Mrs. Glemmer (Ready)

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]Roleplay Type: Equestria Mane

Name: Glemmer, Mrs. Glemmer to anyone she doesn't know.

Sex: Female

Species: griffon[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]Eye colour: Purple[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]Physique: Slender, but strong,

Coat colour: Ordinary lion cat half, eagle bird half. But her feathers are blue-grey

Hair/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Has a claw ring on her left claw, a wedding gift from her husband.

Origin: Rockwington

Occupation: Fashionista, caring and nurturing mother. Part time match maker.

Motivation: To see her business flourish, who children cared for and happy, and to finally find that one special mate for her son Razor*by any means necessary*

Dislikes: Yucky stuff, ponies or griffons that are mean to her children, threats to her family. Those that ruin her designs.

Character Summary: Glemmer is the mother of four children, three of which are now full grown. She has a business among the fashion world of Aquilla, and even sometimes in Equestria. Glemmer Fashions is her life, and her business has flourished immensely in the recent years which makes her very happy, though also very upset as she can't spend as much time I she wishes she could with her young daughter. [/colour][/colour]

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]If there is one thing she loves more than fashion is her children, and kids in general. She is the very loving nurturing kind of mother, who even after most of her kids are grown and getting lives of their own is still there to offer them comfort, or just to make sure they are okay as she can be a bit.....over bearing or protective.

She is also a romantic and simply adores romance and love. She has a library of romance novels and even does a small bit of match making. From her own children to ponies or griffons she thinks make a perfect match, she will strive to see they are together. Though outside of her family she is not a nosey or insistent in this department, for those outside her family she mostly gives advice or tries to push them, sometimes literally, in the right direction towards love.[/colour][/colour]

When dealing with anyone outside of her family, she comes off as sweet and caring. Motherly to a fault almost, and always with a smile and willing claw to help. Of course, that’s only if she doesn’t think you are a threat to her family or her childrens happiness. Whatever powers that be have mercy on any that would insight the wrath of Mrs. Glemmer. One she is a griffon, and they can be protective of those they care for. Two, she is a mother and an angry mother would make a grown dragon cry. Combine those two and you have something out of Tartarus when she is angry, though she can immediately change from angry to happy in the blink of an eye. She never stays mad for long, as she worries it might give her gray feathers.

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]Brief History: She was born to a middle class family, and had taken to fashion like a fish to water. It had all started when she saw a fashion show down in Canterlot while on vacation with her family. Seeing the beautiful dresses and silks had sparked her artistic side and since then she has designed fashion for any that wished to wear artistic piece of beauty.

She met her husband while at Talonopolis and the two, though completely opposite in personality. She being soft and caring, while her husband was hard and at times cold, the two just beyond anyones understanding fell in love. When they became got married she claimed it as the happiest day of her life.

Additional Information: She is a total gossip freak, and can't help herself in hearing the latest gossip or telling the latest gossip. She never tries to do anything malicious with this, its just that gossip can be so interesting at times but if she were to cause someone discomfort or harm by simply talking gossip she would see that the damage is fixed. She hates seeing people unhappy. She also has her own kind of Stare. It doesn't work on animals, but on family members that need a little persuading or reminding of what is important. Family.[/colour][/colour]

This app is shaping up to be something great. However, I do have a couple of suggestions:

• Please include an actual physical description that doesn't rely on references to other characters. Nobody should have to dig through your other OC apps to figure out how Glemmer looks like.
  • Your character's history is non-existant, meaning we have absolutely no insight as to how your OC decided on the life she followed and all that. I strongly suggest that you convert your app sheet to our current version to enable you to write a more engaging OC app.
  • There's also not enough info about how your OC interacts with people outside her family. Feel free to refer to the link I posted above for ideas on how to expand your character summary.

I hope my critique will prove useful to you. :)

Hey there Shadow! While I am not an RPH I would like to point out a few small things that I noticed that aren't really important just minor nit-picky things, ^^

To start, there is an option on the full editor for the tags that will let you put the Griffon tag at the front of your topic so that you don't have to include the (griffon) in it!

Also I see you have a field for nicknames but nothing in it? Nicknames aren't a needed thing in the app and can typically be left out, however if you want to leave it in that is also fine =) Just wanted to point that out before it got skipped over.

And lastly the additional information section is really confusing in its wording and what you intend it to mean or be standing for. I see that you mention Razor in your post and I see he is also a character that you own. You should try to have the character be described by themselves not by having to use references of other characters. If you find that hard to do then ask yourself questions as if they were asking the character and had never seen either before.

Like instead of saying (AS AN EXAMPLE) "Her wings look like Razor's" maybe say "Her wings share the elegance and grace of her pridemate and guardian Razor, but a lot unlike his her wings [insert detail here.]" Now remember, I'm not an RPH, so I might even still be wrong on that, but I do know that it reads a lot nicer if you try to make her an individual instead of using Razor as a reference point.

Hope this helped!

(sandcatsareawesome)

Hmmm I think it might be just you there, my enter button seems to be working perfectly fine.

Perhaps try a different keyboard if you have one? I honestly don't know what might be the problem there.

Sorry for not being much help =(

Ah, the edits look good! All that's left to be done now is to put all history-related info in its own field and to remove all references to the word "life-mate". Since we have no lore that states that's a term specifically used by griffons, we ask that you stick to "spouse" and other standard terms on that line. ^_^

PS: Due to recent forum changes, please also feel free to use the full editor and click on "add tag" to get the list of topic prefixes featuring available species.

Success! I have learned the tab thing :) Still no luck with enter though -_- might restart my computer. Also, sorry for the life mate thing. Just always figured griffons would just call their spouses that and do that whole mate for life thing. Still that was my thought. Took that out.

Please note, when you make changes to an app its quite helpful for you to make a comment on the app so that the RPH working on the app is notified that you have made the changes they asked for. Otherwise you'll both just be sitting here waiting for the other. ^^

I was letting him know for future reference :/

It's always helpful to have a little notification from the appr. I know you are a good rph you silly :)