Maybe A Guide?

I have found this website a bit confusing, and if I didn't have my friend here to help me, I would be lost. There should be something that helps guide people along, tips on how to do things. I know there's the forums, but those are a bit hard to navigate, if you're asking me. There should be a whole new tab or button or SOMETHING completely dedicated to telling you what you have to do. Apparently you have to have 3 post before you can submit your rp character, and you have to go all the way to the forums to post! It would be nice to have everything on your profile so it was quick and easy to access. But that's just my opinion. I'm not saying you have to, I'm just saying it would be easier.

• Like 1

Hi Willowsnare! First, to correct a misconception, you don't need 3 posts to put in an RP application, but there are certain features, like the chat room, that do require at least 3 posts on the forum. Its pretty easy to make a topic in the introduction forum (as I see you've done), and get your three posts there.

As far as our application goes, not every Canterlot member automatically wants to join the Role Playing sections. As a matter of fact, you don't need an application at all to role play in the Free-for-All section. Applications are only required for the World of Equestria (WoE) section at this time, and those apps are carefully reviewed by our volunteer staff to make sure the character fits into the world correctly. There is a new RP section coming online very soon that will also require an application, but the requirements and restrictions will be easier than WoE.

I encourage you to read the sticky posts in the Applications section to see how to apply for the WoE Roleplay before putting in your app. Good luck!

The three post requirement only applies to joining the chat, and I think to making blogs and galleries, definitely not to putting in an application. This is a preventative measure to make it more difficult for people to come troll through these features. And, as Corsair said, not everyone comes here to roleplay, and not even everyone who roleplays will want an application.

As for the forums themselves, I find them easy enough to get around, but if you have any suggestions as to how they could be made easier to navigate, we would be happy to hear them. :)