Equestrian History Speculation Time!

So, everyone else has a fan theory, I though I'd make my own. Well, I think its my own. For all I know I'm stumbling onto something obvious or previously talked over, but enough talk, let's go back a thousand years or so:

First off, everyone remembers Hearth's Warming Eve, right? That's the centerpiece of the theory. I propose that the the events of the pony civil war (that's what I'm calling the events pre-Hearth's warming treaty) took place directly after King Sombra's take over of the Crystal Empire. That's why they aren't involved, they were enslaved and cut off from other civilizations, and they were forgotten because Pony Christmas overshadowed the whole event.

Anyways, the Crystal Heart is capable of spreading love. Fact. Also fact, when King Sombra returned, the area outside of the Crystal Empire's force field was a blizzardy wasteland. Moar facts: Windigos, creatures fueled by hate, cause blizzardy wastelands. I should think that the jolly old Kings takeover and subsequent tainting, or blocking, or whatever of the Heart stopped the love from being spread, causing sort of an emotional backlash across Equestria. In other words, without any love, the ponies started hating and what's easier to hate than differences? Cue Pony Civil War.

Now, Celestia and Luna come in. They arrive and promptly kick King Sombra's posterior into banishment, and he banishes the Crystal Empire. This get's rid of his influence, and stops the spread of hate long enough for the more sensible ponies to arrange a treaty and banish the Windigos Sombra brought around, purposefully or not. This, as the first actual unification of the three races, probably built the Elements of Harmony to represent their unification. However, it was not to last as the chaos of war (well, strong disliking really), hostile takeovers, love becoming hatred, and the rise and fall of the blizzardy wasteland was probably hectic enough to get a certain chaos loving draconequus' attention. Discord comes along and threatens the new stability with his own rule, but the princesses came around in suit, collected the elements and with the power of friendship banish Discord to a life as a pigeon roost. I like to think this event was what got the two sisters coronated as the official rulers of Equestria.

I also like to think there was no outside influence involved in turning Luna into Nightmare Moon, because a princess, and a kind one at that, succumbing to jealousy and falling that far makes the whole story just a little more tragic, and it makes her redemption a little more touching.

I apologize in advance for using words like blizzardy and moar (no I don't). Oh, and feel free to poke holes or add to this as need be. I'm sure I'm missing something, so anything anyone could provide to iron out any details would be very much appreciated.

So far this sounds pretty ligit. I would like to add one head cannon that I got from Magical Mystery Cure. Starswirl the Bearded clearly had a huge influence on magic, but even he failed. He even abandoned a spell that Twi would later pick up (did others pick it up before her?) My head cannon wonders if that spell of destiny changed some ponies for the worst.

Take King Sombra for example. What drove him to madness? Was it his destiny? Was it altered by this spell? Also, we know from the history book that there was a queen who established the Crystal Fair. Was this queen his bride?

Starswirl the Bearded is an interesting pony to wrap head cannon aound. I honestly want to make a list of every spell used in the show and trace them back to their creators to see what spells fall under Starswirl the Bearded.