[Baltimare] Just Another Day in the City (Open Join)

Kitirina

musica_mark_tiny2_by_accellerant-d61bbtz.png

Peaking from the hills on the horizon, the sun shined with its piercing lights to begin the day. The rays tickled Equestria's surface with its warmth, and provided substantial illumination. The sun was much brighter than any light or any candle. As the sun rose higher into the sky, the dark which fell upon the Foothills seemed to retreat. The sky, once a navy, began to lighten in its tint to a nice bright blue. It was easy to notice the puffy clouds in the sky, spaced apart from one another and white against the suns rays. The clouds would provide a nice shade, and it was seen already that the weather would involve no rain showers. As the sun continued to rise, the brightness of the massive star seemed to shoot its beams through a closed glass window which belong to a particular pegasus' cabin on the outskirts of Baltimare.

The beam touched the edge of the pony's bed, and made its way up to shine directly on the ponies face. The warmth, and the light of the sun caused the pegasus to stir, where she was laying on her back, she rolled over onto her stomach. Except, by rolling over onto her stomach the mare fell directly onto her wooden floors.Thump.[colour=#00cc99] [/colour][colour=#00cc99]"Ugggggh..." [/colour] Musica moaned from the pain on her legs, and face. Cold wooden floors wasn't the best thing to wake up to. Bending her legs, the mare tried to push herself into a stand, having the weight of her covers and maby even her pillow on her body to fight against her. Placing all of her hooves against the ground, Musica pushed against the surface of the floor and lifted herself up into a stand. The covers seemed to shed from her body and slink onto the floor, the pillow somehow falling back onto the bed.

Shaking her head, the pegasus tried to wake herself up from the groggy state she found herself in. [colour=#00cc99]"This is the fourth time this week this has happened..."[/colour] Musica muttered, complaining to herself. Her chestnut locks moved, frazzled and tangled and far from tidy on both her mane and tail. Taking her time, Musica mosied on over to a clear place in her room, and began to stretch. She would bend each leg, then extend it outward. Her head tilted and rolled to and from each side, and she flexed and expanded her wings, rotating them in a circling pattern as she stood in place. It was rather quiet in the cabin, though outside the birds were singing and speaking to one another. The mare finished her stretches, her eyes surveying her room for anything to straighten up aside her bed. Nothing. Nodding to herself, she moved to her bed and leaned down, picking up the corner of the blanket with her teeth and jerking it upward. The fabric seemed to flare out and neatly fall over her bed as Musica directed it, making up her bed with ease. She fluffed the pillow and set it against the headboard, and moved to her vanity.

At the vanity, Musica didn't spend a lot of time. She grabbed a hold of a wooden brush, running the bristles through her wavy chestnut mane first, then her tail to rid of the tangles and to brush her locks into their place. Her sea-green eyes stared at her reflection in the mirror quietly, finding herself satisfied with her looks, though she wished that she didn't feel so average. Her looks wasn't a problem, despite the fact she found herself often bored with it. Returning the brush to its home on the vanity, Musica moved then to her wardrobe. Opening the doors with her front hooves, she grabbed a different ensemble from her usual colours. Today, she chose to wear a orchid/violet purple pinstripe vest with a matching pinstripe bow. The colour was so majestic against her cream coat, she normally only wore it if she was going to be exposed to a lot of ponies eyes.

Throwing on the vest, and tying the bow into the back of her mane, the pony finally departed from her bedroom. The sound of her two pairs of silver bangles bounced against her hooves as they rested above them on her left front leg, and right back. She pranced through her living quarters into the kitchen, and grabbed an apple from a basket for breakfast. Musica had not much time to spare after she prepared herself for the day ahead. With no lessons to teach that were scheduled in the morning, the pegasus was free of all responsibilities. It had been a while since she had been to Baltimare, and it was time that she paid a visit to the city.

Eating the apple, and hunting down her white saddlebag, the mare left the house with ease to begin her day. She lived on the outskirts of Baltimare, near White Tail Wood... but it shouldn't take her too long. With a smile on her face, she went about her way.

Razor was flying fast, the small little bunny he was after was getting closer and closer to his claws. Razor licked his beak, claws ready to finish the job. He was ready to get his meal when the bunny vanished into a hole, and Razor was left soaring off without any lunch.

[colour=#FF0000]"Darn it!"[/colour] Razor shouted, looking back with irritation, [colour=#FF0000]"I was so close!"[/colour] He sighed and looked foward, only to see a pony coming up in his path.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yikes!"[/colour] Razor said angled his wings to stop his acceleration. Claws and paws dragging across the ground to aid in his stopping. He came to a halt not a few inches from the pony.

[colour=#FF0000]"Whoo, that was close."[/colour] He said to himself as he folded his wings, [colour=#FF0000]"sorry if I almost hit you."[/colour]

The mare just seem to idle as the trotted along the path, admiring the beauty of the morning and looking forward to the day ahead of her. Her silver bangles jingled with each step, and because of the jingle it almost sounded as if she danced to a particular rhythm. Musica loved her music, and everything about it. As she walked, her sea-green optics lifted to look up at the sky where a large fowl seemed to fly over her head. She kept walking, her mind now curious of what was in the sky. It was normally so quiet!

In the distance her ears had picked up the sound of squeaks and squeals from a rodent, and her eyes shifted there. A bunny! The last she seen of it, was when it darted straight into a hole. Chasing after it was this lion, eagle mix of a creature. [colour=#009966]Thats rare,[/colour] she thought.[colour=#009966] A Griffon.[/colour]

Immediately she came to reality in the time of mere danger. The griffon was about to cross her path, talons sharp and claws out as if to catch prey! Now she realized, the bunny was running fromt he griffon. A face of fright had overwhelmed her expression and she reared up onto her hind flanks. Musica screamed in anticipation to be hit, her entire face and body freezing with her pegasus wings expanded and feathers ruffled. [colour=#009966]"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"[/colour]

She paused then. [colour=#FF0000]"Whoo, that was close."[/colour] the griffon said ever so close to the mare. She opened her right eye to peak, realizing now that she was perfectly fine, and her panic was nothing. A scarlet tint set in upon her cheeks. [colour=#FF0000]"Sorry if I almost hit you." [/colour]He said to her. Musica lowered her cowering body down and stoof back on all four of her hoofs, heaving a sigh and laughing softly at herself.

[colour=#009966]"You gave me quite a scare! Not something I would regularly expect this time of morning, let alone speaking to a Griffon."[/colour] Musica commented, looking directly at the griffon now with a shy smile, her eyebrows curved upward to only accent the expression she portrayed. The pegasus flexed her wings before retracting them to rest as her sides, breathing slow and deep in a subtle attempt to regain her exposure. She felt small in comparison to the creature who stood before her, and a settling intrigue took place of the brief panic she had. She was amused to have met a griffon first-hand, though introductions weren't quite made yet.

Taking another breath, she raised her left front hoof with the silvery bangles on them, and held it out in front of the griffon as if for him to shake it. [colour=#009966]"I'm Musica-Lee Noted. Feel free to call me Musica. Oh, and good morning!" [/colour]

Razor was glad to know he hadn't hurt the mare. That would have been terrible, not to mention plowing into a girl would have been....embaressing and completly dishonorable.

[colour=#FF0000]"Heh, sorry again. Was just out trying to get some lunch. Little ball of fluff was crafty I'll give him that." [/colour]Razor said as he looked back to where the rabbit had ducked away. By now it was probably gone. He gave a sigh.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh yeah my name is Razor." [/colour]He said, taking her hoof carefully. He had learned the hard way that ponies didn't give the kind of claw shakes that griffons gave each other. Last thing he wanted was to accidentally pierce the pony's hoof with his claws.

[colour=#FF0000]"It be a better morning if I had something in my stomach. I had alot of deliveries these past few days I've barely managed to get anything decent into my stomach. You get tired of dried pieces of jerky and crave some real meat after awhile"[/colour] He said, but then remembered what he was talking to and blushed, [colour=#FF0000]"Uh uh...I mean...well for me anyway....and I ....oh geez." [/colour]He stammered and faceclawed himself.

[colour=#FF0000]"So umm...you heading to the city?"[/colour] Razor said, hoping to change the conversation now, [colour=#FF0000]"I was heading that way if you won't mind the company."[/colour]

[colour=#009966] "Rabbits are quick for their own good, you know. And wild game isn't always easy to catch!"[/colour] Musica mentioned to the gryphon, smiling sweetly at him. [colour=#009966]"My name is Musica-Lee Noted. You can call me Musica."[/colour]

Musica listened to the gyphon and how he hadn't been able to eat. The comment about him craving meat didn't unsettle her. It was just his nature being a gryphon. She wouldn't suspect him to hurt her anyways, or at least didn't assume him to. [colour=#009966]"It's okay. Pony and gryphon alike, both have to eat!"[/colour]

[colour=#009966] "Yes. I was heading to the city. Just going to venture and spend the day there as I haven't been for some time. I would love the company! When we get there, how about breakfast, or an early lunch?"[/colour] Musica spoke to Razor, beginning to slowly continue walking to Baltimare.

Razor nodded, [colour=#FF0000]"Sure, could use some breakfast or lunch. Anything works for me."[/colour] Razor walked beside Musica as he spoke. He looked her over and noticed she was not on the same height of an average pony, but then again he wasn't one to talk as he was smaller then an average griffon himself. Something he was always loathe to admit.

[colour=#FF0000]"Glad my meat eating doesn't get you all green. Though at times I will admit that it is funny to watch you guys cringe when I eat something meaty." [/colour]Razor said, chuckling slightly as he remembered a few times his dietary habits had made some clients turn green. It was hilarious.

[colour=#FF0000]"So know any good places around Baltimore? I've only been there on business and never really had much time to take a look around."[/colour] He said, making conversation.

[colour=#FF0000]"By the way, your a peagsus why not fly to town?"[/colour] Razor asked, [colour=#FF0000]"I mean flying is one of the greatest things in life."[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Flying is lovely, yes."[/colour] Musica admitted to Razor, [colour=#009966]"But it just seems that many ponies in Baltimare just walk and though I am a pegasus like my mum, I just prefer walking. Now don't get me wrong, i've been to Cloudsdale and love to fly there!"[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Theres a local cafe in the middle of town. It fixes just about anything. A unicorn runs it. Now as for getting me green, you learn not to judge when you travel places."[/colour]

Musica smiled at the gryphon, having to look up a tad more than usual as the gryphon was quite taller than her. Everyone has their favorite foods and minus hers being anything with apples, she understood the love for food in general. The mare and the gryphon were nearing the west gate to the city. It wouldn't be much longer. [colour=#009966]"I can't remember the name of the place to save the life of me, though."[/colour] Musica mentioned.

Razor smirked, [colour=#FF0000]"You travel too? So do I. My delivery business takes me practically all over Equestria and back home in Aquellia."[/colour]

Razor looked around as they entered the city, watching ponies come and go. Some stopping to stare at him, and perhaps he was just paranoid but he felt sure he saw one cover their mouth to giggle. Were they laughing at him? At his size.

[colour=#FF0000]'Just don't think on it.'[/colour] He thought and looked away from the ponies.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well the best part of finding something is looking for it. An old griffon philospher Clawistotile once said, its not the destination but the journey that is important."[/colour] He said.

[colour=#FF0000]"So anywhere in particular you have traveled to? I remember a trip to Stalliongrad. It is chilly up there, which is something I'm not use to. Especially the snow." [/colour]Razor said, as they walked.

[colour=#009966]"I travel in search of a location to place my roots. Baltimare seems almost out of the loop I have come to find. Its a city that seems to keep to itself." [/colour]Musica spoke with Razor casually, finding herself taking in his company with ease despite the great differences between them. Upon entering the west sector of the city, the pegasus looked around, observing the possible changes and expected everyday life of the city. You seen mares and stallions on the streets, some pulling carts, others riding in the back of carts that were being pulled. It was a thriving city. There were tall buildings of multiple stories that several ponies could live in. There were shops whose keepers lived on the floor above it. There were even skyscraping buildings solely used for a company or producer of sorts. It was truly eloquent in appearance, Baltimare.

Musica knew the griffon would catch the eyes of the ponies surrounding them in the city, and hoped he wouldn't become overly nervous of the situation.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well the best part of finding something is looking for it. An old griffon philospher Clawistotile once said, its not the destination but the journey that is important." [/colour]Razor mentioned.

He was totally right. And Musica found herself nodding to the griffon in agreement to the statement as she wound up staying a few days wherever she went to enjoy the place itself.

[colour=#009966]"I haven't toured much lately. The last place I went to was Cloudsdale. Wonderful city, and beautiful! I've never seen something so amazing! But, I couldn't just quite maintain my cloud legs..."[/colour]

Razor looked around at the city, it seemed lively...for a pony city. He gave another look at Musica and said, [colour=#FF0000]"When you say roots you mean find a place to roost and set a nest? Find a Lifemate and hatch some fledglings? Why rush into it? I mean it sounds nice but I'd prefer to stay free till I'm too old to keep up with the younger generations."[/colour]

Razor kept an eye out for the cafe, even though he had no idea what it looked like. Still might as well see what he could pick up. Let's see book stores, music stores. Bakery, he remembered a certain pink pony back in ponyville whenever he saw one of those, so did his back. You didn't see alot of produce stands in the bigger cities, but he saw a number of grocery stores.

[colour=#FF0000]"You should see Talonopolis. Lots of things to see there, if you don't mind the heavy industry. I know this one store there that makes some awsome fireworks, really big ones too. And walking on clouds is easy, if you get use to it I guess."[/colour]

[colour=#006633]"No no. Not to settle with a family, but a business. Im a private music teacher, and my work is at home. I want to find a good location that can generate good business so I can settle in into a city and share the art of music with little colts and fillies."[/colour] Musica corrected Razor, blushing a little bit at the thought of settling down. She was still awfully young. There wasn't time to settle and have foals running around. The only foals she wanted was music students.

As they moved through the crowds and streets of the city, the mare turned corners and rounded blocks. They were close to the cafe. It was a small place on the corner, a bright red brick building with an awning overlooking the large windows and entryway.

[colour=#006633]"Being raised like an earth pony you don't get to fly much or anything. I had to take private special classes just to learn how to use my wings propperly, and I still dont. I'd be happy as an earth pony because I don't need flight to love music necessarily. Talonopolis sounds like a very interesting place. Industrial means modern... and modern means music.."[/colour]

Razor blushed, [colour=#FF0000]"Oh, heh...sorry. I just thought....ah ha. Sorry, its just that among griffons alot of griffons your age and mine have taken a life mate by now and started a family. Just something that has been with our culture for a long time, though some griffons don't settle down so fast now a days."[/colour]

Razor looked away and rubbed his neck, [colour=#FF0000]"Heh uh well good luck with the music stuff."[/colour] He was glad she started to change the subject.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh yeah Talonopolis has alot of great stuff,"[/colour] Razor said, [colour=#FF0000]"though I'd think I'd rather be plucked and cooked before not being able to fly. If I didn't have my wings I'd probably go mad."[/colour]

Razor shivered at the thought of not being able to fly. It was a fate worse then death to him.

A soft-hearted chuckle escaped the ponies maw as Razor blushed, finding himself embarassingly mistaken with her motive.

[colour=#ff0000]"S[/colour][colour=#ff0000]orry, its just that among griffons alot of griffons your age and mine have taken a life mate by now and started a family. Just something that has been with our culture for a long time, though some griffons don't settle down so fast now a days." [/colour]The griffon spoke to her, seeming to save himself from the wrong assumption.

[colour=#006633]"I suppose I see it as a thing of choice, and not reflected on time. Sadly, I've note even been on one date... I'd rather be stable before I begin to 'nest', as you'd say." [/colour]Musica responded casually.

[colour=#006633]"If you, being a griffon and all, didn't have wings... I'd almost think the species itself would be a misbred crossbreed of some oddity."[/colour] The mare shared her peculiar thought with the griffon.

The two arrived at the cafe on the corner, the building tall and bright. Outside were a table and two chairs next to one of the windows on the sidewalk, and on the corresponding side was a stand with an advertisement on it:

Today's Special is..

Salmon Bites with Strawberry Lemonade (3 Bits)

&& Cherry Tomato Salad with Green Tea. (3 Bits)

Musica hoped that this cafe would be substantial for the pony and griffon to have a meal together. Surely Baltimare, and any other fairly large city, wouldn't be complete pony-food. She smiled and looked to the griffon. [colour=#006633]"We're here."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"if we griffons didn't have wings we would probably have gone extinct long ago."[/colour] Razor said, [colour=#FF0000]"and on the topic of dates, I'm not exactly...knowledgable in that. Well I've only ever been on one....and it....really couldn't be called a date."[/colour] when they stopped infront of the cafe, he looked at what the specials were and tilted his head side to side.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hmm...so so. Should be decent. So long as they got something suited to my diet. I mean I can eat fruits and such....but they do give me the energy I need like meat does."[/colour] he said as he pushed open the door to take a peek inside.

The interior looked nice, there were a few patrons, but there were a few good tables left to choose from. Razor picked up the smell of cooking fish and he licked his beak.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well lets take a look to see if they cater to both your and my kind. I hope their make salomn...or pork. I love pork chops."[/colour] He said, his stomach growling slightly which was a bit embaressing.

[colour=#006633]"That would be true."[/colour] Musica commented to the extinction. She nodded to agree when it come to his words about the date, a sympathetc nod. No one said dating would be easy. But no one ever said ti would be hard, either.

Musica listened to Razor as he spoke, following him inside the cafe. Immediately upon entry the mare found her sea-green hues scanning the area for a free booth. There was a slim choice to pick from, but the mare was thankful that the menu here had more variety than their seating. Her eyes stopped on a window booth, just cleaned after the previous customers went to pay their bits for their meal. Lifting a hoof, she nudged the griffon's feathers then pointed to the empty booth. [colour=#006633]"Over here looks like a decent place to sit." [/colour]Musica mentoned softly, her eyes never leaving the booth. [colour=#006633]"And I seen on the ad outside they had salmon bites with... strawberry lemondade I think? For about three bits."[/colour]

[colour=#006633]"I'm not quite sure what I want yet."[/colour] Musica added randomly, chuckling at the griffon's growling stomach. Taking lead, she began moving toward the booth.

Razor walked up to the booth with Musica, [colour=#FF0000]"Salmon is good. Though I'll eat just about anything really. Ponies not included. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if griffons will eat ponies."[/colour]

When they stood at the booth they were greeted by the cashier, "Hello, and how are you today. How can I help you?" the unicorn asked with a smile.

"I'll have the salmon bites with the lemonade thing." Razor said, getting out his bit wallet, [colour=#FF0000]"You want me to pay for all of it? I've gotten a big pay after some deliveries so I'm fine with it, my father always told me an honorable griffon pays for a meal anyway. Besides I did almost ram into you. If not I'll go grab a table."[/colour]

She worked her way into one of the booths and watched the griffon stand there and give his order to the waitress (cashier). Musica listened to him order and then he turned to her with an unexpected offer. She had been short on pay due to her recent traveling, but the fact that Razor offered tinted her cheeks. Hesitant, and unsure as how to respond the mare said to the griffon, [colour=#006633]"Sure, if you feel the need to pay for the meal."[/colour]

[colour=#006633]"And don't worry about nearly running into me. I'm okay, aren't I?"[/colour] Musica questioned Razor, using one of her hooves to tap the other end of the table as if for him to sit with her. [colour=#006633]"Now let us enjoy a meal together. That's what we intended, isn't it?"[/colour]

Turning to the matron unicorn, the pegasus smiled and gave her her order, [colour=#006633]"I would like a Daisy and Apple Wrap with Peach Mango Tea, and a side of Carrot Chips."[/colour]

"Alright, miss." She replied to Musica. "Is all of this together?" The matron asked Razor

Razor nodded, [colour=#FF0000]"Yeah. All together." [/colour]

The waitress nodded and took their orders. Razor rubbed his stomach, anxious to sink his beak into some juicy salmon.

Not wanting to wait in silence Razor spoke up, [colour=#FF0000]"So you teach music? Any particular music you like? I kinda like metal and some classical stuff myself. My sister loves anything with wubs and DJ's."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As he spoke he noticed a few ponies looking at him, which they stopped when he gave them a glare. If they were looking at him cause he was small....[/colour][colour=#FF0000]'calm down Razor...remember your karma'[/colour][colour=#000000] He thought. Why did they look at him, or were they looking at Musica and him? Ah what did it matter. Just ignore them.[/colour]

It was still unusual for the mare to see a griffon. Musica was amazed to be having lunch, and be accompanied by Razor in the first place.

She felt thankful that he was paying for the orders. She was kinda short on cash.

[colour=#008000]"Yes, I teach music. Instrumental mainly because I teach foals how to play their instrument of choice."[/colour] Musica answered.

Razor nodded,[colour=#FF0000] "Cool. I'm a delivery griffon. My own business actually. I deliver parcels, letters, anything really to places griffons or ponies need them. Though I grant both speedy delivery and the item in good condition. I also am willing to go through whatever dangerous routes must be taken to make sure the package reaches the client on time, if not earlier.....which is why Im kinda hungry right now. Still its all good practice for the Thunder Crag race 9000."[/colour]

The waitress returned a bit, with their drinks to start, "Your food is almost ready. But here are your drinks to start. You two just look darling together." With that the waitress set their drinks down and walked off.

Razor blinked a bit confused but shrugged and took his glass in his claw and took a sip, [colour=#FF0000]"Mmm. Pretty good. How's yours?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#008000]"Whats the Thunder Crag Race? Is it a Race for griffons?"[/colour] Musica asked, her ears having perked with interest at the unknown event. It was neat, she thought, that the griffon was an efficient delivery person. Normally mail takes forever and some even end up damaged. For Razor to be a successful business griffon, she certainly had her bow off to him.

The waitresses comment made her feel like a deer caught in headlights. Did she really just say that as she returned with their icy beverages? Without taking note of her body's response, her left eye made a subtle and brief twitch and her optics gazed at the mare who had left their table as quickly as she came. [colour=#008000]Seriously?[/colour]

It looked as if Musica wasn't the only one discombobulated when it came to the matron's comment. Reaching with her hooves, she took the glass and sipped through the straw which poked out from the top. The beverage was sweet, and refreshing as well as it was light. The tea was absolutely delicious! Choosing to not respond verbally, Musica nodded at the griffon in answer to his question.

Razor was a bit confused of the waitresses comment, but he didn't focus on it. He took his drink and took another sip, taking Musica's nod that hers was good. Still the air felt a bit off now. Razor figured some conversation might ease it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well the Thunder Crag Race is the single greatest, most life threatening race that the race commity in Aquilla can possibly host. They only ever do it once ever one hundred years, and I plan to join in the one coming up soon."[/colour] Razor said.

Razor explained the workings of the race, the many dangerous paths and risks that was involved from being fried in wild thunder storms, getting eaten by quarry eels, and other possibly dangerous creatures in a 800,000 mile race in which the odds of never coming back were many. And how once during the race half the contestants just vanished without a trace. It was so exciting he could feel adrenaline pumping in him just talking about it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh I just can't wait. I just need to raise up the needed funds to purcahse registration. Its a costly price I will tell you that. And while it is mostly griffons that partake, we have seen a few pegasi and other flying creatures take part." [/colour]He said as he finished,

The waitress returned with their food and set it down for them before heading back to work. Razor looked at his meal and licked his beak.

[colour=#FF0000]"Mmm now that does smell good."[/colour] He said, [colour=#FF0000]"hey uh....was what the waitress said got you a bit twitchy? I'm not really seeing the meaing behind it, but I guess I'm missing something right?"[/colour]

Razor wasn't sure if he should ask this, but he was a bit curious....and he was part cat. Still focused on his meal as he ate, letting Muscia decide if she wanted to answer or not. He didn't really care in the end.

Musica was quite intrigued with the exciting details Razor provided her about the Thunder Crag Race. [colour=#008000]"Why would they host it if its potentially life-threatening?" [/colour]She mused at the thought, her eyes falling upon the griffon as they conversed. The Race seemed long, and rough to be even considered a race. What of the endurance? These creatures vanished without a trace! The pony shook her head in slight disbelief that such a dangerous event would be held despite its obvious issues.

[colour=#008000]"Not only that, why are you willing to put your life on the line for some sort of race? Whats the prize for the winner... if there every was one..?"[/colour] She asked Razor in sheer curiosity. The mare didn't expect a winner, in all truth. It seemed preposterous to have such a challenge to be so well-known. The reward had to be good for the stakes to be so high. Musica just couldn't get over the danger factor of it all. She was one to be more safe than sorry anyway.

As the waitress returned with their food the phrase she had spoke unsettled her. The matron has placed a comment about the two of them looking cute together and she took it to be in terms of a couple. They were just out to enjoy a good meal. Musica wouldn't necessarily call this a date, they've only just met!

[colour=#008000]"It smells good indeed!"[/colour] Musica exclaimed, inhaling the fresh scent of the sweet apples and tender daisies that were slabbed in betwen two slices of bread. Her mouth began to water as the meal was colourful in appearance. This was a light meal for the pony, but it would provide her the nutrients and energy needed for the rest of her day.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey uh....was what the waitress said got you a bit twitchy? I'm not really seeing the meaning behind it, but I guess I'm missing something right?"[/colour] Razor spoke to Musica.

[colour=#008000]"I suppose I paid a little too much attention to detail, or over analyzed the comment.. but I think she assumed you and I were a couple. Im not offended, but I did find it quite peculiar."[/colour] Musica explained to the griffon. Perhaps her twitching wasn't the most polite of responses, but Musica couldn't help it. Some things just trigger quirky responses for her.

Razor blinked and then blushed a bit. Oh....thats what the waitress had meant. Now he felt....uncomfortable.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh...uh....oh....ahahaha." [/colour]He laughed a bit uncomfortably, [colour=#FF0000]"well it was just a mistake."[/colour]

Razor felt really pathetic right now. He was probably looking a fool now. He decided to quickly change the topic to save face.

[colour=#FF0000]"Uh hey yeah the Thunder Crag is potentially life threatening, but thats granted since it was founded by ancient griffon warriors to weed out weak indivduals from their ranks. It is more of a test of strength then just speed alone."[/colour] He said, pausing to take a drink

[colour=#FF0000]"Anyway the prize has differed from race to race. The most common is a cash prize of one million bits. Though most griffons join for the honor and prestige that is gained from completing the race. Like me. I can get money from my job, but what I want the most is the honor to be gained by proving myself in the race. It might seem silly to be willing to risk my life for honor and pride, but for me its one of the most important foundations of being a griffon."[/colour]

Razor ate some more before asking, [colour=#FF0000]"So uh...anything else you want to talk abut?" [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"It seems like the race has its vantage points, then."[/colour] She commented.

Musica could tell her companion felt confortable but she felt no need to lie to the griffon. Lying wasn't even in her nature to begin with. Taking a sip of her drink and munching on a carrot chip or two she thought about a few topics.

[colour=#008000]"Do you have any siblings? Or any family that lives near Baltimare?"[/colour]