[SHOP] The Jingling Satchel Repair Shop [OPEN]

Chonico

Wind Mist pulled the coffee slightly closer to her muzzle, and then pulled her veil up with one hoof. With the other hoof, she took the cup to her mouth and sipped in silently, appreciating the soft texture and the amazing flavour. She actually didn't leave the counter, feeling so relaxed that she completely forgot to pick the cup and move around. She was glad he could fix her tureen, and even more for him being so nice. Having somepony to take care of her was always great, specially somepony that she had just met but would help her.

She then caught sight of the zebra that had arrived before her. "So Miss... Zecora?", she asked shily in her tender voice, "I can see you like artifacts as well. And pardon me, but you have an amazing scent. It makes me drift to distant lands...", she said, half-closing her eyes and smiling widely.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2a5m6f8.png

Zecora glanced over her shoulder at the sound of her name toward the two pegasi that had entered, her hair bristling a bit as she was reminded of the way she'd been treated. She shook it off just as quickly, the past was past, nothing good came of dwelling. She set down her pencil as she finished the form and turned toward Wind Mist.

"I couldn't help but admire the piece you brought," Zecora leaned against the counter, smiling at the softspoken mare. "I'd love to hear of the others you've sought. Most of my pieces are from my homeland, the collection itself isn't terribly grand."

The zebra cast a quick glance at the musician stallion who conspicuously avoided her. She made a mental note to find an opportunity to say hello and introduce herself, and hopefully change whatever judgement he'd made about her.

"And I do not think it's truly me you smell," Zecora chuckled. "But one of the many herbs I sell. I've spent the day at market with my cart, I consider my potions and tonics an art."

The shop was beginning to fill with the chatter of the customers as some of them began to converse amongst themselves. Klondike however was completely unaware of this as his thoughts were still strongly focused on his work to fix the tureen. This unfortunately also meant that he was unaware of the twin ponies that had also entered the shop, his twitching right ear having been the only part of him that caught the noise of the bells. Perhaps the twin ponies would have to take a more direct approach or simply wait for his right ear to twitch him out of his thoughts.

The tureen now sat on the wooden board and with a content look across his muzzle, Klondike quickly disappeared beneath his work bench only to resurface a second later with some sort of straps clamped around his two front hooves. Carefully picking up one of the pieces of the broken dish he had brought from upstairs, he gingerly locked it in place with some precision tweezers that lay on his workbench, and then reached over to the wall to pull one of the files that hung on it. Content with a small delicate looking file, he took it and attached it to one of the clamps on his hoof and then attached a magnifying glass to the clamp on the other hoof. With a focused stare and his tongue sticking out in concentration, he began to file the small piece to fit the missing chip on the tureen.

It didn’t take him long to file the piece to fit properly and once he was finished and his tools back in their place, he took the replacement chip and placed it gingerly in its place on the tureen. Disappearing once more under his workbench, he emerged again with a bottle of glue specific for repairs and began to apply it to the broken edges of the tureen. Content that he had covered the edges properly, he pushed the pieces together and began to crisscross the twine that was attached to the screws around it. Once that was done, he picked up the screwdriver again and began to tighten the screws further into the wood. As he did, the twine pulled tight on the sides of the tureen and pulled the two broken pieces of the tureen so tight together, the crack the showed were the tureen had broken into two pieces visibly seemed to disappear. The tureen looked like it was one whole piece again.

“Well my friend, you should be back to your old self in about an hour once that glue sets in. Don’t be causing your Pegasus owner any more grief, okay?” Klondike addressed the tureen with a smile on his face as he looked it over one more time before moving on to the next issue at hoof.

“I take it you don’t always look like this, huh?” Klondike addressed the tuba on the floor before picking up the wooden box it rested in and moving it up onto the counter. Then, gingerly taking out of the box, he began to examine it as a focused expression formed across his muzzle. “Hmm, a few dents and the neck to the mouth piece is bent out. The dents I can bang out but the neck of the mouth piece I might have to remake… Hmm, lucky for you I still have some brass sheets in the back.” He pulled the neck piece off the tuba and placed on the counter as he began to examine it.

Klondike’s right ear was still twitching as he laid his head on the counter and stared at the twisted mouth piece. As if on cue, his eyes slowly hovered over towards Major G and finally came to stop as his started at him and his glazed focused look began to lift.

“Ah, Major G, just the pony I was looking for.” He gave the green pony another salute as he kept his head laid on top of the counter. “You’ll be happy to know I will be able to fix your tuba and it will only cost you 35 bits.” He gave the pony a toothy smile as his gaze shifted towards the tuba next to him, analyzing it, and then back to the green pony. As absent minded as Klondike was, occupying his thoughts and pouring all his focus into his work always had its interesting side-effects.

"Hmm, I'm guessing you fell from your balcony or down the stairs, didn't you?" A small smirk formed on his muzzle as he continued to look at Major G. "I can tell you take good care of it just like I can tell that Miss Zacora takes good care of her cart, considering the route she takes, and how Miss Wind Mist cares for her antiques judging by how well cared for that antique is." His eyes shifted to each of his customers as he talked to Major G, finally coming back to rest on him again, right ear twitching, as he finally lifted his head from the counter.

"So, didn't hurt yourself too much, did you?"

The twins occasionally looked at each other as they watched the shop owner put an ancient looking piece of pottery back together. Even when he was done setting the piece, he gave no indication he was even aware of them yet.

They watched as he put his atention on the tuba and it's owner. Hoss nodded toward the owner "Well at least we know he can work with brass." Shanna twitched her ears "Yes. Well, go see how long our wait will be. Meanwhile, I'll go meet the zebress. I havent' talked to one in years."

Hoss nodded and clopped up near the shop owner, but keeping out of the way as he waited for the tuba owner to reply before giving a nickering "Ahem."

Shanna took the moment to clop over to the veiled mare and the gold adorned zebra mare. "Good morning, I'm Shanna Skybright. Have you mares been waiting long?" She nodded apologetially to Zecora "I would greet you properly in your tongue but I've not met a zebra since I was a foal and I'm afraid I would mangle it too badly now."

Sipping his delightful coffee, 'G.' Major watched the stallion go about his shop. He didn't pay much attention to him, however. He was more interested in the coffee. Or, so it seemed. However, when the stallion picked up his Tuba, he carefully watched every move he made, ere he drop his already damaged 'baby'.

"It's 'G.' Major. . ." he quietly corrected the Stallion when he got his name wrong. He hated when people did that, and that was quite often. He wasn't in any militaristic organization, nor had he ever thought about joining one! He, again, rolled his eyes at the salute.

"35 bits. . ? That. . . that should be f-fine." he said to the Stallion shyly. "Stairs. . . Almost broke m-my glasses." he told him when inquired, and, as if to emphasize his point, pushed his glasses up on his face, back to where they should be. They had started to fall off.

'G.' Major was becoming slightly annoyed with this stallion's antics he had delved deep into thought when he was bombarded with another question. This time, his response was a shake of the head.

Klondike simply smiled at the pony that had brought in the tuba, his right ear suddenly twitching frantically as a new customer approached and tried to get his attention. The sound of the bay colored Pegasus clearing his throat was unfortunately only heard by his twitching right ear which, for the most part, seemed to not be connected to the rest him as he shifted his gaze from the green earth pony to the twisted piece of the tuba that lay in front of him. Looking at the piece, he leisurely brought up his hoof to it and proceeded to bend it back into its original form.

“Well, glad you survived your tumble. I could have fixed your glasses too, but I doubt you want duct tape on the frame.” Klondike leisurely spoke as he bent the piece of brass further into the shape it once had. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done and even though he managed to bend it back to its original shape, the warping from the damaging fall had left it looking slightly crinkled and warped. “Hmm, guess that answers that. Was just too “bent” out of shape to get it back in shape… Maybe less cupcakes.” He chuckled a bit at his joke and proceeded to blindly fling the piece behind him into a wooden box marked “Scraps” that was near the wall.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make you a new one in a bit as soon as I… Oh! Hello!” His twitching right ear finally went limp as Klondike finally noticed the bay colored Pegasus that had tried to get his attention a few moments ago. “You’re a new face. Sorry, hope you haven’t been waiting long. Let me get you a form so that you can fill it out and I’ll be with you in a minute.” With a smile, Klondike’s head disappeared beneath the counter as he looked for more forms.

“Hmm, I seem to be out. I honestly wasn’t expecting so many customers on my first day of business.” He called out from beneath the counter as he continued looking. “Let me run up stairs and fetch you one.” He called out again right before emerging from beneath the counter and trotting around the wall and up the stairs to fetch more forms.

A minute or two passed and he returned holding a pad of forms in his muzzle and walked over to the bay colored Pegasus. Oddly enough though, it wasn’t the original Pegasus he spoke to, but the twin that was conversing with Zacora and Wind Mist. Setting it down beneath the counter, he tore off a form and passed it to the Pegasus. “Here you go Sir! I’ll get you a… OH! I’m so sorry, I could have sworn you looked like a stallion.” Klondike’s muzzle blushed a bit from the embarrassing mix up. “Don’t know how such a travesty occurred though, like your two friends here, you are all quite the cuties!" Klondike addressed the three mares gathered next to the counter as he winked at them and smiled at the bay colored pegasus. "Let me get you a pencil to write with.”

With that comment, he immediately disappeared beneath the counter again as he searched for a pencil and immediately spotted the box of pencils on the opposite end of the counter, where the wooden box with the tuba was. Not bothering to raise his head from beneath the counter, he immediately trotted towards the other end of the counter and took out a pencil from the box. Bringing his head back up, he placed the pencil on top of the counter as he began to address the original Pegasus he had spoken to.

“Ah, there you are. Here’s the pencil Miss, please wri…” He paused as he looked at the bay colored Pegasus, raising an eyebrow slightly as his confusion set in. “I’m sorry… sir, I… thought you were a mare.” He paused for a second as his gaze suddenly found the pencil on the counter rather interesting, another blush forming on his muzzle right before he brought up his gaze to the Pegasus again. “Excuse me for that… umm… earlier comment. I mean, not that you aren't a fetching pony too. Just... umm... oh ponyfeathers.” He nervously tapped his hoof on the counter as he smiled a tad weakly at the Pegasus.

“Hey, where’s that form I just gave you?” Klondike suddenly asked as he desperately tried to change the subject.

(ooc; oops, a PM slipped by me, giving me permission to do a quick in-between post... here we goooo...)

Hoss smiled and rubbed his forehooves together as he finally got the shop owner attention. He nodded as the pony said he would be back in a moment and waited for him to return.

Hoss blinked as the stallion trotted up to his sister who looked at Klondike, then at him with a blush and a perplexed smirk as she was hoofed the form and a number of compliments.

Oh it was so rare for this mix-up to happen, it was comedy gold! He wondered how long this would go on.

They watched as the strange stallion went behind the counter and came up on his end with pencils, then tried not to collapse in laughter as Klondike was flustered all over again.

Hoss was turning blue in the face trying not to laugh as he pointed at Shanna. "Um, she h-has the form..."

He turned partway so Klondike could see his flank was a mirror of hers. "T-twins..."

Klondike simply looked at the stallion and then looked over at the twin mare near Zacora and Wind Mist. He kept looking back and forth between the twins as his expression was slowly changed from one of confusion to one of surprise. He suddenly began to laugh as he kept looking at Shanna.

“Hahaha, well that just ain’t fair!” He turned his attention over to Hoss as he leisurely walked out to the foyer from behind the counter and took a minute to look Hoss over as he had done to Zacora. He then walked over to Shanna and did the same and simply exclaimed, “Ha, I knew it! My eyesight is still as good as new!” as he once again made his way back towards the other side of the counter and stopped in front of Hoss. He reached over the counter and placed one of his hoofs on Hoss’ withers.

“What ya know, you ARE twins!” He announced with a smile before quickly leaning in towards Hoss. Now that his confidence in being able to tell them apart was set, he was ready to get back to business as usual.

“No offence but she got the better portion of the looks in your family.” He announced just loud enough for Shanna to hear. He felt a little light hearted pay back was due.

“So, which of you would like to fill out the form, hmm? Whatever you need fixing, please place it in this here wooden box.” He informed Hoss as he disappeared beneath the counter once again and sprang back up with a wooden box in his mouth before placing it on the counter.

2a5m6f8.png

"The sentiment is very kind," Zecora smiled, greeting the pegasus with a small nod, not unlike a bow. "And the butchering I would not mind. With all its foibles of pronounciation, my native tongue creats much obfuscation." Zecora finished with a wink. She glanced over toward the pegasus Shanna had entered with, a perfect mirror image of her. Well, aside from the fact that he was a stallion. Zecora glanced back and forth between the two of them for a moment, before recalling what had intially caught her attention about the two of them.

"Did I overhear my name before?" Zecora cocked her head to the side, turning back to Shanna. "I could have sworn I'd heard it as you walked through the door. But I've never seen you around this town. Could it have been another place my memory's pushed down?" Granted, it was nothing unusual for ponies to know about Zecora without her knowing about them in this part of the world. Zebras were few and far between, and she had yet to meet any others. That didn't mean it would ever stop unsettling her a bit, after a lifetime of obscurity and contributing to the good of the herd in her homeland. Zebras did, after all, tend to blend into one another when they got together.

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: since the OP prodded us I might as well answer with Shanna alone this time since Chonico wanted some replys to be occuring between the customers as a seperate bunch)

Shanna smiled at Zecora and cleared her throat "Okay here goes; << Bright the Morning! Bright the day! May fortune light your way! >>

She blushed "I hope I remembered it correctly, Um, Miss Zecora, was it?"

At the zebra's questions, she replied "Well, we sometimes have work to do in Ponyville, and we heard about how you cured six of the residents of the effects of a hazardous plant. We have not met you until now."

She earperks at a thought "If you sell some of those Super Naturals, our mother will be certain to pay you a visit. She loved some of the herbal remedies she got from the Zebras on our last family trip to your lands."

• 2 weeks later...

Hoss looked at Klondike "I'll fill it out, but the item is bigger than that box..."

After quickly writing out the info, he nudged his sister, and they both trotted out, returning a moment later with the object that had been under the tarp.

Setting it by the counter, they looked at the repair pony. "We had made our observations from a small peak near the Everfree forest and were attacked by a hydra. We got away safely, but our telescope..."

Shanna helpfully pointed at the damage "The telescope is 10' long and is three tubes that slide in on each other for travel in a protective case. The middle tube has been badly dented so that neither tube can slide in the other. We have removed the lens housings so you dont' have to worry about them. We are aware the artificer in Canterlot that usualy handles telescopes is off on Holiday so we decided to stop in the nearst town to the accident and see if anypony could help."

The gentle mare looked at her amazing art piece together in place, and not shattered like before. Now her nerves were definitely down, and that feeling had been replaced by an extreme joy. A wide smile showed up beneath her veil, even bigger than the ones hse had been making: mainly shy ones. She could almost kiss that stallion right now, for he had saved his collection only in a few minutes. She even caught herself hopping on her spot, giggling in a low tone and half-closing her already small oriental eyes.

"Thank you so much Mr. Klondike! I don't know what would happen to my piece if you hadn't glued it back!", she squeaked, now giving a little flap of wings.

After her excitement wore off, she then looked back at the brown mare twin. She had lost her focus when she saw her pottery repaired, and had only noticed them both right now. She approached the mare that had already greeted her, almost without remembering such, looking at her mane tie and her brother's bead. "I have only seen those in very far away lands. Where did you get them?"

((I've been having serious trouble getting on. Forgive me :())

(OOC: I'll go ahead and have Shanna answer this right away since your presence will be spotty then.)

Shanna wiped a tip of her wing across her brow after bringing the telescope in, then watched the exotic mare in the veil become excited and very happy over the repair of an unusual item of ceramic.

The mare finally seemed to remember she was there and turned to her.

Shanna smiled and turned her head to show off the elegant mane ribbon. "Our mother got them for us during our last trip to Zecora's homeland. Since they were a surprise Cutie Mark gift, we arent' sure if she had gotten them while we were there or someplace on the way back. Do you know a specific area these are from?"

Klondike walked around the counter as Shanna began to explain the issue with the telescope. However, being Klondike, exactly how much of what was being said actually reached him was unclear as he observed the 10’ contraption with a curious yet focused express across his muzzle and his right ear slightly twitching. Just as Shanna was finishing, Klondike began to try and slide the pieces together.

“Wow, with such a bend like this, it’s no wonder it won’t slide into place anymore. Almost like a rock fell on it…” He commented in a matter of fact tone as he looked up at Shanna and Hoss and gave them a questioning look. “So you two are astronomers? Must be a relaxing job.”

And with that, Klondike trotted around behind the counter again and looked at the filled out form. As he read it, he tapped his hoofs on the counter a couple of times and then looked at the telescope and the tuba.

“Mister umm…” He paused for a second as he gave the form a quick glance. “Mr. Hoss! This will only cost you 35 bits for the repair and I should be able to fit you in right after Mr. G. Major…” He then paused for a second as an idea occurred to him. “Actually, I should start my furnace up so that it warms up, and, while I do that I can work on Ms. Zacora’s carriage. Yes, that will work out nicely.”

With a content smile on his face, Klondike turned around and made his way out the back door towards his outside workshop. He left the door propped open and through it, he could be seen fiddling with a contraption that resembled a giant oven that was towards the furthest corner of the outside workspace.

*FWOOSH*

All of the sudden, a bright flash poured in through the door followed by a gust of hot air. Within seconds Klondike rushed inside, grabbed a small makeshift fire extinguisher from underneath the counter and then shot back out the door. He left a slight trail of smoke behind him and no sooner had he gone back out the door that the sound of the fire extinguisher could be heard. A few seconds past and the sound died down.

“HA! I knew I should have checked that pony’s work!”

Klondike walked back into the shop, slightly covered in a white powder while his right ear lay limp on his head, a small trail of smoke was still coming off of its tip. Oddly enough, his expression was still the same as before, and as he placed the fire extinguisher back beneath the counter, he looked at his customers.

“Umm, hmm, I might not be able to get started on the telescope or tuba just yet…” He paused for a second as he brought up his hoof to his chin and tapped it a few times. “Actually, I should probably fix that furnace but…” He gave his customers a somewhat shameful glance.

“Would you ponies be willing to stop by tomorrow again?”

((OOC - Alrighty... So day two will start as soon as everypony has a chance to reply their, well, replies. I have been unable to send a PM to buxy, so I will reiterate my plan here. Basically, the day system I'm trying to implement will allow ponies to drop in and out of the thread. If you have one too many going on at the same time or not enough free time, your OC can stop by to chit-chat a little and "drop-off" their item or items and "return" at a later day to pick them up. Also, this will allow new players to participate in the RP and hopefully keep the RP going. Of course, this does not mean you can only be a customer once, but as long as you can come up with something they need fixing, then Klondike will gladly fix it for them. Repeat business and all that :blah: ))

'G.' Major sat quietly as the stallion chit-chatted with his costumers. When the flash, well, flashed, he was just sipping the last of his coffee. He jumped up, but his hoof slipped on a drop of coffee that must've spilled, and 'G.' ended up with his face meeting the floor. His glasses flew off his face, and landed in the corner. When 'G.' got up, he saw the stallion - who used some evil sorcery to change his coat color - trot in. He rubbed his head, and walked over and picked up his glasses. 'G.' put them back on, and nodded at the idea of coming back. "I-I can do that, n-no problem. S-see you t-tomorrow!" he replied as he walked out the door, and headed home, somewhat dissapointedhe had no tuba.

Hoss chuckles as Shanna speaks to the mares in the room. "Well, it is a relaxing job when dangerous beasties arent after you. We are lucky that damage was a rock kicked onto it and not the hydra's foot. I'd hate to see how the artificer would have reacted to a flattened telescope with scale marks.."

The stallion hmmms and mentally checks the traveling expenses allotment, then nods "35 Bits are fair for this repair. Thank you!"

He watches as Klondike trots out to get the furnace preheating, then double-takes as there is a bright, bright flash of flame.

Shanna trots up beside him, watching wide eyed as Klondike rushes in for a strange cannister, then races back out and fights the fire.

"Ummm, is that a chemical fire or is water okay?" "We can grab a small cloud to help... oh nevermind.." as Klondike comes back in, with the fire put out.

The twins look at each other, then nod "Tomorrow will be fine, Mr. Klondike."

Shanna nudges her brother "I'll be along after I talk to these mares for a moment longer...

2a5m6f8.png

Zecora was about to speak on her suspicions of the pegasus twins' mane ornaments, likely one of two neighboring tribes from the area she'd grown up, when the flash from the back room stunned her into silence. Craning her neck to see into the back of the shop, the zebra let out a soft whoosh of breath after assuring her cart's safety. With a subtle shake of her head she marvelled, again, that Ponyville had thought she was the strange one.

"I'll be happy to stop by tomorrow, sir," Zecora said to Klondike with a polite nod. "Though you can take an extra day or two if you prefer. If anyone else's repairs are more pressing, a small wait for me won't be distressing." Zecora gestured to the other customers in the shop. She really only made use of her cart a few times a month, if that, and some of the other items in for repair seemed to be in much more frequent use.

"If you're as well travelled as your parents seem to be," Zecora turned back to Shanna. "I'd love to hear any stories you'd like to share with me. Though I came to Equestria to travel and learn, my lack of progress there is a slight concern." She added, with a bit of a chuckle at her own expense. "And Miss Mist, your piece there hints at quite a collection, I'd love a chance for a casual inspection."

(ooc: I felt so left out of the PM party :wail: )

Shanna nickered happily at the questions, now that she was sure the place was not going to burn down around them.

The bay pegasus smiled as she sat down "We are still expanding our range by ourselves, but we have been to the desert of Appleoosa and even met some of the buffalo when we set up to watch the strange century comet that leaves a trail of gleaming sparkles. Of more interest to you, we got our Cutie Marks on the family trip to Zebra lands. Our mother taught us to navigate by the North Star during the trip and Hoss decided to try that out one night while our parents were busy with her observations. Naturally I had to follow along to keep him out of trouble... ;)

We had to escape a Mantacore and had to navigate our way back. We arrived while the zebra herd Chief and his Shaman were organizing a search with our parents.

While we were having our tearful reunion, the shaman pointed at our flanks, letting us know we had just recieved them right then and there, for the stars and our knowledge brought us back to our parents."

She looked thoughtful for a moment, then smiled at Zecora "Since you want to see more than you have, perhaps you can come with us on our trips. Some are far enough away to spend one or more days there, giving you a chance to see the sights and meet the locals."

(ooc; this might be a good excuse for Zecora to start in or find her way into threads far from the Everfree and Ponyville locations)

Admittedly the first day of business for the Jingling Satchel Repair Shop could have gone better. Klondike had made the mistake of not checking the work of the pony that set up his furnace and a slight fire broke out. Aside from a few synched hairs, nothing was damaged and Klondike had to unfortunately request that his customers leave their items in need of repairs and return at their later convenience the following day.

Klondike had woken up early this time around and already had coffee and cookies set out on his counter for any customer that came in and wanted some. He was currently outside working on remaking the felloe to replace the broken one on one of the wheels of Zacora’s cart. The second wheel he had removed from the cart already had a brand new metal band around it and was propped up against the cart which was up on two blocks of wood. He was wearing a smile on his muzzle as he worked diligently on the piece of wood before him. He had the piece of wood clamped down against his worktable as he repeatedly ran a hoof over it with an odd contraption. Attached to his hoof, more exactly to his horseshoe, was a block plane, which resembled a sort of metallic cheese grater. With each pass, small pieces of shaved wood fell to the ground.

Off to his side, across the workshop, stood the furnace that had given him troubles the previous day. It insides were glowing a very faded orange, not yet hot enough for what he needed to do with it. Next to it on a table were a telescope and a tuba.

Taking a minute to stop and look away from his work and over towards the items on the table, he couldn’t help but let out a shallow sigh.

*sigh* “Well, could have been a better day yesterday, but at least I don’t have to worry about that happening again…” He raised his free hoof towards his right ear and gave it a little rub. It was wrapped in a bandage and had been twitching for a while towards the inside of the shop.

As it continued to twitch, he took a mental note of the things he had to work on for the day. So far he had a telescope, a tuba, a cart, and a broken tureen that was no longer broken. In fact, because the tureen had been allowed to set over night, the glue had bonded marvelously and the tureen looked as good as new. He had it sitting next to the counter with the receipt ready to be picked up.

Glancing at it through the open door into the shop, he spotted something that made him roll his eyes and begin trotting back into the shop. He had forgotten to put out the open sign.

“Wow, I woke up early and forgot to put out the sign… Hmm, does that mean I still technically opened lated?” He pondered to himself as he picked up the sign in his muzzle and walked across the foyer of the shop towards the door. It was still locked.

“Well, at least I was about half way open on time. Guess tomorrow I’ll just forget to put out the sign or something like that. Slowly work my way up to being a decent shop owner, hehe.”

Klondike couldn’t help but smile and chuckle at himself as he opened the door and the now five bells that hung above his door jingled furiously and he placed the OPEN sign outside. He took one glance at it to make sure it was standing properly and then walked back into his shop.

Since he would be working outside on the cart, he would have to try and make a mental note to listen for the bells.

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: Hopefully "If you post it, they will come" works here...)

After spending the night in town, the twins have a good breakfast and zip off to their weather patrol duties closer to Cloudsdale

Before the morning grows late, the pair soon return to Ponyville and land at the repair shop.

They notice an extra bell or two on the door as they enter. Hoss takes a moment to ring the bells some more with his wing tips just to be sure.

Snanna trots up and peers over the counter "Good Morning, Are you busy?"

Hoss refrains from asking if there were any more explosions...

The wood in front of Klondike was already starting to take shape. It had not been long since he returned to his work after putting the open sign outside his store. Off to the side, the space inside the furnace was already starting to glow a little bit brighter but still wasn’t at the right temperature for what the needed to do to fix the tuba and the telescope.

He had an extremely foggy look on his face as he took a pause from gliding the block plane over the piece of wood and began to take measurements to make sure he was still shaping it correctly.

Klondike was so focused on it he didn’t even hear the bells. Maybe seven bells was the magic number?

Still, even if he didn’t hear it, his bandaged right ear did and began to twitch in the direction of the door back into his shop. On other occasions, this would have gone unnoticed. However, because of the itchy bandage he couldn’t help but bring up a hoof to scratch it a bit.

“I wish it didn’t itch so much… actually, why is it always twitching? Sometime I think it’s trying to tell me something, haha.”

"Good Morning, Are you busy?"

Klondike startled a bit, letting out a high pitched yelp, and quickly brought his hoof to his chest. He was convinced that no customer had yet come in, so it really surprised him to hear somepony call out. With a bit of embarrassment across his muzzle, he leaned to the side a bit so that he could see through the door of his shop. A bright smile quickly replaced the look of embarrassment.

“Ah, Mr. Hoss. Good Morning to you too!... Or is it Miss Shanna?” He asked in a joking tone. “Either way, good morning you two! Help yourselves to some cookies and cold coffee if you’d like, and come on back.”

His head disappeared from the door way and was replaced by his hoof waving them through the door.

“I’m not too busy right now. How can I be of service?” He called into the shop as he resumed his work shaping the wooden felloe.

• 2 weeks later...

Shanna giggled at the joking tone of his question on which one of them she was.

She trotted on after him followed by Hoss, after grabbing some cookies and coffee in passing.

The pair looked on as the blue stallion resumed his work. Hoss spoke "We just got done with our Weather Patrol duties for the day, extra fast, so we could check up on the telescope."

Shanna nodded "Yes, we thought it would not hurt to be early. We were impressed with how fast and clever you work." She peered at the felloe, suddenly curious. "Umm, is that a wagon part you are carving?"

• 1 month later...

In a rare moment of clarity, Klondike had yet to become fully emerged in his work.

“Hmm?”

He looked up and away from the piece of wood he was carving and looked at Shanna with a questioning look.

“Am I wagging my tail because of a craving?” He paused for a second as he looked at the Pegasus twins and then back at the piece of wood. Well, maybe one day he’s learn to pay attention.

“OH! Yes, yes it is a wagon part that I’m carving.” He said in the same tone he had before, the obvious misunderstanding not fazing him in the slightest. Or perhaps it had already faded away in that absentminded mind of his.

He gave the piece of wood a few more glides with his tool before he began to speak again.

“It’s a felloe for a wagon wheel. Miss Zacora’s wagon wheel to be exact. Think I might finish this up and take the wagon to her house…” He paused for a second as he brought up a hoof to his chin and began to rub it while he spoke more to himself than anypony in particular. “Think she lives in the forest or something like that… Dunno, could be fun.”

He quickly got back to work and within seconds his ear was twitching furiously in the direction of the furnace which now had an ominous orange glow coming from it. The heat from it was starting to spread into the open workspace. Klondike however, continued to work on the piece of wood with his back towards it. Before long though, he sprang up from his table and turned in the direction of the Pegasus twins, inches from Hoss’s muzzle.

“Hey! My haunches are warm! That means the furnace should be ready for that brass.” He paused for a second as he looked at the Pegasus in front of him. “OH, right, I have company… Probably shouldn’t be commenting about toasty haunches. Still…” He unhooked the glide tool from his hoof and made his way towards the furnace where he immediately dug his head into a nearby bin and re-emerged wearing an odd black mask made out of rubber. Where the eyes should be, there were two pieces of glass as dark as charcoal and the muzzle was adorned with a pair of metallic tongs that seemed to stick out from within the mask.

“Care to see how your telescope is repaired?” He asked in a somewhat muffled voice as the black mask’s muzzle moved and the metallic tongs waggled.