Character Development RP (OCs only)

Alright, first of all I'm not excited about starting an RP because of how much stuff is going on IRL for me at the moment. That being said, I've decided to start a slow/long-term character development RP.

What is a slow/long-term character development RP you might ask? Well, I'm glad you did! Lets take a look!

Slow - Though there may be times when a number of ponies might be on at the same time and having a grand old time, that is not the expectation. A slow RP is one where you login, read, post, and move on. Come back a few hours later, after you get home from work, for a few minutes in the morning, or only on the weekends...whatever works best for you!

Of course this requires a little change in your posts, leading to rule #1.

Long-Term - This RP is designed to run perpetually. There is no ultimate quest or event that will end the RP, leading to rule #2.

Character Development RP (C-Derp) - The most important part. The purpose of this RP is to help everypony developer their OCs through use and practice. You can write the most extensive background and bio, but without practice the character is still new and undeveloped. Try out new accents, traits, emotions, etc., that's the point. See rule #3.

Rule 1). Do your best not to lock the storyline into waiting for a specific event or pony's response. Also, do not be offended if the story moves on because you weren't online.

Rule 2). Don't end the RP. Plots and small storylines can come and go, but don't create epic plots that will be hard to follow with a new story. Stick to daily life for the most part.

Rule 3). What happens in C-Derp stays in C-Derp. This is a playground for characters, so don't take what happens here to other RPs, unless the author decides to.

That being said, post your bios below for acceptance and discussion! CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY...and don't get hurt if someone doesn't like your character idea or your suggestions. If you disagree, move on and everypony SMILE!

~~~~~~~~~~

Name:

Mare/Stallion/Colt/Philly:

Earth/Unicorn/Pegasus/Alicorn:

Bio:

~~~~~~~~~~

(Obviously feel free to edit your bio as you learn more about your character!)

Basic setting to start out: Ponyville in the same general time as the show. Sadly, this means no future ponies or past. Your character character can be a resident of Ponyville, visiting, just moved here, or just moving through. Once we have enough interest, I'll start a thread in the RP section.

I am also interested in participating in this. I just need to decide which character to use/whether or not I want to create a new character for this.

The problem with my main character is that a)she lives in Cloudsdale and b)she loves Cloudsdale. But there aren't too many Cloudsdale RPs around, I'm guessing because they are limited to Pegasi.

I'll probably decide which character to use when everypony else decides on a setting for this RP.

Edit: Jane, learn to read.

xZccN.png

Name: Stormwing

Young Stallion

Pegasus

Bio: Stormwing was born and raised in Cloudsdale. His father left when he was quite young, and he doesn't have a very good relationship with him. (He's just that guy who only ever gets mentioned when the child support is late. Which, to Dad's credit, wasn't too terribly often) Stormwing was raised mostly by his mother, Windygust, who worked long hours at the factory yet still managed to make time for her two foals.

Unlike his younger sister, Whirligig, Stormwing remembers his father as being a jovial man who was a great Dad, and always wondered why his mother wasn’t the best mare for him anymore. He was troubled for a few years following his father’s departure. It wasn’t until later in life that he recognized his mother’s resilience and determination, and accepted that her love for him was enough.

Stormwing isn’t as bubbly as his sister – he’s calmer and more reserved, but that doesn’t mean he’s socially awkward. He may not be terribly handsome, but he’s sympathetic and charming to make up for it – he has plenty of admirers of the female variety and he knows it, but he tries not to let the attention go to his head. He is also disorganized – his bedroom is always in dissarray and he’s often late. If he wasn’t such a good weather pony once he showed up, his supervisor would have fired him by now.

His cutie mark of a storm cloud was earned when he did his first junior apprenticeship with the field weather team outside Cloudsdale. He helped the Ponyville team arrange the clouds for a thunderstorm, and received praise for his successful attempts. He enjoyed the experience and decided that he wanted to be a field weather pony, and that’s when his cutie mark appeared.

Now he works in Ponyville as part of the weather team. He’s one of the stronger fliers, and a very diligent worker once he gets going. He lives in Ponyville – he rents a small, one-bedroom flat in a converted house which is always a disaster. When he’s not chasing the more attractive mares, he’s reading adventure novels or spending time with his sister. He also goes for drinks on Friday nights, usually in Ponyville but every so often Whirligig manages to drag him up to Cloudsdale.

Additional Info:

Creppy Pony Creator design:

X1qdMyj.png

Cutie Mark:

Pal27W5.png

Thanks for the post, Jane! Guess you're going with the cloudsdale pony. :-). I'm sure there will be opportunity to RP up in the clouds once in awhile. Decent backstory too! I love the names for the characters and the character traits.

Character accepted! When we get a couple more bios posted (and I'll get mine up there when I think he's ready) we will get started.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing from Derpyy and HypnoticD too!

musica_mark_clipp_by_accellerant-d61bbsp.png

Roleplay Type: [colour=#282828]World of Equestria[/colour]

Name:[colour=#282828] Musica-Lee Noted[/colour]

Sex:[colour=#282828] Female[/colour]

Species:[colour=#282828] Pegasus[/colour]

Eye colour:[colour=#282828] Sea Green[/colour]

Coat:[colour=#282828] Her coat is soft and consists of a cream colour, a pale yellow so to speak. Musica is always caught wearing two sets of bracelets on the lower portions of her legs. On her front left are two silver bangles resting just above her hoof, and on the back right are a matching set of silver bangles resting just above her hoof. She is also normally wearing an over-sized bow that corresponds with a fashionable vest. Being her favorite colour is the sea-green like her eyes, she is commonly seen wearing a sea-green pinstripe vest with a matching bow.[/colour]

Mane/Tail:[colour=#282828] Free like the wind, her mane is flowing and wavy. coloured as this dark red/chestnut brown colour, Musica's mane and tail add contrast to the rest of her appearance being one of the darker colours she has. Her mane flows to her right side normally and hangs a few inches down from the base of her neck. It is thick, and full. Around her face her mane even has bangs that delicately rest upon her forehead. Naturally Musica's mane has a hint of volume, too. Her Tail, matching the same deep red/chestnut colour of her mane, is just as thick and full as her mane. It is wavy and extends down to a little more than half of the length of her back haunches. Musica's Tail also is a bit wavy. In her normal ensemble, Musica normally has an oversized bow tangled neatly into the back of her mane which matches her outfit. Commonly, her oversized bow is a sea-green colour.[/colour]

Physique: [colour=#282828]For a Petite pegasus, Musica' is rather short for the average mare at this time though she is still growing. Musica is seen as relatively fit for her body type. Shorter-legged, more full around her overall body. She is commonly caught wearing an oversized bow which would match the colour of her pinstripe vest. Resting just above her left front hoof and right back hoof are a matching sets of silver bangles that she never takes off. She's had the bangles since she was a young foal.[/colour]

Residence:[colour=#282828] Musica lives in the Foothills of Equestria on the outskirts of Baltimare, on the 'country side' near Whitetail Wood.[/colour]

Occupation:[colour=#282828] A Private Music Teacher for Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasi, and other Species alike.[/colour]

Cutie Mark:[colour=#282828] Musica's cutie mark is a discoloured, even somewhat tattered unrolled scroll with a few music notes written on them such as a treble clef. Surrounding the scroll are two other musical notes which are an eighth rest and a dotted quarter note.[/colour]

History:

The Past..

[colour=#282828]Musica-Lee Noted was born in a central hospital in Baltimare. After all of her check-ups as a truly young foal, Musica's parents were able to take home their new baby pegasus. She grew up in a large building at the heart of the city on a higher floor. Her parents, Harmonic Pitch and Mina Chords were so busy that they had to fund a nanny to take care of her while they worked simultaneously. However, it was Musica's mother, Mina Chords, who stayed home to raise her while her father worked daily at the local school. They were a happy, musically-oriented family. It seemed every other weekend they were attending one of her mother's concerts or she was enjoying a music festival in the streets. Even her family reunions consisted of her relatives from all over Equestria coming to play music. Musica's love for music was as natural as it could possibly be.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Growing up, Musica didn't have too many friends, seeing as how she was not the most popular foal or young filly in her class. One of her closest friends was a young filly named Mendee. Musica and Mendee did everything together for the longest time, however their sophomore year the duo had to split because Mendee and her parents had to move to Canterlot for her father's job as a scholar of Magic.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica clinged to Mendee for as long as she could, and she was sad when Mendee left. It didn't take long before she brought herself out of her comfort zone and found herself making new friends shortly after. They were all in her music classes, and because of the common ground it didn't take long for them to become a nondetatchable set of friends. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]However, Musica was never teased about anything except lacking her cutie mark for so long. She was a late bloomer when it came to her cutie mark. But her parents made sure she knew that was okay.[/colour]

Cutie Mark Story..[colour=#282828] [/colour]

[colour=#282828]It was one day during recess that one of her good friends, Mendee, approached her about her desire to expand her interests here in Baltimare. Mendee came to Musica exclaiming, "Musi', I need to get out of the house! My parents are making me but thats not the only reason. They want me to do something besides remake the clothes they buy me." Musica knew that Mendee enjoyed upcycling her clothes, she felt it was her talent though Mendee didn't have a cutie mark yet. Pausing to think over the situation, and realizing her next class was Jazz Band, Musica felt compelled to make such a startling suggestion. "Why don't you join the Jazz band?" There was one problem, however. Mendee knew how to use a needle not an instrument! "But Musi', I don't know how to play the piano or anything. I'd be famous if my sewing machine was an instrument!"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Mendee's response caused simultaneous giggles between the two fillies. "I have an Idea!" Musica mused thoughtfully, "How about I teach you how to play music? You can play anything you like and I will try my best to teach you!" Mendee seemed to be caught off guard by the idea Musica had. "Well, it couldn't hurt..." Mendee responded shyly. Squealling, Musica hopped on her back haunches and threw her front hooves around the filly's neck, excited about the opportunity. "Will you meet me tomorrow at the park?" Musica asked Mendee. "Sure!" Mendee responded. The bell rang shortly after and classes changed.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]It was the following day, and Musica and Mendee met in the park. Musica, short of breath lifted a hoof to wave at her friend Mendee upon her arrival. Mendee at first only noticed Musica until she realized why her friend was panting so hard. Musica had brought every instrument she could think of to the park in a cart. Musica smiled and made her way up to the mountain of cases on the cart. She grabbed the top one by a handle in between her teeth, and slung it down toward the ground at Mendee. "Catch!" Musica shouted.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Mendee rose on her back legs and caught the case with her front hooves, setting it down gently as Musica made her way next to her filly friend. Musica opened up the case to reveal a round, white drum with two wooden sticks on either side. Musica set up the drum on a stand, and handed the two sticks to Mendee. Both of the fillies stood at the Drum and Musica looked to Mendee, "Go ahead, try it!"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Hesitant to act, Mendee just stared at Musica like a deer caught in headlights, or an actor with stage fright. Smiling, Musica took the sticks from her filly and started to hit the end of the sticks against the cloth portion of the drum in an alternating rhythm. Left stick, right stick, left stick, right stick. Musica began to drum a random rhythm then, leaving Mendee stunned. "I don't think i'll be good at the drums, Musi'." Mendee said softly. Musica paused and looked to Mendee, before nodding in agreement and going back to dig out yet another case from the cart.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]After trial and error, Musica did help her friend find an instrument and teach her how to play. It was through the entire session at the park that she discovered her love to help others, especially musically. When Mendee learned to play the trumpet just a little bit, it was that magical moment that Musica earned her cutie mark. She knew then she was called to be a private music teacher.[/colour]

The Present..

[colour=#282828]Growing up as a swell experience for Musica. She graduated as one of the top of her class with the title of 'Most Musically Talented'. It wasn't a surprise seeing as how that is what she was, musically talented. After graduating from her local school Musica went to a nearby Academy to further her skills and abilities in music. When she graduated from the academy, she was an older filly, and a younger mare. It was a year or two since then, and she had gotten word out in Baltimare of her home-residing business of being a Private Music Teacher. For an hourly fee, depending on how frequent and the time it took for the student to learn was how she waged. Musica became quite popular in the town of Baltimare, though her need to reside in the countryside from Baltimare may have not been her best choice for business. It didn't seem to bother her though. She obtained a nice lofty cabin for herself with the bits she saved up within her first couple years of teaching. Her parents being on the brink of retiring, she felt the need to flee the nest and begin her own life.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica hopes to eventually get her name out and expand her business from a home-residing one to a known company in her years to come. Her journey doesn't rest in the country-side. Musica is inspired to travel. She just needs a few things to get that going first.[/colour]

Character Summary:

[colour=#282828]Musica has always been a relatively shy pony when it comes to the social world. She doesn't walk up to somepony and simply say "HELLO!".. she waits for them to greet her. With shy comes her timid nature. Musica is always tense when she is out of her element. Generally she follows the rule of "Treat others as you want to be treated." with everything. It seems to work well except for the foals who teased her during her childhood. Once you get to know her and who she is, Musica is possibly one of the more outgoing ponies you will ever meet. She's funny, polite, adventurous, and even makes you think about things in a different perspective.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica has a natural talent with music, as obvious as it is. She excels at teaching others how to play an instrument or sing. Reading music, and sometimes even composing music are other thing she excels at. This pony loves to play the piano! Other things she excels at would be writing stories, and sculpting clouds.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica aspires to become a known music teacher and maybe even expand her at-home teaching to a studio setting, or company. A business, more or less. She's motivated to spread the art and knowledge of music as it was a given necessity in her culture and upbringing.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]This young mare enjoys a night stroll or flight through the park, the woods, cloud sculpting, writing, playing her piano, singing, dancing, apple juice, apple fritters, stallions, water, adventure, and many other things. The list is quite long when going into specifics. However, Musica's dislikes are much shorter. She dislikes disrespect, betrayal, dishonesty, lying, and anything along the lines of negative emotions. Musica likes to stay upbeat..no pun intended! Other dislikes would include parasprites, butterflies, and bad weather.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]In her spare time, Musica enjoys journaling or writing stories and poems. She also enjoys baking and just running her hooves across the keys of a piano. Though music is part of her profession it is her favorite past time. Musica also enjoys reading.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Making friends has never been her strong suit when she has to make the first move. She had one friend throughout her school years until that friend moved and she was forced to reach out and make more.. Being around her can be socially awkward as she doesn't always speak when spoken to at first. But if Musica's icy wall is broken, she loves to talk and shine her absolute brightest. And that isn't hard to do![/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica isn't the most social pony you will ever meet. She's not good at being the frist to greet others.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Musica's not good at a lot of things unless it involves art. Cooking, sculpting, painting, building, composing.. all of it is art to her. Her shyness doesn't always keep her from reaching her goals. She is only shy in the beginning, but when Musica gets to talking, she doesn't seem to stop.[/colour]

Thanks for the post, Jane! Guess you're going with the cloudsdale pony. :-). I'm sure there will be opportunity to RP up in the clouds once in awhile. Decent backstory too! I love the names for the characters and the character traits.

Character accepted! When we get a couple more bios posted (and I'll get mine up there when I think he's ready) we will get started.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing from Derpyy and HypnoticD too!

Actually, he lives in Ponyville now, he's just from Cloudsdale. His sister is the Cloudsdale pony - she actually works in the weather factory.

Well, the effort shows.

As it turns out, like I said in the first post, I have a ton going on IRL. The good news is that my twelve to sixteen hour workdays will end by the end of the month. Don't be discouraged, we will start soon. I'd like to get four or five ponies involved before opening the RP thread. In the meantime, I'd like to encourage people to throw out ideas for characters and/or plot/setting.