In the forest and through the woods ((OPEN!JOIN))

Sapphire felt the wriggle of the pony on her back and pulled her wings and the blanket tighter around him hoping to keep him warm.As she walked on she watched stormwing next to her groaning at the weight of the diamond dog soaking wet they all were but she had to get

them all back to the tree then out of the forest."Were here and thank Luna and Celestia we are all alive,"Sapphire said as she sorted her armor and saw the twisted roots with a hamster in armor and Silt."Silt I found the pony and he needs attention quick unfortunetly the Diamond Dog knocked herself unconscious so we better get them inside!"Sapphire shouted over the rain and walked over towards the tree her Nightmare Moon complex scaring them both.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#008000]"Jogurt?"[/colour] Silt repeated, tasting the name. This creature didn't seem bad at all to Silt. In fact, his voice kind of tickled his ears.

After a long pause to think in which he watched Jogurt much on some vegetable, Silt finally said, [colour=#008000]"Well, okay. My name is Silt Treble, it's nice to meet you. Come in, but please keep your voice down, I have a mare recovering. And don't eat any seeds you find; if you're still hungry, I have some hay by the spring."[/colour]

"I uh, smell more of you coming along... and a dog..." Jogurt whispered to the unicorn and edged closer to the entrance.

[colour=#008000]"A dog!"[/colour] Silt shivered, from surprise and fear. This Jogurt seemed to have quite the nose on him to be able to find the dirt covered pony, underground, with a tree on top. Silt had the feeling that he could trust the hamster's intuition, even though they just met. [colour=#008000]"Okay, um, go down the stairs and stay hidden. I'm - I'm gonna stay up here and wait for them." [/colour]

His own courage surprised the unicorn. But it made sense to him, if his friends were being pursued by dogs, he would have to know right away so they could run into the tree and hide. He left the trunk open so Jogurt could descend if he wanted to, and Silt stood by the tree nervously while he waited for somepony.

"We're here, and thank Luna and Celestia we are all alive!" A pony said as she cantered up to Silt. She was wearing armor, but sounded like Sapphire Swirl. Silt gazed in wonder at the armor and was envious. She wouldn't have to worry about timber wolves during her stay. The armor reminded him of a description from a story he heard once from his mother, who was a travelling bard. It was, Nightmare Moon's armor? Silt couldn't remember who Nightmare Moon was. He had only been a foal when the story was told to him. That and living in a forest away from towns and villages almost all of his life, Silt wasn't too familiar with things most ponies would consider common knowledge.

"Silt, I found the pony and he needs attention, quick! Unfortunately the Diamond Dog knocked herself unconscious so we better get them inside!" Sapphire shouted over the rain and thunder.

Another pony in trouble? Silt glanced at the mare's back and, indeed, saw a pony in major trouble. He was thinking of what herbs he would need for a pony with advanced hypothermia when Sapphire mentioned the Diamond Dog. [colour=#008000]"D-dog?! Sapphire, what do you mean-?"[/colour] Silt jumped a little at the news, and the sight of Stormwing approaching with a dog on his back. [colour=#008000]"N-no. No! I - I won't have one of those, those predators, in my house! I have an injured mare down there, and now this pony to tend to!"[/colour] Silt shook at the thought of a dog, teeth and claws all to vivid in his imagination, in his home.

(Wow,this just got interesting,sooooo sorry about being gone for like,a week :( ))

Before Caymellow could reply,Silt took off,she had drifted in and out of conscousness during all this. She heard of an animal of sorts named Jogurt,and another pony who had,hypothermia,then,she difted off again,not hearing anything else,for a little while,until she heard Silt say No,that he wasn't going to have a predator in his home. She stirred again,then she went to roll over onto her other side,but a droplet of water landed on her muzzle,instantly she sat up,trying to look at her muzzle,but cross-eyed. She shook her head vigorously back and forth,until she was sure that it was gone. Caymellow looked around and it was true,all that was said was true,but not a dream! Studdering she stood up,her Side and wing burning,she said,"Lay him down here," She pointed her bruised hoof over at where she had been at,"I insist," She added on,making sure that nopony could have a chance to jump in and say no,she moved away from where she had laid at and positioned herself over in a near corner,"Go on ahead," She smiled,as the moss that was touching her coat made her back tickle.

"the diamond dog is a friend she has been stuck in here for a few days i believe and she wanted to help Stornwing find us only to have me finding her,"Sapphire said pounding her hoof on the ground."How old are you again im pretty sure a young pony like your would prefer Ponyville in fact i can take you all when we are all ok,"Sapphire said again as she stod higher than him cause of her age."At least get me in with this poor pony there is nothing to be afraid of,''she then said wrapping her wings tighter round the poor thing

Silverbolt woke up slightly, he felt freezing as the tundras. He looked around with blurry vision He could hardly move much less think. He felt the rain still falling on him soaking him to the bone. The pegasus mare's wings warmed him slightly but he was still very cold. He shivered some more and burried his nose in her feathers for warmpth. It was all he could do and he felt quite helpless.

Silt frowned. He took a deep breath as Sapphire towered over him, trying to intimidate him, but held his ground and looked her in the eye. Opening his mouth to give a smart comeback, Silt stopped when the pony on Sapphire's back stirred.

[colour=#008000]"This isn't the time to argue."[/colour] Silt sighed, looking at the pony. [colour=#008000]"He needs help immediately, so bring him down. But leave the diamond dog. You may think her a friend, but I don't trust her."[/colour] Silt's hoof touched the scars on his chest: three long, pink gash marks. [colour=#008000]"Jogurt, would you care to help me? I could use an extra pair of paws."[/colour]

The tree twisted open and Silt descended the dirt. Past the luminescent mushrooms into the dimly-lit cavern. Caymallow was wide awake and seemed to be doing very well, Silt noted.

"Lay him down here, I insist." The mare offered the space she had been laying on for the hypothermic stallion.

[colour=#008000]"Thank you, Caymellow."[/colour] Silt nodded to the mare and searched his seed wall. He didn't have much for hypothermia, enough to stabilize the stallion, but not enough to completely cure his affliction without outside help of his most dreaded element. Silt looked at his cash of seeds and then at the stallion, he sighed. His aversions were not important when the life of a pony was at stake.[colour=#008000] "I hate to ask, but somepony needs to help me and... and build a fire."[/colour] Silt shivered at the thought. Still, having a fire wasn't as bad as having a diamond dog. He could at least put out the fire with his magic should it get out of control. [colour=#008000]"I can't make fire, I can barely be around it, so if somepony knows how I'm sure the stallion will appreciate it. Just... be sure to build it away from the tree roots or anything growing, really."[/colour]

Leaving the others to their own devices, Silt approached the seed wall once more and took a single seed from it, for it was all of that kind of plant he had. Finding a spot in the dirt floor well away from the others, he planted the seed and summoned his magic. The walls and floor of the cavern glowed a bright green and the seed sprouted quickly, reaching up and accelerating through the stages of life - sprout, adult, flower, and finally, fruit. The magic stopped and Silt stood next to the spiky purple and green melon and breathed heavily. His energy was drained, and his stomach growled in hunger. [colour=#008000]"J-jogurt? Could you help me?" Silt panted. "I need my mortar and pestle, it's a stone bowl and stone stick for crushing... and a bowl of water from the spring."[/colour]

(if you dont mind could i just give a post cause my char is carrying the pony who has hypothermia )

Sapphire listened as Silt said he didn't trust the diamond dog and reached to his chest where three scars were also saying he knew we shouldn't argue."come on then we better hurry,"Sapphire said as she descended into the dimly lit cave.She then heard the injured pony say to lay him down where she had recently laid.Sapphire lowered the freezing pony and began to gather stones in a circle and then fill with sticks to create a fire due to Silt not knowing and worried about other plants, she then lit them and created a reasonable fire.She sat net to him and covered the blanket in both of them stretching her wings and sitting very close near him hoping to return some heat."you'll be fine soon,"Sapphire quietly said as she removed her armour and placed it in her magic bag.

Jogurt nodded, he was eager to help Silt! He had seen the seed go through all the stages of life in mere seconds and barely held back the urge to applaud him. He knew the situation was dire, considering the patient was in profound hypothermia and Silt had that look of drained power he was all to familiar with. Having seen spells cast on the battlefield, he knew how draining it could be as he grabbed the mortar and pestle.

Rushing back to Silt, he noticed the pony who had carried the shivering stallion was building a fire,". Giving her an approving nod, he set them next to Silt as he grabbed the bowl. Turning about, he spotted the spring and drew water from it before taking a long drink himself. "There! Everything is prepared, Silt! Squeak!", he exclaimed as a funny looking ring dropped from his bag to the floor on his return trip to Silt.

Flames flicked to life inside the cavern. The crackling was quite cheery, and the warmth that flooded the chamber was welcome to all inhabiting it. Even Silt felt himself like the element ever so slightly more. Sapphire Swirl was skilled indeed to bring one to life so fast, and Silt trusted that the mare would be able to tend to it without his help.

"There! Everything is prepared, Silt! Squeak!" Jogurt said as he brought the mortar, pestle, and water to Silt. The unicorn smiled gratefully and motioned with a hoof to the fallen ring.

[colour=#008000]"You've dropped something, friend."[/colour] Silt trotted over and used the tip of his horn to lift it off the ground rather than a spell. He didn't want to use more magic than he had to. The ring, very unique in its design, intrigued the colt, but he knew it would be best to hold his questions until later.

Having given Jogurt his property back, Silt went back to the spiky melon and examined it. With a well aimed kick from his hoof, the purple and green melon cracked open into many pieces. Using his horn, Silt pried the fruit's thick hide open to reveal a white inner flesh, dotted with jet black seeds. [colour=#008000]"Have you ever had dragonfruit before, Jogurt?"[/colour] Silt asked the hamster. [colour=#008000]"The white flesh is very sweet and tasty, but doesn't do much. The black seeds, on the other hoof, will warm whatever eats them from the belly out."[/colour] Silt looked to the others and said loud enough from them to hear, [colour=#008000]"I need only the black seeds, so if anypony wants a bite to eat, come and get it! But put the seeds in this,"[/colour] the unicorn motioned to stone mortar. Before the others had a go at the fruit, he took a bit and scrapped both seed and fruit into the bowl. The fruit may not do much on its own, but it would help sweeten the drink he was making for his newest patient.

Silverbolt shook vigrously, he felt himself being Placed on the ground somewhere. He had no idea where he was and he felt slight fear about it. He had his eyes closed the whole time. He felt a sudden heat hit him and he drew closer to it like a newborn foal to his mother. He shivered hard as his body fought the hypothermia, he opened his eyes slightly and saw Flames. He yelped and scampered in the dirt away from them. His base instincts clawing at him to get away from the flames. He fell back on his side, his legs and hooves no longer responding. He panicked slightly and looked at his Hooves, he had frostbite from being in the freezing cold rain. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Oh my celestia.......my hooves....." [/colour]He said. He didnt realize that others were with him in this strange place. He felt the panic well in him when he saw the giant fur creature that stood there with a motar and pestile. [colour=#A9A9A9]"What are you?" [/colour]

He was running out of time, Silt knew this when he heard the pegasus complain about his hooves and saw the frostbite that had taken over them. He needed medicine now, there was no time to wait for the other ponies to clean the melon. His horn glowed a bright green as he summoned his magic, for the fourth time that stormy night. The seeds wriggled free from the white fruit flesh and came to settle in Silt's bowl. Carefully, he crushed all of them. A thick, dark red liquid, like magma, flowed from the crushed seeds and mixed with the shells and bits of fruit in the bowl as Silt magically moved the pestle about. The unicorn felt fatigued from all the spells he had been casting; the mortar blurred and he had to blink his eyes hard to get it back into focus. What he needed was sleep. No, a good meal, and then sleep.

[colour=#008000]"There we go."[/colour] Silt sighed wearily as the consistency turned into a thick magenta paste that gently pulsed a dim red light. Taking the mortar between his teeth he carried it to the chilled pegasus, carefully avoiding the fire, and put it before him. [colour=#008000]"Hello there, can you hear me okay? My name is Silt. I'm here to help you. I need to you drink this, all of it."[/colour] Silt pushed the bowl closer with his nose. [colour=#008000]"It will taste very bitter, though I tried to sweeten it, but it will warm you and help cure your frostbite."[/colour]

[colour=#808080]"What are you?"[/colour] The pegasus proclaimed, noticing Jogurt. There was panic in the pony's voice.

[colour=#008000]"This is Jogurt,"[/colour] Silt said gently, not wanting to spook him. [colour=#008000]"He's a friend."[/colour]

Silverbolt Looked around Frantically around the Room. He was In slight shock, his Heart raced as he tried to grasp it all in one moment. He Saw a Unicorn Lay down next to him and Pushed a Bowl Twoards him. He had a calming soothing tone that Helped with silverbolt's Anxiety. [colour=#008000]"Can you hear me okay? My name is Silt. I'm here to help you. I need you to drink this,all of it."[/colour]The pony motioned for the bowl set out before Silver. He looked down at the bowel and took in its Red Soupy Look, it had a Sharp smell to it. He looked back up to Silt. [colour=#008000]"It will taste Very bitter,though i tried to sweeten it. But it will warm you and cure your frostbite."[/colour] Silt assured him. Silver looked back down to the bowel and attempted to pick it up. He got ahold of it and shakily drew it to his Mouth, He sipped it at first, The sharp tang had hit him like a bag of rocks. He scrunched up his nose in reaction to the tonic. He Then downed it all as quickly as he could. He coughed and coughed but it stayed down. [colour=#008000]"This is Jogurt. He's a friend." [/colour]Silt had said in a soothing tone. Silver placed the Bowl on the floor, He figured the mixture would help him soon enough. His hooves hurt really badly from the Frostbite. He gritted his teeth in slight pain and only nodded. He Looked around the room once more, there were roots in them that sparked his interest. [colour=#A9A9A9]"W....where is this place?" [/colour]He asked in a calm tone. He saw the mare with a black coat whom had carried him, he smiled to her and nodded. He also saw a pegasus Laying nearby whom seemed like she had recieved some Medical attention as well. It seemed like he was safe here with these Strangers. But he felt better being here than outside.

Watching as Jogurt gave Silt a few things, Sapphire felt the pegasus who she had recently rescued, wriggle roughly underneath her blanket as well as her wings. His eyes had saw the flames of the fire she had built which scared the Celestia and Luna out of him causing him to come out from the blanket and her wing and push up against the cave wall. Sapphire felt sorry for the colt as he saw and realised his hooves were frozen numb and completely covered in frost bite. As she watched Silt push the bowl towards him, she looked at him as he slipped the mixture down his throat which didn't look very inviting, after he had finished she smiled back at him. "I'm Sapphire I was sent by Twilight Sparkle to rescue you all from Ponyville, I carried you from your self-made den and saved you from timberwolves if you remember glad your fine we are in a safe place," she said kindly as to not scare him and lifted the blanket and her wing for him to lay underneath to keep warm.

Silverbolt listened to The black mare whom called herself Saphire. She explained to him that he was safe and there was nothing to fear here. He Shivered slightly with the Hypothermia and nodded to her. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Thanks.....if you hadnt arrived i would have been a Timberwolf's meal" [/colour]He said in a chilled tone. He looked to Silt who had gave him the drink, "[colour=#A9A9A9]and thank you for the drink, Its helping alot right now." [/colour]He said. He felt himself overcome with chills once more He shivered and saw that Saphire had Invited him to lay back down again. He slowly got up and flapped his wings slightly. He trotted over on his sore Hooves and Lay back down next to her. She had covered him with her wing and the blanket once more. He sighed and relaxed, his body still shivered with the Hypothermia. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Twilight sent you? I didnt figure i was valued at such a rescue." [/colour]He asked her as he curled up next to her drawing her body heat. He was small enough so he could Be covered by her entire wing.

"She believes everyone is important big or small no matter what no pony should be left alone," Sapphire had then said as he came and snuggled back next to her, covered fully in her black wing before he shivered many more times." Silt what about the others the diamond dog and the other Pegasus ?" She then asked suddenly remembering the other Pegasus out side as well as the diamond dog.

[colour=#808080]"W...where is this place?"[/colour] the pegasus asked, his voice calm and steady. Already the potion was taking effect.

[colour=#008000]"My home."[/colour] Silt mumbled. The colt was tired, so very tired. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, but then Sapphire spoke up.

"Silt, what about the others? The diamond dog and the other pegasus?"

It felt like a rock had lodged in Silt's stomach. In his rush to help the chilled pegasus, he had forgotten about Stormwing and the dog. He didn't want to go outside, he was terrified of the though of facing the dog, but he couldn't leave his new friend alone with a predator. [colour=#008000]"I'll go look for him.."[/colour] Silt said wearily, pushed himself to his hooves, and slowly ascended the dirt stairs to the surface.

(Ooc: Just curious... Who all is still a part of this? I've noticed that a lot of people haven't posted in a long time...)

Sky tripped on a root and fell into the mud. "Cursed forest!" The teal coated Pegasus yelled. Sky Blue was a chemist in Cloudsdale, and had been sent by his teacher, Professor Spectrum, to retrieve a flower in the Everfree forest. Sky knew it was crazy to enter the Everfree forest, during a storm no less, but the Professor always had a reason for everything he had Sky do.

After getting up and wiping as much mud as possible from his cloak, he ventured forward into the darkness of the forest, being mindful of roots and searching for the white flower the Professor called....what was it again? The Wind Milly? 'Blasted memory!' Sky thought. 'At least I remember what the flower looks like. Four thin white petals, like a windmill on a stem.'

Engrossed in his thoughts, Sky almost tripped over another root. "It's like the forest itself trying to kill me! But I can't go back to the Professor without that flower. I haven't disappointed the Professor yet, and I don't plan to now!"

(How's this for my first, or technically second, post?)