She Reminds Me of Somepony...

Trombone2525

This is a story that I wrote, inspired by a picture I found on DeviantArt. I will attach the picture when I can, but for now, any critique on the story would be greatly appreciated :) This is my first attempt at fan fiction.

[colour=#282828]Celestia collapsed into her private chambers, exhausted. Her new student, a young filly named Twilight Sparkle, had taken all the energy from the Solar Princess. What made her think she was even ready to take on a new student? With the dust from the simultanious Minatoar Wars, and the Griffin Civil War still settling, Celestia had enough to do as it was. The choosing of a student, however, was not a choice Celestia could make. A filly with that much raw magical power could not be ignored, no matter the political state of Equestria. The white alicorn sighed as she laid down on her bed. It didnt help that this particular filly had as much physical and mental energy as she did magical. Whenever Celestia took young Twilight out on trots through the Royal Gardens, the filly was constantly bouncing ahead, questioning, then moving on before recieving an answer. [/colour][colour=#282828]Her thirst for knowledge was unquenchable, and Celestia had a difficult time keeping up. It was times like this Celestia really wished...[/colour]

[colour=#282828]The doors burst open. A young Twilight Sparkle pranced into the room, bouncing about like a certain pink pony she would eventually befriend. "Princess, Princess! Guess what I read! Guess, guess!" Twilight said as she bounced about. But before the Princess could respond, she began spouting descriptions of the latest spell or unicorn she had been reading about. Celestia already knew whatever Twilight was telling her, and she was about to force the filly out when something gave her pause. A memory flashed in her mind, a memory long since passed, yet suddenly very clear. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]A young Luna burst into her older sisters room. "Cellie, Cellie," the young alicorn cried. "I did it! I made a Night Pedal bloom!" Luna bounced around the room, a flower, usually only seen at nightfall, set in her mane, a magical aura surrounding it. [/colour][colour=#282828]Celestia almost erupted on her sister, berating her disregard for personal space, and Celestia's privacy. Instead, however, she had stayed calm, reveling in her sisters triumph instead of resenting it. "Thats amazing Lu-Lu! Soon, you may even move the moon itself!"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Back in the modern bed chambers of Celestia, she recognized her long lost sister in her new, rambunctious student. She smiled. "Thats great, Twilight. Come, tell me more of your studies." Celestia said, making room for the filly. It was then she knew, and promised herself she would never give up on Twilight. At that moment, Celestia knew that this hyperactive filly would be the key to bringing her sister back. And that was worth all the sleepless nights in Equestria.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]And that's all she wrote so far. Any typos I may have made, or any suggestions to make the story better would help. Yes, it is supposed to be short. It's just a little slice of time. It will probably make more sense in conjunction with the picture, but I'm at school, and I cant get to DeviantArt right now. Thanks everypony![/colour]

• 10 months later...

Archived