[Las Pegasus] Bowlin' [OPEN]

SonicRainboomGirl

awz2nk.jpg

Split Pins rolled lazily out of bed. He didn't want to get up...so he went back to sleep. Then he didn't really feel like sleeping. So, he got up and grabbed a snack. At least, he would have if there was anything to eat in his house. The stallion hadn't been out grocery shopping in a while. He hadn't felt like it, and why do anything you don't feel like doing?

The stallion threw on a comfortable shawl that protected from Las Pegasus's harsh sunshine. He shook out his tangled mane a bit and sneezed, wiping his nose with a hoof. He felt like bowling, as usual, so he set off for the local bowling alley.

He hadn't made it three feet out of his doorway when he went back inside to go to the bathroom. He always seemed to forget that kind of stuff. He then walked out the door again and started towards the bowling alley. He arrived soon enough, picked out a pair of bowling shoes, and picked out a light ball. He'd never want to strain his back, of course. He wanted some teammates to play with and decided to wait around for someone. Anyone, really.

"Nobody's going to wanna bowl with you anymore, Splitty," said the manager of the alley, who was closeby anyways. Split Pins hadn't even noticed him there before. Then again, Split hardly noticed much.

[colour=#008080]"Why not?" [/colour]Split asked, confused.

"You always fall asleep!" responded the manager, laughing. Split rolled his eyes.

[colour=#008080]"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man,"[/colour] Split responded, smoothly. He sat down. He loved sitting down. Then he simply waited patiently for his teammates to arrive. After all, he had all the time in the world to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Bohemian Blank popped rather gingerly through the doors of the bowling alley, not really sure why it was he had the sudden urge to try out bowling. After all, he hadn't bowled in a long, long time! With a small pep in his step, he picked out the most colourful bowling shoes he could find, and then proceeded to pick out a ball. As with the shoes, he grabbed the most colourful one, which was heavier than he expected, almost dropped it as he first picked it up. He gave a sheepish grin to a nearby pony who had watched him in the act.[colour=#696969] "Hehe, it's 'kay, I've got it..."[/colour] he said through his blush. With a small grunt, he lugged it towards the lanes.

He almost passed the stallion sitting by himself, had he not noticed the coffee-colour of the pony's coat. He stopped rather abruptly, almost falling over what-with the momentum of the heavy bowling ball he was carrying. [colour=#696969]"Hi,"[/colour] he said with a small smile. [colour=#696969]"I'm Bohemian Blank. Are you here by yourself?"[/colour] Bo asked, not noticing any other ponies around him.

awz2nk.jpg

Split Pins, who was half asleep, looked over at his new compadre and smiled. He noticed that this new stallion had picked out some pretty colourful bowling shoes, and Split liked that. Showed guts. The ball, too, was very colourful. Split Pins was reminded suddenly of an old lady-friend who loved to paint. Grinning, he greeted the pony calmly.

[colour=#008080]"Hey, man. Yeah, I'm here by myself. Are you, like, waitin' on someone or something?"[/colour]

Bohemian grinned wide, enjoying the way the other stallion talked. [colour=#696969]"No, I just stopped by to try out bowling again. I was in town for a family reunion thing, but that's not for another few hours."[/colour] said the grey stallion. Bo adjusted his glasses and took the seat beside the earth pony. [colour=#696969]"Mind if I bowl with you?"[/colour] he asked bluntly, setting his heavy ball down next to him.

awz2nk.jpg

Split Pins nodded and pointed towards a little notecard that was there to track a player's score. Split had already written his name down sloppily and there was definitely room for another player beneath his signature.

[colour=#008080]"Go ahead. But let me clarify something with you, if I may. I'm not Mr. Pins. I'm The Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness…Duder…or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing."[/colour]

Split Pins lifted his scorecard up for Bo to see, and sure enough it read[colour=#008080] The Dude[/colour].

Bohemian Blank stood up, walking softly over to the notecard. With a little levitation he wrote down his name in simple, slightly curling script that was clear to read. He quickly turned to look Split Pins the eye as he spoke to him, feeling it was most appropriate to do so. He chuckled softly, nodding at Pins, or, The Dude, as he preferred.

[colour=#696969]"Okay, Dude, if you say so."[/colour] he walked back over to Split Pins and, with scorecard in the air next to him, took his seat once more. He set his scorecard down on the table nearby, face up, and relaxed a bit. [colour=#696969]"So, Dude, do you live around here?"[/colour] he decided to ask, not really liking the silence much.

awz2nk.jpg

Split yawned again, and lifted his ball into his lap. They would need a few more players, but Split always had time to make new friends anyways. Split hardly had time for others, because he didn't really have time for anything. However, he wasn't anti-social or anything.

[colour=#008080]"Yeah, I live around here. What about you, man? Are you, like...local?"[/colour]

Bo chuckled quietly. It had been a while since he'd ever took time to relax for a second and talk to somepony, and he was enjoying himself quite a bit. But, Bo's odd schedules aside, he decided to let himself go for the day. After all, all work (even if that primarily consists of painting) and no play makes Bohemian Blank a dull colt!

[colour=#696969]"Well, actually, I'm from Manehatten. I'm in town for an art exhibition I'm hoping to get featured in."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

awz2nk.jpg

An artist! Split Pins had never really met an artist before. Well, other than his one lady-friend who liked to paint. Split couldn't draw hardly at all, nothing beyond crude doodles during class. This really interested him, and he decided to ask Bohemian Blank about his hobby.

[colour=#008080]"That's cool, man, what kind of art do you do?"[/colour]

Bo grinned. He always loved it when somepony asked about his art! [colour=#808080]"Well, I like to paint and most of two-dimensional art mediums, but I'm not really good with sculpturing or stuff like that."[/colour] said he. Bo rubbed at his bowling ball, rather absent minded. [colour=#808080]"How about you, Dude, do you do anything 'sides bowl?"[/colour]

awz2nk.jpg

Split Pins thought carefully, wracking his brain for some kind of cohesive answer. He sure did sleep a lot, did that count? Probably not. He really liked music, and he always seemed to be getting into wacky adventures. But hobbies besides bowling? There didn't appear to be any.

[colour=#008080]"Nah, bowling is pretty much my thing, man. Sometimes I, uh, you know, get into crazy adventures and stuff, but not on purpose."[/colour]