The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

Welcome one and all to the second chapter of the Academy series!

All are welcome to join even if you havent joined the first chapter.

Rules.

No randomness

No derailing the rp please

Uber god mode is allowed at some places. But it may be frowned upon

Story Idea.

This chapter takes place 4 months after the original chapter. The Pegasus who had graduated from the academy are 2 generations older in The ranks of the wonderbolts. Some have been seperated possibly due to reassignment. Some are working at the Academy training other cadets. Even though things seem quiet a Evil lurks in the shadows and the Wonderbolts must help to stop it.

The mist had risen above the academy The runway looked the same, although it had a more cracked aged look to it. A blue Pegasus with Scars adorning his body Had landed nearby and watched the lines of Cadets Training for graduation. He Sat down, He remembered when he had first came here when he was Acepted into the class. He Waited for Spitfire to finnish her adress of the classes. She had called for him to assist in a class, as well she was going to Assign him his first Wingpony for him to mentor. She had begun the program of mentoring ever since his class's Graduation.

He lived with Angel snapp as well as His sister. Lyria a Class mate of his had moved in as well with them. Flash had enjoyed their company, and was greatfull for Angel putting up with him for so long. He hadnt seen marble for 1 month due to Him being in a different squad than he, He had seen many of the pieces of artwork that he had created.

Flashbomb sighed as he waited for Spitfire to finnish.

It was 2:00 Pm in the afternoon, AngelSnapp still in bed. Sleeping in would have been his special talent if he had not discovered camera's. He turned on-to his side. Camera's lined the walls of his room. Usually SilverStar would have waken him up by now. But she was away for the last few day's on a art workshop in Canterlot, She was returning today, She was in Canterlot for the pass 5 months. So she would be meeting Lyria for the first time.

Marble's eyes began opening. He had slept in again. After all, it wasn't winter, so he had no snow to make, and as he was part of the media team, he usually got to work his own hours. He jumped from his bed, feeling well rested. He laughed as he remembered his days at the academy where he NEVER got a restful sleep. It felt awfully nostalgic, looking at the picture of him with all his friends in their Wonderbolts uniform after they graduated. He looked up at his calendar and remembered the day, then checked his clock. [colour=#ff0000]"Oh no! I'm late! For a very important date!" [/colour]He rushed over to his closet, and began looking through the little amount of actual clothing that was in it. His Wonderbolt uniform hung rather casually amongst the tie and shoes. Having nothing else, he grabbed the single, black tie, and began confusingly tying it around his neck. His rush made it tangle around his hooves and neck. [colour=#ff0000]"Okay... Let's do this slowly..." [/colour]After a few minutes of fidgeting about, he found himself untangled, and slowly tied it up around his neck. Only to realize he forgot the collar. He facepalmed again, took it off, put his collar on, then repeated the process.

He looked over to the clock, and rushed out of his house, but not before grabbing a bag of bits. He arrived at a small cafe, and ran about quickly, until he found a table, with the beautiful mare that he was seeing for the past 4 months. [colour=#ff0000]​"S-sorry Lightning! Hectic morning." [/colour]He told her as he sat down. [colour=#ff0000]"Or I guess afternoon. I slept in again." [/colour]After dating her for so long, he was becoming much more confident with the relationship. But he still took it slowly, as they kept it to nuzzling and sometimes kissing. [colour=#ff0000]"So four months... Is this some kind of milestone?"[/colour]

(Marble's so cute when he's in a rush X3)

The dense fog made the stallion sigh as he landed and shook his body off and stomped his feet stretching some as he made his way down the runway twords the oh so familiar Academy buildings. It had been close to three months since he had been back to this training facility. He had entered the Academy and met many wonderful ponies before they graduated, he himself following in their hooves a month later near the top of his class. As he walked he began to notice the line of cadets getting the usual speech from Spitfire and then behind her a familiar scared Stallion. He smiled as he trotted over in his wonder bolts uniform the once bright blue rather faded now. He sneaked up behind the Stallion before he spoke. [colour=#0000cd]"So, this is the years fresh meat huh? Make sure they don't come out as battle damaged as you."[/colour] He grinned standing next to flash. His neon blue goggles on his forehead holding his raven black hair with its natural blue highlights up some from his face. [colour=#0000cd]"Haha, how ya been Flash, haven't seen any of ya since you all graduated." [/colour][colour=#000000]His face furrowed some as he thought[/colour][colour=#0000cd]. "I mean with the exception of Spitfire, but she just doesn't know how to attract Ursa fun" [/colour]

(Flutteryay.com)

Gadget had flown through the air at normal speeds. He worked there, at the academy. Normally he would have loved the idea of flying for shows all the time, but this was good too. After all he didn't do too much here. He was normally an assistant and worked on some of the machines that were used here. He still enjoyed the fun o being able to see the cadets come and go and he actually had given advice to a young mare once. That advice being to watch out for ursa majors and minors. He flew through the fog and onto a little part of the roof. There he sat and watched the fog move a bit. He heard spitfire's voice in the distance but couldn't make out the words. He was attracted to the fun of watching the new cadets and decided to head over there, but what he saw instead was flashbomb and another familiar colt. He heard that stallion say something about ursa fun. [colour=#0000cd]"Yes, because the ursa and it's fun were so great." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said sarcastically. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"Flash what are you doing here? You don't work here."[/colour]

The fog had grown slightly thicker around the academy giving off a cool chilling undertone. The sun was blotted out by overhanging clouds. To flash it seemed kind of spooky to him, But it wasnt so bad. He still watched spitfire from a distance as he kept his patience. He flapped his wings slightly to get rid of excess build up of water. He heard the distant flap of wings in the wind behind him and the landing of hooves on the cold concrete. He glanced over to See a familiar face. It was Shadow, One of his classmates from then. He hadnt gotten to know him well as Lyria or Marble but still considered him a good friend of his. He mentioned about how the fresh meat was which partained to the cadets. Flashbomb saw a cadet in the distance crash in the field in the distance and smiled at how spot on Shadow's statement was. When he asked him how He was getting along. Flash returned his full attention to Shadow He grinned to him [colour=#0000FF]"I've been good, Cant say to much has happened recently." [/colour]He responded to him. His voice had dropped a few octives since they had last spoken. He looked to Spitfire, [colour=#0000FF]"Yea i think she wouldnt have as much fun as we did with the Ursa. Im waiting for her to asign me a Cadet to take under my wing. Ever since she initiated this mentors program i have been a little nervous about when my time has come to Teach a cadet." [/colour]He heard more wings to the right of him and saw Gadget. He looked different after all that time, it must have been the uniform. Gadget commented on Ursa Exploits and such. He then gave him the question of his pressence on the campus.[colour=#0000FF]"As i said to shadow, Im waiting for my student to be assigned to me, The whole mentor system and all. She asked me as well to sit in on a class and possably lend a hoof. How has working at the academy been for you gadget? Havent seen you in ages."[/colour] He Questioned. The air had grown cooler as the fog pressed on evermore.

Lightning Dust had been waiting at the Cafe for a while now. She had agreed with Marble to meet him here for a lunch but he hadnt arrived yet. She sat there and saw many ponies trotting by. She sighed as she remembered when she had Graduated from the Academy. The memories were still fresh in her mind. She sipped on a glass of water and coughed, She had fallen a bit under the weather from the constant Flight shows and other events that she and her squad had been in. Marble had finnaly arrived, He appologised for his Tardiness. She smiled Warmly to him, "Its ok, I sleep in all of the time." She blushed a little bit. "You sure got dresed up i see." She complimented him on his quick tie getup. "Its so nice to get a break from all of the work of the shows and such, I heard that Spitfire in order to speed up the learning process with the cadets is setting up a Mentor system. Isnt that weird?" She asked him trying to make small talk. She and Marble had been together for a long while. She still knew the pace that he had set and was content with it. But it seemed to be so hard to keep it leashed and under control. Even small talk had to be watched as not to make things lean on their relationship.

Lyria had been living with Angel for, oh she never kept track, a while now. She knew his little sister would be coming back later today, and smiled. Lyria trotted outside, and bursted into the air in a quick splash of colour and speed. She circled around some clouds in the sky, and landed on top of one with ease. She flapped her wings to her sides, and sat down. Her mane moved silently with the wind as she stared at Ponyville from the cloud, where her parents were buried. She sighed, and then shot off with a smile into the sky. She landed outside of Angel's house, and trotted inside. Carefully, she shut the door. She was pretty sure Angel was still sleeping, trying to sleep in, so she was as quiet as possible. She trotted into the bathroom, and washed her mane out thoroughly. She then washed her fur, and smiled as she got out and started to dry herself off. She had to work a lot today, but she never seemed to get worn out from her performances or practices, more pumped actually. She walked out of the bathroom, and trotted into the kitchen and started to clean.

Cleaning was, actually, one of her favorite hobbies. It let her mind relax and gave her wings rest, which was never what she liked to do, but she got over it to clean. And always, she loved the end result. A shiny clean house that made her smile. She trotted into Angel's room, and saw him looking at the camera's lining his walls.

[colour=#800080]"Somepony [/colour][colour=#800080]to wake up. How did you sleep Angel?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria asked, looking over at him with a smile.[/colour]

ShadowSound smiled as he saw Gadget land and comment naking him laugh some. "Yea I supposed your right, but still here we all are as wonderbolts with such a great story for those to come". He heard Flashes words and whistled "wow, a wing pony, congrates man, but keep in mind they just arnt as strong as you". He pulled his goggled off letting them hang on his shoulder. "I'm not completly sure why I am here, but you all know how it goes. Spitfire calls you get here on a moments flight." He shrugged as he watched the cadets laughing some as one bounced off a cloud.

(Sorry bout lack of colour on speech, on phone :P)

(Is okay.)

[colour=#0000CD]"Oh you know, working on machines, making fun of some of the cadets, working with the rest of them, watching out for random ursa attacks, usual stuff." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"I've been a mentor once but it wasn't like a permanent thing. It was just like a 'here help this cadet or she get's dropped.' kind of thing. I also wonder about why some of the old cadets are here. I mean I was told to show but I thought that was tomorrow, not today. Then again i'm not good with dates." [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget shrugged. It was a nice change to have some of his old friends here. He hadn't been to a show in a long time. At least three months ago.[/colour]

Lyria smiled, and walked over to Angel. [colour=#800080]"Lunch is on the counter in the kitchen. I'm going to go practice out front." [/colour][colour=#000000]She kissed his muzzle, and trotted outside, and smiled. The warmth of the summer breeze was a pleasant feeling in her fur [/colour]and mane. She took off at a slow speed, and then sonicboomed across the sky. The colours of purple shot across the sky.

Flashbomb listened to Shadow's conversation with him When he brought up the fact about Spitfire's ability to just randomly call you to the academy he couldnt agree more. Gadget spoke of how it was here and his usual tasks. He shuddered a bit at the thought of the Dizzytron. He nodded at his comment about the Mentor system. Flashbomb looked over to Spitfire and saw that she was done. As she was trotting their way when the groud cracked and lit up with colour. Flashbomb chucked to himself [colour=#0000FF]"There goes lyria again..." [/colour]Spitfire and reached them. "Welcome Flashbomb." She said to him, she shook his hoof and nodded to the others. " its god that you came acctually, My cadets need some input about cloud manuvering." She said with a can do smile. Flashbomb nodded to her and followed her to a class down the runway. He looked back to Shadow and Gadget,[colour=#0000FF] "I will catch up to you guys later!" [/colour]He hollered to them. He pullws his face mask part of his Wonderbolt uniform on and put his goggles above his Orange eyes.

(Sorry, Just woke up XD)

Angel was awoken by Lyria, "[colour=#800000]Slept great. Thanks" [/colour]She kissed him on the muzzle and he smiled. She told him she was going to go practice and that lunch was on the counter, It almost felt like they were a married couple. But they had only been dating for the pass 4 months. After lyria had left, Angel got up and trotted into the bathroom. He hopped in the shower and started to clean himself off. "[colour=#800000]I wonder if SpitFire's going to give me a assignment today? I guess it wouldn't hurt to fly up to the academy and see..[/colour]" He thought to himself. He stood there for a few moments before getting out, Enjoying the feeling of the warm water. After he dried himself off. He trotted down-stairs and began to eat what Lyria had left for him. He smiled to himself.

Lightning Dust didn't seem to mind him being late. After sighing with relief, they began their normal small talk. She mentioned the mentor system that Spitfire recently put in place. [colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, I've heard that. It definitely sounds... Interesting." [/colour]He told her, not sure of another way to explain it. [colour=#ff0000]"Speaking of Spitfire, I wonder how everypony else is doing. I haven't seen Flash in a while..." [/colour]He spaced out for a moment, remembering the last time he saw him, before returning abruptly to reality. [colour=#ff0000]"We really oughta' go back to the academy sometime. Say hi to everypony, and maybe see some of the new cadets."[/colour]

Lightning dust nodded to Marble as she sipped her drink, "Well we could go now. I havent seen Flash in over a month, Maybe he has changed somewhat." She said to him. She stood up and opened her wings. "You never know, He could be there." She trotted over to him and gave him a quick kiss. "Lets go back to the acadamy." She said As she started to fly above him. She waited for him to take the lead.

Flashbomb followed Spitfire to a class he stood by spitfire as she adressed them "Attention maggots! This is Flashbomb, A Wonderbolt in our ranks. He is here to help you all with your "Problem". I Expect you all to listen to him without waver and take to heart what he has to say." She said. She then stepped back to let Flash kick in. He looked at the line of Cadets as they stared at him. He tried to figure out what to say.

Lyria smiled as the wind blew through her mane. She blew through some clouds, and reached up to the highest cloud that she could reach, and sat down. She started to sing a melodic tune, her voice blending with the wind.

Lightning Dust agreed with Marble, and gave him a kiss. She seemed eager to go then. While Marble was a bit startled at first, he nodded and flew up with her. They hadn't ordered anything thankfully, so no worries about paying. Marble took the lead, and flew off to the academy. After a few minutes of flying, he landed at the runway. Some of the ponies there almost didn't recognize him without his Wonderbolt uniform. He heard Spitfire shouting in the distance, and silently flew off to find the source. He then found Flashbomb in front of a group of cadets, in his uniform and his mask. It seemed like he was about to be speaking with all of them. Marble lay on a nearby cloud, waiting to greet him as soon as he was finished with whatever he was doing.

Angel grabbed a saddle bag and put a camera inside, He looked over the lenses he could take and just took a simple 55-200mm lens. He trotted out the door and began to fly up to the academy. He saw lyria flying around and waved to her. He wondered how SilverStar would react to their new room-mate. Angel laughed and continued on his way.

Flashbomb looked at the cadets he began his introductions. [colour=#0000FF]"Hello everypony, i am Flashbomb. I am here to help you today with Weather maneuvers. Now who can tell me the difference between the 3 fundamental clouds?" [/colour]He asked them He felt kind of funny acting as though he was a instructor. A cadet held up his hoof, Flashbomb nodded to him. [colour=#FF8C00]"Well um..... I think one shoots lightning and the others dont?" [/colour]The cadet stammered to him. Flashbomb nodded [colour=#0000FF]"Well something like that. But what you also need to know is that clouds are catagorized by Energy, Moisture mass and temperature." [/colour]He Looked to make sure he still had everyponies attention.

Lightning dust landed by Marble and watched Flashbomb interact with the cadets. His voice seemed different to her, somewhat deeper. As well he seemed Taller, more mature. She Still felt awefull for the pain she had caused him. She watched him closely as he taught the class.

Shadow smiled nodded as he watched Flash walk away.[colour=#0000cd] "Well, i suppose ill just hang around till Spitfire tells me why i am here, What about you gadget?" [/colour] he tilted his head looking at him curiously. He smiled as he listened to the Stallion Began his speech to the cadets he thought to himself of the different clouds to himself though he thought of four types.[colour=#0000cd] "Cumulus- moderate altitude white puffy clouds. Cirrus- high altitude looks like hair in the sky and usually means fair weather. Stratus-Low altitude and an overcast sky or fog is an example. And Cumulonimbus- These are puffy dark clouds that tower and are very tall.They usually bring thunderstorms. Right?"[/colour]He was talking to himself before he noticed the other ponies on the cloud and gave them a smile and a wave.

Flashbomb saw that he had everypony's attention again. He flew up to a cloud at random and brought it down. [colour=#0000FF]"This is your average Cumulus cloud. Now to the touch it is quite soft, Now why would this be important?" [/colour]He asked them. A pony raised her hoof [colour=#EE82EE]"Um they....are easier to land in and shape into things for acts?" [/colour]She stammered. Flash chuckled [colour=#0000FF]"Yes your correct but there is more to it than that. The moisture in the cloud can be used for visual effects. Watch." [/colour]He grabed the cloud and brought it to a higher altitude. He Put his goggles on and began spinning around the cloud. He got faster and faster untill the moisture Condensed and shot up over the sky. It created a nice rainbow causing the crowd to Ooh and aah. Flash landed, He pulled up his goggles. [colour=#0000FF]"Now Everypony grab a partner and a cloud. I wish for you to try that trick as well."[/colour]

Angel landed on the run-way and saw FlashBomb make a simple rainbow from a cloud. Angel smiled and trotted to join the group of cadets. The looked at him with wide eyes, Knowing immideatly who he was. FlashBomb landed and told them to pair up. Angel trotted over to him "How's it feel to be a Instructer?" Angel looked back at the group. One last pony in the group seemed to be left out. "Hey, Do you want me to group up with that one? She seems alone." (New OC, Possably? O.o)

Shadow nodded and smiled. [colour=#0000cd]"Iv been great, how about you Gadget?"[/colour] He sat watching the show flashbomb put on and grinned. He then smiled at seeing Angel and that his leg was back to top shape, he then looked up at the cloud Marble and LightningDust were on and waved for them to come down.

Flashbomb kept a vigil eye on the cadets, He was surprised by Angel who landed nearby him and nearly jumped out of his coat. When Angel asked him how it was to be an instructor he smiled. [colour=#0000FF]"I kinda dig it to tell the truth." [/colour]He said to his friend. When he asked about the lone cadet he nodded. He saw that Shadow and Gadget were watching the instruction. He saw that Shadow was waving to somepony above. He saw Marble and Lightning dust land by him. He wanted to trot over and say hi put he had a class to teach. He saw some cadets having trouble with their cloud. [colour=#0000FF]"Excuse me i have to lend a hoof to these two." [/colour]He trotted over and tried to give further guidence.

Lyria saw Angel, and burst off after him in a burst of colour and light. Landing next to Flashbomb on the runway, she smiled. [colour=#000000]Some clouds and air gushed into her from her sudden flight, and she got pushed forward a bit from the force. She looked at the cadets, then to Flashbomb and Angel. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Whatcha doin'?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria asked, teetering on her hooves a little bit.[/colour]