The Quest for Two Worlds: Over the Skywall Mountains (OOC: Open)

Legend speaks of a journey...one that had taken years to end, a journey that led to the creation of Equestria as it is today. The creation of the Elements of Harmony, the rise of the Principality, the settlement of modern-day Equestrians...all can be linked to that dark moment in our history. Few know this story, but I for one have known it since I was but a foal...a tragedy passed down my bloodline for millenia until the moment that we could pass it on to somepony else...that somepony, is you. As you may know, our home is fading, and nopony can say why. The magic is disappearing, the Elements losing their strength, and our lands slowly dying of a mysterious illness. It seems...that our time in this alternate world we've created is coming to an end.

Nearly six thousand years ago, we Equestrians once went by another name, in a land completely different from where we live now; a country known as Heavana. We were the strongest of three kingdoms that inhabited the continent, but even we were no match for the power of Stalliar's wickedness. Our Queen's youngest brother used wicked and evil magics to create a path of destruction to our capital, the glorious Golden Mane. As a desperate action, the kind Queen Marella transported us to the towering Skywall Mountains...and commanded that we left the continent of Coltara, never to return. As ordered, our Elders took our ancestors and the Queen's daughters across the mountains and past the numerous lands that encompassed the world outside Coltara. It wasn't until we began to arrive in Saddle Arabia that we began to separate into different groups and continued along our way, until we finally arrived in the land promised to us by our Queen; what we know today as Equestria. With our arrival, the Elders used their life-forces to create the Elements of Harmony; a means to protect ourselves. With their creation, the path to Coltara was lost forever...never to be found again.

Despite my family's efforts to hold onto our forgotten history, several chapters of the Great Exodus still remain lost...and it wasn't until recently that the scholar Moonais Grimlock came to me in search of the truth. She had searched for a long time for us, apparently...and I felt it was time to pass on my limited history before my own time comes to leave this world. If you wish to find her, and discover for yourself how our origins came to be, head for Canterlot; she is gathering an exploration team to find the lost land of Coltara. Who knows...what you new-bloods may find could just alter the course of Equestria's history. May the stars guide your path, wherever it may lead you...

- Crimson Lantern, the Last Truth Chronicler.

Application Info:

Name: (Who you are; quite obvious, right?)

Age: (Are you young, old, middle-aged? If you have skill, it doesn't matter.)

Race: (Pretty much the same rules for race as in WoE RPs. AKA Basic Races.)

Profession/Job: (What your OC does best.)

Appearance: (Coat, mane, etc.)

Personality: (You cool, cruel, or a fool?)

History/Background: (What your OC's past was like, and how they heard of Moonais' call to arms.)

Goals/Objectives: (What does your OC stand to gain from discovering Equestria's past, or finding the way to Coltara?)

That's pretty much it. If anyone has further questions, please feel free to ask via PM or in this OOC. The number of OCs to be accepted range from 5-10 different OCs, with the exception of my own.

Character 1: Moonais Grimlock (Scholar/Noble of Unknown Origin) - LordMorrowind

Character 2: Rodel Stormfeather (Guard/Veteran Explorer) - LordMorrowind

Character 3: Huscarl (Professional Book Hoarder/Scholar) - Huscarl

Character 4: Red Herring (Bounty Hunter/Detective) - TheBritishBrony

Character 5: Open

Character 6: Open

Character 7: Open

Character 8: Open

• Like 1

Interesting RP setting. A very in depth and ambitious first Roleplay attempt, but I like it.

Are dragons allowed to be entered as characters? Or is the application process restricted to quadraped creatures?

Interesting RP setting. A very in depth and ambitious first Roleplay attempt, but I like it.

Are dragons allowed to be entered as characters? Or is the application process restricted to quadraped creatures?

On the contrary; this is an off-shoot from one of my friend's incredibly in-depth and gigantic world of Coltara. I am actually quite experienced with forum-based role-plays, and with my friend's permission, I plan on reviving her richly-imagined world. If this RP does well, I will open Coltara up to exploration. As for dragons; yes, they are available but must be of similar or slightly larger size compared to equines. For ex., a taller version of Spike would be acceptable.

Ahh, seeing your guidelines being similar to WoE. I might as well throw in my accepted dragon into the mix.

http://www.canterlot...-huscarl-ready/

I believe this answers all your required fields other than the last appropriately. :)

Goals/Objectives: To horde the available information in his cave in order to recapture and preserve a forgotten past what might otherwise be lost to time for the rest of eternity.

Hmm, I absolutely like your dragon, Huscarl. Excellently detailed and envisioned, if I say so myself. Only one more question before I accept your application; how did Huscarl hear about Moonais' summons? How did he arrive, what exactly influenced him to search for her? It is rather important for the in-between.

Background: Rumor spreads like an infection throughout Equestria. A scholar looking for a team to seek out a long lost land? Could you just imagine the types of forgotten history and relics that would be hidden in such a place? Huscarl breeds an undying passion to search out such a person and take part in such. He definitely is well versed in what an explorer would want in their party.

Wow, this looks really deep. It's good to see that Valence's world of Coltara hasn't been forgotten, a shame that she is still on her big hiatus. Anyways though, here is my app.

Name:[colour=#282828] Red Herring.[/colour]

Age:[colour=#282828] He's middle aged, about 30.[/colour]

Race:[colour=#282828] Unicorn.[/colour]

Profession/Job:[colour=#282828] Detective and part time adventurer/bounty hunter.[/colour]

Appearance:[colour=#282828] A[/colour][colour=#282828] tall and lightly built stallion, he has a bland, grey coat and crimson red mane, with bright crimson eyes. While seeming quite average to the normal onlooker, he is capable of quick bursts of speed, and can handle himself in a fight if blows come to blows. He will normally be wearing a dark grey military style overcoat, and the trademark black fedora that comes with the detective business.[/colour]

Personality:[colour=#282828]Red is a stallion of mixed personas, although his normal demeanor will be that of a charming, quick talking rogue who can talk his way out of most situations. While he is normally sober, he has been known to drink when he is sad, depressed, happy, or many other moods. This drinking problem will not cut from his razor sharp wit though, as although he will not seem like much, he hides a fierce intellect and is a nimble fighter when provoked. Although, sometimes his attention span can be the equivalent of a sparrow's, and he tends to obsess over any question that comes his way, be it worthy of his time......... Or not. He has his flaws, but is a resourceful and tactful stallion, who is not afraid to get his hooves dirty when he is needed to take action[/colour]

History/Background:[colour=#282828]From the time when he was a foal, the world always presented Red Herring with more questions than answers. Always the smart-flank, his demeanor often got him into trouble, earning him the title of one of his town's most disliked young colts. Being an orphan though, there wasn't much more that he could do. He moved out of his orphanage and joined the equestrian military force as soon as he could, and for a while made a living as a sergeant who was hated by his men. One crucial mistake cost him his career though, as being drunk while manning a vital sentry post isn't the best of decisions, and was dishonorably discharged. Soon after though, he donned the iconic fedora and began his career as a successful detective, solving case after case in Canterlot. While he was happy, he still missed the combat side of his military career, and added part time bounty hunting to his list of skills. It still wasn't enough though, there were still too many unanswered questions. He was drawn to ancient history and philosophy, fascinated by Equestria's long forgotten past, and began to study and explore ancient tombs and archaeological sites. Soon enough, word reached him of a scholar looking for a team to explore a supposed ancient land, and while a tad wary at first, he gave up his detective job and left Canterlot to join the group.[/colour]

Goals/Objectives:[colour=#282828] Red believes that this ancient land will hold the answers to the questions in life, the questions he has been dying to answer since foalhood. Whether he is right or wrong, he believes it will at least shed some light on it. Besides, he's been bored recently anyways.[/colour]

Red Herring appears to be a very exceptional OC. Accepted!

As for Miss Val, yes, it is a shame that she had to take the hiatus she is on. However, her stories and ideas are in good hooves, I assure you ;). I've been with her since the beginning, so I know all about how the plots are supposed to be ran and all the information that comes with them. Also, it's good to finally meet you, TBB. I'm glad you've kept an interest in her RPs, despite Miss Val's many disappearances.

• 3 weeks later...

Now this looks incredibly interesting. A promise for adventure is always good news.

Name: Flashfire (Mostly known as 'The Pale Pony')

Race: Unicorn.

Profession: Alchemist. Flashfire sells his potions for great prices. He is also incredibly experienced with fire magic.

Appearance: Flashfire has pale fur. Black tattoos snake along his body. His tail is short and choppy, while his mane us long and thick. Both his mane and tail have a red/white colour pattern to them. He has orange eyes. Flashfire usually wears his cloak, hood pulled over his face.

Personality: Flashfire is very greedy for power. His intense lust for power is what drives his to do the most insane things. Flashfire is normally rude to those who have nothing to offer him. Flashfire is very full of himself, acting as if he is above all others. Occasionally another will impress him, earning his respect. Once Flashfire has a goal, however, he will stop at nothing to reach it. His goals will always be some way of increasing his own power.

History: Flashfire grew up traveling from place to place. He hated his parents, so he left them at a very early age. Flashfire settled with some carnival ponies for a long while, where he learned about his skills with fire magic. Once he started researching magic, Flashfire became obsessed with increasing his power. As he grew older, he took many wounds in his adventures. So many, in fact, that he would normally be dead. Fortunately, he discovered a remedy to heal his wounds, as well as stay his age. Without a monthly dose of his potion he will suffer all his wounds and all his years at once. The news of Coltara spread around Equestria like a plague, almost instantly gaining Flashfire's attention. A new world meant new power.

Goals: Flashfire isn't really sure what to expect, apart from new powers, adventure in a new land, and a grab at the legendary Coltara treasures. (Or so he has been lead to believe)