Sugar Mint ice cream and sweet shop (open)

Rainbow's wings sprang up as she looked on, amazed. She turned her attention to the royal guard, giving him a glare that could melt ice.

[colour=#6699cc]"Hey buddy! This is private pegasus business. You'll just have to wait. You can have the rest of my sundae if you really want."[/colour]

Rainbow thrust her bowl in front of his face, grinning smugly. She turned her attention back to Chocolate.

[colour=#6699cc]"That's really good, kid! Two cherries at once is AWESOME! I think you're ready for me to teach you how to fly. When do you wanna do it?"[/colour]

lOHTHNU.png

Finally! The cone began to glow blue as he took hold of it with his magic. Only then did he realize how much he had frightened the pony behind the counter.

[colour=#7f0000]"I-I apologize for losing my temper like that,"[/colour] he said, ashamed of his outburst.

For good measure, he ate the cherry that was atop his cone and attempted to tie it in a knot using his own tongue. He very nearly had it, too, but instead he managed to snap the stem of the cherry in half. Why, this must mean that he didn't have what it takes!

This would never do!

Not one to back down from a challenge, he shook his head with frustration.[colour=#7f0000]"Could I have some more cherries?"[/colour] he asked, throwing the bits down on the counter. He would tie a cherry stem into a knot with his tongue, even if it meant his chocolate peanut butter ice cream melted while he did so! Such would be the sacrifice he would make!

Rainbow clapped her hooves excitedly, cheering. [colour=#6699cc]"Sweet! I'm really going to push you hard. I think with enough practice, you'll have what it takes to join the Wonderbolts! That guard pony? I'm sure he'd be happy to watch us."[/colour]

She trotted outside with Chocolate, glancing up to the poofy, white clouds above.

[colour=#6699cc]"Okay, kid! First rule of flying is...don't fall. Just ask Fluttershy, this is a good rule. Second rule is, flap hard! Third rule, do everything awesomely. Got that? Now, flap hard!"[/colour]

Rainbow pulled out a whistle and blew it hard. [colour=#6699cc]"Go!"[/colour]

lOHTHNU.png

Hammer Spark looked down at the rainbow mare's half-eaten bowl of ice cream. It really did look appetizing, but he had more immediate matters to attend to. Such as, say, private Pegasus business?

[colour=#7f0000]"I'll have you pegasi know that Unicorns can too tie cherry stems into knots with their tongues!"[/colour] he announced, suddenly realizing that he was now not only defending his own honour, but the honour of the entire unicorn race! He began furiously chewing on a cherry and tried once again to tie it into a knot. When this one snapped too, he let out a frustrated growl!

He was one of Equestria's finest! He would not be defeated this easily!

So determined was he, that he failed to even notice that Rainbow Dash and Chocolate Mint had long since left him alone in the shop and were outside flying.

Rainbow shrugged at Hammer as the pair exited the shop. [colour=#6699cc]"Yeah buddy, you just go for it!" [/colour]

The cerulean pegasus turned her attention back to her new student. [colour=#6699cc]"At'a filly! Look at that height! Don't look down and keep on flapping! Wahoooo! There ya go!" [/colour]

She flapped her wings gracefully and took to the air, following slightly behind Chocolate in case she started to fall. [colour=#6699cc]"See! You're doing great, kid!"[/colour]

Rainbow sat on a cloud, watching her student climb higher and higher. The ice cream shop looked like a speck below them.

[colour=#6699cc]"Awesome! Okay, now that you've mastered basic flight, it's time to pull out some advanced tricks. I'm going to show you the cloud dive bomber! Watch me!"[/colour]

Rainbow jumped off her cloud nose-first, and began to tail spin through the air, punching her way through several clouds. She flared her wings at the last moment, doing a huge loop-de-loop. She bounced off another cloud and spun, whipping in the air wicked fast. She waved to Chocolate.

[colour=#6699cc]"Your turn, kid! Go for it!"[/colour]

Long days of ideas gathering and meetings with the stuck-in-the-muds at canterlot made one Poni Stark bored - bored as heck...Chairpony of the bored, even!

It also made him rather in the mood for some chilling out - and where better than to do it in one of Ponyvilles most delightful an' delicious places to snack at, Sugar Mints Ice Cream. Luckily enough, it seemed like the place was seein' some action of the interesting kind - he was certainly most interested to go take a peek at just what the hullaballoo was about!

"[colour=#b22222] Heeeey, what's all the noise[/colour]? [colour=#b22222]somepony throwin' an ice cream party and didn't invite me[/colour]? " The inventor pony comments, looking around curiously.

Crazy Blue Pegasus, Stuffy Unicorn Guard - nopony he'd really ever met before or was immediately familiar with...oh, and the ever-present shopkeep, of course.

" [colour=#b22222]Woah, looks like a fun time - is it tongue olympics day or something[/colour]? [colour=#b22222]I lose count, 'cause we already have so many weird holidays[/colour]! "

Rainbow Dash whistled loudly, her mouth gaping. Chocolate was a natural! [colour=#6699cc]"Awww yeah! Look at you, Miss Speedy! You're going to be a Wonderbolt for sure! I think that that's enough for your lesson today. I just saw another customer walk into your shop. Heh, he looks like a loser." [/colour]

Rainbow grabbed Chocolate, tucked her under her arm, and flew back into the ice cream shop. She was going a bit too fast, and ended up crashing into Poni Stark. She twitched, her limbs jumbled together with her wings and her new student.

[colour=#6699cc]"Ugh! Sorry about that!"[/colour]

lOHTHNU.png

Hammer Spark holds up the finally knotted Cherry Stem with pride! At last, after eating 27 cherries, he had finally done it!

[colour=#7f0000]"You see?"[/colour] he says proudly, as a red earth pony and the two pegasi enter the shop, (funny that; he didn't remember them leaving) [colour=#7f0000]"it's not just private pegasus business! Unicorns can knot Cherry Stems, too!"[/colour]

No sooner had he walked into the shop than he'd found himself under assault from 2 rogue flyers...the crazy blue pegasus seemed to have somewhat gotten thrown off course and crashed into him, which had left him sprawled upside down and a little confused as to just how something like that happened in an ice cream shop.

" [colour=#b22222]Yeeesh, somepony get the license number of that griffon[/colour]? " the earth pony utters as he pulls himself back to his four hooves. " [colour=#b22222]Wait, there isn't one even here, nevermind[/colour]! "

Rainbow nodded, extracting herself from the pony inventor by pushing her hoof against his face. Hard. She popped out of the tangled mess, stretching her wings.

[colour=#6699cc]"Big time, kid! You're a natural!"[/colour]

She turned her magenta gaze to Poni. [colour=#6699cc]"Thanks for breaking our fall! Sorta. My student was learning how to bust out some awesome air tricks. You know, Wonderbolt training stuff."[/colour]

Rainbow golf clapped for poor Hammer, grinning roguishly. [colour=#6699cc]"Uh, yeah buddy. I'm sure your mother is proud of you somewhere."[/colour]

Poni wasn't so sure Rainbows gesture was something that was overly intended - afterall, he'd seen such gestures before in canterlot, and for not all the best reasons.

Disregarding this, he brushes himself off and looks around at the ragtag group of ponies and gives a wide smirk.

"[colour=#b22222] So...[/colour] " he starts, heading to the order desk. " [colour=#b22222]Who's wings do I gotta tickle for a cinnamon whirl ice cream deluxe[/colour]? "

The fashion authority Hoity Toity was in Ponyville on official business. His boutique was in need of new haute couture to feature in the shop windows, and he knew a pony with a keen eye for fashion right here in this little country corner that could give him just what he needed. He was excited to speak with her, but soon enough something worse than his very worst nightmare began to make its way into reality...sweat! The very sharply dressed stallion was hot - too hot! He needed to cool down, lest he risk spoiling his fabulous, disgustingly expensive threads! As luck would have it, the solution was right in front of him - an ice cream shop! It wouldn't be his first choice, but beggars can't be choosers - and he was just about ready to beg.

He ran into the shop to find a unicorn proudly showing off a cherry stem...with a knot tied in it! It seemed to be the hot topic, actually. Luckily, Hoity Toity was hear with a theme for his fashion - cherries!

[colour=#666699]"The sheer amateur nature of your cherry-stem-tying skills is an absolute offence to the sport. Allow me."[/colour]

Pulling a bundle of cherries from his gorgeous saddle bags, Hoity Toity plopped them into his mouth and in mere seconds pulled the image of a prancing earth pony made from tied cherry stems from his mouth.

Rainbow's jaw gaped open as she was presented with a new ice cream sundae! She never expected to be treated by the young filly after her flying lesson, but hey -- free ice cream was free. She'd do some extra wing-ups later to burn off the extra calories. She dug into her sundae with gusto, rolling her eyes at Poni.

[colour=#6699cc]"Pfft! Really? Who the hay orders cinnamon whirl ice cream? I think my grandmare does. Go for something more bold, old timer. Then again, you're probably a chicken. Hey kid, cancel that order. This stallion wants a scoop of scorching chilli swirl."[/colour]