The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

And this place got a little more boring he thought to himself . Shimmer was the only pony that played video games with him , and he was always bored because no pony played(video games) with him.*sigh* he walked to the mess hall with two red buffaloes and saw flash . He sat in front of and asked "what's wrong with you?"

( 5 months)

Flash glanced up at Bluestreak, He frowned slightly[colour=#0000FF] "Its nothing bluestreak, Its just......nevermind." [/colour]He said to him. He saw Lightning dust trot into the hall, He smiled to her when she sat at the table. She smiled back and ate her food. Flash continued to eat his breakfast Spitfire had bumped him [colour=#DAA520]"Ready to teach the class soon?" [/colour]She asked him with a hopefull look. Flash nodded in responce and continued to eat.

Twilight sparkle Watched the Academy dissapear. She had alot on her mind, She felt bad for her ability and not being to be able to help Flash. She levitated one of the masks out and looked it over as they floated closer and closer to Canterlot. She stared at one of them. [colour=#800080]"So you think these should be standard issue huh velocity?" [/colour]

(Got it)

Velocity trots over to her, nodding, "Yeah. They'd certainly help our troops, both on the home front and overseas. If these things could be outiftted with some sort of life signal detection, we could find missing ponies, or troublemakers, a whole lot easier. Not to mention they'd help us Pegasi with our flight patterns. And who knows what they'll do for Unicorns or Earth Ponies?" He shrugs, his muscle rolling beneath his sandy coat, "It's a rough pitch, but I think I could come up with something more solid given time. What're your thoughts on the Princess?"

While Twilight and Velocity spoke about the masks, Shikmer dug a pencil and paper from her armor pouch, and began to write, Dear Carmus

It's been a while since we were last in touch, hasn't it? First things first, how're things overseas with the Commander? Going well, I hope. Velocity and I were promoted recently. We're now the personal guards of the newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle, and we've already helped divert one crisis. I would tell you more, but there's just so much I can squeeze onto paper. You and the Commander should come visit when you get the chance. It'd be great to see you guys again.

Love, Shimmer"

((If it's not, the letter is supposed to by italics. I can't make different font colours or bold/italic lettering on a mobile.))

Twilight nodded to Velocity, she held the mask up to the sunlight. She could feel the energy running through the mask. She Was Marveled at how this object could hold so much power. She looked to Velocity [colour=#800080]"Celestia? Or luna? If its celestia youre asking about i think that she wil be adressing the commotion at the Academy soon. And as for Luna, i think that she must have taught Dawn quite a bit about relics and deep magic. These masks are truly powerfull." [/colour]She Awnsered him. After a while they had arrived in Canterlot. The guards saluted her and opened the Baloon for her to Proceed. She trotted down the catwalk to her own personal part of the towers. She turned to Velocity and Shimmer, [colour=#800080]"I would like to ask you two to gather Applejack and Rarity from ponyville. I need to test the effects of the masks and i would like to have 2 ponies who wil help the research forward as much as they can. Shimmer, i would also like to ask you to Return to the Academy in 2 days and inform Flash of my findings when they come along." [/colour]She asked of them. She stopped for a moment, she didnt really like giving orders out right and left. it wasnt in her nature, [colour=#800080]"Since dawn did make them for him and all i believe that he has a right to know what i am doing with them." [/colour]She said with a smile. She dissmissed them to go fetch the 2 friends of hers. She closed the doors and levetated all 3 masks onto a table. She began to examine them with Many test spells, She hoped she could find a way to Manipulate the Magic to Add the features Velocity brought up and to find a way to Mass produce the masks somehow.

After breakfast Flash threw his garbage away and trotted back to the table. Lightning dust got up and hugged him " Im going to take Marble home, His foreleg is still badly hurt and he will need more rest." She said to him with a smile. " at least the Academy is safe." she said to him. Flash nodded to her [colour=#0000FF]"Make sure he gets plenty of sleep. Let me know when the wedding is ok?"[/colour] He said to her. Lightning dust nodded and left the mess hall. Later they loaded Marble onto a hot air balloon and they left for home. Flash trotted back to the mess hall and readied himself to begin the days lessons.

Shimmer and Velocity saluted as Twilight gave them their orders. They turned and trotted away to carry them out. As soon as they were outside, Shimmer let out a shrill whistle. Shortly after, a raven swooped down, alighting on Velocity's back. Shimmer stuck the letter she'd written on the ride back in a cylinder on the bird's back, "Take this to Carmus for me, would you?"

The bird cawed and took off, flying in the direction of the Zebra homeland. The siblings kept walking for a few minutes, Velocity stretching his injured wing a few times, "That was one heckuva first assignment, huh?"

Shimmer nodded, "Got that right," she looked at her brother's wing, "We'll take the train to Ponyille, keep you off that wing till it's healed."

One stop at their home and a half an hour later, the two siblings boarded the train to Ponyville. Velocity chuckled, shaking his head as he sat down next to Shimmer, "I'm somewhat worried you get to go back to the Academy." He said, smirking slightly.

Shimmer looked at him, an eyebrow raised, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Her brother jabbed her steel grey side, still smirking, "I saw the way some of the stallion cadets and officers were looking at you!"

She rolled her eyes, "I was wearing pretty unique armor and weapons, of course I'm going to draw attention. So were you."

Velocity shrugged, "I'm only teasing little sister." He glanced past her at the window, "You think Carmus'll get the letter quickly?"

Shimmer nodded, "Drell's got good stamina, he'll make the flight quickly."

Velocity leaned back in his bench, speaking to himself, "One thing's for sure, I'm going to take what downtime I get to brush up on the family history."

Shadow had soon fallen to sleep when he walked to the staffs barracks finding an open bed. He was exhausted and slept easily. After a few hours of sleep he awake and yawned as he hit the showers having a hard time keeping his wing dry. He walked along the academy and found some of the debris had been picked up but the place was still in ruins. [colour=#0000ff] ".I really needa talk to Spitfire[/colour]" he sighed as he walked finding her and smiled. [colour=#0000ff]"heya spit, im sorry to ask this but, i think i need to take a month or two off of performing cant do much with a broken wing ya know?" [/colour] He chuckles looking around.[colour=#0000ff] "...Man, this place got hit hard"[/colour]

Gadget moved about the academy, trying to avoid most of the pegasi there. He made his way to the Mess hall and sat there, looking out of the giant hole in the wall. The things he saw said this place would soon be gone...He sighed as he made his way out of the room again and continuted to move about the academy. He saw shadow talking with Spitfire. He sighed and approached the two but remained silent.

Spitfire looked up to Shadow with her one good eye, being the other one was Bandaged. [colour=#DAA520]"Ok shadow.....your wing does look pretty hurt. You can take as much time as you need off, we will compensate for you when we can." [/colour]She said to him with a nod. She saw Flas waiting nearby, He still looked like he had something on his mind. And it seemed like whatever it was made him look older and exhausted some how. She turned her attention to the Cadets. [colour=#DAA520]"Attention!" [/colour]She ordered. The cadets straightened up and didn not waver their gaze. [colour=#DAA520]"I know that in the past i said that each and every one of you would be graduating. Well that has changed, with some disscusions and compromises we have decided that although the Academy is in rough shape we will at least have 1 week of training." [/colour]She announced. Some of the cadets sounded dissapointed. Spitfire spoke up again [colour=#DAA520]"Alot of the Instructors that usually teach the classes were hurt pretty badly during the conflict and are unable to teach. To compensate you will be taught by noneother than the Wonderbolts themselves." [/colour]she said to them all. This brightened the mood in the mess hall as the cadets began to get smiles on their faces. Spitfire glanced to Flashbomb who looked to her and nodded. Spitfire ordered the Cadets out to the runway to begin. After every cadet had filed out Spitfire talked to Flash [colour=#DAA520]"Hey got a sec? Whats on your mind Flash? you look like youve been through a parasprite swarm." [/colour]she asked him with concern. Flash shook head [colour=#0000FF]"Its nothing Spitfire really....." [/colour]He said in a sadened tone. Spitfire didnt believe him but decided to let the dust settle on whatever it was. She nodded to him and trotted to her office. Flash trotted to the barracks and put his wonderbolt uniform on. He found a picture of his parents that he kept to himself in his bag. He looked at it for a moment then put it on the end table. He went outside to the runway.

Twilight Sparkle had been working for 2 hours on the masks. She hadnt found out much about them let alone how they even functioned. She tried alot of spells on them and only found out that they were similar in how they were built. Not a single alteration. She sat there and thought to herself. She floated a large book from the shelves and opened it up. She read to herself for awhile before nodding. She got up and placed the mask on a pedistal. She charged her magic spell and released it. When the green aroura hit the mask it did nothing. Twilight grunted in frustration in her futile efforts to get the mask to do anything. While she read her book though the room lit up. She turned to see the mask glowing and sparking brightly. It started to change shapes and colours at random. She stepped back waiting for something, anything. Then the mask imploaded and the magic withing flowed out into a Large orb that encompased the room. She looked in awe at it, this magic was really, really advanced. She started to examine and take notes on everything she could on it. She would need alot of notecards.

(Sorry I haven't posted for a while ^^; School, Nuf Said XD)

Angel was still in his room. Asleep at 2 pm as usual SilverStar and Lyria were sitting downstairs. Silver had a sketch pad out and Lyria was doing her own thing. She put down the sketch pad and looked at Lyria "[colour=#008080]You think we should wake him up now?[/colour]" She asked her. It was weird having someone else in the house.

CloudDasher stood at attention with the other cadets. SpitFire told them they had another week of training to do, Cloud smiled to herself. She wanted to prove she was stronger than all the cadets here. "[colour=#add8e6]This will be easy[/colour]" She thought to herself. Some of the cadets looked at her weird. She realized she was still smiling. That smile faded into a face of determination.

Flash trotted back and forth infront of the cadets he looked them over and decided to trot back to the group of wonderbolts. [colour=#0000FF]"Any ideas on how to start?" [/colour]He asked them. Soarin was the first to speak up "Well since it is the first day we would have done laps, Then the dizzytron, but its broke." He said to Flash. Rainbow dash looked around, [colour=#00FFFF]"We should find a replacement for it then." [/colour]She said. Flash looked at her with a questionable face. Rainbow dash looked over to Roid rage. Roid rage felt their gazes on him "Wh......what?....." He asked.

Flash trotted next to Soarin to the group of Cadets. Soarin started "Alright Cadets! First to start off i would like to Appologise for the predicament we had before that has hindered us. But we will perservere! To start you will do 2000 Laps! Now go!" He ordered.

Flash watched the cadets take off and he flew after Cloud dasher. He flew next to her [colour=#0000FF]"Alright i want you to finnish in the top 3 Keep your pace and try not to exhaust yourself." [/colour]He challenged her. It was his idea of mentoring. He flew ahead of her [colour=#0000FF]"Lets get going Cadets!" [/colour]He shouted. They suddenly picked up the pace.

[colour=#0000cd]"Actually..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget said to the other wonderbolts. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"I may be able to fix it if we have the tools and some of it is intact."[/colour]

CloudDasher took off when the order was given, She drove the pack at the front. She smiled a smile of determination and flew faster. FlashBomb flew up beside her and told her to pace her-self. She rolled her eyes but knew he was right. She slowed down a little and continued on.

The siblings hopped of the train as soon as it was stopped. Shimmer looked about at the Ponyville Station, "Nothing really beats the feeling of a small town, does it?"

Velocity nodded his head in agreement, trotting to a map, "OK, plan. You're better at handling the prim and proper ponies, so you handle fetching Rarity. I'll go get Applejack."

Shimmer bit down on his tail as he started to trot away, chuckling as she let him go, "You're just afraid because of the stories. What, think you're going to get caught up being a model for her latest fashion line?"

Velocity nodded, "Actually, yes. I am worried about that. We have a mission Shimmer, and you have to go back to the Academy in a couple days!" He continued to protest as Shimmer lifted herself ino the air, smiling mischievously, "Oh give it a rest brother! This is the most logical way! Sweet Apple Acres is further away from Ponyville than Rarity's shop, and I can still fly, while you can't. I'll make it there and back in time for you to be done with Rarity. Now let's go!"

She flew off, leaving a rather worried Velocity to trot on the ground towards Rarity's shop.

[colour=#800080]"Yeah. Let's go wake him." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria smiled, and trotted into Angel's room. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Angel..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She shook him softly. [/colour][colour=#800080]"It's two o'clock... Come on. Wake up." [/colour][colour=#000000]She giggled lightly.

(Sorry! School. :P) [/colour]

( ok i guess i will rp Aj and rare.)

Applejack was hard at work at Sweet Apple Acres. She was harvesting their newest crop of Apples from the trees surounding the farm . She brought her wagon up with baskets below The nearest tree and gave it a slight kick. The Apples fell off the tree and into the baskets with ease. She took one of the Apples and looked it over, she then took a quick bite of it and found that they were perfect. She Looked over on the other hills nearby and saw Big Mac and Applebloom were doing their Fair share of work. She Moved the wagon over to the next Apple tree and repeated the process.

Rarity was hard at work at the Carosel Boutique. She Had finnished 3 Dresses today and was on her fourth. They had to be Abloslutly perfect for the Pony whom ordered them. She cut some fabrics with her magic and sewed it on perfectly onto the seems she had made. A bead of sweat formed on her forehead as she worked Tiediously.

Flashbomb flew Next to Cloud dasher for Awhile, he was surprised by how much energy she had. He continued to fly near her until their 500th lap. Flash decided To mix it up He Looked to the cadets as they flew [colour=#0000FF]"Listen Up! We are going to Change things! Everypony keep flying but get into a single line!" [/colour]He yelled. Everypony did and looked Confused of what was to come.[colour=#0000FF] "Alright! now the pony in the back of the line must Fly as hard as they can to the front of the group! When he or she does the next one who is in the back flies to the front! Keep in unison! We will fly for 500 more laps then i will change it again!" [/colour]He announced. The cadets began to carry out his orders. The pony in the back, broke from the group and flew very hard to the front of the group. He finnaly made it and the next pony went. Flash was satisfied with their work. Next came Cloud Dasher's turn.

Soarin looked to Gadget. "Sure! if you think you can.... it needs to be sealed back together, the metal base is busted in half. And alot of the components are broken." He said to Him with a smile. Rainbow dash Grabbed some tools [colour=#00FFFF]"Here you go!" [/colour]She said as she placed them next to him. Soarin nodded, "If you cant fix it we will use the Whirligig." He said.

Back at the Palace Twilight was examining the magic force that encompaced the room. She found that the Magic infact didnt reside in the mask itself but around it. It was able to interact with its surroundings to calculate Altitude and the other readings. She pondered more about it.

Angel turned over onto his other side. He opened his eyes and saw Lyria. "[colour=#800000]Is it really?[/colour]" He asked sitting up rubbing his eyes. "[colour=#008080]YEH! Wake up you lazy Stallion![/colour]" SilverStar teased as she opened the drapes. Angel threw off the covers and got up. He smiled at Lyria "[colour=#800000]I think ill buy a Alarm clock soon.. Im sure your sick of waking me up[/colour]" he laughed

CloudDasher Watched as the cadets all fallowed out FlashBomb's Order. They all did the exercise rather slowly, Some of them seemed confused. CloudDasher was up. She broke for the line and made a dash for the front. She counted in her head "[colour=#afeeee]1...2...3....[/colour]" She made it to the front. "[colour=#afeeee]Hehe! 3 Seconds flat[/colour]" She turned her body and flew as if she was laying on her back.

Gadget grabbed the tools and looked at the machine. From what Soarin told this should be easy to fix. [colour=#0000cd]"Then again Soarin is a Pie obsessed idiot." [/colour][colour=#000000]He thought. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"Wait...did I just think that?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He softly said aloud but quickly went back to the machine. It took a bit but it should be finished by the time the cadets finished their laps. After all Flash is going to make them do another 500 with the line leader technique.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Blitz hurried through and made her way to the top. [/colour][colour=#800080]"2.5 seconds Cloud, you better keep up." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said, glad her talent was still useful in the air.[/colour]

A cadet blew passed Cloud, she taunte her with a faster time.. CloudDasher smiled. "[colour=#add8e6]HA! Please.. I could get to the front of this line in my sleep![/colour]" She waited untell she was last again, When she was she flew as fast as she could to the front of the line. Her time cut down to 1 second "[colour=#add8e6]Eas[/colour]" She said. Again, She flew on her back and inspected her hoof. She giggled and turned back around.

Shimmer sets herself down just outside the entry way to Sweet Apple Acres. She rubs her chest where the magical energy blast had hit her the day before as she lifts herself into the air again, hovering slowly into the property, [colour=#696969]"I have a feeling they're working about now. I saw the orchards as I flew in, I'll check there." [/colour]She flies a little faster towards the orchards, setting herself down once again once she's reached them. She decides to take her time in getting to Applejack from here, enjoying the sweet scent of the apple trees.

Velocity sighed to himself as he walked up to the door of the Boutique, [colour=#daa520]"I am going to kill Shimmer when I get the chance..." [/colour]He thought to himself as he knocked a rythmic four taps on the door.

[colour=#800080]​"Oh a challenger approaches." [/colour][colour=#000000]Blitzy said with a light smile. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Alright let me introduce you to Swift Blitz..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She flew with all her speed to the front of the line. Making it in less than 0.3 seconds. [/colour][colour=#800080]"LIGHTEST PONY IN EQUESTRIA!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She said and charged much farther from the line and, blasted away from the current line leader. Going much faster than everypony else. However...a bit of a white aura was surrounding the front of her muzzle. A signal of a pegasi about to break the sound barrier.[/colour]

CloudDasher grunted "[colour=#add8e6]You want to do this the hard way?! FINE![/colour]" She accelerated as fast. A aurora surrounded her.. Her eyes began to water. She made it to the end of the line in less than .1 of a second, Only she kept going.. She couldn't stop. She had never flown this fast before. She smiled at the speed she flew, She didn't want it to end. Soon enough the aurora expanded around her. It was harder to keep her eyes open at this point. Suddenly a loud 'Boom' Hurt her ears and she lost control. She twirled and span in the air. A few seconds later she turned out of it. She stopt at the other end of the run-way. She looked back wondering what had just happened. She shrugged it off and flew back to the group. Some of them looked at her weirdly "[colour=#add8e6]What? Did a fly hit my forehead?[/colour]" She asked wiping her forehead.

(wow....i had 3 paragraphs of an reply and i just accedentaly deleted it all on my xbox......i will reply when i get to school tommarow and i have a computer keaboard)

Blitz fell with cloud and stopped a few seconds earlier than Cloud. [colour=#800080]"No...you kind of tried to break the sound barrier...I don't think it worked. Than again it could have been me. I can't break the barrier due to my weight." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said a bit sad and a bit relieved.[/colour]

Taptaptaptaptaptap. Blue streak couldn't stop tapping his hooves due to the energy drinks he downed . "Gota burn this energy!" so he put on his saddle bag , a wing stablelizer ,jumped of the academy cloud and glided down to ponyvile . He couldn't eat at sugar cube corner , but pinkie pie was there and she always had energy.so. He went down there to try to burn some off. "Hiya , blue!!!" Exclaimed pinkie pie "pinkie i need your help, I need to burn some energy not involving jumping or flying." As he jestured to his Broken wing and hind leg.