Heart's Counsel (Finished)

Lux

"Well, if we're talking about ideals, which I know there's no such thing as a perfect stallion, but if there was..." A dreamy smile came on her face. "He'd be tall and strong but sweet and adorable. He'd have a rugged coat, but these wide, almost innocent-like eyes that can smoulder at you in just the right way. We'd go on long walks on the beach and kiss over plates of noodles..." She trailed off and gave a drawn-out, happy sigh. She seemed pretty content in her little fantasy.

Heart Healer listened as Cinnabar Star described her idea stallion. To the psychologist this theoretical special somepony sounded like a dream stallion from a romance novel, one who would sweep a mare off her feet and carry her away from her troubles. But this fantastic version of a stallion also could be a bad thing.

[colour=#800080]"I see you have thought this out and that you seem content with this reality. Do you think that the fact that this fantasy version of a stallion is preventing you from connecting with a Special somepony due to the stallions not living up to the expectations of your ideal?" [/colour]

It was, in fact, probably something Cinnabar Star had read in a romance novel. She tended to eat those up like candy. The dark red Crystal mare gave a snort, looking a little offended again. "You told me to describe my ideal stallion, so I did. I know that there's no such thing as an "ideal" stallion. I'd just be happy if somepony actually showed up for the first date, for once! I mean, look at me. I'd be a nice mare to have as a special somepony!" Her lip started to quiver a little. "It just doesn't seem fair, doc."

Heart Healer could feel the anger off Cinnabar Star like waves of heat. She didn't want to just drop the topic, but now because her patient was upset the psychologist had to choose her words carefully.

[colour=#800080]"I'm sure that you are a nice mare Ms. Star. I know these questions may seem confusing or disturbing, but I am trying to get to the root of things to help you. So we have explored what you want to see in a stallion, and I know you were not interested in Role Playing. So my question is to you how do you typically approach a stallion that you are interested in. Firstly, what makes you interested in a particular stallion you choose. Secondly, what do you say or do to get said stallion's attention?" [/colour]