Google Ads Appearing Within Threads

Bellosh

Has anybody lately seen those Google ads embedded within forum threads where four posts into the topic, some tiny ad banner pops up? I don't recall ever seeing that happen until a couple days ago; are those ads supposed to be there now?

Whilst they don't make a whole lot, the Adsense ads take a little of the ouch out of server rent.

Blocking adds without donating doesn't help us out. Please love the community by not allowing ad-blockers to stop Canterlot from displaying. :(

Note:

We use Google Adsense because they're not very big, don't impact the loading of the site much and google is one of the more trusted providers.

If any adverts appear that are not via Google Adsense, check your browser/computer for malware. At canterlot.com we ONLY use and trust Adsense.

We also do not use any pop-ups.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I see that all the ads have turned into automated-posts by the so-called "Paying the Bills". I must say, I rather like the avatar Mr. Bills has. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One of the main problems I am having with ads, is that it's making my Shockwave crash constantly, and is causing various instability while trying to load this site... I get how Google ads work, and I want to keep them on, but how do you stop these problems from persisting?

Interesting. Canterlot.com has always been a pretty good loading page for me. Sometimes it gets slow either because of traffic, or updates, but never because of ads. Perhaps you just need an upgraded system?

Lol. It's an easy fix guys. I had the same problem. Go into your computer files, and search InfoAtoms. Uninstall that little bugger, and they should all go away. Also, a minor one that causes certain words to randomly become links. It's called Coupon Companion Plugin. Uninstall/Delete it, and that should take care of your problems. It only takes out the unauthorized pop-ups from your browser, leaving Canterlot's ads right where they are suppose to be, perfectly intact.

To go with what frostfauna has said,

We only use Google Adsense, which means there won't be any popups or nasty things that gather information etc.

If you experience popups or crashes etc there is only one problem: Your Browser/setup.

To fix:

Try a different (better?) browser, eg; stop using FailFox. Firefox isn't the 'amazing future browser' it used to be 5 years ago. Today it SUCKS compared to Internet Explorer 10 and Chrome. (IE 10 is the ONLY 64bit browser that isn't an unstable beta right now!)

Remove and stop installing plugins/extensions you don't need.

Re-install flash. Most people install it and then never look back but there's probably a newer version with bug fixes.

To fix:

Try a different (better?) browser, eg; stop using FailFox. Firefox isn't the 'amazing future browser' it used to be 5 years ago. Today it SUCKS compared to Internet Explorer 10 and Chrome. (IE 10 is the ONLY 64bit browser that isn't an unstable beta right now!)

Remove and stop installing plugins/extensions you don't need.

Re-install flash. Most people install it and then never look back but there's probably a newer version with bug fixes.

I actually use Chrome. But I would have to look into getting my flash updated, it keeps crashing on me. :-|

Thanks Artax.