How 'bout Them Let's Plays?

DarkStar

Greetings helpstaff, moderators, and possibly moderators!

It's me again, with yet another 'questionable' topic in the seemingly endless barrage of questions of curiosity!

I was just wondering about the idea of the 'Let's Play', i.e. those videos that we all know of where there's some random person talking into a handy dandy microphone while they play theirs, and possibly others' favorite video games(I wonder if that could also work with board games...). I've been thinking about starting up one of those, but I can't help but feel very nervous of the kinds of games I play.

My ideas for gameplay videos are things such as Doom/Heretic/Hexen, Quake, and oldies like that. Maybe even MDK and Mirror's Edge as a nod to modern gamers... and I also know that these games, at least some of them, have a feature where you can switch off the blood and gore and such(some of them have swearing in them, but I'll be sure to edit that out). Some others, like the 1997 made MDK, it doesn't even look like blood. Just green little flakes flying off of polygon made aliens, and that never grossed me out even as a little boy... if anything, it was quite amusing. Anyway, that's pretty much my point of interest here, would it be alright if I posted 'Let's Plays' of these kinds of games?

Unfortunately due to companies and providers like Microsoft recently entering new "Game Content Usage Rules" preventing the above we won't allow those at this time.

(Besides, the community would surely appreciate original content anyway, right?)