The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

Lyria smiled at her friend, and then Dawn disappeared. [colour=#800080]"I want to fly!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria whimpered, and took off in a burst of colour into the sky, spelt The Academy in her colourful explosion, then landed again. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I feel better now." [/colour]

Flash smiled when Angel accepted his Appollogy. He looked to Twilight and bowed to her slightly [colour=#0000FF]"Thank you princess." [/colour]He said. Twilight's aroura picked Flash up and made him stand [colour=#800080]"Please dont bow to me silly, I am just like anypony else. There is no need for bowing for me. And your welcome, i just borrowed what was yours and just returned it improved." [/colour]She said.

Flash heard many wings flap behind him. He pricked his ears [colour=#00FFFF]"Our Course parts are done Flash!" [/colour]Rainbow dash said with a light tone. Flash Nodded and smiled back to them [colour=#0000FF]"Thanks guys, couldnt have done this without you." [/colour]He thanked them. He turned his attention back to everypony around him.

CloudDasher felt something land on her back.. it made her jump a little and she looked back. A bird was perched on her flank. She sighed annoyed. Suddenly one of the guards started talking to the bird. Saying that it didnt even know her. CloudDasher turned her attention to Velocity who apologized for the bird. CloudDasher just let out a lighthearted laugh. "[colour=#00ffff]Its alright, Dont worry about it.[/colour]" She said. "[colour=#00ffff]Its not like my coat is going to get any cleaner today.[/colour]" She joked. The bird somewhat clawed into her flank. She grunted a little and looked back.. "[colour=#00ffff]Dont do that..[/colour]" She told it

Velocity turned his attention to the sky, then to Flash, [colour=#daa520]"Personally, I'm real curious as to his this whole thing works." [/colour]He pushed the mask up off of his face as he spoke, causing it's aesthetic effects to revert.

Drell loosened his grip slightly. Shimmer mimicked her brother's removal of the mask, one eyebrow raised at the black bird, [colour=#696969]"When I was told ravens were pretty independent I hadn't expected them to be quite so incorrigible."[/colour]

Drell blinked his beady eyes at her and let out a short caw. Velocity chuckled, shrugging to Cloud Dasher, [colour=#daa520]"If you say so."[/colour]

CloudDasher shrugged "[colour=#00ffff]Hey, If he likes it there. He likes it there. Maybe he just likes my flank[/colour]" She turned to the bird and looked at it seductively.. Then laughed. "[colour=#00ffff]Just dont make a nest back there.. Im no tree.[/colour]" She told it. She honestly didn't care at this point, It was a conversation starter with the rest of the group. CloudDasher's attention turned back to Velocity. "[colour=#00ffff]So your a royal guard? I thought about being one. But it seems kinda boring sometimes[/colour]" She asked. Again she studied his armor. It looked cool, She wondered what the mask looked like from the inside. And who was the other guard? She seemed to be the one who owned the bird, Yet Velocity knew the bird as well. Where they related? Dating? She didnt know.

Flash sat on his Haunches and listened to CloudDasher chat with Velocity about The bird named Drell. He Remembered his own pet osprey Rivet that he had left back in ponyville with Angel Snapp. He hoped that He was alright, He turned his gaze over to the evergrowing Crowd, he became nervous once more when he noticed that the capacity of attendies had Doubled in the last 30 minutes. he anticipated the Arrival of Celestia and Luna any minute now. He scootched closer to Angel Snapp [colour=#0000FF]"Dude......im so nervous. What if the final test is to easy? What if Celestia doesnt like the course? What if something goes awry!? Im losing it man!" [/colour]He said in a frantic undertone to his friend.

Drell made a questioning noise at the look.

Velocity laughed at the scene. Then she asked whether he was a guard. It seemed like a silly question to him, but he managed to figure out that it was merely to start conversation, "Yup! Family tradition, I guess you could say. Our family has been serving the Princesses since they first took reign over Equestria," he said with a hint of pride, "So you were thinking about joining up?" He shrugs in answer to the last part of her sentence, "Yeah, it can be dull sometimes. But it's enjoyable enough when you dig deeper into it." He kicks the ground a bit before continuing, "I don't believe I caught your name. I'm Velocity."

Shimmer rolled her eyes at her brother, "I'm Shimmer," she jerks her head towards Velocity, "He's my older brother. The meat head on your back is Drell."

CloudDasher nodded "[colour=#00ffff]I guess you did defend twilight a lot during the battle here.[/colour]" She said. There was a bit of a awkward pause. Velocity kicked around in the dirt for a moment, and CloudDasher sorta just stood there wondering if she said something that insulted him. Or maybe he was just nervous? Stallions were weird.. After a moment he responded asking CloudDasher her name and that his was Velocity. CloudDasher grinned "[colour=#00ffff]Im CloudDasher.[/colour]" She told him. His companion also introduced herself as his sister Shimmer.

AngelSnapp put his wing over his friend's shoulder. "[colour=#800000]Flash, it will be fine. Dont stress out about it. Really, Whats the worse that can happen?[/colour]"

Flash rolled his eyes [colour=#0000FF]"Everything." [/colour]He said letting his wings hang and lay on the ground. After a bit of that he Snapped out of it and Looked up to see Cloud Dasher and Velocity getting along very well. A little to well, he felt a slight spark of Jealousy. He looked over to the crowd and decided that The Princess was soon to arrive, he just wanted it all to end and be done with. But at the same time he didnt mind the Anticipation. He got up Finnaly, [colour=#0000FF]"Well Im gonna try this mask you gave me Twilight." [/colour]He said. He looked over to Twilight to find her nose deep in a book. He rolled his eyes when he realized that She hadnt heard him. He nudged her slightly [colour=#800080]"Oh um right......sorry! Yea you should try the mask out! It is unique so i didnt see what it looks like or how it acts when in use." [/colour]She said. She looked over to The crowd Sensing that The magical Forces were starting to build, Celestia was almost there. She looked over to Shimmer and Velocity, [colour=#800080]"You two can stay here if you please. There are already a hundred guards around i will be fine." [/colour]She said. She got up and teleported over to the large crowd making sure to stay nearby a group of guards.

Flash put his mask on and it chimmed, Then it Conformed to him. His back and wings got Plated in light armor, As well as his Forelimbs. It shined a dark blue aroura for a moment and then it faded to a faint aroura. The armor matched his Body perfectly and was really Areodynamic. Flash opened his eyes to see the hud Glow brightly with such power that he gasped slightly. He looked over all the new features of the mask armor. He Saw a small circle that displayed a small 25 m and green dots right where his friends were. (radar) The normal Altitude and speed meters, A preasure gauge and as well a meter that glowed a bright electric blue. He was confused by all of it. He stepped forward to notice he felt 100 pounds or more lighter. He looked over to Velocity and blinked, when he focused on him he glowed a bright blue. He was utterly stunned, [colour=#0000FF]"W.....wow! this is Fantastic!"[/colour] He yelped from under the mask. He flapped his wings only to Propel into the air with great speed. He stopped 40 feet in the air. He found the speaking intercom feature, when he switched it on His voice was magnified from the mask[colour=#0000FF] "Dawn! once again you never cease to Amaze me!" [/colour]He said. He effortlessly kept afloat in the sky with the armor on. This was the greatest thing he ever recieved from anypony ever.

Velocity huffed, "If you can call sending myself into the dirt defending her." His normal jovial tone was tinted with something along the lines of regret and irritation. He moved past that quickly when Cloud introduced herself. He bowed as best he could with his armor, spreading his plates wings out as part of the gesture. It was something he'd picked up from a writer he'd met in basic, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Cloud Dasher." He said, smiling as he stood back straight."

Shimmer rolled her eyes again, looking to Flashbomb. He looked nervous, but it seemd Angel said something reassuring to him, since he calmed slightly. He walked to Twilight and put the mask on. Twilight had been reading, but he acknowledged him after he poked her. She said that they could stay here with them, that there were plenty of guards around to watch ove her. Shimmer saluted her with a wing and nodded. She watched Flash as he put on the mask and couldn't help but chuckle at his reaction to it, especially when he rocketed himself into the air. She put her own mask down and activated the loud speaker, "I'm assuming you find to your liking then?" Had her face not been covered, it she would have been smiling.

Despite the shouting and general noise from the ever growing crowd, Drell had somehow managed to fall asleep, still perched on Cloud's flank.

CloudDasher thought for a moment she had upset Velocity when he made the comment about sending himself into the dirt. Then he seemed to return to normal and then did something she didnt expect. He bowed to her. CloudDasher blushed slightly, It was flattering being bowed to. "[colour=#00ffff]I-im no princess.. [/colour]" Was all she could really say. "[colour=#00ffff]You dont have to bow[/colour]" She quickly added with a giggle

Flashbomb heard Shimmer inquire that he liked the mask. He looked down and smiled behind his mask, [colour=#0000FF]"I love it! It may be battle suited like yours but it is amazing!"[/colour]He said. He looked over To Angel snapp whom had looked up to him when he flew up into the air [colour=#0000FF]"Angel you could use this for your Photography! you could do something with it while you are taking shots......i dont know but it seems like a good idea." [/colour]He said.

Eventually flash decided to do a test run of the mask, since every single wing movement allowed small bursts of speed, He readied himself and flapped his wings, to his Astonishment he shot forward as though he had flapped them as hard as he could. It required no effort to Accelerate with the mask on. The hud sensed the sudden change in sped and direcion, it modified to resemble a large grid that marked several flying hazards and wind gusts that would either hinder or help His flight pattern. He Then flapped his wings doen and shot with incredible speed into the air, the meter on the side began to drain slowly the more he used it. He found himself 30,000 feet in the air now with reletive ease. When he stopped the meter Glowed gold and filled sloly back up.

He found a new feature of the mask as well, A small list of numbers that highlighted as he looked down it, He selected one and found that it was a Transmiter of sorts. He could hear Shimmer, Velocity was speaking in the back ground. He tried to speak to her[colour=#0000FF] " Hey shimmer! I can hear you and your brother! its like i can talk to you two from anywhere!" [/colour]He said in the Com. He unfirled his wings again and shot down, the meter began to drain again as it increased his speed by 500% He felt literaly almost no wind on his front side whatsoever, he felt comfortable in the climate controlled armor. Suddenly the hud Flashed at him, the displey read [colour=#FF0000]"Warning Sonic Rainboom Eminent!" [/colour]Flash chuckled and kept his speed, eventually his vision blurred and the sonic Flashboomb rumbled through the skies above. He felt barely anything as he shot down to the Runway below. He saw he had 12,000 feet left. The meter was at 1/3 now A second Warning popped up [colour=#FFD700]"WARNING dOUBLE RAINBOOM EMINENT!"[/colour] Flash pulled back and just as fast as he accelerated the speed dropped quickly. He pulled up and came in with a fast landing back to where the others were. He saw the meter flashing red, symbolizing that it was now Depleted. The blue aroura round him Faded to nothing and a small indication popped up in the lower right corner [colour=#FF0000]"Cool down time: 30 seconds"[/colour] Flash also noticed that the hud had faded. The magical core hummed for awhile charging more magical energy to fuel the armor. Flash was still laughing at how great the armor was during this time and reakized how dumb he must look. He quieted down and waited for the energy to recharge. A small ting went off and a puff of hot air shot out of the side of the mask. It whirred and clanked a bit, then the core Began to reproduce energy. The hud lit back up as did the aroura round him. (i figured it still runs on mainly magical energy but has a bit of steampunk tech to keep things canon.)

Flash took off the mask, the armor detatched and faded away, the mask reverted and he held it in his hoof. [colour=#0000FF]"Ooh man, Cloud dasher, Angel, Lyria. You have to try this thing." [/colour]He said still breathless from the expirence. He handed it over to Angel snapp for him to look at. He sat back on his Haunches tryong to get a grip.

( i will have Celestia and luna appear when i get to school tommarow.)

He laughed, a rather pleasant sound in truth. He spoke quietly under the laughter, "Maybe not in a royal sense." He quickly moved on however, as if he never said anything else, "It's a sign of respect, actually. Rather difficult to do with this armor, but I might as well try."

The siblings both looked as Flash continued to test the aspects of the mask. Shimmer was working on a reply when the Rainboom occurred. She knew these things made you fast, but that was just impressive. When he landed and took the mask off, she trotted over, pushing hers back up, "Very well done!" She said, "I honestly had no idea these were capable of communicating with each other from extended distances. How high up did you go?"

Velocity stayed where he was, but was no doubt impressed. He hadn't attempted a sonic Rainboom with the mask at all yet. He put that on his mental list of things to do in his spare time.

The report of the boom had wakened Drell, who shot quickly from his perch, cawing indignantly.

Flashbomb looked over To shimmer And Velocity, He smiled hapily to them[colour=#0000FF] " Bout 30,000 feet acording to the Altitude meter." [/colour]He said to them. He felt so alive, and very very happy. The masks were just the pinnacle of greatness, the beacon of coolness. He was starting to sound like Rainbow Dash. He glanced over to Velocity and shimmer,[colour=#0000FF] "Hey she did say each mask was unique in their own way, Mine is for flight more or less, An yours is too i would guess but for more like defence and combat! i bet it has a shielding system that protects you until the reserves are depleted!" [/colour]He said. He looked closer at the masks that adoened thier armor. [colour=#0000FF]"And maybe a few features we dont know about?" [/colour]

(Gonna hit the hay)

CloudDasher grinned "[colour=#00ffff]Well, When you put it that way[/colour]" She bowed back, Trying not to disturb the bird on her Flank. She laughed "[colour=#00ffff]I suppose it would be rather hard to bow in that armor.[/colour]" Suddenly FlashBomb seemed to take off.. She didnt catch what they were saying before he took off, But he seemed to have something on his face. A few seconds later he preformed a sonic flash boom. This caused the Bird to awaken and fly off in a fright. Cloud had to admit she was glad it was gone. After a few more seconds he landed next to angel and started ranting about how they all had to try it. CloudDasher grinned "[colour=#00ffff]Nah, I dont need it. Thats how awesome I am[/colour]" She said. Proudly sticking out her chest. She realized she was being full of herself. Which was normal for CloudDasher, But again. For some reason the presents of Shimmer and Velocity made her more calm and respectful, Rather than rambunctious.

Angel laughed "[colour=#800000]Totally! It will be awesome, But for now. Im alright.[/colour]" He told his freind. Once FlashBomb was done with his performance he landed and again told Angel he had to try it. "[colour=#800000]Tomorrow, Tomorrow[/colour]" He said to his friend. He had to admit he was a little excited.

Velocity let out a slow whistle when Flash mentioned his altitude. He smirked slightly when he caught Cloud Dasher's moment of arrogance, chuckling silently. He was feeling far more jovial than normal.

Shimmer shrugged, looking up at her mask as well, "True. I have a feeling Velocity and I will be spending plenty of free time trying to figure out the properties of these masks." She took off her helmet so as to inspect the mask better, "I wonder..."

Velocity slid the mask down over his face once more. He watched as the HUD came to life in a flow up of the sandy tan of his coat. He glanced around the many aspects the blipped in front of his vision. He didn't focus on any one thing for an extended period of time, but took note of a few for future reference.

Drell returned a few seconds later, feathers slightly ruffled from his quick take off. He landed, thankfully on the ground this time, rather than on anypony. Shimmer glanced at him, remarking to any who would hear, "Feel free to kick him should he start pestering you." She put her helmet back on, looking at the crowds of ponies, "This is producing quite the turnout. Kinda reminds me of our graduation, now I think about it."

CloudDasher looked at the ever growing audence. She wasent the least bit nervous anymore. But she knew celestia and Luna would be watching her as she preformed. "Ill just have to pass with flying colours" She thought to herself. She looked at Velocity who was tinkering with his mask and Shimmer had taken her helmet off. Velocity mentiond something about how big the audience was. CloudDasher snickered "Yeh, They all came to see me!" She exlamed "I don't blame them, I am preaty awesome" She laughed lightheartedly.

Flashbomb shifted his weight from hoof to hoof, He placed the mask on his forehead with the strap that attatched to it for safe keeping. He heard something on the wind, he could already tell whom it was He looked over to The horizon and saw a dot starting to get larger and larger. A whole Armada of Pegesai royal guards flew around it as it approached. [colour=#0000FF]"Princess Celestia! Ohmygoshohmygosh! [/colour][colour=#0000FF]"[/colour] He stammered. He began to feel Anxiety well inside him like a seed, He found himself frozen slightly from being so scared. He was just hpeing that the final test would befit such royalty. The dot grew larger and larger, it began to shine with the golden makeup of it all. He had no doubt in his mind that it was Indeed Celestia, He turned his uneasy gaze to Dawn and mouthed [colour=#0000FF]"Im so nervous!"[/colour] He whipped his Gaze back just in time to see the Charriot land, it rolled to a stop and Princess Celestia And princess luna disembarked it. The crowd Cheered Loudly as They stepped onto the Runway, It would be the first time ever that they had actually arrived at the Academy. Flash tried to get a grip, he took a deep breath and Saw Spitfire limp with the help of a few guards over to Celestia and Luna. It looked like they were conversing and eventually He saw Spitfire point in his direction, Celestia's Gaze swept over to him and burned his Coat. He felt more and more nervous. [colour=#0000FF]"W......well.....looks like we are starting s.........soon......" [/colour]He squeaked. He never really did to well around royalty, Twilight and Dawn were and exception but Celestia and Luna he had no chance against.

Velocity looks at her, an amused light in his eye, [colour=#daa520]"Well good luck out there! Though if your boasting holds any water, you won't need it, huh?" [/colour][colour=#000000] He says, teasingly.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer watched Flash with a mixture of amusement and concern. She knew what it was like to be nervous around royalty. She herself suffered from it sometimes when confronting Celestia or Luna. She gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Hey, don't worry about it. The Princesses are pretty understanding. It'll be fine."[/colour]

CloudDasher looked in the direction FlashBomb was. She saw a small dot approach and get constintly larger. Her eyes widened with exitment. It was Princess celestia. Once the chariot was on the ground SpitFire had pointed over to FlashBomb who now was panicing. CloudDasher trotted over beside her mentor. "Flash, relax man" She laughed "I'm the one who should be nervous. I'm TAKING the test while she watches." The moment she said that Cloud also started to panic "What if I don't finish fast enough? What If I turn out to be the worst of the cadets and she bannishes me from equestri... Ok no, That wouldent happen" She stoped herself and took a deep breath. "Guess I should get to the starting gate." She said

AngelSnapp laughed "It will be fine you two, I've got to go set up so ill see you all after the test" He trotted over to where the chariot landded "Sorry Princesses. May I ask for a photo?" He glanced at SpitFire.

Flashbomb Still struggled to keep himself calm, He got some very encouraging words from his friends, which he was very greatfull. He gulped and nodded when Velocity said that it was about time to begin and sighed. [colour=#0000FF]"A......alright lets go....." [/colour]He said. He flew over to where the crowd had gathered, he saw that the Announcement stage had been fully set up and ready. He flew over to Princess Celestia as Spitfire had just begun to respond to Angel snapp [colour=#DAA520]"Im glad your taking pictures of this event Angel, It will be the first final test to take place in just a few hours rather than 3 days." [/colour]She chimmed. Princess Celestia looked over To Angel Snapp [colour=#FFD700]"Ahh so your the one Whos Photography i have heard so much about. I would be Honored to Be in one of your Photos." [/colour]She said in a gracefull manner. Flash sat aside and let Them do their thing, He tried to keep confident.

AngelSnapp nodded to SpitFire. He looked through the view finder of his camera. Celestia made a comment about his photography "I do my best ma'am" He said. A click came from the camera and angel looked up. "Thank you, Now. If you'll excuse me. I should get to the starting gate to get a few shots of the beggening of the test. It was a honor Princess" Angel smiled and trotted off

CloudDasher took her place in one of the starting gates. She wondered what the test was, Surely they would explane it to them. They wouldent make them fly blind... would they? She shook the thought out of her head and looked around. The crowd cheered at the sight of the cadets taking their positons in the starting gates. CloudDasher looked forward "I've got this.. I've got this" She repeated to herself "She lowered her goggles and smiled. "I've totally got.this." She smiled. She would make celestia proud.

Shimmer and Velocity had taken to the air after they little group began to disperse, as the test was about to begin. They pulled down their masks, scanning the crowds shortly so as to be sure where their Princess was. They located her by her golden aura in the sea of blue, but she was near a group of other guards, so they didn't rush to her side, but did fly a little closer. They kept the masks on to watch the test. Plus it helped them fly with their heavy armor. They were capable of maintaining altitude and flying normally without the masks equipped, but having them equipped made it exponentially easier.

Flashbomb looked up to Celestia as she approached him [colour=#FFD700]"Hello Flashbomb, Spitfire has told me much about You, as i understand it you have taken upon yourself to lead the classes while she is recovering." [/colour]She said in a nice tone. Flashbomb shook slightly and stammered a bit [colour=#0000FF]"Y....yes ma'am I have....." [/colour]He said in a carefull tone. Celestia raised an eyebrow, [colour=#FFD700]"You seen nervous. What for?" [/colour]She asked him. Flash looked away [colour=#0000FF]"My Apollogies Your Highness, its just im kinda uneasy around Royalty and.......im just being carefull not to say the wrong things. Treading lightly.......is what i would put it as." [/colour]He studdered. Celestia looked at him for a moment and smiled [colour=#FFD700]"There is no need to be afraid of me, im of no threat to you as you are to me. I find that you are a very smart Pegasus who knows how to take charge, there is nothing wrong with you speaking to me." [/colour]She assured him. Flash stopped and looked up to the towering Alicorn [colour=#0000FF]"Y......you think that? About me?" [/colour]He asked in a more controlled tone. Celestia nodded [colour=#FFD700]"I believe in all my little ponies, You are no exception from that. Im your friend Flashbomb, as is everypony around you." [/colour]She encouraged him. Flash stood up more straight and felt a smile stretch on his face. [colour=#0000FF]"Thank you Princess." [/colour]He thanked her. Celestia closed her eyes and nodded [colour=#FFD700]"Its no problem." [/colour]She said as she nudged him along [colour=#FFD700]"Now get this test started." [/colour]She said in a friendly tone. Flash chuckled and flew off to the Stage, he landed with a soft thump and turned to the crowd. Spitfire and the rest of the wonderbolts lined up, Spitfire stepped forward beside Flash She still had bandages adorning her. [colour=#DAA520]"Welcome to the Final test of the wonderbolt Academy! We are pleased to announce that this is the 15th class to partake in this event!" [/colour]she announced. The crowd cheered and quieted down. Flash saw that The princesses had taken thier seats and were watching with proud gazes upon them. He saw Many, MANY guards flying around patrolling and guarding the place. He caught sight of Velocity and Shimmer up above. Spitfire continued [colour=#DAA520]"As you all know we have had some setbacks this time with the learning process, The Acadamy has seen better days. But none the less it didnt divert our courage and will to go on!" [/colour]She said. The crowd roared again and once more quieted down. [colour=#DAA520]"This final test will tell if the Cadets are indeed wonderbolt material, The normal test had consisted of 3 phases that had taken 3 days to complete, It tested their mental, physical and survival strengths. But due to the setbacks we had, we have only the funding and the ponypower to set up one test That will bring all the toughness of all 3 together into one!" [/colour]She yelled. The crowd did their thing and finnished. She turned her attention to Flashbomb[colour=#DAA520] "Since i have been recovering the wonderbolt team have been training, conditioning and preparing these young Cadets for the Grueling task ahead. They have been led by this Pegasus. Flashbomb Has brought the team together and worked hard to keep the learning process going. Without him none of this would have been possable. Each wonderbolt has set up a part of the course to test the Cadet's meddle and i would like to thank them as well for their hard work." [/colour]She announced. She breathed again [colour=#DAA520]"And now without Further ado, here is The pegasus who brought everyone together to explain the course!" [/colour]She announced. Flash got up and trotted forward, he thanked Spitifire and stepped forward. He felt the gazes of everypony on him, He took a deep breath and readied himself.

(Got to go to class so i gotta finnish when i get back You guys can rp what you are doing at this moment if you so please :3)