The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

[colour=#daa520]"Are you insane? How could you forget me?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"I don't remember you at all." [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget told the alicorn in front of him.[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"If this is a way out of our marriage-"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gadget looked terrified. [/colour][colour=#0000CD]"Marriage?!?"[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]​"Well of course! We are engaged!" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gadget's eyes shrank, his heart felt like it stopped beating for a second then went very, very fast. He looked at her for a second, a gasp of air escaped his lungs, then he bolted by swift blitz and made his way to angel snapp.[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"ANGEL!ICAN'TREMEMBERWHOIAMANDNOWTHERE'STHISALICORNPRINCESSTHATISTELLINGMEWEAREENGAGEDTOBEMARRIEDANDIDON'TREMEMBERPROPOSINGTOANYPONYANDNOWIHAVETOMARRYHERANDIDIDN'TDOANYTHINGANDSHEKEEPSCALLINGMEGIZMO!!!!!!!!!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]He shouted so loud that possibly everypony in the academy could hear him.[/colour]

The two siblings had situated themselves in the air a decent height above the course. Velocity was experimenting with the many different features showing up on his HUD. He found one of them allowed him to enhance his ocular range, as if he were looking through a telescope. He watched each of the cadets for a few seconds each, watching the shifting blue auras surrounding them, before shifting his gaze to the crowd, [colour=#daa520]"Note to self... Don't turn your head to fast when you're zoomed in. It will make you seasick."[/colour] He heard Gadget shouting, and looked in his direction, [colour=#daa520]"What now?"[/colour]

Shimmer was doing more or less the same. Her attention was drawn more towards the shouting coming from Gadget than her brother's. She raised an eyebrow behind the mask, letting her HUD take control for a second as it seemed to run a scan of the distressed stallion, showing her his medical condition, as well as the BPM of his heart, [colour=#696969]"Well this is a handy feature. Especially if we're dealing with ponies who are going into shock or badly injured. The uses of these masks are insane... That Dawn sure knows what she's doing."[/colour]

Angel was trotting to the starting gate when Gadget inturrepted him. He spoke fast and was obviusly upset. "Whoah Whoah! Calm down Gadget. And start from the beggening!" He told him. Angel looked up, All eyes were on them. This was very akward, Even Celestia's attention was turned on the two stallions. He took a moment to collect his thoughts "Why did Gadget come to me for help" Angel shook the thought out of his head and placed a hoof on Gadget's Shoulder. "Start from the beggening Gadget" He tryed to calm down Gadget

[colour=#0000cd]"Okay, so I don't remember anything from a year ago, as you already know, and suddenly this mare shows up from out of nowhere and claims that I'm her fiancee and she's hunting me right now!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget told angel as Sundial trotted into the area. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"There she is!" [/colour][colour=#000000]He said trying to hide behind angel. Sundial spread her wings [/colour][colour=#000000]by accident and her horn started to glow for no apparent reason gadget could make. Soon Swift blitz also trotted in from behind Sundial.[/colour]

Angel sighed "Well it sounds to me like you have some unfinished buesness, Just talk to her" He told him. The alicorn appered and gadget tried to hide behind angel. He was acting like a colt afraid of the cooties or something "Come on gadget, Don't get me involved in this. I can't help you, I don't know what you did eather." Angel explaned.

Flashbomb looked to see that gadget had been freaking out about something, he couldnt make out what it was nor did he care at the moment, He couldnt mess up here infront of the princesses and the very large crowd. He cleared his throat and looked at the cowd [colour=#0000FF]"Thank you all for coming to the final test, as you know we have had to diminnish the test to just one day. That does not mean though that it will be easy. Usually we partake in a 3 day course as Spitfire had implied but we have come up with a course that will be very tough and will be worthy to test the Cadet's meddle." [/colour]He announced. He looked over the crowd [colour=#0000FF]"Now you may be asking yourself, What could the wonderbolts do to make a course so hard? What makes it good enough? I assure you it is tough enough, The course is broken into multiple parts and i will explain them now."[/colour] (I broke it into a list so that it will be easier to track, Just pretend Flash is saying them in Speech from.)

1st Phase (WINGS NOT ALLOWED)

1st The Wonderbolt charge

Cadets will charge half way down the Runway and tackle 200 pound sand bag dummy barriers, they must push thier own 25 feet and then they can move on to the next course.

2nd The Arctic Plunge

Cadetsmust bravely jump into The floating iceberg abyss. Once submerged, find the mental and physical strength to swim through the ice, under a wooden plank and pull yourself out on the other end before you become hypothermic.

3rd The submerged tunnel

Crawl through a series of pipes that force you on a downhill into some freezing mud, then a slippery uphill to the other side. You will be submerged up to the nose in water. The tunnel is so narrow your wings will be useless.

4th Stormcloud shock

Sprint through a field of sustained lightning strikes. (Like live exposed wires but lightning energy. some carrying as much as 10,000 volts of electric shock. Their is 2 foot mud so be carfull not to slip, No crawling under the wires for it tests your endurance.

5th Water cannon Trot

Run back down the runway and turn to run back into the 2nd phase after this one ( The runway is only so long so you gotta turn around) Run Halfway down the Runway while being hit with High pressure water from both sides, You will be soaked to the bone and you will trip from the cannons. If you fall out of bounds between the lines you have to start this 5th challenge over.

2nd Course (Wings allowed)

6th Thunder Cannons

Fly and dodge 20 storm clouds that eminate an ear cracking thunder boom shockwave. Try not to be disoriented

7th Deadly dive

Fly to the top of the 300 foot cylender storm cloud and dive straight down trying to avoid the Hail, sleet and Lightning as you fall

8th Cloud smash

Try to break through a 50 foot thick cloud that has up to 10 sheets of thick ice in its midst

HOME STRETCH

No wings

Bob underneath rows of floating barrels as you battle the frigid water temperatures. This obstacle requires mental grit, as extreme cold can be as challenging mentally as it is physically. Focus on breathing, and move quickly through the water to complete the Underwater Tunnels and warm up once you are ashore.

Finnish!

10th

Wings allowed

Shoot as fast as you can the full length of the runway after all the grueling events with a 200 pound bag of Sand on your back, No landing or you will have to start the 10th over again.

Graduates: First 10 to finnish

Flashbomb looked around at every pony once he finnished. He grabbed a Storm popper (starting Gun) And prepared it

[colour=#0000FF]On your marks Get set Go! [/colour]*BAM!*

CloudDasher listened as FlashBomb explaned the course. She knew that this wasent going to be easy, But she would pass, No she needed to pass. She looked up at Velocity and winked. FlashBomb shot a storm popper and CloudDasher dashed out of the starting gate. Making sure to pace herself. A quarter down the runway when she passed celestia, It seemed as if time slowed down for a moment. She looked over and through the corner of her eye winked at celestia and luna. Then time speed up again. She made it to the sand bags and pushed it the required 25 Feet. Helping FlashBomb with them before had helped with this excersize. She reached the artic plung, There was no time to think twice about jumping, She took a deep breath and jumped in the freasing water. She struggled at first but then she managed to move forward and under the plank. She pulled herself out and shook off her coat. She got to a tunnel and crawled inside. At first it seemed as if it was a simple waterslide, Once she reached the bottom the water was.very high. She managed to navigate throught the dark to a up-hill tunnel. She stumbled a few times but eventually made it up and out. She was again, Soaking wet.

(OOC: Now I want to run the tough mudder.)

Velocity caught the wink through his enhanced sight. He chuckled and threw her a salute, as if to say 'good luck'. He and Shimmer watched the cadets running the course. Some obstacles weren't to different from what they had to during basic. As single obstacle they weren't to difficult, but throwing them together would prove extremely taxing in the long run. If these cadets made it through this in one piece, they would be prepared for just about anything.

(HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS THE COURSE I CHOSE TO MIMIC!? i ran it once and it is very very HARD!)

Princess Celestia watched in anticipation at the event start. She thought that the Courses seemed harsh but the wonderbolts were the best fliers in equestria after all. She saw a cadet mare run by and she swore she winked at her and her sister. She giggled slightly.

Flash pulled his mask down and took off into the sky with reletive ease, He barely moved his wings and was already above the cadets, He activated the Aroura Monitor and caught sight of Cloud Dasher as she dived into the water He watched her blue energy move under the water and out the other side. He kept circling in the air watching the other Arouras as they followed her close behind. He noticed a Cadet stallion take the lead from her during the tunnels and shoot out infront of her. [colour=#0000FF]"Come on Cloud Dasher pick up the pace...." [/colour]He whispered under his mask.

(Because that's the reason I started getting into shape in the first place! My cousin ran it a few years ago, and my sister and I discussed running it with a friend of ours and my brothers. We haven't, but someday, we most likely will. Also, sorry for this just being an OOC post, I can't really think of anything for the siblings to be doing at the moment.)

CloudDasher ran to the stormcloud shock. CloudDasher ran through the mud. Keeping her footing. The stallion just in front of her. She doges a lightning strike and makes it to the end of the feild. She ran back over to the runway where she passed the Stallion who steped out of bounds and had to start again. She got blasted from the right side and she swore she could hear sorin laugh. The crowd cheered, CloudDasher hoped it was for her. She knew Celestia was watching, This was no time to skrew up. She made it to the end. Nearly stepping out of bounds. Finnaly she could use her wings. She smiled, it was time to show off. She opened her wings and with a burst of air she was in the air. Leaving a cloud of water where she once was. She flew into the feild of clouds, The noiskilled her ears but she dodged the clouds coming out of the other side. She smiled looking back at the audence. She was going strong.

Swift Blitz was running on the course along with her fellow cadets. She made with princess sundial but now she told her she had to run now. She kept going, focusing only on the course ahead of her. She charged forward but it wasn't enough, she wasn't in first, or second, or third, she was practically last, right behind some slow stallion. She didn't want to disappoint her friends, or her family, so she charged again. She was no longer dead last but she was very close to the bottom. [colour=#800080]I'm not doing so well..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She thought to herself.[/colour]

CloudDasher flew about 200 feet down to the Deadly Dive.. She stopped for a moment, Trying to find the perfect window to go in. A few moments passed and she saw it, She dove in the top of the twister and was meet immediately with hard winds and hail. She struggled and nearly lost control the first 100 feet down. The winds were going hard and she was hit by a big chunk of ice. Knocking her off course. "[colour=#00ffff]Crud crud CRUD![/colour]" She yelled as she regained her composure. She nearly had gotten flown out of the giant twister. She got to the bottom and exited. She war breathing hard now. Next was the hardest. She got up to the hard cloud she had been carrying with FlashBomb not an hour ago. "[colour=#00ffff]Remember me? Well im going to beat the living cud out of you![/colour]" She yelled at it as she began to kick out with hind-legs it with her hind legs. She got through the hard outside to be meet with multiple ice-sheets inside. She attempted to break through them and got about 3 out of the way, But it was taking too long. She flew out of the cloud and gained altitude. She dive bombed the cloud and flipped on her back so her hind legs were facing the hole she was working on. Then "WAM!" A few more sheets were out of the way. She kicked through a few more. And she was done. She breathed heavily now. She had only 2 more stretches She jumped down from the cloud and landed next to the pool of water. There was no time to catch her breath. She dove in and began to swim under the barrels floating on the surface. Half Way she stopped and gained more air. It was horrible. Underwater being out of breath. She nearly breathed in water on multiple occasions. She reached the end of the pool and dragged her aching body out of the water. She tried to stand but collapsed "[colour=#00ffff]No no no! Just a little more.. Come on![/colour]" She thought to herself. She tried to stand one more time. Panting now, She over to the 200 pound sand bags.. She put the bags on her back and spread her wings.. Flying about only 3 inches above the ground. She groaned . Helping FlashBomb once again sorta helped with this experience Half way there, She nearly touched the ground but pulled up at the last second. All she could think about was not disappointed the crowd in front of her... Especially Celestia and Luna. 3/4 of the way there now. She looked back, A few cadets were right on her tail. She pressed on. Painting.. She wanted so bad just to give up right then and there. But something pushed her to cross the Finish line. She had no idea what position she finished in.. All she knew was that it was over. She dropped the sand bags and fell on the ground moaning "[colour=#00ffff]Water...[/colour]"

Flashbomb watched Cloud Dasher zip throught the bolts of lightning and through the other 2 parts of the course he felt happy for her and how well she was suceeding in the courses. He saw that Celestia and Luna were enjoying themselves, They were smiling and cheering slightly for the cadets. Flash smiled until he looked back to Cloud Dasher who was showing off now, He grimmiced when he realized she was completly distracted. He then got a burst of relief when She had finnaly focused and dived into the cylinder, All he could see was her Aroura bouncing around like a ragdoll inside the Twister. He saw several more arouras chasing after her, He hoped that she would stay in the top 10 to Graduate. He saw her pull herself under the Tornado and into the ice cloud, with much effort she had broken through and flew through before the ice reformed to keep things fair. She then jumped into the water with the barrels, He noticed that when she had fatigued her essence had faded. He realized that it was a nother feature of the masks to which he thought was usefull. He zoomed in to see that she had dragged herself out and flopped on her side. Her sides heaving He felt a stone in his gut and felt an urge well inside him [colour=#0000FF]"NO! CLOUD DASHER GET UP! YOU WORKED TO HARD TO GIVE UP NOW! GET UP!" [/colour]He shouted from behind his mask. She stuggled to her hooves jsut as another cadet passed her. She grabbed the sandbags and stuggled to fly. He felt himself start to cheer for her [colour=#0000FF]GO CLOUD! KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO IT! PUSH YOURSELF! GO!" [/colour]he cheered. He saw her Essence fade to non existance. She finnaly crossed the Finnish line and collapsed. He Cheered with happiness for her, she had finnished first just ahead of the 2nd place cadet. He Did a loop and cheered some more.

Celestia smiled when the first cadets started to finnish, She felt concerned for the Cadet who collapsed. She waved for a guard and whispered to him to help her and get her some water. The guard nodded and trotted over to Cloud Dasher. and lent her a helping hoof, They hauled her up and balanced her between them to keep her from falling again. They helped the Shakey pegasus to a bench to rest they handed her a bottle of water and patted her on the back for her Acompolishment.

CloudDasher suddenly felt a hoof help her up. She was stabilized by two guards. She assumed they heard her call. They put her on a bench. She was soaking wet and shivering. They handed her some water and she downed it in 10 seconds flat. She looked back. She had finished in first "[colour=#00ffff]N...No...Nothing to it...[/colour]" She managed to say through the shivers. SHe looked back at the crowd, She couldn't remember if they had cheered for her, It didnt matter though. She was a WonderBolt now. Well almost, The graduation still needed to take place.

Lyria stayed next to the course. [colour=#800080]Hm... I wonder if I could do anything to help... [/colour][colour=#000000]She looked over to Angel. [/colour][colour=#800080]"He's busy with photography..." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Luna watched as the pegasi went around the course, and turned to her sister. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"This is a great Academy... Am I right dear sister?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She looked back to the course, and recognized the purple pegasi. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"Lyria!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She said quickly, trying to keep her royal stance.[/colour]

Lyria listened as her name was called, and turned. [colour=#800080]"Luna!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She smiled, and galloped over to the Princesses. She bowed in front of them. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Hello my majesties." [/colour]

Velocity and Shimmer cheered as the Cadets crossed the finish line. They shot from their positions in the air towards the ground, a sharp whistling sound following them as the cut through the air. Velocity trotted towards Cloud Dasher, scanning her condition with the mask, [colour=#daa520]"She's worn out. I guess that's to be expected."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He pushes the mask up, smiling, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Looks like you made it. Congrats."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer took it upon herself to scan the rest of the cadet's conditions. Despite the fact that most of these guards probably outranked her, she still shouted to them the conditions of the cadets and what they needed. The Academy had its own medical staff that would probably be here soon enough, but she still felt obligated to help. Despite Velocity being her elder, she was the more level headed of the two.[/colour]

Princess Celestia Heard Luna Comment on the Greatness of the Academy. She smiled brightly [colour=#FFD700]"It is a wonderfull school." [/colour]She agreed. She saw a purple pegasus mare come to them, she recognised her as her 2nd niece (i think) [colour=#FFD700]"Hello Lyria how are you?" [/colour]She chimed to her. She saw a couple more Cadets cross the finnish line.

Flashbomb felt beeming with pride he decended down to The ground and landed next to Cloud Dasher [colour=#0000FF]"You did Excelent! Im very Proud of you!" [/colour]He said. He gave her a pat on the back [colour=#0000FF]"Your a great mare!" [/colour]He said aloud and noticed what he had said. He went red with embarissment. [colour=#0000FF]"S....sorry, just really proud of you." [/colour]He said to try and save himself. He watched the other cadets and figured that there was 4 more places for graduates left.

Blitz made it over the finish line, barely in time. She managed to place in ninth. Most of it was difficult but she did it. She would finally graduate as a wonderbolt. She looked up into the crowd watching but realized that no one would look for her. Most of the other cadets would have a mentor to smile proudly at but she had nopony. It was quite the problem for her. Still she made it, with or without a mentor. She made her way back to the barracks, not bothering to talk with nopony. She looked at a mirror where she stood on the opposite, she had a few cuts and a few bruises on her body but other than that she really hadn't changed much from when she came here. Well at least physically. She sat on a bed and looked down t the floor, crying. She didn't know why she was crying though and stopped the minute she did. Blitzy got up and made her way out of the barracks and to look for a certain meal that may or may not involve a lot of apple cider. (She loves apples.)

Gadget looked at the alicorn that stood in front of her. [colour=#0000CD]"W-who are you?"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"My name is sundial, princess of time, and your soon to be wife."[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"That's impossible, Time Spinner said that I was too young to have done anything too important before my amnesia." [/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"You were very young when you proposed to me, after you did we had a big party with just the family, of course. Then after a few days you disappeared and I couldn't find you among the time lines."[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Timelines? You act like you can control time."[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Well that would be because I can."[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"No you can't. There are only two time travelers in equestria, Time Spinner, and Doctor whooves and I'm not even sure if the second ones real!"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"..."[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"What?"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"This...Time Spinner can control time as well?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Y-yeah...so?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sundial was quiet for a second. [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Nevermind, so you don't remember who you were before your amnesia?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Stephano..."[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"What?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"I said nothing."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sundial sighed. She took a photo out of the pocket of her dress. On it was herself and her fiancee, Circut Breaker, but she always called him by his middle name, Gizmo.[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"See this was you, Gizmo."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gadget looked at the picture. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"I'm sorry, I think your mistaken, my name is Gadget Spinner, not Gizmo."[/colour][colour=#000000]He turned away from the alicorn leaving her to her sorrow and Gadget moved the other way towards the audience seating to find some other ponies. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sunndial looked as her heart was broken, her soon to be husband was now leaving in front of her, and she couldn't do anything about it...anything at all...she was useless, she felt her self start to slip, her wings started to feel like they were disappearing, then flared back and her mane started to age and feel old and grey, her body felt power course through her. She knew if she wanted to she could just end it all, just with one little belief everypony around them (Minus alicorns.) would die, but she she stopped herself and started to weep in the room, hoping nopony would find her.[/colour]

CloudDasher looked up. Somepony had given her a blanket at this point and she stopped shivering. Yet she was still wet. Velocity trotted up and told her congrats. CloudDasher smiled "[colour=#00ffff]Thanks[/colour]" FlashBomb trotted and sat next to Cloud. He told her that he was proud of her. And that she was great. He seemed to blush a little. CloudDasher laughed, She would have hit him on the back but she still was soaking wet at this point. "[colour=#00ffff]Couldn't have done it without ya Flashy[/colour]" She told him. She looked over. Angelsnapp was talking to some press pony's. Probably collaborating on getting photos for the paper. She looked to the stands, She wondered what would happen next.

[colour=#800080]"Hi!!"[/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria smiled, and hugged them both. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I'm fine, and you?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She smiled, and stood before them. Luna smiled, [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"I'm glad to see you young one. It feels like forever since I have." [/colour][colour=#800080]"I know!! I'm so excited to see you two as well!" [/colour]

Flashbomb Chuckled [colour=#0000FF]"Im sure you would have done fine without me." [/colour]He said. He looke dup to see the last Cadet finnish. He got up and flape his wings. [colour=#0000FF]"Alright now is time for the resting period, soon i will announce the newbloods." [/colour]He said. He trotted away to check on the cadets.

Velocity nodded slowly, [colour=#daa520]"Oooooh'kay, so he's your mentor." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said, partially to himself. His tone was like that of one who'd had an epiphany, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"He did a good job teaching you it seems."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer stopped her scanning of everypony after the last cadet crossed the line. She heard Flashbomb announce the rest period. She pushed the mask from her eyes. She enjoyed the bonuses it gave her, but she liked the feeling of looking about without the HUD's assistance. She meandered off in no particular direction as far as her knowledge[/colour].

[colour=#000000](OOC: And by that I mean I can't figure out who I want her to stumble across, Sundial or Blitz. :/ )[/colour]