[Sugarcube Corner] Foaling Around - (Private; QuickLime)

Rosewind

kqTYG.png

Pumpkin Cake yawned loudly as afternoon sunlight filtered into her bedroom. Her brother Pound was likely out with her parents. In fact, the whole of Sugarcube Corner seemed strangely empty. [colour=#efa845]"Wah?" [/colour]she said, sticking her hoof in her mouth. She blinked her little blue eyes as the door to her bedroom door burst open. Pinkie Pie trotted to the side of the crib with a worried look on her face. She lifted her out of the crib and cradled her in her arms. [colour=#ED458B]"I know I was supposed to foalsit you, but Rarity needs me to help her at her store for a big order, and you know how she is with foals hanging around her Boutique!" [/colour]Pumpkin rolled her eyes at the pink party pony. [colour=#efa845]"Pfft!" [/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]"Sshh! Don't worry, sweetie! I found you a new foalsitter! Just for a little while. She's sweet as sugar and so much fun! She should be over soon, so let's head downstairs!"[/colour] Before Pumpkin could respond (as well as a baby pony could), she felt herself whisked out of her room, her orange ducktail mane bobbing up and down as Pinkie brought her downstairs in a hurry. She was set on top of a floury counter as Pinkie finished grabbing a saddlebag.

Knock, knock, knock...

The baby pony looked to the door. Her foalsitting replacement cometh!

Silver Spoon stood nervously behind the door, pushing her glasses up with a slightly trembling hoof, she had never babysat before, atleast without someone else there, but she needed the bits for a project she was working on and Pinkie had needed a last minute sitter! She was more than eager to try her hoof at this! She tentatively knocked on the door, and then shut her eyes tightly, mentally and physically waiting for this! SHE WAS GOING TO SIT THE HAY OUT OF THAT BABY!

• 5 weeks later...

Pumpkin Cake's little blue eyes widened. Another foalsitter besides Pinkie?! [colour=#efa845]"Waaaaa!" [/colour]She called out fussily, tears beginning to stream down her cheeks. Pinkie Pie made for the door, opening it with gusto. She planted a hug around the grey filly, squeezing tightly. [colour=#ED458B]"Miss Sp~oon! Thank you so, so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so...[/colour]

Five minutes later...

[colour=#ED458B]...so so sooooooo much for coming on such short notice! Little Pumpkin and you are sure to have LOTS of fun! There are cupcakes and punch in the cooler, diapers and things're in her room...oh, and don't touch her rattle. She can't stand anypony touching her rattle. You know about her little magic spurts right? No? You can discover them together!"[/colour] Pinkie Pie released Silver Spoon and hopped over to little Pumpkin, who looked anything but happy. She glared up at Pinkie with a frown twisted on her little face. [colour=#efa845]"Grr!" [/colour]Pinkie picked up the baby unicorn and smooched her chubby little cheek, smiling. [colour=#ED458B]"Behave for Silver Spoon honey, I'll be back as soon as I can...if your parents don't beat me home first!"[/colour] Pinkie plopped Pumpkin in front of the filly. Pumpkin stuck her tongue at her defiantly. [colour=#ED458B]"If you need anything or have a problem, scream re~al loudly, okay?! Like this: AAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Got it? Super duperooski!" [/colour]

Pinkie Pie waved and hopped for the door, waved, blew a kiss to Pumpkin, and was gone. Pumpkin looked to Silver Spoon, her little arms crossed. Let the foalsitting begin!