The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

Flashbomb circled in the air continuing to scan each individual pony. The hud kept beeping with a red flash with each failed scan. He sighed and turned course, He heard the Radio crackle and a signal came through [colour=#FFD700]"Any luck? I can run an Ariel sweep of the grounds if you like." Or you could call her name with Loudspeaker,see if that gets her attention."[/colour] Flash heard Velocity say. He clicked to respond[colour=#0000FF] "I dont know, if you wish to." [/colour]He replied over the com, He heard the mask pick up Angel's voice [colour=#B22222]Any luck Flash?" [/colour]The voice was jarbled somewhat because it was just an arial pick up. Flash shook his head to him and hoped he would see his responce.

[colour=#daa520]"I think I might just do that, give the cadet a chance."[/colour][colour=#000000] Velocity shoots into the air, sweeping the area using the aura detector to locate any pegasi that might be absent from the ceremony. It isn't long before he notices one Pegasus on their own, as well as one standing with an Alicorn, though he wasn't able to tell who they were. He decided to bank towards the one that was on their own.[/colour]

Flashbomb soared above in the skies the crowd still being scanned, He saw Velocity take off down the runway to look for Blitz. [colour=#0000FF]"Let me know if you found her. We need to get this Ceromony wrapped up." [/colour]He said over the com signal. He saw that the hover meter had depleted and he was forced to flap his wings to stay flying. He felt Carefree in the skies but knew he had to stay focused.

Flashbomb looked to Lyria and smiled under his mask, [colour=#0000FF]"I think Velocity might have it under control, We need to wrap things up i got wind that Celestia wants to talk with some of us i guess." [/colour]He said to Lyria, He looked down to Angel and saw that the impending burn of the crowd's impatience was getting to him. He decended and landed, He pulled up his mask and tapped his friend on the shoulder [colour=#0000FF]"Just skip her for now, she will still get her diploma and graduate." [/colour]He whispered to him. He turned up the com [colour=#0000FF]"Velocity, the program is going to proceed and end, We are going to speak with Celestia soon, dont want to keep her waiting." [/colour]He said over the signal. He smiled back to the crowd and nodded to Angel. He Pulled the mask down and when the armor was set in he flew into the skies above.

Angelsnapp Sighed "[colour=#800000]Unfortunately everypony. SwiftBlitz has not been able to make it for some reason..[/colour]" He said through the mic. "[colour=#800000]So with that. I welcome the newest members of our team![/colour]" He said trotting off stage. The ceremony was complete.

CloudDasher waited for the ceremony to be over, Once it was, She trotted inside and waited for Celestia in the hall.

[colour=#800080]"Y-yes?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Swift said to the pegasus in the sky. She knew he was one of the guards but she didn't know him by name.[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Sorry I'm late, I went to bed early after a long day out.)[/colour]

"I see. I'll bring her along."

Velocity lands, gesturing with the horn on his helmet, "I regret to inform you that you missed the ceremony. However, your presence has been requested back at the Academy's main building b, I've come to retrieve you," he pauses for a second as Drell glides over to him, perching himself on the guard's armored wing, "Oh, so that's where you ended up."

He turns back to Swift Blitz, "Coming, Cadet-Graduate?"

[colour=#800080]"Of course." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said following velocity. She wondered about drell and his...zombie like way to ask why she was sad but shrugged it off a bit too quickly. She made her way to the building and entered. [/colour][colour=#800080]"So...why was I requested here?"[/colour]

Velocity shrugs slightly, "Princess Celestia wanted to see all the graduates. I'm not sure what her reason is, but I'm sure it's a good one."

(OOC: I have finally come up with a rank title for the siblings that isn't an official military rank, and it's kind of obvious now that I think about it: Sentinel.)

Flashbomb saw that alot of ponies were moving to the building, The crowd had disperssed and began to board the baloons to leave. He Radio'd Shimmer and Velocity both,[colour=#0000FF] "Kind of went of without a hitch, thats good." [/colour]He said. He saw a gold Aroura moving to the building where the Graduates were going. He decended and landed with a soft thump, He followed the princess to the building.

Princess Celestia watched the Crowd start to leave, she looked to Lyria and Luna [colour=#FFD700]"Lyria, would you kindly follow me to the main building? i would like to speak to you and the graduates. Luna you can come along if you so please." [/colour]She said with a smile. She trotted Magesticaly to the building.

[colour=#800080]"Yes Princess." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria nodded, and follow Celestia.[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"I shall come along my dear sister." [/colour][colour=#000000]Luna smiles.[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]"Got it."[/colour][colour=#000000] Velocity replied, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"I've got Swift Blitz. We're on our way in"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Oh, that's good to hear." [/colour]Was Shimmer's reply, [colour=#696969]"I'm wish an Alicorn who says she was engaged to Gadget before, only his name was different? She says he doesn't remember her... You know anything about this?"[/colour]

Flashbomb followed Celestia into the Building, he grimiced at how unkempt the walls and the building was. Pillars that held the roof were laying in a jumbled mess on the ground, There were holes and such in the walls and as well some repairs that were started lay unfinnished due to the event that was held not long ago. He bowed his head to the floor and kept walking with his friends still following Celestia. She peered around the room solemnly and seemed like she was deep in thought. They entered a meeting room that Spitfire had set up, it was reletively new and was for the most part undammaged. Spitfrie sat at the head of the table with the wonderbolts sitting nearby, she got up and bowed to Celestia in a moment of respect. She limped out of the way and allowed Celestia to sit down, there was space enough for her sister and the others to sit. A small platoon of guards entered and stood at attention around the room surrounding the others. Flash sighed, he felt so uncomfortable with the guards breathing down his neck.

Blitzy did not sit down at the table. She was so nervous about the princess and her absence at the ceremony. She did not sit down at all which was strange to Gadget as he plopped straight down into a chair, feeling very calm and collected.

Sundial still stayed in the ruins, trying to get over all of the negative feelings she had.

The room had quieted down and the 15 ponies that Celestia had requested to come had all arrived, The wonderbolts of earlier generations stood aside and waited intently. Flashbomb sat down with his mask still pulled up above his face, he wondered exactly what Celestia had wanted with all of them. She stayed silent for a moment and looked around the room, [colour=#FFD700]"Thank you all for coming to this meeting Graduates and wonderbolts alike. You perhaps might know why i have assembled you all here." [/colour]She said. Twilight trotted into the room and stood near the exit listening intently to what her mentor was saying to the others. Flashbomb smiled at her and she nodded back, He turned his attention back to Celestia.

Celestia got up from her chair and stood now [colour=#FFD700]"It has occured to me that the Shadowbolt attack on the Academy indeed had a much more deeper purpose than just wiping it off of the face of Equestria, But to bring back nightmare moon." [/colour]She said, she glanced over to Luna a solemn look in her eyes as though she had brought back dark memories. She closed her eyes and opened them to look at everypony once more, [colour=#FFD700]"I know that you drove them off when you destroyed a powerfull crystal that they had planned to use to obtain this goal. But i fear that it was not the last we will see of them, I suspect that something is coming that we are going to have to face soon." [/colour]She said. She paused then continued [colour=#FFD700]"With carefull planning, spitfire and i have come up with a solution. We use the wonderbolts for defence when it is needed, this paired with the royal guards such as Velocity and Shimmer helps quite a bit. I fear though that it wont be enough, we need a Squad that have both the training of Wonderbolts and Guards." [/colour]She said. Flashbomb stood up [colour=#0000FF]"What are you planning Princess?" [/colour]He inquired, a guard put a wing infront of him and Flash gave him a look. Celestia turned around and cleared her throat, The guard backed off and stood back. She looked to Flashbomb [colour=#FFD700]"I am saying Flashbomb, that i believe that since you and your friends have faced the Shadowbolts in battle i believe that your all fit to make this squad." [/colour]She said. Flashbomb flicked his ear, [colour=#0000FF]"Who would train us? Who would take the time to help us learn?" [/colour]He said. Celestia looked to Flashbomb and then looked to Velocity [colour=#FFD700]"I think that Velocity and her sister could help you learn how to be a guard,you could in turn teach them skills in the way of speed and agility. Would that be ok with you Velocity?" [/colour]She asked the guard.

CloudDasher fallowed FlashBomb into the room, As celestia explaned more. Cloud's Eyes grew wider and wider with excitment. Celestia had choosen her to protect all of equestria! Along side AngelSnapp and FlashBomb. Velocity and Shimmer. They would be unstoppable. CloudDasher smiled to herself (Sorry guys. Ill post more in depth when I get home, All I got right now is my mobile)

Shimmer stayed with Sundial. She figured that she should probably be in the meeting, but she couldn't bring herself to leave.

Velocity nodded, a very satisfied smile on his face, [colour=#daa520]"Of course Princess, it would be an honor. And I have to say, the timing of this request couldn't be more perfect. Shimmer and I recently sent a letter to Commander Jet-Stream of the Sky Raptors. Himself, alongside our brother, Captain Carmus and any of their troops we requisition, can be here within the next week. I'm sure that they'd love to help in the training as well, i[/colour][colour=#DAA520]f it is alright with you?[/colour][colour=#DAA520]"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He looks questioningly at both Celestia and Spitfire in turn. * From what he understood from Jet-Stream's stories growing up, he and Spitfire's predecessor had a small rivalry, though friendly, and would often pit themselves, alongside some Wonderbolts and Raptors, in competition. Velocity doubted that there'd be any rivalry anymore, but he would rather be safer than sorry. Fortunately his brother had been friends with Spitfire growing up, so that might stem things. *[/colour]

[colour=#000000](OOC: All text placed within the asterisks (*) is my personal head canon, and therefore is optional on whether or not you accept it and incorporate it, or ignore it entirely. I am OK with either choice.)[/colour]

(Im going to add something to the Nightmare Moon problem.)

[colour=#0000cd]"Dear Sister, I have something to add." [/colour][colour=#000000]Luna said, and stood. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"The Nightmares have been trying to get me back as their leader, get me back to Nightmare Moon, as Celestia said. But, I continued to refuse the offers, so they took off in sign of another. I have been checking everyponys' dreams[/colour] [colour=#0000cd]recently, to see whos dreams have been haunted by these Nightmares.. " [/colour]

Luna whispered.

[colour=#0000cd]"And they have been haunting one of you."

"I know who, but you wouldn't know. When they choose a new leader, they secretly start to take over ponies minds, corrupt them, make them think that nopony cares about them, and they act like your conscience. So you don't know that you've been chosen."[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"The visions don't count as nightmares, right?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget said in such a joking manner he forgot Luna didn't know about his visions. The training would be alright with him. He already knew how to use a blade...wait, how did he know how to fight again? Oh well it didn't matter.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Swift Blitz looked around the room, which of these ponies would they have to fight? It was a very dire situation.[/colour]

Celestia listened to Velocity intently and nooded to him [colour=#FFD700]"I am aware of Jet-Stream's arival and i agree that him and your brother can give much insight to The training than anypony else, The Sky raptors are perfect for the job." [/colour]She said. She heard Her sister, she looked troubled [colour=#FFD700]"Then we have a issue on our hooves that we need to watch out for, Luna could you keep your eye on this for me? We will need your watchfull eye to catch anything that could possably arise." [/colour]She inquired her. A guard trotted over [colour=#008000]"Your Highness, im sorry to intrude but your needed back in Canterlot. Commander Steele wants to make sure you are safe." [/colour]He said to Celestia. Celestia sighed [colour=#FFD700]"Alright." [/colour]She said, she looked to everypony in the room [colour=#FFD700]"I have arranged a transport to pick all of you up, Velocity and Shimmer will see you settled into the barracks in Canterlot." [/colour]She said. She nodded to her sister and Twilight whom was still watching from the entrance. She got up and trotted outside with the both of them [colour=#FFD700]"Now where did Dawn get off to?" [/colour]She said as they exited the building.

The room fell silent and Flash had his eyes closed deep in thought. After a long while he opened them, his Orange irisis burning in the sunlight. He got up and looked around the room to all of his friends that he made over the past year, He felt so greatfull for what he had and now they would all be brothers and sisters in arms soon. He trotted over to Velocity [colour=#0000ff]"I have to Thank you for taking up such a tough task to train us, Even though there is only 15 of us to train it has to be a large burden." [/colour]He said. He looked over to everypony in the room once more [colour=#0000FF]"Im sure we are all up to the challenge though! We all worked hard to get to where we are now and i think that we will be able to push further." [/colour]He said. He streched his wings and smiled [colour=#0000FF]"Guess we better pack up!" [/colour]He announced. He trotted to the exit and looked back, a moment of quiet and then he exited.

Lyria looked to Angel. [colour=#800080]"Shall we?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dawn trotted through the Canterlot roads, smiling. She decided to go visit her family to see if they needed any help. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Do you need any help Auntie?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Luna looked back to her sister. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"Sister, the one the Nightmare's chose was Lyria. They wanted to have her flying abilities and her great relationships with everypony. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]But the poor thing dosen't even look like she has been corrupted, but I feel the Nightmare's in the back of her mind, like her mind is trying to fight them off."[/colour]