[Whitetail Wood] Foxglove's Dilemna (Open)

It was another lovely day in Whitetail Wood. The birds were singing, the bees were buzzing and most animals were avoiding Foxglove's cottage, nestled as it was within a tangle of wildflowers.

This didn't faze the light-magenta pony, who hummed happily to herself as she liberally sprinkled her plants with water and fertilizer. The day had started beautifully for Foxglove, she'd woken up as the sun rose and had a lovely strawberry cake with her tea. The pony smiled as she carefully examined her morning glories for signs of disease.

It was around this time when a large package flew out from a carriage and landed on her garden path, breaking Foxglove's concentration and causing her to startle. She craned her neck to look at the perpetrator of this heinous crime against nature.

"MAIL!" yelled the perpetrator cheerily as he trotted by, pulling his cart behind him.

"Goodness." said Foxglove.

She put aside her garden tools and went to inspect the package. There were her usual orders for various perfumes and... what was this? A golden ticket?

Foxglove quickly skimmed the letter it was attached to, then stared at the ticket in disbelief.

She didn't quite know what to do with it.

Guest ZiraStarfollower

Nightshade had received a ticket to the Gala. He couldn't believe it. Me? How in the hay did I get invited? Well, whatever the reason, he was glad, and thoroughly excited. Already his mother had ordered a tux for him. 'My little Nightshade, going to the Gala! What a lovely surprise!' She had said, nuzzling him as if he were but a foal.

And now here he was, flying over Whitetail Wood. He just had to go see his friend Foxglove and tell her the good news. This was no doubt a once-in-a-lifetime thing, for a commoner to be invited to the Gala, and so he wasn't going to miss it for the world. He flew slowly over her house, circling it, descending gradually until he landed on the garden path, touching the ground with barely a whisper of a sound. He saw Foxglove standing there, looking at her mail, with a look of utter confusion on her face. He forgot about his news for a second, curious as to what was wrong.

'Heya Foxglove! What's up? You seem a bit nonplussed.'

Foxglove startled and took a few steps backwards, looking over at the gate to see who had come a-calling. She smiled as she recognised the other pony.

"Oh, Nightshade, it's you. Please come in." she said, rather surprised at the unexpected visit, "Why, it's not normal for you to come by at this time. I don't think it's Wednesday yet... or is it? I fear I haven't been counting the days..."

As she watched Nightshade, Foxglove began to pack away her mail, putting most of it in her saddlebag, "Oh. I just received the most curious piece of correspondence, which I'm sure must have been sent to me erroneously. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. But... please come in. You look so terribly excited, you must tell me all about it."

With that, Foxglove ushured her young friend down the garden path and toward her cosy little cottage.

• 4 weeks later...