, it was great to see him again, "I'm having a groovy time; wondering if Neon's here or not though; how about you brah? How's your night goin eh?" the DJ asked as he slipped off his headphones, which made the music sound that much louder.

"Hehe still going for Neon I see. Well I got to talk to Celestia again since the last time I did which was when I quite the knights. I thought I was going to be nervous talking to her again but it was actually a pleasant surprise really. I was also surprised that she recognized me. There was also a big scene that happened right in front of her that a mare bumped into a griffin but the griffin was such a gentlegriffin." His gala night was pretty eventful so far he enjoyed it.

"Oh whoa, that's pretty wicked; yeah it was really shivy to meet the Princess, never got to talk to royalty before!" Dubstep said with a smile before starting on his rant about Neon, the pop princess who stole his heart, "Heh, yeeeaah~ Neon's...oh man words can't describe, she's just like, so gorgeous ya know? It's like, they broke the mold when they made her...her eyes, her mane, her smile, it's just...ahhh so perfect heheh" he said wearing a goofy grin, his dual coloured eyes sparkling behind his silver shuttershades.

Knightly smiled. "Ya its true its great to be able to talk to Princess Celestia. I just hope we get to see the other princess, Princess Luna." He listened to Dub as he ranted about Neon and his love for her. He smiled at his dedication. "It seems you really love Neon Pop. I'm sure she is a great person under her music star exterior. I hope you can get together with her." Knightly looked sad now with his ears down on his head and a sad look on his face. "I just wish I could find my own significant other at this gala or somewhere."

Wind Mist had finally reached for the ball room, and that truly made her eyes sparkle. It was so full of amazing objects, so many scents, so many ponies! Princess Celestia's Castle was truly something she had always admired, but never dared to visit. However, now she had an invitation. And she could stay there for the whole night! It would be so amazing, being allowed to appreciate Celestia's amazing collection of art. She was specially amazed by the Princess' statue, made specially to the occasion.

The young mare was wearing her seethrough dress, made of the purest silk from a far away land. Stitched to it were several golden threads that formed beautiful patterns, including swirls, dots, and intricate drawings. Near her neck, it had beautiful cotton frills that embelished the rest of her dress even more. Even her bandage matched her dress, and she now had a robin feather on her ear instead of her usual one. Of course that her muzzle veil was still there, covering her in a mysterious way. Yet she smiled beneath it, as if keeping everything to herself.

In that happiness, she flapped her wings for a few moments, only lifting her hooves a few inches from the ground. She giggled softly, passing by the pair of brightful ponies that were talking happily.

neonpheadcopy.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

The Grand Galloping Gala! It was a night Neon was waiting for... so one would think. In all honesty, she wanted to stay hidden in her home, away from the ponyrazzi, reporters, fans. Sure she loved it all, but honestly, she was getting tired, and yeah, it was starting to show. Least to the ponies that knew her well enough, the fans that paid attention to her closely. It was actually her manager that made her go, telling her that she needed to get out and in the papers once more, that she needed more spotlight, as if she needed it. With a heavy heart and weary eyes, Neon got dressed.

It was easy to tell when she entered the room, heads turned, ponies started talking, flashes from cameras started, and a crowd surrounded her. Even among the hoity-toity tight wads of the rich and famous, ponies still appreciated her, and once in the ballroom, her horn glowed and sparkled, making her markings flash in a beat similar to one of her songs. Only one other pony in the room would even catch that, and Neon had yet to spot him.

The mare came dressed elegantly this time, with hardly anything outlandish as she usually did. She knew there was always a time and place. Though it was not as bright as her usual, it was something a bit more noticeable then most. Her dress was a simple white, shimmering in the dim light with each movement she took, lace and several layers of frill added texture. Around her torso was her usual tight fitting top, with a diamond cut on her chest to show the plum of her pelt. Her hooves where nestled into silver shimmering shoes with ribbon twisting up her legs. The usual neon colored mane that was typical of Neon, was actually died a faint pink today, wrapped up in a messy, bun and loose curls, almost having a crimp to the locks. Atop her head was a small hat, white with satin ribbon, and a teal colored rose, with silver rings wrapped around it. And to top the look off, silver eyeshadow. Yes cameras flashed as she painted on her smile and greeted a few fans.

It was good showmanship to keep that smile. Though among the small crowd, she didn't manage to spot Dubstep who made his way further into the ballroom, right now she was too focused on signing napkins, albums, and random bits of paper. Sad that even here, she couldn't get a break, and after a while, she was starting to look a bit flustered.

Guest ZiraStarfollower

Nightshade slinked into the ballroom, looking about at all the ponies dancing. He adjusted his black tux and bowtie, cleared his throat, and slowly waded through the sea of dancers, heading for the sidelines where he hoped to charm some filly. As he finally made it to the other side of the room, he scanned the ponies who weren't dancing. Wow, there are some righteous babes here, he thought to himself, flashing a smile. However, as he looked about, he caught sight of someone very familiar to him...someone who was family. It was his older brother, Dubstep, whom he hadn't seen in ages. Suddenly forgetting all about the fillies, he rushed over to say hello.

'Dub! Brah! How's it goin?' He said cheerily, giving his big bro a big hug. 'Dude, I've missed you so much. FillyD ain't the same without you.'

• 2 weeks later...

"Can't ever give up hope though brah." Dubstep said to Knightly, placing a friendly hoof on his shoulder, "Love takes time you know? Can't rush it or you may end up having it pass you by, know what I mean?" he stated to his friend; not that Dub was really a love guru, heck he'd never been in a relationship to tell the truth, but it never stopped him from trying to cheer a friend up.

As Dubstep smiled and politely nodded to a charmingly dressed pegasus who passed by with a giggle, his ears pricked up when he heard a familiar voice calling out his name. Turning around the DJ was greeted with a hug by his younger brother, Nightshade, "Nighty! Dude how've you been eh?" he asked, returning the hug with a smile, "Missed you too little bro; oh, where's my head at heh; Knightly, this is my little brother Nightshade! Nighty, this is Knightly, he showed me around Ponyville when I first got here. Dude, man it's really groovy seeing you how are..." Dubstep was saying until was stopped mid sentence...he heard...shutters and the sound of a crowd gathering, "Hold that thought." Dub said as he walked towards the source; sure enough it was just as he thought, the pop princess herself was here, signing autographs, but something was off, she looked listless from all the hubbub going on, "Hmm, I'll never get anywhere without taking a few chances..." the DJ said to himself as he moved closer into the autograph line, though his thoughts were far and away from making her sign more.

As the line went on, Dub's turn finally came around, with a smile he spoke to Neon, "Hey Neon, remember me?" he asked with a smile while saying a silent prayer that she did, though there wasn't much reason for her to remember some B-List DJ that lived in a tent in Ponyville.

neonpheadcopy.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

Neon's eyes looked to the familiar voice through the crowd of ritzy fan and her smile grew more genuine. It was a relief to see a face she knew and was comfortable with, plus it gave her the excuse to leave the crowd. Quietly she started excusing her self from everyone, making her way to Dub as fast as she could, and gently shaking off any more autographs and pictures. "Dubstep! Of course I remember you! After an album of working together, you'd think I wouldn't forget!" Neon said cheerfully as she leaned in and kissed his cheek. Flashes of light erupted around them, before she stomped her hoof and shooed them. Neon was fed up, she was tired, and she actually just wanted to spend time with a friend.

The fans scurried off quickly, and Neon knew that in a few days, even the next day, that kiss on the cheek was going to bite her in the flank. "I'm actually happy to see you. Its more comforting to have a friend in these types of places. So how have you been, Dubby?"