Pony MUSH

Greenhorn

Hello fillies and gentlecolts. I haven't posted in these forums for months, so it feels kinda weird that my first post since my absence is an advertisement... but I'll try to be around here more to make up for that.

I've mentioned this a few times in the chat and I just got permission to post this here. It is a pony MUSH that someone started around two months ago, and I'm now helping as co-admin. For those who don't know, a MUSH is a text based virtual world focused on roleplaying which gives the users the oportunity to help building the world. This means that if you like fancy stuff (like pictures and sound), you won't like this, but it's still a lot of fun.

We are just starting and there is a lot left to build, but we have a few players already and some RP going on, and more players means more fun and faster growth.

The blog is http://equestriandawn.blogspot.com/ and the ip of the mush is tangent.dune.net port 8789. You'll have to download a MUSH client first.

I hope some of you come by and pay us a visit, we're always looking for new friends.

It is almost the same as a MUD. The only difference is that MUDs are coded specifically with traditional RPGs mechanics (combat, economy, skills, etc) and the game masters (or wizards) build the world for you to play in, while a MUSH is more oriented towards role playing and allows the users to build the world, but has less functionality imlemented, though with some effort one can code whatever you'd want, so in a sense you could build a MUD starting from a MUSH, but not the other way around.

I hope that explains it.