A change of pace (SilverSwirl!)

Lilia

Cosmo paced her office for what seemed like the hundredth time, muttering under her breath about how slow her day had been progressing. Around her neck she bore a shimmery blue scarf, one she found had contrasted well against her pink pelt and set off the same bright blue in her eyes. She sighed softly, using her magic to lift her latest edition of the Fashionista before her. While the work was to her extremely high standard, this next issue was...well, it was falling apart. She had no letters to the editor page compiled at the time, her model mares were in a huff about not being able to use the up-and-coming designer's designs for the summer apparel for another week, her assistant had left on maternity leave and she was left alone. It was a soft tap at her door that drew her attention away from her inner thoughts, the gleam in her eyes hopeful.

She sighed when she noticed that there was only her delivery colt, her latest order hovering between them.

"[colour=#DE3163]Thank you as always...I do greatly appreciate your dedication to your profession.[/colour]" She said, the gratitude genuine but not reflected in her voice. It was difficult to put the oomph into her words when all she wanted to do was cry.

Silverbolt had been tasked with this delivery, and it had been uneventful, if a little boring. "Well, I'm here. Time to knock and nose the package into position...", he whispered to himself as he put the package onto the doorstep. Checking the name and address one last time, he grinned and softly tapped on the door with his hoof.

"Another smiling face, another satisfied recipient of a package... On time, no damage... Huh?", he thought to himself as Cosmo answered the door, sighing. His grin faded a bit, wings fluttering nervously. He nosed the package over the threshold, nodding at her thanks. He could tell that something was bothering her and he wanted to be sure it wasn't his performance that was the problem. "Is everything in order with the package? Or is it something else that is bothering you, miss?", he asked her, concerned.

Cosmo blinked in surprise at the concern in the stallion's voice, a mental kick causing her to realize she hadn't reflected her genuine emotion with her words.

"[colour=#de3163]Oh, everything is fine with the package! It's...It's more along the lines of the job here getting to me. Models in a huff, nothing ready...deadline is in two weeks and there is absolutely no work to show for all the effort this month has been given...and my dear assistant just took her leave so she could have her little one...[/colour]" She said softly, a dam breaking inside her as she let out the stress she had been holding at bay finally find a voice. It took the mare a moment to realize what she had said and she gasped.

"[colour=#de3163]I'm sorry! I didn't mean to put all that on your shoulders, dear! I just...haven't had anypony's ear to talk to in a while...[/colour]" She apologized, blushing a deep red against her pink shade.

He listened, his eyes wide in surprise and shock. "Oh my goodness!", he thought to himself as she poured out her troubles to him. He grinned though, giving her a comforting hug. "It's fine, I understand. I get bad routes sometimes and it can be quite trying for me. Things happen, bad luck will give way to good things soon. Just gotta push past this and I think you'll do fine.", he replied to her, trying his best to reassure her.

• 1 month later...

Cosmo smiled at the reassurances of the stallion, delight in her voice when she spoke next.

"[colour=#DE3163]I hope so. This magazine...this work, it's my life. I hate the time before deadlines...too much stress, not enough anything else.[/colour]" She laughed, biting her lip before proceeding. "[colour=#DE3163]Perhaps, as a change, you would accompany me to dinner tonight?[/colour]" She asked, pushing through the hesitation to bring her question forth.

• 4 weeks later...

He stiffened at that, a little nervous about going out to dinner with Cosmo. He really never had done this sort of thing before and although it excited him, he was also afraid of blowing it. He managed a soft chuckle and smiled back faintly at the mare, fluttering his wings nervously. "Um, sure. If it will make you feel more relaxed, I'll gladly have a dinner with you.", he managed to say cheerfully and politely. "When would you like me to return? I'm probably going to stick around since I'm technically off duty now. You were the last drop off on my list.", he added in a matter of fact tone. He could wait wherever he wanted, maybe a cloud somewhere nearby for her to finish up.

*Due to decisions to restructure the forum and trim unneeded sections, the Private RP Forum will soon be removed. As such, recently active RP threads in this section have been moved to the sections in the WoE we deemed to be the best fit for them. If you would prefer your thread be moved to another section in WoE, or to a Free RP section, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to move it as you desire.*

~Canterlot.com staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Cosmo smiled, his acceptance a huge relief off her mind. She stepped into the hall beside the handsome pegasus and pulled the door behind her with her magic.

"I should be finished in a few moments. I can meet you in the lobby, if you'd like?" She asked, awaiting his answer. She had to let her employees know that they had the rest of the day off. Why would she make them suffer if she herself was leaving early? It was unfair to ask of them.

"I'm Cosmopolitain, by the way...everyone here calls me Cosmo though." She added, the sudden realization that he didn't know her name making her flush with embarassment.