The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

(OOC: I can go with Sundial.)

Shimmer wandered around for a few minutes, until she felt the nagging feeling the put her mask back on. She did and the HUD flashed to life in a burst of icy silver. She looked around with it on for a bit, and noticed the golden aura of an Alicorn that was separated from the rest of the group, [colour=#696969]"Well that's odd."[/colour][colour=#000000] She thought to herself. She trotted her way around until she found herself in the same room as the Alicorn. She pushed the mask up. Shimmer was able to tell that the Alicorn was upset, though what about she didn't know. She walked quietly forward, tilting her head slightly, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Hey... Are you alright?"[/colour][colour=#000000] She said softly.[/colour]

Drell watched Blitz as she walked, alone. The raven gave a low call, lifting himself into the air and gliding over to land in front of her, his head tilted so he was looking directly at her, his eyes almost questioning.

CloudDash laughed.. "[colour=#00ffff]Yeh, Hes my mentor.. why? Did you think he was something more? Did that make you jealous?[/colour]" She teased Velocity. CloudDasher let out a little sneeze and sniffled "[colour=#00ffff]Yeh, FlashBomb is pretty awesome, Almost as awesome as me[/colour]" She smiled

Sundial sniffled at mare in front of her. [colour=#daa520]"I...*sob* just lost my fiancee." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said very sadly and began to ball like a blubbering foal. [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Circuit...gizmo...Breaker! *Inaudible sobs and moans*." [/colour][colour=#000000]What if this was it? What if she could just end it, right here? Sure the alicorns would be alive and this...Time Spinner but time itself laid upon her back alone, she could just slip a little bit and everything would fall to the ground...or she could take after their mother and form another persona, one that bends time without listening to the rules of order.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"AH!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Blitzy said as the strange pegasus appeared in front of her. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Oh...uh you startled me. My name is Swift Blitz, but you can call me blitzy." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said.[/colour]

Flashbomb Flew Around helping many Cadets as he could, he distributed water and handed out towels to may others. He Finnishe this in no time and soon found that he had 15 minutes of noting to do. He Trotted over To Angel Snapp and taped him on the shoulder [colour=#0000FF]"Hey buddy, did you get any good shots?" [/colour]He asked him with a Friendly look in his eyes.

Princess Celestia got up slowly and allowed her sister and Lyria converse. She headed over to Cloud Dasher and smiled to her[colour=#FFD700] "You did very well young one, You have a spark of enthusiasum that Most ponies dont have." [/colour]She complimented her. She saw a Guard watching very closely and was prepared just in case Cloud Dasher tried anything. Celestia gave him a look and he backed off.

Velocity narrows his eyes at her, smiling partially, [colour=#daa520]"Maybe a little."[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]His tone was confusing. It was difficult to tell whether he was joking or being truthful. He looks mildly concerned when she sneezes, but still laughs at her final comment, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"At first I wasn't to sure what to think of your ego. I see now that there is actually some credence behind it." [/colour]

Velocity backed up slightly and bowed when Celestia approached.

[colour=#696969]"Oooooh..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Shimmer says. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]This was certainly not what she'd expected. She shuffled from one side to the other before stepping over to Sundial, putting a hoof on her back gently, [/colour][colour=#696969]"I can't really say I know how you feel, I've never been engaged before - heck, I haven't even considered pursuing a relationship yet in the first place - but I can try to[/colour] [colour=#696969]imagine how it hurts. Did he at least give you a reason?"[/colour]

Shimmer asked gently, [colour=#696969]"So help me, if he didn't give her a dang good reason I am going to beat him senseless."[/colour]

She laughed at herself a little inside. She was only just barely out of her teens, and here she was sounding like a mother to an Alicorn. Not only that but she was already considering causing physical harm. That probably wouldn't end well in the long run..

(OOC: Drell's a bird actually ;P Raven to be exact)

The corvid hopped from one side to the other, [colour=#008000]"Swift Blitz... Blitzy." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He said slowly. He stopped hopping and flapped his wings, hovering in front of her. He repeated her name a few more times and let out a call that sounded happy. [/colour]

[colour=#000000](OOC: I was reading up on facts about ravens ((which are as a result now becoming one of my favorite birds)), and it turns out they can actually be taught to imitate speech, and their calls can express a range of emotions, from happiness and tenderness, or surprise and rage. They are apparently one of the most intelligent birds there are.[/colour][colour=#000000])[/colour]

CloudDasher blushed a little "[colour=#00ffff]Well anyway[/colour]" CloudDasher was about to say something but Celestia approached her. Her eyes widened with excitement when Celestia complimented her performance. "[colour=#00ffff]uh.. Th.. Thank you ma'am! I hope you enjoyed my performance[/colour]" She told her. She went to salute but sneezed again.

AngelSnapp looked back at FlashBomb "[colour=#800000]I got a few.. Most of them were awesome! I think I got some really good shots.[/colour]" He told his freind.

(Night everypony)

(I also like raven's. Time Spinner actually has a white raven named nevermore who's going to appear in chapter 3.)

Swift Blitz looked at the raven. [colour=#800080]"That's right, Blitzy." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said with a smile.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sundial looked at the mare-guard through her tears. [/colour][colour=#daa520]"He has amnesia. He can't remember who he was before. Now he keeps calling himself, Gadget." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said sadly.[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Time for class...Thank celestia it's friday.)[/colour]

Celestia nodded to Velocity and turned her gaze back to Cloud Dasher [colour=#FFD700]"You and A few others on the Wonderbolt team have caught my Attention as well. May i ask you to gather Your friends after the Ceromony and meet me and spitfire in her office? Your not in trouble i can assure you that." [/colour]She said in her calm tone. The sound of Hooves on the stage had drawn her Attention to it. Flashbomb had taken the stage and waited patiently for everypony to quiet down. Celestia looked back to Cloud Dasher [colour=#FFD700]"Please excuse me." [/colour]She said as she turned back to trot to her seat. She sat next to luna and smiled to both her and Lyria [colour=#FFD700]"I appologise for the interruption." [/colour]She said. She looked back up to the stage where The blue Pegasus sat waiting still patiently

Lyria smiled.

[colour=#0000cd]"No apologies needed my dear sister." [/colour][colour=#000000]Luna said, looking up at the stage. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria looked around from her seat for a sight of Angel. [/colour]

CloudDasher's eyes widened with exitment "Of course ma'am! Ill be there" She told her. Celestia trotted back off into the stand with her sister. CloudDasher was about to tell FlashBomb about how she wondered about what was happaning, But he was already on the stand.

AngelSnapp joined FlashBomb on the stand. He stood beside and behind him. He looked over at lyria and nodded at her. It was a busy week and they hardly got to talk.

Flashbomb heard the crowd continuing to chatter He finnaly stepped in [colour=#0000FF]"Alright alright bring it down a few Octives!" [/colour]He announced. The crowd began to simmer down to whispers which was good enough for him. He smiled, [colour=#0000FF]"Congratualtions Cadets for Participating in the final test, It is with a heavy heart though that the cadets who did not place in the top 10 will not become wonderbolts. But do not be Discouraged! Spitfire wishes to welcome you back for another year to give it another shot!" [/colour]He shouted brightly. The crowd cheered and the cadets who didnt pass had a look of relief at this. Flashbomb waited once more for Silence, He looked around the crowd again [colour=#0000FF]"And as well i would like to extend a thank you to the Princesses whom Attended this test as well, your support is most appreciated." [/colour]He announced. The class roared again, Flash turned to Angel, [colour=#0000FF]"Wow a lively bunch arnt they?" [/colour]He said to his friend. The crowd finnaly cut off and looked at Flash, He smiled and extended his right wing to Angel beside him, [colour=#0000FF]"We have chosen Angel Snapp our team Photographer to Hand out the diplomas." [/colour]He said. He backed up and allowed Angel to step forward.

Blitzy looked at the raven in front of her. [colour=#800080]"I need to get going." [/colour][colour=#000000]but she didn't leave her spot. She continued to look at the raven, as if expecting a response.[/colour]

Velocity chuckled after Celestia left, "Summoned to an audience with Celestia? Nice."

"Oooh." Shimmer said, biting her cheek, "Yeah, I know him. Sort of. He fought my brother during the crisis. How did you come to know him?" She asked. She honestly had know idea how to handle the situation, but tried her best.

Drell rapidly shook his head, making an authoritative noise. He continued to make his call, and finally managed to work out the word, "Drell". Effectively his best way to introduce himself.

(Sorry for the lack of posting, I haven't had much time today)

AngelSnapp nodded to FlashBomb and trotted up to the stand. He opened his mouth and spoke "[colour=#800000]Being a wonderbolt takes more than knowing a few tricks. It takes Guts, Talent, And Teamwork. These cadets today showed how they can handle certain challenges and rise above their problems.[/colour]" The crowd cheered, FlashBomb was right. They were lively. "[colour=#800000]Today, We will welcome a few of those pegasi who have the right stuff to our team.[/colour]" He looked down to CloudDasher "[colour=#800000]Our top student at the academy this year was a young mare named CloudDasher. And she finished first during the exam. Cloud, Come on up.[/colour]" AngelSnapp bent down and grabbed a diploma from under the stand.

CloudDasher laughed. "[colour=#00ffff]My heart is racing.. I wonder what she wants.[/colour]" She said. She looked up to see AngelSnapp take the stand and call her name, CloudDasher was still soaking wet. But she didnt care. She put down the blanket and trotted up to the stage. The crowd cheered and she couldn't help but smile. She accepted the Diploma and trotted off stage. "[colour=#00ffff]Its official.. Im A wonderbolt! [/colour]" She Jumped a little then trotted back to her seat.

Velocity grinned, "I don't know much about Celestia's mind, but it can't be anything bad.

Drell nodded his head rapidly in affirmation. He then drooped his head and brushed his wings across his face, then dragged them across the ground as he slow walked, his head still hanging. He kept up the for a few seconds before looking a her with his head tilted, making a questioning 'awk'

[colour=#800080]"What are you doing?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Blitzy said as she backed up slowly. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Stop! please!"[/colour]

The bird complies, but looks at her face below her eyes, where tears would stream, tilting his head again. He was trying to ask her why she seemed sad, but unfortunately his charade skills were well below average, and his vocabulary was pretty limited.

(OOC: I am getting major Air Force Academy vibes with the Wonderbolt graduation ceremony. This is a good thing.)

AngelSnapp called a few other names and gave out the rest of the diplomas He reached the last name and called out "[colour=#800000]SwiftBltiz" [/colour]But the cadet was no-where to be seen\

CloudDasher grunted. She was anxious to meet with Celestia. If the cadet didnt show up soon. They would skip her name and close the ceremony. CloudDasher was still wet. But a little dryer than Soaking wet.

[colour=#800080]"Oh...why I'm sad? Well...it's weird. I guess cause every one of the cadets had a somepony there for them." [/colour][colour=#000000]Blitzy looked kind of sad[/colour] now.

Flashbomb had sat on his Hauches and watched as CloudDasher took her diploma, He was beaming with pride for her. He watched the other cadets as they filed onto the stage and Took their Diplomas. All was going so well until Swiftblitz came up. She was nowhere in sight and the service came to a hault. Flash waited for a couple moments and sighed, he trotted up to Angel,[colour=#0000FF] "Just stall for a moment, i will find her." [/colour]He whispered in his ear. He grabbed his mask on his forehead and slid it down, Once the suit formed on his body he took to the skies. He activated the hovering mode and began recon on the crowd, The life aroura feature was not enough and he grimmiced slightly. [colour=#0000FF]"Where did she go?"[/colour]He breathed behind his mask. Once he uttered this phrase the hud blinked and a list came up. He saw that it had a search for feature and the suit chimed for a command. [colour=#0000FF]"Um swift Blitz?" [/colour]He said to the interface. He felt a slight spark from his mind surge into the mask. It took his memory of her and how she looked and began its scan of the ponies in the area. It scanned each pony's face and kept blinking red when it didnt find the right one. He waited for the mask to find her.

If the cadet didnt show up soon. They would skip her name and close the ceremony.

(OOC: Oh shoot! Drell! Stop holding the poor girl up! You're going to ruin her future!)

The bird made a noise that was hard to decipher. Drell hopped from each side a few times, unable to think of any way he could convey a coherent response with movements.

Velocity made a concerned face when Swift Blitz didn't show up when her name was called. He pulled his mask down and connected to the intercom in Flash's, "[colour=#daa520]Any luck? I can run an aerial sweep of the grounds if you like." [/colour][colour=#000000]He paused, thinking for a few seconds, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Or we could call her name with the loudspeaker, see if that gets her attention." [/colour]*

[colour=#000000](* Ignore that last bit if you want to.)[/colour]

AngleSnapp made a facial expression that said "[colour=#800000]How do you expect me to stall?![/colour]" He looked back at the audience. They had grown silent. The awkwardness was immense. CloudDasher also felt it. AngelSnapp finally made up a excuse "[colour=#800000]It turns out that Blitz was just inside getting some water. She will be out shortly.[/colour]" He covered up the mic "[colour=#800000]Any luck Flash?[/colour]" He asked