[Stalliongrad] White and Frozen Ground

TehBbqdPizza

The mare paused for a short moment, flipping the cover of her watch to look at her watch. Ten o'clock. She bit her lip, closing the watch cover and looking up at the sky. It was supposedly a clear day, not a cloud at sight, though it appeared to be darker than usual due to the lack of sun. The lack of sun discomforted her.

Her fellow partner, which was a stallion, did not think it so. He was more used to the atmosphere here, and it was because this particular place was his birthplace. The two were trotting in the roads of Stalliongrad, the mare shivering as the stallion continued on with little trouble.

"I thought you said we would be there in an half an hour, Pen," the mare said, breaking the silence between them.

"Well, it does take some time getting to the district. Maybe more time than I expected, honestly. Strange. It used to take a much shorter time when I was younger." Penstroke replied.

Traverse exhaled, letting out a breath of cold air. "This place is freezing, too. We should have come when it was summer; in fact, I would have been much happier if we went someplace else for our cartography surveying, but you proposed we come to this frozen land!"

Penstroke sighed in slight annoyance, then countered. "Look, it's just ten degrees below zero. And don't you live in some 'empire' in the northern land? You should be fairly fine with this temperature."

"On the contrary, I am not. Considering I have lived in an empire where it has been covered by a magic layer used to prevent harsh environmental elements, I have barely even been out in the cold, let alone long-term." Traverse let out a sneeze, appearing to be not very well. Forty-two degrees of coldness, she believed, was way beyond what she could withstand.

"Fine!" Penstroke said, his point reached. "Let's just go to the nearest clothing store and purchase some clothing for you."

"And get out of this cold," Traverse added.

The two continued on through the path on a journey to find the clothing store, though the stallion had also arrived here for a second reason; he wanted to come back here. This was his original home. And he had that intangible feeling that he would find something here; perhaps something he had once remembered of, or contrastively, something new.

• 3 weeks later...

yr3wISK.png

[Colour=#33ffcc]Dr. Peridot Mellow was in Stalliongrad to visit a patient; who had recently moved here, and see how their recovery was going. She had realized within the first moments off the train she was quite direly in need of a jacket and scarf. Her businessy outfit simply would not do in the chilling weather of Stalliongrad. She shielded her eyes from the brightness of the snow covered ground and looked about for a suitable merchant from which she could purchase said warm articles of clothing. it took a bit of walking about before at last one came into view. She hurried her trot, wishing to get out of the cold. Once she was inside she looked about for the proprietor of the establishment. "Greetings, is anypony here? I am looking to purchase some of your fine goods." She stated as she delved deeper into the clothing store.[/colour]