(Ponyville) Boutique of Terror (Closed: Phil)

Razor walked slowly towards the ever approaching building. His terror was extreme and he felt that he would rather face a wild dragon then do what he was about to do today.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is so exciting! Mommy talked about some of the designs that came from this very boutique!" [/colour]Glimmer said in excitement, atop her brothers head where she lay reading a Canterlot Fashion magazine.

[colour=#FF0000]"It was the closest place, I didn't even know about this place till you pointed it out that there was a clothing store here." [/colour]Razor said, trying to curb his sisters excitement.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Boutique Razor. It's a Boutique."[/colour] Glimmer said, rubbing Razor's head feathers

Razor flipped his head about, causing Glimmer to loss her balance and cling to him with her claws. She glared at her brother before getting back into her previous posistion. Razor just chuckled before saying, "Bo[colour=#FF0000]utique. Clothes store. What is the difference? They all sell the same thing."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Boys." [/colour]Glimmer said, flicking Razor's ear. Razor just rolled his eyes.

[colour=#FF0000]"Anyway. Whats got you so excited about this place?"[/colour] Razor asked.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Well for one some of the fashions made here were shown in Hoity Toity's Best of the Best Boutique. See they got pictures."[/colour] Glimmer shoved the magazine in Razor's face.

Razor rolled his eyes and took the magazine. Glimmer pointed out six different dresses, [colour=#EE82EE]"See how the colours just meld so well together. Oh and the stitching is just perfect, and they just scream personality!"[/colour]

Glimmer was starting to get a look in her eyes like their mother did at this point when she was in the middle of either a creative storm or appreaciating good fashion designs.

[colour=#FF0000]"You're just like our mother." [/colour][colour=#000000]Ra[/colour]zor said. Though he would admit.....they dresses did look nice. It was getting close to Mother's Day, maybe he would buy his mum something nice.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh I wonder if I can learn any new dress designing skills from the owner. Oh maybe they will take me on as a student!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gli[/colour]mmer said, pulling her bow in excitement.

[colour=#FF0000]"Cool the stoop drop Glimmer. We're just here to get me a tie. No fancy suits, just a tie. I might be going to our brothers wedding, but I don't plan to dress up. I know why mum wants me to do that and I stand by what I say. Its a lost cause." [/colour][colour=#000000]Ra[/colour]zor said.

Glimmer looked down at her brother and frowned, bow visbly drooping, [colour=#EE82EE]"But...but.....oh okay." [/colour][colour=#000000]She[/colour] curled up and stayed silent now.

Razor sighed, [colour=#FF0000]"Hey....if I buy you a dress will that make you feel better?"[/colour]

Glimmer looked at Razor, [colour=#EE82EE]"...maybe."[/colour]

Razor sighed. He hated seeing his siter like this, but he stood by what he said. He was just going to get a tie. But knowinghis luck....his plans might get flipped over.

The two stood before the entrance to the boutique and Glimmer hopped down from Razor's head. A bit more happy now as her tail wagged wildly in excitement. Razor rolled his eyes before giving a knock on the door before opening.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hello? Anypony here?" [/colour]He called as he walked in.

It was a relatively slow day of business at Carousel Boutique. She had seen a few customers in the morning, but as the day progressed Rarity hadn't had much to really deal with. This was of no concern to Rarity; on the contrary, a moment or two's reprieve could go a long way toward keeping her sane. That's not to say Rarity could take it easy when there no customer's mulling about; no, when the Carousel was running, she was always at work. Not having to deal directly with customers just meant time to work on sewing up previous orders. She always had a lot to complete too. Like the revolving carousel for which it was named and inspired in design, life at the boutique could be described as a never ending cycle. All the same, Rarity was nothing but happy with any of it. She was doing what she loved.

"Hello? Anypony here?"

Rarity perked up at the sound of voices and her bell coming from the entrance. Customers! How wonderful.

[colour=#663399]"Just a moment!"[/colour] she callled out as she came to a good stopping point on the dress she was presently sewing. Setting it aside, she gave a nod, adjusted her work glasses and strolled out to meet her valued guests.

She was surprised to find a pair of griffons looking back at her, one male and one female. From their sizes both were fairly young, though the female was clearly the younger. She offered them a welcoming smile. [colour=#663399]"Oh my, a pair of griffons; how rare!"[/colour] she started as she approached them closely. [colour=#663399]"Such lovely plumage on you both!"[/colour] she said as she examined the feathers of each griffon.

[colour=#663399]"I am the proprietor of this Carousel Boutique, Miss Rarity! It would be my delight to assist you both,"[/colour] she said, offering a welcoming smile.

Glimmer giggled as Rarity inspected her feathers,[colour=#EE82EE] "Thank you, but their not as pretty as your mane. I wish griffons could style their feathers like you pony's style your manes."[/colour]

Razor looked the proprietor over with a critical eye. Long dealings with clients tended to give a good skill in determining character, at least with ponies. It was a skill that while he still had to perfect, it was useful if the pony in question might become a possible client.

He could tell that Rarity had the speaking pattern of someone who enjoyed high society, but lacking in the better then you that most in that area had. So some acting like a gentlegriffon would be needed, but only a little. And he would agree with his sister, the mare was....pretty, for a pony.

[colour=#FF0000]"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Rarity."[/colour] Razor said, giving a slight bow before extending a claw. Get in, get out and maybe get a future client. Easy and simple....he hoped.

Glimmer gasped when Rarity claimed to be the owner, [colour=#EE82EE]"You're the owner! Oh then are you the one that made these dresses?" [/colour]She held up the magazine of Hoity Toitys Best of the Best. Glimmer was absoluetly excited now, she felt ready to burst.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh, Glimmer calm down, you know how your feathers get when your excited."[/colour] Razor said, starting to think it was a bad idea to bring Glimmer along.

Glimmer blinked and noticed some of her feathers were out of alignment, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh."[/colour] She quickly preened them straight before looking back to Rarity with a smile, [colour=#EE82EE]"Sorry..I...I'm just so excited to meet a fasionista of your skill."[/colour] She fixed her bow, hoping to look her best for this moment.

[colour=#FF0000]"Look Miss Rarity, sorry if we interrupted anything but....I need something for a wedding. A tie maybe, do you have any?"[/colour] Razor asked.

[colour=#222222]

Rarity smiled at the young female griffon. She really liked the attitude of this one. It was irresistible! She moved in close to the little griffoness and ran her immaculate hoof against her soft crest feathers. [/colour]

[colour=#5c3995]

"Oh, nonsense darling! Your feathers are absolutely lovely! And you griffons have an abundance of delightful options just as we ponies do. You can shape them and style them, fluff them out or colourize,"[colour=#222222] she said with encouraging enthusiasm. [/colour]"And that's to say nothing about accessories!" [colour=#222222]she added with glee.

​[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#da251a]

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Rarity."[/colour]

[colour=#222222]

This male griffon seemed less comfortable and more stiff than the female. Rarity was all too familiar with the expression on his face. She had seen it on a number of males and Rainbow Dashes who had wandered into her shop, either alone or with a sibling, mother or special somepony. It was that unmistakable mix of dread, terror and just a hint of curiosity. There was a little more to him than just that though. He seemed to perhaps have another intent with how he lingered on her, Rarity noticed. This sort of thing was not so uncommon with the male guests as well, not that Rarity minded; Rarity did quite intentionally exhaust a lot of energy on her charms. Yet while the idea of a griffon was somewhat exotically alluring, with his smaller stature she had to wonder if this one wasn't a little young for her.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]

She took his claw and gently held it while giving her best smile. She was certainly not above layering on the charm if it helped her make a sale. [colour=#5c3995]"A pleasure indeed,"[/colour] she said, narrowing her eyes as she stepped back.

​[/colour][colour=#da251a]

[colour=#d88aea]"You're the owner! Oh then are you the one that made these dresses?" [/colour]

"Ugh, Glimmer calm down, you know how your feathers get when your excited."[colour=#222222] [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#d88aea]

"Oh. Sorry..I...I'm just so excited to meet a fasionista of your skill."[colour=#222222] [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222]

She watched the exchange between the two and nodded knowingly. Siblings. Definitely. She could hardly count the times she had taken the very same tone as the male when addressing her own over excitable little sister. Like Sweetie, this Glimmer was all sorts of cute though. Rarity gave an affected giggle and shook her head.[/colour]

[colour=#5c3995]

"Why thank you, dear. I'm pleased to see you find my work so exciting,"[colour=#222222] she said with another small giggle. [/colour]"I am indeed the maker of every dress you see here. This Rarity is the only pony you'll find running in this Carousel!"[colour=#222222]

​[/colour][/colour][colour=#da251a]

"Look Miss Rarity, sorry if we interrupted anything but....I need something for a wedding. A tie maybe, do you have any?"[colour=#222222] [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222]

Rarity turned back to the out of place male. Oh, so they were here for him? That was a surprise, but perhaps a fortunate one. She giggled and gave a vigorous nod.[/colour]

[colour=#5c3995]

"A tie? Why of course I have plenty of ties, and could make more still, in any style and colour you could possibly want!"[colour=#222222] she said as she stepped toward a small corner wall where some ties were on display. [/colour]"However, if you are to be a guest at a wedding, I would think a tie alone would hardly suffice. Wouldn't you rather make a impression? In just the right suit a dashing young griffon like yourself could set aflutter the heart of every fair young lady who glances your way!" [colour=#222222]she said, excitedly. Any chance to sell a fine suit could not be ignored, and the chance to fit or make a suit for a griffon would be a rare pleasure.

​[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222]

Rarity smiled at the young female griffon. She really liked the attitude of this one. It was irresistible! She moved in close to the little griffoness and ran her immaculate hoof against her soft crest feathers. [/colour]

[colour=#5C3995]"Oh, nonsense darling! Your feathers are absolutely lovely! And you griffons have an abundance of delightful options just as we ponies do. You can shape them and style them, fluff them out or colourize,"[colour=#222222] she said with encouraging enthusiasm. [/colour]"And that's to say nothing about accessories!" [colour=#222222]she added with glee.

[/colour][/colour]

Glimmer gasped, her eyes sparkling, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh oh oh can we do that. Please please please." [/colour]She asked as she hopped up and down with a big smile, her bow bobbing up and down with each jump.

Glimmer was just so excited to be with a famous fashionista, and she couldn't help but giggle in excitement. [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh can we do it please, I want to be extra pretty like you."[/colour]

Glimmer already knew she was the cutest griffon in the world, but she wanted to look extra cute and pretty now that she was in the company of a Rarity. Who knew what she could learn.

[colour=#222222]

[/colour]

[colour=#222222]She took his claw and gently held it while giving her best smile. She was certainly not above layering on the charm if it helped her make a sale. [colour=#5C3995]"A pleasure indeed,"[/colour] she said, narrowing her eyes as she stepped back.

[/colour]

[colour=#D88AEA][colour=#222222]Razor blinked as Rarity narrowed her eyes. Was it an attempt at being seductive? Probably not; so what was it? Not a glare, the pony looked like the type that would squirm over a speck of dirt not even his eyes could see. Was it that squint some ponies did when they were making fun of his height problem, that thought made Razor almost twitch.[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]'No no....no negative thoughts. Probably not that....at least it better not be!'[/colour] He thought, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

[colour=#222222]

[/colour]

[colour=#5C3995]"Why thank you, dear. I'm pleased to see you find my work so exciting,"[colour=#222222] she said with another small giggle. [/colour]"I am indeed the maker of every dress you see here. This Rarity is the only pony you'll find running in this Carousel!"[colour=#222222]

[/colour][/colour]

Glimmer squealled again, and grabbed Razor around the neck in a tight hug, [colour=#EE82EE]"Ahhh. Isn't it amazing Razor. We get to spend time with a famous fashionista. Her works were said to be the greatest by Hoity Toity." [/colour]

Razor choked by the tight excited grip of his sister, [colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer...can't....breathe." [/colour]

Glimmer blinked and let his brother go, [colour=#EE82EE]"oops. Sorry."[/colour]

Razor rubbed his neck and coughed, [colour=#FF0000]"No problem...yeah sure....great."[/colour]

[colour=#222222]

Rarity turned back to the out of place male. Oh, so they were here for him? That was a surprise, but perhaps a fortunate one. She giggled and gave a vigorous nod.[/colour]

[colour=#5C3995]"A tie? Why of course I have plenty of ties, and could make more still, in any style and colour you could possibly want!"[colour=#222222] she said as she stepped toward a small corner wall where some ties were on display. [/colour]"However, if you are to be a guest at a wedding, I would think a tie alone would hardly suffice. Wouldn't you rather make a impression? In just the right suit a dashing young griffon like yourself could set aflutter the heart of every fair young lady who glances your way!" [colour=#222222]she said, excitedly. Any chance to sell a fine suit could not be ignored, and the chance to fit or make a suit for a griffon would be a rare pleasure.

​[/colour][/colour]

Razor blinked and looked at Rarity with a raised brow, [colour=#FF0000]"You're serious?" [/colour]

Razor wasn't sure if she was being mocking or serious. Either way Razor felt a need to end this train of thought before it entered the station.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well that does sound...nice...but no. For a number of reasons,"[/colour] Razor said as he held up his claw, [colour=#FF0000]"number one, nothingI wear will make a difference. Two, I'm not going to this wedding to appease my mother's desire to see me find a life-mate, when it is already clear such a thing ain't happening. Three, no force on this earth or the skies above will get me to dress fancy. Not the elders of Aquilla nor the princesses of Equestria."[/colour]

Glimmer gasped and turned to her brother, [colour=#EE82EE]"But...but Razor. This is Rarity! You can't say no to a customized design!"[/colour]

Razor shook his head, [colour=#FF0000]"I made this clear Glimmer, I'm dressing up. Lost cause, ain't happening."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"But....but...Razor."[/colour] Glimmer said, her eyes going wide and her lower lip of her beak starting to tremble.

Razor's eyes widened and he looked away, [colour=#FF0000]"No...not gonna look. Not the face, not gonna look."[/colour]

Glimmer's eyes began to water, [colour=#EE82EE]"Don't you want to look nice? Mommy would like it, and I think you would look nice in something fancy." [/colour]She sniffled.

Razor twitched at his sisters sniffle and he rubbed the back of his head uneasily. He slowly looked at her and felt ready to give, [colour=#FF0000]"Oh...with the face...and the eyes and the....I can't...I..I...Ok alright." [/colour]Razor finally gave in and sighed.

Glimmer's face immediatly went from sad to glad as she gasped, [colour=#EE82EE]"So you will do it?"[/colour]

Razor nodded, [colour=#FF0000]"Yes I'll get something nice to wear."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah!"[/colour] Glimmer cheered and hugged her brother with griffon strength. Razor's neck bones cracking slightly from the pressure.

[colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer...can't breathe.....again." [/colour]He said, gasping for air when she let go.

Glimmer bounced around Rarity and Razor, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun. Oh can I help please please. I could learn so much. Oh lets make Razor a prince right out of the history books."[/colour]

Razor rolled his eyes, He knew he would regret this....but if it made Glimmer happy he would do it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Alright. Besides, she is....good with designs I guess."[/colour] Razor said, [colour=#FF0000]"So....where do we start?"[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh oh oh can we do that. Please please please. [/colour][colour=#EE82EE]Oh can we do it please, I want to be extra pretty like you."[/colour]

Rarity smiled warmly at the young griffoness' enthusiasm. She had only meant to indicate how a griffon like her could coif her plumage, but evidently the little one wished for Rarity to demonstrate. She wouldn't mind of course. Dresses were her art, but she was skilled in every aspect of styling and beautifying. She gave a sweet giggle and nodded.

[colour=#663399]"I'll admit I haven't actually had the opportunity to style a lot of griffons before. As such, it would be my upmost delight to do what I can to make your feathers as glamourous as possible,"[/colour] Rarity said, nodding some more. [colour=#663399]"But let's focus on one thing at a time," [/colour]she added. She'd see to the brother here first.

"Ahhh. Isn't it amazing Razor. We get to spend time with a famous fashionista. Her works were said to be the greatest by Hoity Toity."

[colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer...can't....breathe." [/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"oops. Sorry."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"No problem...yeah sure....great."[/colour]

This conversation was interesting for a number of reasons. For one, these two were adorable. She could see even more echos of her relationship with her own kid sister, which was warmly affecting. For another it confirmed to her how great and influential a friend somepony like Hoity Toity could be. That stallion's words and reputation continued to send in the customers. She would have to be sure to thank him next time she was in Canterlot.

"You're serious? [colour=#FF0000]Well that does sound...nice...but no. For a number of reasons,[/colour][colour=#FF0000]number one, nothing I wear will make a difference. Two, I'm not going to this wedding to appease my mother's desire to see me find a life-mate, when it is already clear such a thing ain't happening. Three, no force on this earth or the skies above will get me to dress fancy. Not the elders of Aquilla nor the princesses of Equestria."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"But...but Razor. This is Rarity! You can't say no to a customized design!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I made this clear Glimmer, I'm dressing up. Lost cause, ain't happening."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"But....but...Razor."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"No...not gonna look. Not the face, not gonna look."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Don't you want to look nice? Mommy would like it, and I think you would look nice in something fancy."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh...with the face...and the eyes and the....I can't...I..I...Ok alright." [/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"So you will do it?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes I'll get something nice to wear."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer...can't breathe.....again." [/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun. Oh can I help please please. I could learn so much. Oh lets make Razor a prince right out of the history books."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Alright. Besides, she is....good with designs I guess. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]So....where do we start?"[/colour]

This griffon really was a pessimistic one, wasn't he? Rarity had to wonder why he was so down on himself. With the look on his face, it likely was just the typical male aversion to fancy dress, but seemed so adamant. Or... at least he did until his sister started to systematically tear him down. Rarity laughed. That's how little sisters were. With her sweet pleas, her own could even convince her to go out into the wilderness on a camping trip. Truly, the little sister was a powerful force that could not be taken lightly. Here, it seemed like this would work to her advantage.

[colour=#663399]"Trust your sister, dear, I am an artist! In my capable hooves there's no such thing as a lost cause, and certainly not a dashing young griffon like yourself," [/colour]Rarity said, throwing back her mane. [colour=#663399]"You won't be disappointed."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"As for you, darling,"[/colour] she said, addressing Glimmer. [colour=#663399]"I'd be delighted to have you as my assistant for the day! I'm positive that with your help, we can have your brother looking just gorgeous!"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Now then, you said we want a custom piece here, right?"[/colour] she started, nodding at Razor as she moved in to examine his coat and plumage closely. Silently, she grabbed a nearby tape measure and began to take the griffon's measurements. [colour=#663399]"Do you have any specifications? A colour? A particular style or shape? Anything?"[/colour]

Rarity smiled warmly at the young griffoness' enthusiasm. She had only meant to indicate how a griffon like her could coif her plumage, but evidently the little one wished for Rarity to demonstrate. She wouldn't mind of course. Dresses were her art, but she was skilled in every aspect of styling and beautifying. She gave a sweet giggle and nodded.

[colour=#663399]"I'll admit I haven't actually had the opportunity to style a lot of griffons before. As such, it would be my upmost delight to do what I can to make your feathers as glamourous as possible,"[/colour] Rarity said, nodding some more. [colour=#663399]"But let's focus on one thing at a time," [/colour]she added. She'd see to the brother here first.

Glimmer smiled and nodded, [colour=#EE82EE]"Okay. Oh this will be so much fun. Thank you Miss Rarity."[/colour] Glimmer said, her tail swishing about in delight.

This griffon really was a pessimistic one, wasn't he? Rarity had to wonder why he was so down on himself. With the look on his face, it likely was just the typical male aversion to fancy dress, but seemed so adamant. Or... at least he did until his sister started to systematically tear him down. Rarity laughed. That's how little sisters were. With her sweet pleas, her own could even convince her to go out into the wilderness on a camping trip. Truly, the little sister was a powerful force that could not be taken lightly. Here, it seemed like this would work to her advantage.

[colour=#663399]"Trust your sister, dear, I am an artist! In my capable hooves there's no such thing as a lost cause, and certainly not a dashing young griffon like yourself," [/colour]Rarity said, throwing back her mane. [colour=#663399]"You won't be disappointed."[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"As for you, darling,"[/colour] she said, addressing Glimmer. [colour=#663399]"I'd be delighted to have you as my assistant for the day! I'm positive that with your help, we can have your brother looking just gorgeous!"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Now then, you said we want a custom piece here, right?"[/colour] she started, nodding at Razor as she moved in to examine his coat and plumage closely. Silently, she grabbed a nearby tape measure and began to take the griffon's measurements. [colour=#663399]"Do you have any specifications? A colour? A particular style or shape? Anything?"[/colour]

Glimmer squealed again, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes." [/colour]She said as she hopped up and down,[colour=#EE82EE] "this is the greatest day of my life."[/colour]

Razor gulped, feeling something akin to dread creeping up on him. Two fashion designers were going to use him for a guinea pig? This wasn't a store, this was the firey inferno!

[colour=#FF0000]'Oh boy, this isn't good.' [/colour]He thought, taking a calming breath. Was it too late to run?

Razor sighed and let Rarity take his measurements. He knew a drill similar to what his mother did when she measured him or his brothers when they were younger...or when he visited and she got one of those...creative moments. It was never any fun. He stood still when needed, extended his claws out if asked and extended his wing or both if he was asked to, or he just did it out of a habit as it was what his mother did. Wing measures were important at times, if one was making something that involved pseudowing decorations.

He blinked at Rarity's question and he rubbed the spot where his beak connected to his face with a claw in thought, [colour=#FF0000]"Hmmm...well since I hadn't intended to originally do this....I got nothing of preference. Something that will allow my wings to still be used. Nothing excessive in fabric and wild colours like some ponies in Canterlot wear. You're the designer, what do you think works?" [/colour]

Glimmer opened her mouth to say something but Razor cut her off, [colour=#FF0000]"No Glimmer. No pseudowings. I doubt Miss Rarity here has any of those anyway."[/colour]

"Shoot, I guess you're right." Glimmer said, pouting a bit. She thought for a moment and gasped, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh oh how about a cloak? The base could match your feathers colour and the trim could be silver shaped to read an Old Aquillian quote you like so much."[/colour]

Razor blinked, [colour=#FF0000]"The one Talonius Razor said? Veni, Vidi, Vici?"[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah that. Or maybe something more modern. What do you think Miss Rarity?" [/colour]Glimmer asked. She had never tried to design something for another griffon and she felt a bit unsure of her ideas, so she would follow Rarity's lead.

• 3 weeks later...

((ooc: sorry for the huge delay on this. should have got back to it sooner. :blush: ))

[colour=#EE82EE]"Okay. Oh this will be so much fun. Thank you Miss Rarity. [/colour][colour=#EE82EE]Oh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. [/colour][colour=#EE82EE]this is the greatest day of my life."[/colour]

The young griffoness' enthusiasm was infectious. Rarity couldn't help but smile as she watched her eyes light up. This was clearly one with a passion for fashion. Rarity was always delighted to see that in a youth. It just made her all the more eager to please this young Glimmer as best she could. The cleanest path to that seemed to be making the older brother as stylish as was possible. Looking him over as she did her measurements, she was confident she was up to the task.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hmmm...well since I hadn't intended to originally do this....I got nothing of preference. Something that will allow my wings to still be used. Nothing excessive in fabric and wild colours like some ponies in Canterlot wear. You're the designer, what do you think works? No Glimmer. No pseudowings. I doubt Miss Rarity here has any of those anyway."[/colour]

Pseudowings? Rarity wasn't sure she was familiar with the term. Were they come kind of stylish wing covers? She had made that manner of thing for some of her pegasus clients. It was likely a term used in Aquelian fashion, something Rarity had neglected to study very far. She would need to remember to research it later. She wasn't going to admit to not knowing something about fashion to the customer in the meantime, so she just nodded along. If the client had no preference that meant she would have free reign. That was always fun.

"Shoot, I guess you're right. [colour=#EE82EE]oh how about a cloak? The base could match your feathers colour and the trim could be silver shaped to read an Old Aquillian quote you like so much."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"The one Talonius Razor said? Veni, Vidi, Vici?"[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah that. Or maybe something more modern. What do you think Miss Rarity?"[/colour]

Seeing things continue to unfold, Rarity decided there was probably an even more fun approach. She gave a bold nod and looked toward Giimmer.

[colour=#663399]"I think it sounds like someone here has a budding love for the fashionable! As an artist, I find it is my duty to help nurture such things where I find them,"[/colour] she added with a smile.

[colour=#663399]"So, how about it, darling; since brother has no preferences, how would you like to assist me in designing his ensemble?"[/colour] Rarity asked with a smile.[colour=#663399] "I'm sure nopony could possibly know better how to suit your brother than you do!"[/colour]

It seemed a perfect idea. She was wondering how Razor would react.

Seeing things continue to unfold, Rarity decided there was probably an even more fun approach. She gave a bold nod and looked toward Giimmer.

[colour=#663399]"I think it sounds like someone here has a budding love for the fashionable! As an artist, I find it is my duty to help nurture such things where I find them,"[/colour] she added with a smile.

[colour=#663399]"So, how about it, darling; since brother has no preferences, how would you like to assist me in designing his ensemble?"[/colour] Rarity asked with a smile.[colour=#663399] "I'm sure nopony could possibly know better how to suit your brother than you do!"[/colour]

It seemed a perfect idea. She was wondering how Razor would react.

Glimmer nodded, "Yep my mommy is also a fashion designer. I love fashion as much as Razor loves racing and flying. And yeah I know my big brother as much as he knows himself."

With Razor's measurements taken Glimmer walked around her brother, "Hmmm. Well I know Razor will want to have his wings free. Heh, last time he felt his wings being bound he went crazy and slashed up several dresses mommy had been making. Oh boy she had been mad."

Razor gulped remembering that, "Mad....is not the word to use...." He shivered remembering that day. It was....horrible.

Glimmer just giggled, "Oh it wasn't that bad. But try to avoid damaging anything Miss Rarity has here. That would be very mean. Now, I think something that matches your feathers in colour. Do you have anything like that Miss Rarity?"

Glimmer moved around Razor some more, "Hmmm, something like a coat to go around his chest. It shouldn't restrict his wings, so if we want something on his back perhaps a cloak. Maybe we can also design his feathers on his head to give them better style."

Razor sighed and looked about, noticing several designs and other stuff. The entire boutique showed a pony that loved her work, and Razor could respect one that gave it their all in something they loved.

"What got you into fashion anyway?" He asked.

• 2 weeks later...

"Yep my mommy is also a fashion designer. I love fashion as much as Razor loves racing and flying. And yeah I know my big brother as much as he knows himself."

[colour=#663399]"You don't say?" [/colour]Rarity started, somewhat surprised to hear this. [colour=#663399]"Would I know her from any of the big fashion magazines? Well... perhaps not if she's mostly known in Aquelia. All the same, a big part of this job is keeping one eye toward one's peers at any given time."[/colour]

The mare gave a stiff nod as she considered it.[colour=#663399] "Actually, I have to say I am most curious. I don't know very much at all when it comes to Aquelian fashion. It could prove rewarding to investigate!"[/colour]

"Hmmm. Well I know Razor will want to have his wings free. Heh, last time he felt his wings being bound he went crazy and slashed up several dresses mommy had been making. Oh boy she had been mad."

"Mad....is not the word to use...."

Rarity shook at the thought. There was little worse for an artist than to have her art needlessly destroyed. She could definitely sympathize with the mother of these two. It brought to her mind vivid memories of Sweetie getting out of hoof. She'd definitely have to keep it in mind and make sure she did her best to please this customer. She didn't want any temperamental griffons wrecking her wares. Hopefully the sister would help her rein him in and not goad him too hard. She was going to put her faith in her customers for now; hopefully it didn't prove to be a mistake.

"Oh it wasn't that bad. But try to avoid damaging anything Miss Rarity has here. That would be very mean. Now, I think something that matches your feathers in colour. Do you have anything like that Miss Rarity? Hmmm, something like a coat to go around his chest. It shouldn't restrict his wings, so if we want something on his back perhaps a cloak. Maybe we can also design his feathers on his head to give them better style."

Rarity nodded at all the suggestions from the younger griffon. Glimmer had a real knack for fashion given her age. Rarity liked what she was hearing at least. She offered a smile in return.

[colour=#663399]"Excellent suggestions, darling," she said with a nod. "I have fabric in all sorts of colours, and if I don't have it I know where to get it."[/colour] The mare moved aside to her fabric store then and rolled out a long roll of bluish-gray fabric that matched the male griffon's feathers in colour almost perfectly. [colour=#663399]"Does this look about right?"[/colour] She rolled out a second fabric then, this one a similar colour but rather than matching his feathers exactly was a few tones darker in colour. [colour=#663399]"Or perhaps it should be a little darker for flair?"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"A coat with room for the wings is no trouble; I've done many such pieces for more fashionable pegasus stallions," [/colour]Rarity started, continuing to consider the suggestions. [colour=#663399]"As for a cloak, I could definitely do that. I once studied historical fashion for a quite successful line of ruffled taffeta capes... and while I doubt your brother here would want that sort of thing exactly, in the process I believe I learned quite a bit about capes and cloaks. It would be no trouble." [/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Nor would styling his feathers, of course,"[/colour] she added with a final nod. [colour=#663399]"I can do it all!"[/colour]

"What got you into fashion anyway?"

Razor's question made Rarity smile slightly. She knew from experience that for the not so fashion minded, the idea of pursuing such a career was not a very welcoming one. It must be baffling to some why exactly she elected to be a fashionista, while to her it was just second nature. She gave a polite nod to the griffon and then a small laugh.

[colour=#663399]"Well... much like your sister, I think I'd say a lot of it traces back to the parents... except not quite the same way in my case,"[/colour] Rarity said with slight embarrassment. [colour=#663399]"You see... my parents, wonderful as they are, are quite far from the most fashionable of ponies. As a very young foal, I suppose I was all too conscious of that, and just felt I wanted something different. The young me dreamed about being swept off my feet by some handsome prince to Canterlot to live a life of class and luxury, and I think it was in how deeply I regarded that ideal that I began to get interested in popular fashion like that seen in Canterlot..."[/colour]

Rarity shook her head and gave another laugh. [colour=#663399]"Of course, I had no confidence at it at all at first. It wasn't until the day I finally got my cutie mark that I was first happy with something I made. After that, I found my confidence and recognizing it ponies all around started to encourage me. Eventually, with lots of work, that brought me here,"[/colour] the mare concluded, sighing softly as she reminisced.

[colour=#663399]"You don't say?" [/colour]Rarity started, somewhat surprised to hear this. [colour=#663399]"Would I know her from any of the big fashion magazines? Well... perhaps not if she's mostly known in Aquelia. All the same, a big part of this job is keeping one eye toward one's peers at any given time."[/colour]

The mare gave a stiff nod as she considered it.[colour=#663399] "Actually, I have to say I am most curious. I don't know very much at all when it comes to Aquelian fashion. It could prove rewarding to investigate!"[/colour]

Glimmer thought for a moment, "Hmmmmm. Well her name is Glemmer. She might have been in Aquilla Fashion Monthly once or twice, but I don't know about Equestria fashion magazines.

Rarity shook at the thought. There was little worse for an artist than to have her art needlessly destroyed. She could definitely sympathize with the mother of these two. It brought to her mind vivid memories of Sweetie getting out of hoof. She'd definitely have to keep it in mind and make sure she did her best to please this customer. She didn't want any temperamental griffons wrecking her wares. Hopefully the sister would help her rein him in and not goad him too hard. She was going to put her faith in her customers for now; hopefully it didn't prove to be a mistake.

"Don't worry Miss Rarity. Razor only gets like that after a lot of stress. So long as he doesn't feel confined he will be fine." Glimmer said with a smile.

Rarity nodded at all the suggestions from the younger griffon. Glimmer had a real knack for fashion given her age. Rarity liked what she was hearing at least. She offered a smile in return.

[colour=#663399]"Excellent suggestions, darling," she said with a nod. "I have fabric in all sorts of colours, and if I don't have it I know where to get it."[/colour] The mare moved aside to her fabric store then and rolled out a long roll of bluish-gray fabric that matched the male griffon's feathers in colour almost perfectly. [colour=#663399]"Does this look about right?"[/colour] She rolled out a second fabric then, this one a similar colour but rather than matching his feathers exactly was a few tones darker in colour. [colour=#663399]"Or perhaps it should be a little darker for flair?"[/colour]

[colour=#663399]"A coat with room for the wings is no trouble; I've done many such pieces for more fashionable pegasus stallions," [/colour]Rarity started, continuing to consider the suggestions. [colour=#663399]"As for a cloak, I could definitely do that. I once studied historical fashion for a quite successful line of ruffled taffeta capes... and while I doubt your brother here would want that sort of thing exactly, in the process I believe I learned quite a bit about capes and cloaks. It would be no trouble." [/colour]

[colour=#663399]"Nor would styling his feathers, of course,"[/colour] she added with a final nod. [colour=#663399]"I can do it all!"[/colour]

Glimmer felt such joy. Miss Rarity said her suggestions were good!!! She felt ready to die of joy. She was worried her suggestions wouldn't have been good for the famous fashionista. Maybe she did have a skill for this.

She looked at the cloth that was shown and nodded, "It will do. It mixes enough but has the right contrast to not blend in too well. A good ensemble isn't worth if it can't be made out on the wearer." She nodded again.

Razor just rolled his eyes. He was already feeling antsy just standing about. Then Glimmer got behind him and pushed him towards some mirrors.

"Hey Glimmer what is it?" He asked as he was pushed to stand infront of the mirrors.

"We need to be able to see how everything fits on you from all sides. The mirrors will help in that, so just stand still. Just pretend your talking to a girl you like." GLimmer said with a giggle.

"Hey!" Razor snapped with a growl.

"Sorry Razor." She said, giving her brother a hug and nuzzle. But she giggled again, casing Razor to roll his eyes with a sigh.

"Alright. cloth. Coat and cloak. Now we need to pick a design for his feathers. Its got to speak Razor." She rubbed her beak, trying to decide on a design.

Razor's question made Rarity smile slightly. She knew from experience that for the not so fashion minded, the idea of pursuing such a career was not a very welcoming one. It must be baffling to some why exactly she elected to be a fashionista, while to her it was just second nature. She gave a polite nod to the griffon and then a small laugh.

[colour=#663399]"Well... much like your sister, I think I'd say a lot of it traces back to the parents... except not quite the same way in my case,"[/colour] Rarity said with slight embarrassment. [colour=#663399]"You see... my parents, wonderful as they are, are quite far from the most fashionable of ponies. As a very young foal, I suppose I was all too conscious of that, and just felt I wanted something different. The young me dreamed about being swept off my feet by some handsome prince to Canterlot to live a life of class and luxury, and I think it was in how deeply I regarded that ideal that I began to get interested in popular fashion like that seen in Canterlot..."[/colour]

Rarity shook her head and gave another laugh. [colour=#663399]"Of course, I had no confidence at it at all at first. It wasn't until the day I finally got my cutie mark that I was first happy with something I made. After that, I found my confidence and recognizing it ponies all around started to encourage me. Eventually, with lots of work, that brought me here,"[/colour] the mare concluded, sighing softly as she reminisced.

Razor rolled his eyes, "A prince huh? Lot of fairy tale nonsense. That's not really reality."

Glimmer growled and whacked her brothers head.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asked, rubbing his head.

Glimmer pointed a claw at Razor, "Don't you laugh at Miss Rarity's dream. Its romantic and anything can happen. She is a famous and lovely mare and you don't have the right to say what can or can't happen. Is that clear mister!" Glimmer went hard on her brother. Who backed away in fear of his sister till he was pressed against a mirror.

"Yeah...yeah....I get it....sorry." He said, nodding. He hated when Glimmer got mad. Cause like their mum....she was scarey when she was.

Glimmer smiled and hugged her brother, the change in attitude both sudden and apparent as she was back to her cute and lovey self, "Good. I have a similar dream. I would love to have a prince sweep me off my claws one day. But I think Daddy or my brothers would eat them first." She giggled and started walking around Razor as she thought.

"Heh....that is true." He said, then looked to Rarity.

"Eh..sorry again. Nice dream I guess." He rubbed the back of his head, "I think its very good that someone dedicates themselves fully to what they love. Passion for something that makes your life worth wild is something I relate to."

He hoped he could remove any odd feelings after his previous statement.

"So...you like the high life of the nobility?" He asked, "I never really cared much for some of the upper class ponies in Canterlot. Though that's probably because we griffons judge by deed and not birth parents. A noble in our society is just as likely to be left behind for the predators if he or she proves themselves a nuisance or a shame to the griffon race. It doesn't happen as much now a days but there is always the chance of being disowned by your family and cast out of the society if you dishonor your family or the species for foolish behavior."

• 3 weeks later...

"Hmmmmm. Well her name is Glemmer. She might have been in Aquilla Fashion Monthly once or twice, but I don't know about Equestria fashion magazines."

Rarity nodded. She wasn't familiar with the name, but she'd remember it and try and research it later. This young griffoness had very keen tastes when it came to fashion, so she could only assume they were well honed. She wasn't sure where she would be able find issues of Aquelian Fashion Monthly in Equestria, but curiosity would have her look into it if she could.

"Don't worry Miss Rarity. Razor only gets like that after a lot of stress. So long as he doesn't feel confined he will be fine."

Rarity gave a small laugh at the young griffon's perceptive comment. She could see her worry, she supposed. She smiled and gave a small nod.

[colour=#663399]"Excellent. We'll just have to make sure we give him his space then, won't we?"[/colour] she said.

"It will do. It mixes enough but has the right contrast to not blend in too well. A good ensemble isn't worth if it can't be made out on the wearer."

"Hey Glimmer what is it?"

"We need to be able to see how everything fits on you from all sides. The mirrors will help in that, so just stand still. Just pretend your talking to a girl you like."

"Hey!"

"Sorry Razor."

Rarity watched the siblings antics and continued to smile. She could tell these two really had a certain closeness even as they clashed with each other.

[colour=#663399]"Oh? So you want us to use him as a live model? That certainly does sound like it could be amusing,"[/colour] she said chuckling again.[colour=#663399] "Provided of course we don't make him too stressed or confined, of course."[/colour]

It was a novel idea to try and design the ensemble right onto the one it was being designed for. Rarity hadn't worked like that extensively before, but the idea did appeal to her and with these two it sounded like it could be a lot of fun. She was at the very least willing to give it a shot.

"Alright. cloth. Coat and cloak. Now we need to pick a design for his feathers. Its got to speak Razor."

"Hmm," Rarity started at this point. "Well, I don't know. He might look quite dashing with them slicked straight back. Although... pressing them downward might be good too."

Rarity thought on it for a moment and tried to picture a number of different looks. "I'm not quite sure. Perhaps we'll find inspirations in the ensemble."

"A prince huh? Lot of fairy tale nonsense. That's not really reality. Ouch! What was that for?"

"Don't you laugh at Miss Rarity's dream. Its romantic and anything can happen. She is a famous and lovely mare and you don't have the right to say what can or can't happen. Is that clear mister!"

"Yeah... yeah....I get it....sorry."

"Good. I have a similar dream. I would love to have a prince sweep me off my claws one day. But I think Daddy or my brothers would eat them first."

"Heh....that is true."

"Eh..sorry again. Nice dream I guess. I think its very good that someone dedicates themselves fully to what they love. Passion for something that makes your life worth wild is something I relate to."

Rarity smirked at this exchange. Both griffons seemed to overlook an imperative phrase in what she had said, that it was the young her that had dreamed of such things. She had since been very much cured of her fixation on handsome princes in perhaps the worst of possible ways. The gala would ever be singed across her memory and with it the knowledge she had gained that princes weren't what they were in storybooks and that there were things one could find that were much more rewarding. She nodded at the young griffon.

[colour=#663399]"I've since given up on dreams of princes. I don't want to say your brother is right, since it's hardly nonsense to dream, but there definitely is a difference between reality and what you'll find in fairy tales. All it took was a single evening and any dreams of princes for me shattered like a particularly fragile glass slipper,"[/colour] Rarity started in a steady voice. [colour=#663399]"it's fine to dream of your prince. Dreams are just fine... but it's never prudent to cling to them excessively."[/colour]

"So...you like the high life of the nobility? I never really cared much for some of the upper class ponies in Canterlot. Though that's probably because we griffons judge by deed and not birth parents. A noble in our society is just as likely to be left behind for the predators if he or she proves themselves a nuisance or a shame to the griffon race. It doesn't happen as much now a days but there is always the chance of being disowned by your family and cast out of the society if you dishonor your family or the species for foolish behavior."

At these comments, Rarity laughed.

[colour=#663399]"Is that how it works with you griffons? How fascinating,"[/colour] she said with a nod. [colour=#663399]"Though I won't deny I have a fondness for the sophistication and class associated with Canterlot's elite, I rather agree with the underlying sentiment you speak of. Birthright is certainly no substitute for ingenuity and enterprise. I am a businessmare after all; everything you see here at Carousel is here because I made it so; nothing was given to me, and any favour I've curried with the elite was done through effort, ability and of course a little help from my friends."[/colour]

Razor felt like a doll with everything he was hearing now. He really hoped they didn't make his feathers look stupid. He got enough ponies or griffons laughing at him for his size.

At these comments, Rarity laughed.

[colour=#663399]"Is that how it works with you griffons? How fascinating,"[/colour] she said with a nod. [colour=#663399]"Though I won't deny I have a fondness for the sophistication and class associated with Canterlot's elite, I rather agree with the underlying sentiment you speak of. Birthright is certainly no substitute for ingenuity and enterprise. I am a businessmare after all; everything you see here at Carousel is here because I made it so; nothing was given to me, and any favour I've curried with the elite was done through effort, ability and of course a little help from my friends."[/colour]

Razor nodded, "You've done well for yourself....uh....by the way....you don't plan to do....anything really crazy with my feathers do you?"

Glimmer tapped her beak, "Hmm...oh I wonder if we could dye them," She giggled, "Wouldn't he look cute with purple feathers Miss Rarity?"

Razor felt an eye twitch, and Glimmer laughed. He growled and bonked her on the head with his tail.

"Hey." Glimmer retaliated with her own tail bonk.

Razor smirked and chuckled but then he went serious again, "But seriously....try it...and I eat one of you."

Glimmer rolled her eyes, "Right. Still we really need a good design. I guess at the worse we can just style them till we find something good."

"Okay then. We got an idea of what we need. Its time to start making sketches...right?" She asked, looking to Rarity for advice. She wanted to be sure she was going in the right direction. Did you make sketches first, or later.

"And what do I do?" Razor asked.

"Just stand there for now." Glimmer said, turning back to Rarity.

"So should we make the coat first?" She asked.