The Equestrian Renaissance: Broken Ties (OOC Interest Check and Open Join)

"Have you ever seen the end to an era? It can sometimes occur peacefully, but in my experience it is never ends so easily. This time, it was a mixture of both conflict and resolution...a quicksilver peace that could be disrupted and completely shredded at a moment's notice. I was once the ruler of all of Equestria, but in recent years, mistakes have transformed my once glorious kingdom into a collection of city-states and separate nations. I, Celestia, have attributed to the break-up of an empire, for that was what it truly was, despite what many would believe. Ten years ago, discontent amongst my closest allies caused what is now known as the Great Secession. Even my own sister and beloved pupil turned their backs on our union, and split Equestria into pieces, followed quickly by Discord and my niece to the far north. I did nothing to stop them...I wanted no bloodshed, and even so, what would I have had to do to maintain national stability afterwards? There was no way I could send Luna back to the moon again, or anypony else for that matter. So, I let them go. Maybe I should have stopped them, if I knew what would come out of it.

Following the Great Secession came numerous conflicts as the several factions and developing regions struggled amongst one another to maintain dominance, and many lost their lives. It was out of this collection of wars that the impossible happened; the rise of a new age. Today, five distinct nations rule over Equestria, each attempting to seize power over the other. We have not been in open conflict since the last battles of the Great Secession, and this small period of uneasy peace has stimulated the growth of all kinds of marvelous innovations and discoveries. With the return of the steam engine, technology had risen to new heights in Equestria; ranging from marvelous flying contraptions for the earth-bound ponies to the gigantic factories that fill the skylines of every city. I find the inventions shown to me every day ingenius and remarkable; who knew that so much could be done with science? Perhaps my student, Twilight, understands...her own Confederacy has become quite the continental power, and none could be more evident of the transformation as the former Ponyville.

Many changes have come to Equestria since the Great Secession, changes both grand and frightening. Lately, I have been having terrible dreams of weapons built from a wicked, explosive black power...what it could mean, I have no true answer. I fear that once this dark substance becomes a weapon, the toll of destruction will be immense; but what can I possibly do? All I can do is hope that whoever discovers it will have the sense to keep it hidden from the world, but I have my doubts. Due to the rapid growth of idealogy and technology in Equestria, some have began to call it a Renaissance...but what 'rebirth' could it possibly be? I have seen nothing like it. Could it be the return of some lost age? Possibly; despite what everypony believes, neither I nor my sister have lived forever...maybe Discord would know something.

While politics between the new nations is limited, it is often neutral or peaceful in practice. Even with the radical Anarchic Consortium, it is often simple to negotiate and to be civilized. Lately, however, peace has been much harder to achieve. War is on the minds of the entire continent, from Vanhoover in the northwest to Baltimare in the southeast. Even the governments of the city-states have been growing increasingly hungry for whatever they could lay their hooves on...even my own. I only hope that it will not fall down to violence for everypony to get what they want.

The Equestria of today is very different from what I remember, and so are its inhabitants. One day, I hope to reunite Equestria, even at the cost of my life or throne. Well...my throne isn't worth that much anymore now."

- Her Esteemed Highness, Princess Celestia of the Empyrean Kingdom.

- Equestrian Political Observation System (E.P.O.S.), activated. Initializing starting operation protocols. Welcome, User.

Chosen Subject of Observation: The Empyrean Kingdom, or E.K.

Current Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy.

Current Center of Government: Canterlot.

Current Leader: Princess Celestia. Alicorn. Former ruler of the old Equestria.

Current Citystates Under E.K. Influence: Canterlot and Cloudsdale.

Current Species Majority: Earth pony, pegasi, and unicorns.

Current Industrial Strength: Moderate.

Current Military Strength: Moderate.

Current Government Stability: High.

Current Foreign Policy: Peaceful.

Details of Selected Subject: The birth of the Empyrean Kingdom began at the start of the Great Secession and the first of the territorial battles that occured in the land, seas, and skies of Equestria, when opposing city-states had split away from the main government. Often considered by many in both the Kingdom and outsiders as the unofficial 'Heart of Equestria', it is all that remains of the once-united continental nation. Led by the former ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia, its government resembles an Absolute Monarchy, in which all political power rests in Celestia herself. While this puts political restraints on the populace, the economic status of the Empyrean Kingdom is easily comparable to that of a free market economy, with privately owned businesses and few government regulations. The nation consists of both Cloudsdale and Canterlot, with Canterlot being the center of the regime.

The military of the Empyrean Kingdom is average compared to other governments, and consists of the former R.E.A. (Royal Equestrian Army), now simply known as the Iron Solari, characterized by their always shining metal armor and the sun emblems on their cloaks. While the Kingdom's military is small, it is highly disciplined, and possesses one of the Great Captains; strategic geniuses who had shown their skill during the Great Secession conflict. The Iron Solari serve mainly as an unbiased police force, upholding Kingdom law and protecting the civil rights of the nation's civilians. Despite political differences, many of the other sovereign regimes of Equestria send exceptional young officers to the former Cloudsdale Thunderbolt Academy, now known as Alliance University. Empyrean policy toward the other nations is remarkably warm and approachable, often using diplomacy to maintain peaceful relations with all of Equestria's regimes. However, in recent times, the Anarchic Consortium has put a tense pressure on the Empyrean Kingdom to give in to their demands.

Like many of the Equestrian nations, the Kingdom has grown into an impressive steam-powered industrial society. Although not as advanced as the Starlit Confederacy, they have maintained a sizable economy and a stable productivity rate. Due to the free market aspects of the Kingdom, the citizens own their own businesses, and are given the option to trade in-and-out of the nation's borders. Visitors from other nations are welcome as well, and are often used to stimulate economic trade. Transportation in the Kingdom mainly includes steam trains or vibrocopters.

• 3 weeks later...

psh i've been lurking this RP since May 6 2013

As have I. Just felt the need to post in order to show interest. In hopes that it gets updated.

• 2 weeks later...