Of Stars and Suns - Sign Ups (For Advanced RP'ers)

[colour=#006400]Note: This is for serious RP'ers. Do not join if you are new to this concept or are poor at it.

All creatures in Equestria know the story of the Night Princess Luna's banishment to the moon. They know of the supposed corruption in her soul, the slow twisting of her mind as she planned the usurping of the Sun Princess Celestia. They know how her plan failed, and how the righteous Princess banished her to the moon with the mysterious and elusive Elements of Harmony, as she restored peace to the land.

But balance cannot be maintained when one creature contains it from exploding into chaos, and both "good" and "evil" must be present in order for there to be true harmony. The purging of the Night Princess and her followers may have seemed a good and true act, but it destroyed the true balance of the land.

Now plagues and monsters have taken over the once beautiful and poverished Equestria and Celestia has been removed from her throne to be replaced by a dark creature who's name was lost in time. The Elements are scattered to be found by the new bearers...but the balancing Elements of Chaos, the one's unbenownst to pony-kind and the Elements truly used to banish Luna, are too.

In order to save the fate of Equestria from imminent destruction, twelve brave ponies woke up to realize that something had to be done. Meeting, they embark on an adventure both perilous and frightening to recover the Elements from the monsters who now hold them...while discovering their own true natures tied to them.

---

So there it is-the plot of Of Stars and Suns! As stated, twelve people are eligible to join in the craziness of this massive open-world project.

---

Skills:

Skills dictate how good you are in different areas. They are counted by a points system. The more points you have in one system the better you are at it. If you have one point in an area, you suck at it. If you have five you're very skilled.

In OSAS, there are different major skills one can have. They are:

Speech-dictates how well you can manipulate people and make them listen to you. Those high in Speech make good thieves and merchants.

Stealth-dictates how undetectable you are and dictates the use of bows, daggers, poisons, and dirks. Those high in Stealth make good scouts, assassins, and thieves.

Strength-dictates your ability to use heavy armour and weapons such as axes, maces, and swords. Those high in Strength make good warriors.

Smarts-dictates how good you are at identifying hazards, coming up with plans, etc.

There are minor classes tied to each major. Each starts at at least one point with up to five points. If you have one point you're bad at it, three you're average, and five you're very good.

You can pick ONE skill to master at if it's something you put five points into; however, it cannot be something someone else mastered. If you master something, you're an expert; if I mastered sword, I would be the best out of the group at that. Choose carefully-every minor skill is useful at something, and some good ones are less obvious than others.

You cannot master perks.

Speech:

1. Persuasion-uses well-placed compliments to get what they want.

2. Intimidation-uses force and fear to get what they want.

3. Lying-dictates how well you can get away with lying. Obviously.

4. Charisma-dictates how much surrounding characters like you.

Stealth:

1. Sneak-how well you can get around unnoticed.

2. Speed-how quick you are on your feet.

3. Pickpocketing-how good you are at taking things from people's pockets, bags, etc. unnoticed.

4. Lockpicking-how effective you are at breaking into things.

5. Reaction Time-how fast you are at recovering from attacks.

6. Dodge-how well you can elude attacks.

7. Weapons-affects how well you use your choice of bow, dirks, or daggers. Pick two weapons only to use in the RP from this section.

Strength:

1. Sword-how well you can use a sword.

2. Mace-how well you can use a mace.

3. Axe-how well you can use an axe.

4. Block-how well you can stop an attack.

5. Stamina-how long you can last without tiring out.

6. Armour-how effective armour is.

Smarts:

1. Magic-UNICORN ONLY-how strong your magic is. You start at zero in this. If you leave it at zero you can do basic magic like levitation.

2. Strategist-how well you plan attacks; affects their effectiveness.

3. Leadership-affects how people respond to you.

4. Medic-affects healing time for wounds; those with four or five points can heal others.

5. Alchemist-you make potions and poisons that can be used for a variety of things.

Not including Magic that's twenty one abilities, meaning you have twenty one automatic points since there's at least one in each. You can have FIFTY FIVE (55) points total, those 21 included...choose wisely! That's 34 points to spend!

---

You can also pick one perk from the list below. Perks each have three points conferred automatically that DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE TOTAL; if you want more, use your alloted points, which will. If I pick Attraction and add a point, I have 33 points; if I add none I still have 34.

Affecting Speech: Attraction

Those who are homosexual or of the opposite sex will be more likely to be friendly, help you, and give you betyer prices, treatment, etc.

Affecting Stealth: Bribery

If you get caught or convicted of crime, you can bribe your way out of trouble and not have to be punished for it.

Affecting Strength: Berserker

You can heal more quickly while doing more damage-however, this happens once an RP day, and its effectiveness varies.

Affecting Smarts: Scientist

Allots you one bonus point for a minor skill of your choice in two sections-basically two bonus points but they must be spent in Stealth and Smarts, and they must be added to something not at level 5.

---

This is the sector in which you can pick a class; it may be added later.

---

Equestria is is now divided into four factions: there is the capital province of Delirium, the richest and most snobby place; the small and violent province of Violi, the second poorest and most crime-riddled; Slavek, the poorest and where slaves are sold and traded; and Industrios, where all the factories are housed. Three ponies will come from each sector; if you can, try to tie your characters backstory into that.

Each sector has bonus points depending on where you choose to come from. These are BONUS ones-they don't count towards the 34.

Delirium:

+2 points to allot to Speech

Violi:

+2 points to allot to Strength

Slavek:

+1 point to allot to Stealth

+1 point to allot to Smarts

Industrios:

+1 point to allot to Stength

+1 point to allot to Speech

---

Depending on your race, you get bonus points too; again, they don't count towards the 34.

Unicorns:

+1 point to allot to Smarts

Earth Pony:

+1 point to allot to Strength

Pegasus:

+1 point to allot to Stealth[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Other Races:[/colour]

[colour=#006400]-added at the discretion of the DM depending on race

---

Final bonus points-for the Elements themselves. Not for the 34, didn't you get that?!

Elements of Harmony:

Laughter and Generosity get +1 Speech.

Both Loyalty and Honesty get +1 Strength.

Magic gets +1 Smarts.

Kindness gets +1 Stealth.

Elements of Chaos (opposites of the EoH):

Greed (Generosity) and Deception (Honesty) get +1 Speech.

Brutality (Kindness) and Hatred (Laughter) get +1 Strength.

Disharmony (Magic) gets +1 Smarts.

Desertion (Loyalty) gets +1 Stealth.

---

If you need further explanation, PM me or ask in this thread. It's a little crazy, I know! But once you get it, work the system-you can get some CRAZY bonus points in the sections you want.

---

Rules:

1. No godmodding or OP'ing. In this RP all Elements share equal power for one, so there is no one better than another. Play up your strengths from the points, but if you kill a bunch of enemies in one go...yeah. You're out.

2. No non-ponies or alicorns.

3. No Mary Sues! You live in a dystopian and now-ancient Equestria (this takes place 50 years after Kuna is sent to the moon); you aren't going to be perfect and happy all the time.

4. Good grammar is a must. I will actually look at posts you've made to see if you're good.

5. While not a necessity, try to link me to a previous RP. Advanced ones are excellent.

6. You can die or be persecuted for crimes. It's not likely that you'll have the former or latter happen, but kerp it in mind.

7. This is not an advanced RP, but 400+ character post length is strongly encouraged. Actually, screw it, just make long posts please. XD

8. This is set in ancient times-reflect that in your speech, etc. Don't use modern slang, for example.

---

Sign-Ups:

You must have a character sheet link in your post. I would recommend making a special character just for this RP. All stats should be provided, so:

-province of origin

-skill points

-represented Element

-perk

---

General Sign Up Information:

Spaces Available: 12

Provinces of Origin:

Delirium: All open.

Violi: All open.

Slavek: All open.

Industrios: Two open.

Mastering Spots Taken:

Stealth-PinkieDaShy

Perks Taken:

Attraction: 0 used

Bribery: 0 used

Berserker: 0 used

Scientist: 1 used

Elements Taken: 0

Number of Ponies:

Unicorns: 0

Earth Ponies: 0

Pegasi: 0[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Other: 0

---

Elements of Harmony: 4 available

Magic: Open

Generosity: Open

Honesty: Open

Loyalty: Open

Laughter: Open

Kindness: Open

Elements of Chaos: All available.

Disharmony: Open

Greed: Open

Deception: Open

Desertion: Taken-PinkieDaShy-TBA

Hatred: Open

Brutality: Open

Reserve Spots:

---

Well, hopefully those serious RP'ers are interested! [/colour]

[colour=#006400]Since this is a long process to go through to make a character, feel free to reserve! Try to get it done as soon as possible, though, I'd appreciate it.

Have fun![/colour]

• Like 1

Well it is certainly an interesting concept. I'll give it a shot. I'll also include my Character sheet just for this.

character sheet

User name: Sleeps

Character Name: Promontory

Race: Earth Pony (+ 1 strength bonus)

Coat colour:Burnt Toast Brown [Hex#: A1745E]

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

Primary colour: Mine Shaft Black [Hex#:343333]

Secondary colour: Gray Asparagus [Hex#:4B4C4B]

Style: cropped mane and tail

Eye colour:Picton Blue [Hex#:5BBCEC]

Physique:Work Horse Build/Extremely muscular, Average height, Has Furry Fetlocks, Discoloured Hooves (same as primary mane/tail colour)

Hometown/Province of Origin: Industrios (+ 1 Strength bonus, + 1 Speech bonus)

Skills:

Speech:

Persuasion:**** (4)

Intimidation:**** (4)

Lying:* (1)

Charisma:**** (4)

Stealth:

1. Sneak:* (1)

2. Speed:*** (3)

3. Pickpocketing:* (1)

4. Lockpicking:* (1)

5. Reaction Time:**** (4)

6. Dodge:* (1)

7. Weapons:**** (4)

Strength:

1. Sword:**** (4)

2. Mace:* (1)

3. Axe:*** (3)

4. Block:***** (5)

5. Stamina:***** (5)

6. Armour:*** (3)

Intelligence:

1. Magic:

2. Strategist:*** (3)

3. Leadership:*** (3)

4. Medic:* (1)

5. Alchemist:* (1)

Perk:

Attraction:***** (5)

Element of Harmony

Loyalty (+ 1 strength bonus)

History:

As a young colt Promontory grew up in a small working class family that mainly dealt with sword forging and armor creation for fellow ponies to wear into battle. Though Promontory wasn't the most skilled in creating weapons like his father, the colt was good at bringing in a crowd and demonstrating how each blade worked. Still, as Promontory got older and the land became filled with more and more creatures, the Earth stallion started using his strength to help out fellow ponies in exchange for basic living goods and materials thus making him become muscle for hire. With more and more experience in the battle field the Earth stallion became better at becoming a leader figure when in the face of danger even though he still has a way to go. Still, to some it made him look like a rough and tough warrior who would pick a fight whenever he could. However, Promontory tried to live by what his father had taught him that it was better to bring others over to his side and only use the blade if all else had failed.

Though Promontory home and family were in Industrios, His father and him usually went out and about to as many towns as the could in order to sell their products and craftsmanship. This gave Promontory a good sense of what the land was like and how to make a fast plan encase a bandit pony showed up or a creature.

tumblr_mjrk3mKZVG1s5xo2po1_1280.png

If you really want a writing example I'll send you one.

Vision the unicorn

[colour=#006400]Skills : [/colour][colour=#006400]Smarts[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Class : [/colour][colour=#006400]Industrios[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Race:[/colour][colour=#006400]Unicorns[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Perk:[/colour][colour=#006400]Attraction ***[3][/colour]

[colour=#006400]Element of Harmony:[/colour][colour=#006400]Generosity[/colour]

[colour=#006400]i hope i did everything corectly if not point it out and i will fix and my oc wont be at full power since i just disabled him to make him weak for this rp and i will try to make my rp post long just dont have any high hopes im on my phone half the time.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Skill points left:0[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Speech:[/colour]

[colour=#006400]1. Persuasion-***[3]

2. Intimidation-*[1]

3. Lying-*[1]

4. Charisma-****[4]

{9}

Stealth:

1. Sneak-*[1]

2. Speed-***[3]

3. Pickpocketing-*[1]

4. Lockpicking-*[1]

5. Reaction Time-***[3]

6. Dodge-***[3]

7. Weapons-*[1]

{13}

Strength:

1. Sword-****[4]

2. Mace-*[1]

3. Axe-*[1]

4. Block-****[4]

5. Stamina-***[3]

6. Armour-***[3]

{16}

Smarts:

1. Magic-*****[5]

2. Strategist-****[4]

3. Leadership-***[3]

4. Medic-*****[5]

5. Alchemist-****[4][/colour]

[colour=#006400]{20}[/colour]

Vision the unicorn

[colour=#006400]Skills : [/colour][colour=#006400]Smarts[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Class : [/colour][colour=#006400]Industrios[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Race:[/colour][colour=#006400]Unicorns[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Perk:[/colour][colour=#006400]Attraction[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Element of Harmony:[/colour][colour=#006400]Generosity[/colour]

[colour=#006400]i hope i did everything corectly if not point it out and i will fix and my oc wont be at full power since i just disabled him to make him weak for this rp and i will try to make my rp post long just dont have any high hopes im on my phone half the time.[/colour]

I think you also need to include your skill points and what is in them.

[colour=#006400]I have to go in a moment, but thank your for your applications; I shall look them over later when I return. Depending on levels of interest, this may become JUST the Elements of Disharmony, so as to make it smaller. We'd just have the current elements as NPC's. :-)[/colour]

[colour=#006400]I have to go in a moment, but thank your for your applications; I shall look them over later when I return. Depending on levels of interest, this may become JUST the Elements of Disharmony, so as to make it smaller. We'd just have the current elements as NPC's. :-)[/colour]

Well just let us know whenever you are done.

Character Name: Ignius

Race: Earth Pony

Coat colour: [colour=#660000]#660000 (Looks like a very dark shade of red, kinda like Blood Red)[/colour]

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Mane is shortly cut and roughly arranged, as if it was ill maintained or neglected, shows signs of being cut in battle. Same goes for the tail, but most strands of hair are ill-placed. Both hair elements are coloured [colour=#a9a9a9]Dim grey[/colour]. He has a scar on his left cheek, gained in battle with one of his more stronger opponents.

Eye colour: [colour=#b22222]Well apparently, the colour picker calls it "Fire Brick"[/colour]

Physique: Slightly bigger than usual Earth Ponies, muscular, the seasoned and veteran look.

Hometown/Province of Origin: Violi (+2 Str)

Element of Chaos/Harmony: Hatred (+1 Str)

Perk: Berserker

Skills:

Speech

Persuasion - 3

Intimidation - 4

Lying - 4

Charisma - 2

Total: 13

Strength

Sword - 3

Mace - 1

Axe - 5

Block - 3

Stamina - 4

Armour - 3

Total: 19 +3(from bonuses) Grand Total: 22

Stealth

Sneak - 1

Speed - 4

Pickpocketing - 1

Lockpicking - 1

Reaction Time - 4

Dodge - 4

Weapons - 3

Total: 18

Smarts

Magic - not applicable -

Strategist - 1

Leadership - 2

Medic - 1

Alchemist - 1

Total: 5

History: The colt of a retired warrior sired by a Stallion from Violi, his mother perished during a great upheaval after three years, far too young for Ignius to remember, and his Father worked his time around their small part of the province, keeping their townsfolk out of danger, repelling encroaching monsters and bandits. Life was hard, food was minimal at best, and free time was spent with his Father training with the axe and he sword. Although Ignius aspired to be more than just another pony forced into a life of a warrior, it was either his fierce temper against those who poked humorously about his parents or his limited perspective on academia that prevented him from going on with a normal life. Each day was a training routine of discipline, each session allowed him to master his weapons, to defend those he would be entrusted to when his Father would no longer be able to.

All that changed after one fight. A group of bullies was gaining ground in the school, and they were brutal, as their wrath extended to everyone, including Ignius. For days, they decided to make him the prime target, poking at his attitude, poking at his future, his family. Then they poked as his Mother. The fair mare who his Father had spoken of highly and dearly. He would not stand it. So he went up to their leader, and landed a hard punch at him. The others looked towards their leader, then back at Ignius, before charging at him. Try as he might, he was still outnumbered four-to-one, despite both skill and strength, it was clear that even when he took out two, he was tiring. And just as he was getting cornered, he felt a sudden surge of energy through him, different from adrenaline. With a surge of fury, he quickly delivered quick and painful, but not fatal blows to the other two, leaving them on the floor in pain. And just as he stood over their leader, he was stopped by a passing teacher, which after due process, he was expelled. Much to the chagrin of his Father, who hoped his training would keep the young colt's fiery spirit down, but it didn't, it went as far as to grant his Cutie Mark, an axe on fire.

Fast forward a few normal years, and Ignius joined his Father, the axe his favored blade, his strategy next to none, but his determination unbroken. At this point, his Father only taught basic discipline and survival in the realistic world, but when it came to battle, Ignius' spirit was next to none. But eventually, he would be pushed into another level. One day, a group of marauding bandits raided the town, setting ablaze structures, and taking the innocent captive, as this transpired, Ignius knew none of this, as he was out hunting, but when he returned, he was faced with a heart-wrenching scene. All ponies gone, a town burned out, and his Father's absence only made him assume the worst. Ignius thought that he would live on like his Father, and when he had his colt, he would teach him, and perhaps Ignius would cool down. But since fate had other plans, Ignius hated fate. He hated the bandits from their wanton destruction. He hated it all.

And as that anger grew, his judgement was clouded, and his perception of justice twisted. For him, there was no mourning and moving on, no attempts at happiness, and definitely no more family. Going back inside the remains of his house, he gathered his belongings, and when he was satisfied, left his home for the outside world. To hunt down those who committed such atrocities, to sate his hatred with the ending of scum, to ease his mind knowing that the devils who caused destruction were gone, and to satisfy his need for vengeance. And he would start, by severing the links to the heart.

((Abit violent history where I applied abit of Euphemism to keep it site-friendly. Tell me if it's still too violent, or not violent enough.))

Character Name: Ignius

Race: Earth Pony

Coat colour: [colour=#660000]#660000 (Looks like a very dark shade of red, kinda like Blood Red)[/colour]

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Mane is shortly cut and roughly arranged, as if it was ill maintained or neglected, shows signs of being cut in battle. Same goes for the tail, but most strands of hair are ill-placed. Both hair elements are coloured [colour=#a9a9a9]Dim grey[/colour]. He has a scar on his left cheek, gained in battle with one of his more stronger opponents.

Eye colour: [colour=#b22222]Well apparently, the colour picker calls it "Fire Brick"[/colour]

Physique: Slightly bigger than usual Earth Ponies, muscular, the seasoned and veteran look.

Hometown/Province of Origin: Violi (+2 Str)

Element of Chaos/Harmony: Hatred (+1 Str)

Perk: Berserker

Skills:

Speech

Persuasion - 3

Intimidation - 4

Lying - 4

Charisma - 2

Total: 13

Strength

Sword - 3

Mace - 1

Axe - 5

Block - 3

Stamina - 4

Armour - 3

Total: 19 +3(from bonuses) Grand Total: 22

Stealth

Sneak - 1

Speed - 4

Pickpocketing - 1

Lockpicking - 1

Reaction Time - 4

Dodge - 4

Weapons - 3

Total: 18

Smarts

Magic - not applicable -

Strategist - 1

Leadership - 2

Medic - 1

Alchemist - 1

Total: 5

History: The colt of a retired warrior sired by a Stallion from Violi, his mother perished during a great upheaval after three years, far too young for Ignius to remember, and his Father worked his time around their small part of the province, keeping their townsfolk out of danger, repelling encroaching monsters and bandits. Life was hard, food was minimal at best, and free time was spent with his Father training with the axe and he sword. Although Ignius aspired to be more than just another pony forced into a life of a warrior, it was either his fierce temper against those who poked humorously about his parents or his limited perspective on academia that prevented him from going on with a normal life. Each day was a training routine of discipline, each session allowed him to master his weapons, to defend those he would be entrusted to when his Father would no longer be able to.

All that changed after one fight. A group of bullies was gaining ground in the school, and they were brutal, as their wrath extended to everyone, including Ignius. For days, they decided to make him the prime target, poking at his attitude, poking at his future, his family. Then they poked as his Mother. The fair mare who his Father had spoken of highly and dearly. He would not stand it. So he went up to their leader, and landed a hard punch at him. The others looked towards their leader, then back at Ignius, before charging at him. Try as he might, he was still outnumbered four-to-one, despite both skill and strength, it was clear that even when he took out two, he was tiring. And just as he was getting cornered, he felt a sudden surge of energy through him, different from adrenaline. With a surge of fury, he quickly delivered quick and painful, but not fatal blows to the other two, leaving them on the floor in pain. And just as he stood over their leader, he was stopped by a passing teacher, which after due process, he was expelled. Much to the chagrin of his Father, who hoped his training would keep the young colt's fiery spirit down, but it didn't, it went as far as to grant his Cutie Mark, an axe on fire.

Fast forward a few normal years, and Ignius joined his Father, the axe his favored blade, his strategy next to none, but his determination unbroken. At this point, his Father only taught basic discipline and survival in the realistic world, but when it came to battle, Ignius' spirit was next to none. But eventually, he would be pushed into another level. One day, a group of marauding bandits raided the town, setting ablaze structures, and taking the innocent captive, as this transpired, Ignius knew none of this, as he was out hunting, but when he returned, he was faced with a heart-wrenching scene. All ponies gone, a town burned out, and his Father's absence only made him assume the worst. Ignius thought that he would live on like his Father, and when he had his colt, he would teach him, and perhaps Ignius would cool down. But since fate had other plans, Ignius hated fate. He hated the bandits from their wanton destruction. He hated it all.

And as that anger grew, his judgement was clouded, and his perception of justice twisted. For him, there was no mourning and moving on, no attempts at happiness, and definitely no more family. Going back inside the remains of his house, he gathered his belongings, and when he was satisfied, left his home for the outside world. To hunt down those who committed such atrocities, to sate his hatred with the ending of scum, to ease his mind knowing that the devils who caused destruction were gone, and to satisfy his need for vengeance. And he would start, by severing the links to the heart.

((Abit violent history where I applied abit of Euphemism to keep it site-friendly. Tell me if it's still too violent, or not violent enough.))

don't forget it add a perk.